Tootoo Runs Ryan Miller...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

Re: Tootoo Runs Ryan Miller...

In Response to Re: Tootoo Runs Ryan Miller...:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tootoo Runs Ryan Miller... : Got pushed into him. Tried to avoid contact. How is that worse than the Lucic play?
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

-Lucic was racing for a puck, in an area of the rink he had every right to be.
    -Tootoo was racing for a puck into an area he had NO right to be
    -With Lucic,Miller was not trying to make a save. He was acting as a d-man, and trying to advance the puck.
    -With Tootoo, Miller was in his crease, trying to make a save.
     What did Tootoo think was going to happen. He would suddenly grow wings, and fly over Miller?

If I am sitting in my livingroom, and get mauled by a bear, it's the bear's fault. But if I go into the forest, where it lives, I must assume the responsibility, if something happens :)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

A little bit more news that made me smile (evil).... Gaustad got injured during that scrum where he tried to make amends for his lack of balls against Lucic.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pentaxian82. Show Pentaxian82's posts

If I was tootoo, i would do it all over again.  Miller is an overrated one hit wonder.  Unfortunately the league might suspend Tootoo because this is the second collision involving Miller.  They need to change the rules and make goalies more accountable for their actions and less untouchable.  If they don't want the contact they need to stay in the net (and I know miller was in his crease).

It will be interesting to see how the rest of the league approaches Miller.  I don't think he's too well repected.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

gaustad points at the preds goalie post on his way off.

whatever  "goose".

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dalexander2424. Show dalexander2424's posts

[QUOTE]   This is a tough call. Contact will a goalie in the crease, IMO, is much worse than a Lucic type play, where a goalie has left his protected area. Rrgardless of whether Tootoo tried to avoid Miller or not, he must assume some responsibility for putting himself in the position of going into the crease, at high speed. Think of a car speeding through a school zone, If the driver hits a kid, even though he tried to brake, he is still on his way to jail because of his disregard of the consequences of his actions, before the incident. Miller may have actually saved Tootoo from a suspension, with his post-game comments. He did not seem to think it was that big a deal, compared to the Lucic hit, so that may make it tough for the NHL to suspend him. Ruff however, was his usual whiny self.
    Posted by biggskye[/QUOTE]
    Yeah, sure, why would a player go hard to the net? That doesn't make any sense. BUT let's be honest he could have stopped. Two minutes for goaltender interference and having the entire Sabres team challenge him to a fight should have been the only consequences for this hit. Weak. Comparing this to someone speeding through a school zone makes zero sense to me. It's not against the rules to go hard to the net. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Miller's probably relieved his club showed more testicular fortitude after this incident.  Should Gastaud vs Tootoo occur next time they meet, visually it will look like Gulliver's Travels. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SteveM. Show SteveM's posts

[QUOTE]Interesting how this will be reviewed but Linda's remarks saying " I told you it was open season on goalies "  Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

Priceless B'sL! Two minutes would have been fair with the push from #10.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

On Bookboy's point, you probably could argue that Tootoo knew the probable outcomes: either he skates free and has a great shot at a goal; or he gets bumped and has little choice but to collide with Miller.  Not as flagrantly suspicious as hanging around the net waiting for a bump to "knock you off balance and on to the goalie", but something to consider.  I don't see how any sensible rule could be made to stop it, though.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tootoo Runs Ryan Miller... : -Lucic was racing for a puck, in an area of the rink he had every right to be. -Tootoo was racing for a puck into an area he had NO right to be -With Lucic,Miller was not trying to make a save. He was acting as a d-man, and trying to advance the puck. -With Tootoo, Miller was in his crease, trying to make a save.  What did Tootoo think was going to happen. He would suddenly grow wings, and fly over Miller?    If I am sitting in my livingroom, and get mauled by a bear, it's the bear's fault. But if I go into the forest, where it lives, I must assume the responsibility, if something happens :)

He got pushed into Miller. Why can't you see that? I'm a goaltender, I know when someone intentionally runs me or was pushed into me. I can tell without actually seeing it. When your driving to the net and get pushed from behind, what are you supposed to do?

If I'm jogging along the road and someone pushes me into the woods and I get mauled by a bear, who's fault is that?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

I to think the Lucic hit was worse. This is called crashing the net! This is called hockey & it's part of being a goalie!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PAULICAS1975. Show PAULICAS1975's posts

Well I guess you can put Tootoo's name next to Lucic's name on Miller Crapper list for the year.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Tootoo is probably the NHL's top meathead at this point. Avery pushes the envelope, Cooke amazingly seems to have learned, and Ott learned he's allowed to play hockey and not just try and injure people... He has a rep, he's going to get the biggest slap whenever he does something.

[QUOTE]Interesting play and video. Tootoo ended up with a 5 minute major for charging and a game misconduct.  "Knuckles" Gaustad got a double minor for roughing, nothing for Miller who clearly starts throwing immediately. You have to protect the goalies but driving the net is also part of the game.  I see a penalty on Tootoo for this one, but a major and a game misconduct? 
    Posted by Crowls2424[/QUOTE]

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tootoo Runs Ryan Miller... : He got pushed into Miller. Why can't you see that? I'm a goaltender, I know when someone intentionally runs me or was pushed into me. I can tell without actually seeing it. When your driving to the net and get pushed from behind, what are you supposed to do? If I'm jogging along the road and someone pushes me into the woods and I get mauled by a bear, who's fault is that?

All I have been saying, is that IMO, Tootoo's hit was worse than Lucic's.
    Obviously, the refs agree with me. 2 minutes for Lucic. 5 and a game, for Tootoo.
    I don't think there will be a suspension.
    Also, putting aside my car and bear analogies, I believe that if you deliberately put yourself in harms way, you must assume some responsibility.
    Miller did that when he raced an on-coming tank (Lucic) for the puck, and Tootoo did it, when he cut in towards the crease.
    I understand there was contact from the d-man. I also understand, that if it had been a blatant shove, the refs would not have given such a severe penalty.
    I also understand that Tootoo has to be willing to make plays like that, or he probably wouldn't be in the NHL.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from gksieber. Show gksieber's posts

Miller faking a concussion, that's a good one! Come out from behind your computer loser

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tootoo Runs Ryan Miller... :    All I have been saying, is that IMO, Tootoo's hit was worse than Lucic's. Obviously, the refs agree with me. 2 minutes for Lucic. 5 and a game, for Tootoo. I don't think there will be a suspension. Also, putting aside my car and bear analogies, I believe that if you deliberately put yourself in harms way, you must assume some responsibility. Miller did that when he raced an on-coming tank (Lucic) for the puck, and Tootoo did it, when he cut in towards the crease. I understand there was contact from the d-man. I also understand, that if it had been a blatant shove, the refs would not have given such a severe penalty. I also understand that Tootoo has to be willing to make plays like that, or he probably wouldn't be in the NHL.

Understand that had it not been Ryan Miller, Tootoo wouldnt have even received a minor penatly. Total overreaction byt the ref and Paul Gaustad.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

2 minute penalty at most...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

Loved it, couldn't have happened to a better goalie. Wonder if he called Tootoo a piece of sh*t in the post game interview.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from flave36. Show flave36's posts

Those left handed catching glove shots Miller was dishing out were brutal, how did Tootoo get up?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tootoo Runs Ryan Miller... : I think if Tootoo had decided to go behind the net then his coach would have benched him for the rest of the game for playing soft!  He should have gotten a 5 minute major (maximum) and an "attaboy" from the coach.  No suspension on this one.
    Posted by hangnail[/QUOTE]

Tootoo, will get suspended for this for many reasons, first of all he has a history of being stupid, 2nd of all he clobbered a star goalie who was in the crease and he could have avoided it and 3rd Shanny will want to put a stop to all of this and will use Tootoo as an example

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Talked to Tootoo and he said he was trying to avoid contact by jumping around and not over like it appeared. He said he expects to get suspened because everyone is alert right now and it happened to Miller. He also had some very kind words for Gausted and Miller...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Talked to him...?  You mean, you talked to him?  And that happened how?  You have to know that on this board, others have claimed to have "insiders in the XX organization" tell them things before, so an offhand claim to have talked to a guy is an open invitation....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

[QUOTE]Talked to him...?  You mean, you talked to him?  And that happened how?  You have to know that on this board, others have claimed to have "insiders in the XX organization" tell them things before, so an offhand claim to have talked to a guy is an open invitation....
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]
    I don't have any insiders. I've known Tootoo personally for about 6 years now. One of my closest friends played with him in the AHL and I see him once an offseason. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from matttt87. Show matttt87's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tootoo Runs Ryan Miller... : He got pushed into Miller. Why can't you see that? I'm a goaltender, I know when someone intentionally runs me or was pushed into me. I can tell without actually seeing it. When your driving to the net and get pushed from behind, what are you supposed to do? If I'm jogging along the road and someone pushes me into the woods and I get mauled by a bear, who's fault is that?

...the bears?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tootoo Runs Ryan Miller... : ...the bears?
    Posted by matttt87[/QUOTE]

It is very clearly the squirrels fault. I mean who leaves an acorn in front of the bears cave so that he steps on it and gets angry?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

[QUOTE]Interesting play and video. Tootoo ended up with a 5 minute major for charging and a game misconduct.  "Knuckles" Gaustad got a double minor for roughing, nothing for Miller who clearly starts throwing immediately. You have to protect the goalies but driving the net is also part of the game.  I see a penalty on Tootoo for this one, but a major and a game misconduct? 
    Posted by Crowls2424[/QUOTE]

Great analysis -- "Miller starts throwing immediately" -- With those giant gloves still on. Tootoo has got to be laughing on the bottom of the pile thinking "What is the moron doing -- He may as well hit me with the throw pillows on his love seat." 

Sections
Shortcuts