Tootoo Runs Ryan Miller...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kylequinn. Show kylequinn's posts

Tootoo Runs Ryan Miller...

I give credit to someone else, as they mentioned this hit in another post, but thought to add the clip..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKIf3aYmBoA

I think that every game Miller plays, someone should run him...soley on the basis of R.Miller being a piece of sh!t... :)I wounder if he will fake another concusion

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Re: Tootoo Runs Ryan Miller...

Is this video really chopyy for everyone or just me?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

It was fine for me.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rlprentiss. Show rlprentiss's posts

Look at Gustad try and act tough

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Interesting play and video.

Tootoo ended up with a 5 minute major for charging and a game misconduct.  "Knuckles" Gaustad got a double minor for roughing, nothing for Miller who clearly starts throwing immediately.

You have to protect the goalies but driving the net is also part of the game.  I see a penalty on Tootoo for this one, but a major and a game misconduct? 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

No way does Tootoo get off. He never tried to avoid the goalie who was in the crease. Gaustad was bsolutely correct in going right after him. If TooToo did this in Boston, he would not have walked off the ice.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

I'm not sure that collision happens without the push from #10.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Lucic's hit on Miller was worse and more deliberate.  Tootoo had no where else to go, Lucic did. 

It actually looked like Tootoo was trying to jump out of the way, as the announcer pointed out.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Tootoo Runs Ryan Miller...:
    Lucic's hit on Miller was worse and more deliberate.  Tootoo had no where else to go, Lucic did.  It actually looked like Tootoo was trying to jump out of the way, as the announcer pointed out.
    Posted by hangnail

Hang, I have to disagree. Tootoo could've gone behind the net. He drove through the blue paint. I'm not sure if 5 and a game was warranted but he did get Miller "in the blue".

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Is this video really chopyy for everyone or just me?
    Posted by BadHabitude

Lay off the booze and watch it in the morning.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Just a hard hockey play that deserved a penalty. With Miller coming back from injury it was a big deal to the media and the Sabres.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In Response to Re: Tootoo Runs Ryan Miller... : Hang, I have to disagree. Tootoo could've gone behind the net. He drove through the blue paint. I'm not sure if 5 and a game was warranted but he did get Miller "in the blue".
    Posted by dezaruchi

I think if Tootoo had decided to go behind the net then his coach would have benched him for the rest of the game for playing soft! 

He should have gotten a 5 minute major (maximum) and an "attaboy" from the coach.  No suspension on this one.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Tootoo Runs Ryan Miller... : I think if Tootoo had decided to go behind the net then his coach would have benched him for the rest of the game for playing soft!  He should have gotten a 5 minute major (maximum) and an "attaboy" from the coach.  No suspension on this one.
    Posted by hangnail

Agreed for sure.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I see a guy driving the to net with speed and a push from a defenseman.

I see a tough guy trying to make amends but looking really silly instead.

I see a goaltender who has so much padding, he could be used as a target on the rifle range and have no marks at day's end.

I see hockey.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Tootoo Runs Ryan Miller... : Lay off the booze and watch it in the morning.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-

Oh darn I was just going to wash down the rest of my omelette LoL!

@DRCC That is where I would go with my explanation if it gets to having to speak with Shanahammer.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

Hits him while Miller is in the crease, I smell a suspension coming. Did Miller cry after the game and tell everyone he is concussed again?

Love the end of the clip where the Sabres pounce on poor Tootoo and mug him with their purses. Something tells me if Jordan ever got up he could take them all.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I laughed when I first saw it.  Hey Lindy, it's not open season on goalies!  It's open season on your whiny, concussion faking, tough talking, suspension baiting dirt bag of a goalie!  Looks good on him too!

In all of the talk about the Lucic/Miller collision, one of the things I wrote was that there was a bigger issue with guys going to the net and using any little contact from a defender to justify slamming the goalie who's in a more vulnerable position because he's trying to make a save.  This was one of those.  The push on Tootoo was weak at best.  The puck was behind the net, so Tootoo's path to the net no longer makes hockey sense, but he drove in and blasted Miller on the continuation - and the use of a basketball term should indicate that this is cheese.

Still, Miller's got to get something.  He jumped on Tootoo and was punching him in the back of the head while his head was against the ice.  Anyway, I just wanted to weigh in and tell you guys what a piece of sh-- I think Ryan Miller is...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"I laughed when I first saw it.  Hey Lindy, it's not open season on goalies!  It's open season on your whiny, concussion faking, tough talking, suspension baiting dirt bag of a goalie!  Looks good on him too!"

Whoa Book channeling his inner JWensink, Like it LoL!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Babajingo. Show Babajingo's posts

Those announcers cracked me up.  What a bunch of homers.  Actually, Edwards would have done the same I guess. 

I look at a guy who had his head down, driving to the net.  By the time he realized his situation, he didn't have many options.  He jumped to avoid a direct hit, which made it look worse than it actually was.  It was the right call, but should be no suspension. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I see a guy driving the to net with speed and a push from a defenseman. I see a tough guy trying to make amends but looking really silly instead. I see a goaltender who has so much padding, he could be used as a target on the rifle range and have no marks at day's end. I see hockey.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Everything but the rifle statement I agree with. Tootoo is driving to the net. Gets pushed towards the net by Erhoff. Jumps in attempt to avoid/limit contact with Miller who is on his kness. Getting pushed in the same direction your momentum is going, makes it almost impossible to get out of the way.

Gaustad puts on Act 2 Scene 3 to overcompensate for what happened in Boston.
    5 minute major is ridiculous for this play. If he gets suspended then it's a joke.
    I have not read anything on this yet, but I can guess as to what Lindy Ruff has said.
    I'm guessing they don't play til next year, so Gaustad will have to wait til then year before he gets beat up badly by Tootoo to send his message.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Let's see if the whiny Sabres get a suspension out of this. Really disagree if he does. Like I was saying last night Tootoo tried to avoid him , a little, but his intention to drive to the net was genuine. 
    Like most of you are saying it's a hockey play.
    Interesting how this will be reviewed but Linda's remarks saying " I told you it was open season on goalies "  deserves a fine .  Shannahan has already warned him once on how that statement is irresponsible.
    This is what everyone should be talking about.
    So what Miller did is not considered open season to use your blocker against a guys head ?  or whatever happened to the league containing head shots ?

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

Inuit totoo wouldl destroy anybody on the team

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

This is a tough call. Contact will a goalie in the crease, IMO, is much worse than a Lucic type play, where a goalie has left his protected area.
    Rrgardless of whether Tootoo tried to avoid Miller or not, he must assume some responsibility for putting himself in the position of going into the crease, at high speed.
    Think of a car speeding through a school zone, If the driver hits a kid, even though he tried to brake, he is still on his way to jail because of his disregard of the consequences of his actions, before the incident.
    Miller may have actually saved Tootoo from a suspension, with his post-game comments. He did not seem to think it was that big a deal, compared to the Lucic hit, so that may make it tough for the NHL to suspend him.
    Ruff however, was his usual whiny self.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

This is a tough call. Contact will a goalie in the crease, IMO, is much worse than a Lucic type play, where a goalie has left his protected area. Rrgardless of whether Tootoo tried to avoid Miller or not, he must assume some responsibility for putting himself in the position of going into the crease, at high speed. Think of a car speeding through a school zone, If the driver hits a kid, even though he tried to brake, he is still on his way to jail because of his disregard of the consequences of his actions, before the incident. Miller may have actually saved Tootoo from a suspension, with his post-game comments. He did not seem to think it was that big a deal, compared to the Lucic hit, so that may make it tough for the NHL to suspend him. Ruff however, was his usual whiny self.
    Posted by biggskye

Got pushed into him. Tried to avoid contact. How is that worse than the Lucic play?

Sections
Shortcuts