Tootoo

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Tootoo

Always liked Tootoo but I thought 1.9 mill a yr (3 yr deal) is a little pricey. Just curious what others here thought. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Re: Tootoo

Good deal for Detroit. They had cap space and were losing forwards like Hudler anyway. Added a bit of grit where it was needed, too.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Big j. Show Big j's posts

He is a very dirty player would not want him on the b's

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

I wanna see a Red winged Tootoo!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In Response to Re: Tootoo:
    I hvae liked his game for a while I think this is a sneaky good little addition for the wings. I read he has turned his life around alot wish him well and hope he doesn't fall back off the wagon. When I saw the thread I was hoping the bruins got him :(
    Posted by bosbruins2011cup

He will definitely add some aggression and tenacity on the bottom six for a team that desperately needs it. I look for him to have a good year.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In Response to Re: Tootoo : He will definitely add some aggression and tenacity on the bottom six for a team that desperately needs it. I look for him to have a good year.
    Posted by jmwalters

Same here, jm. I've read that he had some off-ice issues that are now behind him so I'd imagine he'll be amped to show Holland he made the right choice in signing him.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In Response to Re: Tootoo : Same here, jm. I've read that he had some off-ice issues that are now behind him so I'd imagine he'll be amped to show Holland he made the right choice in signing him.
    Posted by RichHillOntario

Yep, few players in the league can create the havoc Tootoo does on the ice. Plus he can score too which is something the likes of Abdelkater are still struggling with. I look forward to watching him.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In Response to Re: Tootoo : Yep, few players in the league can create the havoc Tootoo does on the ice. Plus he can score too which is something the likes of Abdelkater are still struggling with. I look forward to watching him.
    Posted by jmwalters

Here's what the Wings are getting:http://youtu.be/fWw_DZcs0KM
    If he can pop a few goals, then bonus.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Tootoo : Here's what the Wings are getting: http://youtu.be/fWw_DZcs0KM If he can pop a few goals, then bonus.

His game looks like Stan Jonathan's in many respects.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In Response to Re: Tootoo : His game looks like Stan Jonathan's in many respects.
    Posted by dezaruchi

Very accurate comparison........

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I say he nets 20 plus for the Wings this year. Playing in Nashville and the personal problems he has overcome I think Detroit is the best for for him.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In Response to Re: Tootoo : His game looks like Stan Jonathan's in many respects.
    Posted by dezaruchi

Spot on, dez.  Physically they even resemble each other:thick-bodied and 5-9ish. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

[QUOTE]I say he nets 20 plus for the Wings this year. Playing in Nashville and the personal problems he has overcome I think Detroit is the best for for him.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

I don't think he'll exceed 10.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Tootoo : Spot on, dez.  Physically they even resemble each other:thick-bodied and 5-9ish. 

Both guys hard as hell to play against I'm sure.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In Response to Re: Tootoo : Both guys hard as hell to play against I'm sure.
    Posted by dezaruchi

True dez.  First Nations and Indingenous Peoples have produced some physical NHLers.  Arron Asham, Bryan Trottier, Chris Simon, Gino Odnick, Sandy McCarthy, Sheldon Souray, Cody McCormick, Dwight and D. J. King, Kyle Chipchurra, Darcy Tucker, ex-Pred Denny Lambert, T. J. Oshie, Rene Bourque and Theo Fleury's of Metis heritage.  I'm not stereo-typing.  Just an observation.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Tootoo : True dez.  First Nations and Indingenous Peoples have produced some physical NHLers.  Arron Asham, Bryan Trottier, Chris Simon, Gino Odnick, Sandy McCarthy, Sheldon Souray, Cody McCormick, Dwight and D. J. King, Kyle Chipchurra, Darcy Tucker, ex-Pred Denny Lambert, T. J. Oshie, Rene Bourque and Theo Fleury's of Metis heritage.  I'm not stereo-typing.  Just an observation.

That's a pretty rugged list of players.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

He's capable of at least 10 goals and some all-round tough play. At least old man Bertuzzi will no longer have to play the enforcer all the time. How embarrasing for Wing fans that situation was.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In Response to Re: Tootoo : True dez.  First Nations and Indingenous Peoples have produced some physical NHLers.  Arron Asham, Bryan Trottier, Chris Simon, Gino Odnick, Sandy McCarthy, Sheldon Souray, Cody McCormick, Dwight and D. J. King, Kyle Chipchurra, Darcy Tucker, ex-Pred Denny Lambert, T. J. Oshie, Rene Bourque and Theo Fleury's of Metis heritage.  I'm not stereo-typing.  Just an observation.

There are three reserves within a twenty minute drive from my house.  If we didn't live in a politically correct world, I might make an observation too.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

He's capable of at least 10 goals and some all-round tough play. At least old man Bertuzzi will no longer have to play the enforcer all the time. How embarrasing for Wing fans that situation was.
    Posted by jmwalters

Did you see Bertuzzi's staged retaliation "fight" with Weber after Weber tried to injure Datsyuk and wasnt suspended?

THAT was embarrassing.  Made the Subban/Marchand tilt look like Ali/Forman.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In Response to Re: Tootoo : Did you see Bertuzzi's staged retaliation "fight" with Weber after Weber tried to injure Datsyuk and wasnt suspended? THAT was embarrassing.  Made the Subban/Marchand tilt look like Ali/Forman.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL

Yep. Props to Bert for at least showing up but that is just not his forte by any means. Just because a guy is big does not mean he automatically is a pugilisitc expert. If that were true Hal Gill would be on of the most feared players in the league. And we know that isn't true.

Tootoo is no heavy but at least he won't be pushed around.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

thanks for the info, man of these I would not have know.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Price is pretty tough for a goalie too.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In Response to Re: Tootoo : Price is pretty tough for a goalie too.
    Posted by red75

That he is, red.  Everybody's aware of him vs Thomas but check this out:
    http://youtu.be/Fs7XQrIbIfQ

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In Response to Re: Tootoo : thanks for the info, man of these I would not have know.
    Posted by BsLegion

BsL - Same here.  Had no idea Fleury, Darcy Tucker and T. J. Oshie were of First Nations origins.  Oshie is ex-Red Wing and North Star Henry Boucha's nephew.  I remember hearing a Habs radio correspondent being interviewed last year and reporting the surprise by some of their fans of learning that Rene Bourque was not French-Canadian despite his name. 

Sections
Shortcuts