Top 10 Bruins games on DVD

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Top 10 Bruins games on DVD

I finally was able to find the dam play-off B's DVD. On the inside cover I noticed there's a few DVD by the Flyers & Pens organization. I know Montreal has one out as well. Does any1 know if the B's are going to come out with one? If they did what list of games would you have? Here's mine in no random order except for the top 3

10) Game 3 1979 Conference Finals- Cherry shocks everybody & starts Gilbert over Cheevers. B's win 2-1 on goals by Jonathan & Park & Gilbert is heroic from the drop of the puck.

9) Game 7 1983 SF vs Buff- Brad Park is the hero in OT!

8) Game 7 1992 QF vs Buff- Andy Moog pulls an absolute Dial 911 I've been robbed job on Pat Lafontaine late in the game; keeping the B's ahead 3-2.

7) Game 5 1991 QF vs Hart-  Bruins down 5-2 going into the 3rd. The B's storm back thanks to a 2 goal 1 assist period by the "govenor" Dave Poulin!

6) Game 6 2008 QF vs Mon- Marco Sturm is the hero late.

5) Game 5 1988 SF vs Mon- Cam gets 2 & the B's break the 42 yr old drought & crush the Habs.

4) Game 3 1990 SCF vs Edm- For the 2nd time in this actual play-off yr. John Byce scores in the first 10 sec to start a game. (1st one was against Hart in game 7 rd 1) Greg Johnston scores the other & Moog plays his only great game of the finals.

3) Game 7 2011 CF vs TBay- The B's play the absolute "perfect game of Hockey" from the goalie out.

2) Game 4 1970 SCF vs St. Louis- Boston's Superman scores & soars!

1) Game 6 1972 SCF vs NYR- Boston beats the hated Rangers. I have NEVER seen this game. Just hi-lights.

Now before anyone loses it on me & asks me why don't I have this yrs Cup winner here. I already have it. ;-)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Re: Top 10 Bruins games on DVD

i think that list is pretty good.

i think game 7 vs mtl this year was epic too.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

3) Game 7 2011 CF vs TBay- The B's play the absolute "perfect game of Hockey" from the goalie out.

Glad you have this on the list. I've never been so comfortable watching a close game. I can't recall a single missed play or mistake by the Bs in that game, and there was zero doubt in my mind they would come out on top. It was a mental turning point for me and my typical New England sports psyche.

It was as beautiful a Game as I remember, with great up and down hockey by both sides. I would imagine Julien can die a happy man after that game alone. It truly justified his entire perspective on coaching.

As for the rest of the list, you have a great mix and clearly attention is paid to games of importance. For pure fun, I loved the Dallas game from a few years back. Same could be said of the mid-season MTL whooping. They weren't "important" games, but highly, highly entertaining to watch.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

there were 2 dallas games that were fantastic. as was that MTL game.

another great fight game was the caps bruins bench clearing brawl with (if i remember right) dafoe fighting with kolzig? also if i remember right they were VERY good friends, and i think best men at one anothers weddings

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

6) Game 6 2008 QF vs Mon- Marco Sturm is the hero late.

I busted my foot that night jumping up down in my living room celebrating that goal.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

In Response to Re: Top 10 Bruins games on DVD:
    [QUOTE]6) Game 6 2008 QF vs Mon- Marco Sturm is the hero late. I busted my foot that night jumping up down in my living room celebrating that goal.
    Posted by jalvis[/QUOTE]

I think this was THE game that brought many Bruins fans back to the team.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]i think that list is pretty good. i think game 7 vs mtl this year was epic too.
    Posted by lambda13[/QUOTE]

Yea it sure was! With the exception of my top 3 you could replace any of the other ones with this game & I wouldn't have an issue.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]there were 2 dallas games that were fantastic. as was that MTL game. another great fight game was the caps bruins bench clearing brawl with (if i remember right) dafoe fighting with kolzig? also if i remember right they were VERY good friends, and i think best men at one anothers weddings
    Posted by lambda13[/QUOTE]

You remembered right! There also was that great one against Ottawa; where Dafoe handed Patrick Lalime a new behind! Hmm I think that was 2002.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]3) Game 7 2011 CF vs TBay- The B's play the absolute "perfect game of Hockey" from the goalie out. Glad you have this on the list. I've never been so comfortable watching a close game. I can't recall a single missed play or mistake by the Bs in that game, and there was zero doubt in my mind they would come out on top. It was a mental turning point for me and my typical New England sports psyche. It was as beautiful a Game as I remember, with great up and down hockey by both sides. I would imagine Julien can die a happy man after that game alone. It truly justified his entire perspective on coaching. As for the rest of the list, you have a great mix and clearly attention is paid to games of importance. For pure fun, I loved the Dallas game from a few years back. Same could be said of the mid-season MTL whooping. They weren't "important" games, but highly, highly entertaining to watch.
    Posted by asmaha[/QUOTE]

Thx for mentioning that Dallas game. When you think about it that game turned out to be a VERY IMPORTANT game. That was when the core of this team really came together. They were missing Bergy; but that was the night they set a statement to the rest of the league. THE BRUINS ARE BACK!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Top 10 Bruins games on DVD : I think this was THE game that brought many Bruins fans back to the team.
    Posted by asmaha[/QUOTE]

The thing I remember most (other than injuring my foot) was how long the puck was on Marco's stick.  It seemed like an eternity....and then SCOORRRREEEEE!!!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Top 10 Bruins games on DVD : You remembered right! There also was that great one against Ottawa; where Dafoe handed Patrick Lalime a new behind! Hmm I think that was 2002.
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]

Haha best part of that game... I was there :)

(the Caps vs. B's game I mean)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

nitemare--

your list is just about perfect.

Basically, you had me at "Gilbert." Great call on that Game 3 of the '79 CF. Of course we all --sadly--think of the heartbreaker game 7, but the B's played incredible hockey in that series and Gilles was a big reason why--esp. in game 3.

would love to see that one again.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]nitemare-- your list is just about perfect. Basically, you had me at "Gilbert." Great call on that Game 3 of the '79 CF. Of course we all --sadly--think of the heartbreaker game 7, but the B's played incredible hockey in that series and Gilles was a big reason why--esp. in game 3. would love to see that one again.
    Posted by TryToBearIt[/QUOTE]

Yea; I used to have that game on a disc (game 3) & someone stole it! Right off the opening faceoff Lemaire went on a break away & Gilly robbed him with the glove. Gilbert got 1st star in 3 of the 4 games he played in that series.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Top 10 Bruins games on DVD : Yea; I used to have that game on a disc (game 3) & someone stole it! Right off the opening faceoff Lemaire went on a break away & Gilly robbed him with the glove. Gilbert got 1st star in 3 of the 4 games he played in that series.
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]

Probably stolen by a Habs fan ;-)

Just curious--where/how did you get that game on disc? I assume it's not available anymore or you would have replaced it...and how do we lobby to get such DVDs available? It annoys me that other teams like the Flyers have them and the B's don't.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Billy-Chapel. Show Billy-Chapel's posts

but that was the night they set a statement to the rest of the league. THE BRUINS ARE BACK!!!

Not just that the Bs are back, but the BIG BAD Bs are back

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

This is why it would have been a great shame to lose nite's contributions here during Jersey-gate...

Good post, great list.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]This is why it would have been a great shame to lose nite's contributions here during Jersey-gate... Good post, great list.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

Thx Fletch! You're pretty OK too!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Top 10 Bruins games on DVD : Probably stolen by a Habs fan ;-) Just curious--where/how did you get that game on disc? I assume it's not available anymore or you would have replaced it...and how do we lobby to get such DVDs available? It annoys me that other teams like the Flyers have them and the B's don't.
    Posted by TryToBearIt[/QUOTE]

I got a lot of my disc's from a site called HD Hockey TV; but it went under about a yr ago. Interestingly enough I did find this site & he HAS that game 3 from 1979!
    http://www.ioffer.com/i/nhl-hockey-games-on-dvd-huge-collection-50-s-present-382051986

However; I would love to lobby a petition for getting one of these top 10 games made. I think going through John Bishop would be a decent contact. Do you know of anyone who makes regular contact with him?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]but that was the night they set a statement to the rest of the league. THE BRUINS ARE BACK!!! Not just that the Bs are back, but the BIG BAD Bs are back
    Posted by Billy-Chapel[/QUOTE]

True that buddy!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Hey peeps. Sorry to bring this back up; but does anyone have Bishop on twitter; email; phone number? I bet he would know who to get in touch with to get this DVD done. If enough of us petition & say we're interested in buying it. I'm sure somebody with NESN; or the NHL can get it done. No?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kanes-Donuts. Show Kanes-Donuts's posts

any of the fine games timmy thomas played this year would be the top bruins games how about game 7 vs canucks or one or two vs flyers these games make those old ancient games look like slow moption lol  cheevers who? mooog who   lol

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

So many this year are on my list.  Game 4 and 7 vs Montreal, Game 2 and 7 vs TB, Game 3 and 7 vs Vancouver.  With all of those games the first one that I list in each series was an all-out fun game, while the 7's were full of tension and then victory.  Awesome!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

Gm 7 vs TB was one of the greatest games I've ever seen in any sport....period.  Both teams played exceptionaly well......with the slight upper hand to the Bruins.  Roloson made that a closer game than it needed to be.  But that just added to the excitement.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chappy28. Show Chappy28's posts

One of my personal favorites is the game when Lucic beat down Komiserak and was yelling at the Montreal bench!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from wetcamelfood. Show wetcamelfood's posts

I'd buy a box (no matter how big) of Bs games on DVD but no point including TB Game 7 or the 4 SCF wins since we're going to get those in the box that will be released in Oct so as long as no dupes, where's the petition? Sign me up! :)