Top 3 Bruin Busts

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Re: Top 3 Bruin Busts

In response to -Chowda-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:
    [QUOTE]

1. Blaine low to the blocker Lacher

2. Sergie Samsonov

3.Rick Toccett

4. Martin Lapointe

5. Ken Hodge Jr.

6. Lee Goran

7. Brett Harkins

8. Jeff Jillson

9. Dmitri Kvartalnov,

10.Grigori Panteleev

11.Shawn Bates

12. Randy Robitaille

13.Ivan Huml

14.Landon Wilson

15.Sergei Zinovjev

"Why is a puck called a puck? Because Dirty little bastar d was taken!"- Marty Brodeur

[/QUOTE]

Samsonov scored 20+ goals in 4 of his first 5 seasons as a Bruin ( the other ? 19 ).

If he's a bust ...............give the Bruins more like him.

[/QUOTE]

Don't get me wrong. I named my cat after him.."Sammy" But, he was supposed to be that "game breaker". I know he scored 20, but he was hyped enough to score 40 & 80pts as a norm. He didn't. Love the story Joe Sakic told me about him stick handling 2 pucks at once around pylons & the Av's watching from the bench clapped. But, considering all his talents he never produced the way he was supposed to imo.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

In response to OatesCam's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Oh wait, I forgot about these 3.

[/QUOTE]

Bingo, that gets my vote!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to bobruins' comment:
    [QUOTE]

1. Jonathan Aitken

2. Zach Hamill

3. Lars Jonsson

[/QUOTE]

I have to agree with these three, all of them pizz poor for such high picks. Scouts get a grade A fail.

[/QUOTE]

I'm with you...... I'm going to sub brad Palmer for Hamill. The Hamill draft just bit! The whole draft was terrible besides Courtue.Bruins unlike today had no LWs when they had the pick of Bellows & thought Palmer was the answer getting him & passing on Bellows. He was awful! Lucky Kluzak was included in this to some what soften that mistake.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

In response to islamorada's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to OatesCam's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Oh wait, I forgot about these 3.

[/QUOTE]

no no.  that's 6

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigBadnBruin. Show BigBadnBruin's posts

I can think of 3 draft picks I was sure were going to be stars, and didn't have any success at the NHL level.

CAMERON MANN & MIKE MOFFATT were stars in the World Juniors, but Moffatt couldn't get past his nerves, and I'm still not sure why Mann had so little success.

ROB CIMETTA was my third bust. He actually played 7 games for the Bruins in his draft year, scoring 2 goals. He even got into a playoff game, and ended up with 15 PIM. He also led the OHL in goals that year, with 55 in 50 games.

The next season, he scored 8 goals in 47 games, and that was it for his Bruin career.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Jonsson, Aitken, and Hamill at the draft table.

Stevens, Fernandez, and Landon Wilson/Anders Myravold at the trade table.

Lapointe, Coffey, Zhamnov at the FA table.

Steve Kasper and Dave Lewis at the coaches table.

Chowdakid, all marco incarnations and 66% of SanDog at the guys who post here table.

[/QUOTE]

Bergeron gave credit to Marty Lapointe for helping him learn what it takes to play in the NHL. For that alone I'm glad the Bruins signed him.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

1) Gord Kluzak...if only he didn't get injured

2) Jim Carey

3) Martin Lapointe

Luc Dufour was as tough as Nails.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]

1. Blaine low to the blocker Lacher

2. Sergie Samsonov

3.Rick Toccett

4. Martin Lapointe

5. Ken Hodge Jr.

6. Lee Goran

7. Brett Harkins

8. Jeff Jillson

9. Dmitri Kvartalnov,

10.Grigori Panteleev

11.Shawn Bates

12. Randy Robitaille

13.Ivan Huml

14.Landon Wilson

15.Sergei Zinovjev

"Why is a puck called a puck? Because Dirty little bastar d was taken!"- Marty Brodeur

[/QUOTE]

Nite, Kvartalnov was a 30 goal scorer and he had 91 points in 112 games for the Bruins. Tocchett had some injury trouble in Boston but still managed to score 32 goals in only 67 games while also chipping in 4 goals in 5 playoff games. He wasn't the same as he was in his prime but the B's knew that when they acquired him. Those 2 guys I just can't agree with.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

Guy Allen & Paul Reid....  

i don't know if they ever suited up for the B'S but they were what the B'S acquired in exchange for the rights to a certain KEN DRYDEN....

“People think common sense is common - but it's not.”

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from -Chowda-. Show -Chowda-'s posts

Don't get me wrong. I named my cat after him.."Sammy" But, he was supposed to be that "game breaker". I know he scored 20, but he was hyped enough to score 40 & 80pts as a norm. He didn't. Love the story Joe Sakic told me about him stick handling 2 pucks at once around pylons & the Av's watching from the bench clapped. But, considering all his talents he never produced the way he was supposed to imo.

[/QUOTE]

Considering all of the above..................maybe underachiever. Certainly not a bust.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from -Chowda-. Show -Chowda-'s posts

In response to BigBadnBruin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I can think of 3 draft picks I was sure were going to be stars, and didn't have any success at the NHL level.

CAMERON MANN & MIKE MOFFATT were stars in the World Juniors, but Moffatt couldn't get past his nerves, and I'm still not sure why Mann had so little success.

ROB CIMETTA was my third bust. He actually played 7 games for the Bruins in his draft year, scoring 2 goals. He even got into a playoff game, and ended up with 15 PIM. He also led the OHL in goals that year, with 55 in 50 games.

The next season, he scored 8 goals in 47 games, and that was it for his Bruin career.

[/QUOTE]

Mann, Moffat and Cimetta are probably three of the best names given for this thread. Good thinking !

Sections
Shortcuts