Top 5 Reasons Chiarelli Should Be Fired

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ROWDYRODRUST. Show ROWDYRODRUST's posts

Re: Top 5 Reasons Chiarelli Should Be Fired

In Response to Re: Top 5 Reasons Chiarelli Should Be Fired:
    It looks like several bruins employees are contributing to this thread.
    Posted by dogwhacker

Employee? No. Special Ed teacher in Boston. Although I did work for the Providence Bruins for a season back in 1996-97. Just sayin.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

When you stubbornly hold to an opinion and refuse to listen to reason then you always can perceive your self right.  Goebels! Posted by islamorada

translation Babbles LoL!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

When did rambling incoherently with non-points/misinformation that Bruins fans already know not to be true become proving a point ?
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

"non-points"?

I have made very accurate points here on the flaws of the organization.

How many Conf Finals have you seen as a Bruins fan?

Rambling would mean not making complete sentences.  You just don't like what I am saying.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In Response to Re: Top 5 Reasons Chiarelli Should Be Fired : "non-points"? I have made very accurate points here on the flaws of the organization.
    Posted by BBReigns

You keep saying that.  Trouble is nobody else is buying it.  You're quickly becomign the clown of this board...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

In Response to Re: Top 5 Reasons Chiarelli Should Be Fired : You keep saying that.  Trouble is nobody else is buying it.  You're quickly becomign the clown of this board...
    Posted by Fletcher1

That's because I know what the Bruins do under Jacobs.

We've seen this act before. You or no one else buying it, is something I could care less about. 

It's still my opinion.

Am I "show me" person.  This team needs to show me they are for real.

You are bought and sold. I am not.

You just can't handle that other opinion you don't like to read.  That sounds like you have behavioral issues.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

6. Traded the equivelent of 2 first round picks for a player ON THE CONDITION THAT HE PLAYS ONLY about 30 games in a Bruins uniform, EVER. (i.e., on the condition that he walks at the end of the year. IF HE DOESN'T WALK, Then another 2d round pick. WOW!
    7. Fails to get the scorer needed to complement his "improved" (1 for 7) power play. Called going halfway, something the Bruins have been known for under Jacobs. (Think never giving Bourque the team that could challenge the elites).
    8. Has penchant for energy over skill. How many Bruins, aside from Marchand and Seguin and Lucic, can create a goal from behind the net? A typical Bruins wraparound attempt ends up sailing back down the ice towards Tim Thomas.
    9. Fails, along with other Bruins management, to have ability to recognize a talented puckmover at the junior level. So he has to trade the farm to buy one. (Tommy Cross, Matt Lashoff, Shaone Morrison are all clones of each other. Decent size, slow, and not 1st round worthy).
    10. Goes for players who will never play in this country ( Carl Soderberg).
    11. Is singlehandedly responsible for the worst team in the AHL (Providence, a team who can't put the puck in the ocean when standing on a pier). And he says he has loads of young talent LOL.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

6. Traded the equivelent of 2 first round picks for a player ON THE CONDITION THAT HE PLAYS ONLY about 30 games in a Bruins uniform, EVER. (i.e., on the condition that he walks at the end of the year. IF HE DOESN'T WALK, Then another 2d round pick. WOW! 7. Fails to get the scorer needed to complement his "improved" (1 for 7) power play. Called going halfway, something the Bruins have been known for under Jacobs. (Think never giving Bourque the team that could challenge the elites). 8. Has penchant for energy over skill. How many Bruins, aside from Marchand and Seguin and Lucic, can create a goal from behind the net? A typical Bruins wraparound attempt ends up sailing back down the ice towards Tim Thomas. 9. Fails, along with other Bruins management, to have ability to recognize a talented puckmover at the junior level. So he has to trade the farm to buy one. (Tommy Cross, Matt Lashoff, Shaone Morrison are all clones of each other. Decent size, slow, and not 1st round worthy). 10. Goes for players who will never play in this country ( Carl Soderberg). 11. Is singlehandedly responsible for the worst team in the AHL (Providence, a team who can't put the puck in the ocean when standing on a pier). And he says he has loads of young talent LOL.
    Posted by OrrEspoCash

I am assuming this isn't sarcasm.

Just wanted to point this out for our buddy NotSoBadNewsBruins who apparently thinks Chiarelli is the next Ken Holland or Lou Lamiorello. lol

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

Posted by OrrEspoCash

6. Traded the equivelent of 2 first round picks for a player ON THE CONDITION THAT HE PLAYS ONLY about 30 games in a Bruins uniform, EVER. (i.e., on the condition that he walks at the end of the year. IF HE DOESN'T WALK, Then another 2d round pick. WOW!
    I'll let this debate  stay in the other forums.  Needless to say there is a debate, some like it some don't.

7. Fails to get the scorer needed to complement his "improved" (1 for 7) power play. Called going halfway, something the Bruins have been known for under Jacobs. (Think never giving Bourque the team that could challenge the elites).
    Who should he have gotten, was Versteeg the ultimate answer, he of 11 more career points then Wheeler since Wheeler entered the league?  Or was it Kovalev you were looking for?

8. Has penchant for energy over skill. How many Bruins, aside from Marchand and Seguin and Lucic, can create a goal from behind the net? A typical Bruins wraparound attempt ends up sailing back down the ice towards Tim Thomas.
    How many of these guys who score from behind the net do most teams have?  I would've just stuck with goals for goals against because I didn't realize the increased value of style points in the playoffs.  We'll have to let PC know.

9. Fails, along with other Bruins management, to have ability to recognize a talented puckmover at the junior level. So he has to trade the farm to buy one. (Tommy Cross, Matt Lashoff, Shaone Morrison are all clones of each other. Decent size, slow, and not 1st round worthy).
    I could've sworn two of those guys, Lashoff and Morrisson were drafted well before PC arrived.  The other was a second round pick, who people still like.  What was your point again?  And what is the average success rate of second round picks?

10. Goes for players who will never play in this country ( Carl Soderberg).
    For Hannu Toivonen!  Damnit he's really tearing it up now (Somewhere maybe?), he could probably be our top goalie in Providence.

11. Is singlehandedly responsible for the worst team in the AHL (Providence, a team who can't put the puck in the ocean when standing on a pier). And he says he has loads of young talent LOL.
    Okay, you win.

Most importantly BBReigns agrees with you!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: Top 5 Reasons Chiarelli Should Be Fired : That's because I know what the Bruins do under Jacobs. We've seen this act before. You or no one else buying it, is something I could care less about.  It's still my opinion. Am I "show me" person.  This team needs to show me they are for real. You are bought and sold. I am not. You just can't handle that other opinion you don't like to read.  That sounds like you have behavioral issues.
    Posted by BBReigns

JJ was in the black pre-lockout, yet he was one of the primary people behind it.

This guy is not stupid.  he was/is well aware of his rep.  JJ himself pulled out and put little Chuckie in charge.  Then when Chuckie started sweating profusely in front of the cameras and saying idiotic things, they made sure to get him out.  And thought to themselves... hmmmm, who did the fans really like... how about Cam Neely?

Smart move.  Nothing you can do about the image of Montgomery Burns and his little Lord Fauntleroy son, so get them out of the picture.

When was the last time you saw their name in print?

If you've been watching carefully, it's when little Chuckie wins equestrian competitions.

Again, JJ isn't stupid.  He took every insurance that he could to make owning an NHL team a turn key business.  Doesn't matter who owns the team, the cap is the cap and they are all set.  If you look at the current cap and do the math, they are spending less than they did before the lockout.  And he's making money.  And that's all that matters for him.

The business depends  highly upon the gate since the money isn't there for the tv rights.  If the team loses and the fans are disgruntled he loses the gate.  It is in his best interest that the team does well.

Note "does well".

Sure a Stanley Cup would be a good thing, but being very competitive is the goal.

He sure doesn't know anything about hockey, but he probably doesn't know anything about making good hot dogs or brewing good beer.

So he knows he has to hire management to do that.

He's learned that it isn't such a great idea to keep the same management in place for 400 years.

He knows it would appease the fans if a team is perceived to be non competitive.

So there you have it.  Do you like to visit the vending machine at work for your afternoon snack?  Hate the vending machine owner all you want, he's gathered together all the other vending machine owners and are price fixing.

And that's the NHL today.  Buy a snack from the vending machine or go somewhere else.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

6. Traded the equivelent of 2 first round picks for a player ON THE CONDITION THAT HE PLAYS ONLY about 30 games in a Bruins uniform, EVER. (i.e., on the condition that he walks at the end of the year. IF HE DOESN'T WALK, Then another 2d round pick. WOW! 7. Fails to get the scorer needed to complement his "improved" (1 for 7) power play. Called going halfway, something the Bruins have been known for under Jacobs. (Think never giving Bourque the team that could challenge the elites). 8. Has penchant for energy over skill. How many Bruins, aside from Marchand and Seguin and Lucic, can create a goal from behind the net? A typical Bruins wraparound attempt ends up sailing back down the ice towards Tim Thomas. 9. Fails, along with other Bruins management, to have ability to recognize a talented puckmover at the junior level. So he has to trade the farm to buy one. (Tommy Cross, Matt Lashoff, Shaone Morrison are all clones of each other. Decent size, slow, and not 1st round worthy). 10. Goes for players who will never play in this country ( Carl Soderberg). 11. Is singlehandedly responsible for the worst team in the AHL (Providence, a team who can't put the puck in the ocean when standing on a pier). And he says he has loads of young talent LOL.
    Posted by OrrEspoCash

Bourque played in 2 finals and 2 semis-finals alongside the likes of Cam Neely,Janney,Poulin,Linesman,Propp,Sweeney,Christian,Kluzak(later on it was Oates,Juneau,Ruzicka and Kvartalnov).Your 1st post and it already challenges for the least factual post in the history of this forum.I'm sure you're the sort that complains to the waiter about your meal regardless of how delicious it may have been.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

So this turns from a nice piece of satire to a ridiculous "he should really be fired" thread.
    Geez, folks. Lighten up.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

So this turns from a nice piece of satire to a ridiculous "he should really be fired" thread. Geez, folks. Lighten up.
    Posted by seobrien

I will never lighten up(although I may light up).

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

lmao.

In Response to Re: Top 5 Reasons Chiarelli Should Be Fired : Along with 1 imbecile.......
    Posted by dezaruchi

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Unlike players, a GM can improve with time.
    Some, uneducated idiots like MOC, refuse to learn, refuse to grow, refuse to change their thinking.
    PC went to Harvard - say what you will about colleges and education and you can argue about street smarts, but this is Harvard.  This is a place that is world reknowned for getting people to think and develop intellectual curiosity.  Yes, there are some silver spoon in the mouth kids that go there, but they do try to attract the best.

PC IS getting better.

Note the mistakes. 

Earlier in the career.

Better over time.

And getting better.

100% God honest truth no b.s., he is absolutely the #1 GM I'd go with right now based on potential.
    Everybody else has hit their potential and is steady, I don't see ANY of them getting better at what they do.
    Just pick one - Shero, who many of you think is God's gift to hockey.

How much better will his team be next year because they signed Kovie?  Do they want to sign Kovie for next year?

PC will likely sign Kaberle again and the intention is to have him here next year.  It was a good move for this year AND NEXT.

The other guys are under contract for next year already.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

In Response to Top 5 Reasons Chiarelli Should Be Fired:
    i used to be a pc supporter, but certain discussions i had with a certain poster i'll call "god's gift to the half shirt" made me saw the light. i think pc is a terrible gm and the bruins need to get rid of him now. here are my top 5 reasons.    1. the bruins haven't won the cup since 72. pc should have brought us a cup at least 15 years ago.    2. his failure to make cj seperate marchand and bergeron. i am sick and tired of watching them score every game.    3. his failure to trade rask. sure we don't have any good prospects in goal, but that shouldn't stop him. all he has to do is draft a goalie with the tor pick. a goalie picked in the top 10 is a sure shot to be a quality starter in 2 years if tt retires.    4. he didn't have any gm experience before he came here. you can't be a good gm if you don't have any experience with another team. they should have hired someone like brian burke. he was willing to change teams and had experience with a couple of teams.    5. the la kings made the finals in 93. if you can't understand how this is relevant, it is simply because you don't have our hockey knowledge. to acquire such hockey knowledge, you had to watch a few games at the old garden in the 80's. 
    Posted by goodnewsbears

LOL funny.  I haven't read all the replies, but I wonder how many idiots your sarcasm was lost on.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsGM24. Show BruinsGM24's posts

This is a hilarious thread.  I support the decisions PC has made.  We are supposed to be critical, yes, but if you are that against everything the organization does, why continue to follow/support that organization??  There are 29 other teams out there... I'm sure you can find 1 that "does things the way you expect them to."  I'm being sarcastic, because the point is, a fan is always going to be critical (in both good and bad ways) of moves his team makes.  But, when you take it to the point that you claim to hate pretty much everything, now you're just playing a strange psychological game where I think you love to hate this team.

badHabitude, you're right on the money.  Owning an NHL team is a business.  JJ wants return, and while a Stanely Cup would be awesome (more playoff revenue), as long as the team is competitive (i.e. making it out of the first round of the playoffs) year in and year out, that's good news for him.  IMO, he's made a number of good moves to put this franchise in good position. He lets the team spend to the cap.  I can't say I'm a fan of the ticket price increases, but obviously the supply and demand has been worked out and that number was something that worked.  The Bruins wouldn't raise prices if they didn't think people would pay the price.  In a business situation, why wouldn't you want to set your prices based on demand?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

DOGWACKER seems to be wacking his head

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

12.) Gave away one of his best forwards, Marco Sturm, for nothing.

I love how one of the Bruins "best forwards" just got cut and could be had for nothing. An option on something /> nothing.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Krispy73. Show Krispy73's posts

Fletcher1 in case anyone on here doesn't know works for the Bruins Fan Relations department so take his feeble defenses for anything Black and Gold with a grain or two of salt
    Posted by 40YrsNoCup

Actually, people who collect a paycheck from the Bruins Organization aren't allowed to participate on sites like this or mention they work for the Bruins. Has he told you this directly or are you making assumptions? 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

PC had done nothing but improve the team since he has been here. Sure he had made some minor mistakes but has made some big improvements.  The same people on here that are crizicizing PC for not trading for for a over priced high scoring forward like Kovalchuk or for letting Kessel go.  When it comes down to it PC has built a team that will be competitive for years to come and when you make the playoffs anything can happen.  I would much rather have this than put all of our eggs in one basket and when that doesnt work spend the next 5 years rebuilding. As far as the Kaberle trade goes, sure 5 years down the road TO may have won the trade, but if we resign hime he will be an integral part of the team that will compete for the cup for at least the next few years to come. Oh, and since I havnt mentioned it yet, thank god we never picked up Kovalev.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Maybe we can all agree that if this team wins a Cup, we don't want to see Jacobs anywhere near the thing.

Agreed?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

haha, I can agree with that. Eventhough he doesnt have much to do with the team in the cap era considering we are spending to the limit.  But for what he did before the cap era, I agree.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Disagree.  I'd be happy enough to see him crushed under it.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

DOGWACKER seems to be wacking his head
    Posted by bogie6

pretty sure he's wackin' somethin'.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In Response to Re: Top 5 Reasons Chiarelli Should Be Fired : Actually, people who collect a paycheck from the Bruins Organization aren't allowed to participate on sites like this or mention they work for the Bruins. Has he told you this directly or are you making assumptions? 
    Posted by Krispy73

Yeah I have trolls ignored so I missed this.  Fascinating that the Bruins would hire someone who lives in Denver to be on the payroll, but hey, I'll take it.  When do the checks start coming?

Sections
Shortcuts