Top draft-eligible talent - Prospects Game Tonight NHLN (US)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Top draft-eligible talent - Prospects Game Tonight NHLN (US)

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=649715&navid=nhl:topheads

Forgot this was on tonight. I'm taking team Orr lol

http://www.mynhldraft.com/NHL-Mock-Draft/

Lets see who stands out tonight...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Re: Top draft-eligible talent - Prospects Game Tonight NHLN (US)

Well, who stood out for you my California friend ?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Haven't been able to take my eyes of Jonathan Drouin since the WJC, hands and so freakin quick. I also think becuase of their last names Subban and Domi, I seemed to pay attention to them more. Darnell Nurse and Seth Jones are raw n need some work. Different styles and were they will play in the lineup but lots of potential.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

I only watched bits and pieces but Domi was moving the puck well. MacKinnon and Drouin looked as good as I'd expected. I really didn't notice Jones but it truly could've been a case of me just missing his shifts.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Haven't been able to take my eyes of Jonathan Drouin since the WJC, hands and so freakin quick. I also think becuase of their last names Subban and Domi, I seemed to pay attention to them more. Darnell Nurse and Seth Jones are raw n need some work. Different styles and were they will play in the lineup but lots of potential.

Nurse was very feisty last night. Haven't seen that all in his game this year. I liked his play a lot.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

I only watched bits and pieces but Domi was moving the puck well. MacKinnon and Drouin looked as good as I'd expected. I really didn't notice Jones but it truly could've been a case of me just missing his shifts.

Jones was a beast in the first half of the game last night on both ends.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Druin has become that player "What's he gonna do on this shift" type. Dauphin, a late replacement, caught my eye a bit as well. Canadians will probably move up to get him lol

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

It was actually already 3-0 when I tuned in so I obviously missed lots of good stuff. I'll look for a replay on the sattelite because I'd really like to see more of Jones.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Druin has become that player "What's he gonna do on this shift" type. Dauphin, a late replacement, caught my eye a bit as well. Canadians will probably move up to get him lol

San, I went to see MacKinnon play against the Sea Dogs early in the season and I came away equally impressed with Drouin. The one thing I noticed that game though was that Drouin played more of a perimeter game, circling zones whereas MacKinnon was willing to go to more of the dirty areas. He really did remind me of Crosby in the way that he was so hungry for the puck. Amazing what a difference 1 offseason made for Drouin though. The way he elevated his play in his draft year reminds me of the way Huberdeau developed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

It was actually already 3-0 when I tuned in so I obviously missed lots of good stuff. I'll look for a replay on the sattelite because I'd really like to see more of Jones.

Yes , watch Jones . He was flying in the 1st half of the game.

Just some of the others to watch. They are from the OHL and I had a special interest in watching them.

Ryan Hartman - was hitting everything until he fought. ( spoiler alert )

Zadorov - big London defenceman who was more physical then normal.

Horvat - this kid is just getting better and better.

Nurse - see prior post.

Domi and Subban also.

And of course the chemistry between Drouin and MacKinnon ( sp?) from the Q which you've already seen.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Just some of the others to watch. They are from the OHL and I had a special interest in watching them.

Nurse - see prior post.

Domi and Subban also.

And of course the chemistry between Drouin and MacKinnon ( sp?) from the Q which you've already seen.

[/QUOTE]

I actually did notice Hartman make a nice hit behind the net on the forecheck. Then the announcers mentioned he already fought earlier so you didn't spoil a thing. Thanks for the input. Cheers!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"Zadorov - big London defenceman who was more physical then normal"

Oh how important it is to stand out in games like this, you're on a stage. Ask every NFL player picked by Jimmy Johnson outside the 2nd round if they felt their performances at the Blue-Gray game, Senior Bowl or any other all-star bowl helped them.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

"Zadorov - big London defenceman who was more physical then normal"

Oh how important it is to stand out in games like this, you're on a stage. Ask every NFL player picked by Jimmy Johnson outside the 2nd round if they felt their performances at the Blue-Gray game, Senior Bowl or any other all-star bowl helped them.

Yes, it seemed that some players that I'm used to watching showed something a bit extra.

P.S. It's okay to hit the "reply to this post". I'm assuming we're still buddies. Right ? Hee hee.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:Yes, it seemed that some players that I'm used to watching showed something a bit extra. P.S. It's okay to hit the "reply to this post". I'm assuming we're still buddies. Right ? Hee hee. [/QUOTE]

Somtimes I don't feel like reading through the previous posts or deleting what I don't want to read again. Can't wait for BDC to finish their "improvements" eh hem.

Well at least today we are getting along, give it a few days lol. It's all good on BDC Chowds, just need to stop the drama we are all guilty of.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:Yes, it seemed that some players that I'm used to watching showed something a bit extra. P.S. It's okay to hit the "reply to this post". I'm assuming we're still buddies. Right ? Hee hee.

Somtimes I don't feel like reading through the previous posts or deleting what I don't want to read again. Can't wait for BDC to finish their "improvements" eh hem.

Well at least today we are getting along, give it a few days lol. It's all good on BDC Chowds, just need to stop the drama we are all guilty of.

[/QUOTE]

Agreed . Yes we get carried away. Teasing is okay but sometimes things get out of hand.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsGENIUS. Show bruinsGENIUS's posts

Draft from the KELOWNA ROCKETS of the WHL.

They produce amazing D-MEN and have a good core of forwards availale right now.

The team knows how to win and what it takes to be a pro.

Undefeated 18 games in a row at home.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Nurse - see prior post.

Domi and Subban also.

[/QUOTE]

Wow, I was about to respond to this and then saw that you've written most of what I was going to say.  I only watched about half the game, but MacKinnon and Drouin clearly stood out.  I thought Jones looked good -- jumped in the rush a few times and made a pass or two that easily could have been assists, but the finish wasn't there.

The two less obvious names that stood out to me -- Horvat and Hartman.  I seemed to notice them on every shift.

Off topic a little.  I know that Knight has juvenial diabetes -- is it Max Domi that also has it?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Hartman hit everything in sight, great hit in the opening shift on Ernie. Wow, does Jordan look and skate just like P.K...Not as good, and like San I kept an eye on him just because of the name, but I'd like to see where his game is 3 months from now.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Hartman hit everything in sight, great hit in the opening shift on Ernie. Wow, does Jordan look and skate just like P.K...Not as good, and like San I kept an eye on him just because of the name, but I'd like to see where his game is 3 months from now.

Me too will be interesting but I think he is too short for BadHab lol

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

Nurse - see prior post.

Domi and Subban also.

Wow, I was about to respond to this and then saw that you've written most of what I was going to say.  I only watched about half the game, but MacKinnon and Drouin clearly stood out.  I thought Jones looked good -- jumped in the rush a few times and made a pass or two that easily could have been assists, but the finish wasn't there.

The two less obvious names that stood out to me -- Horvat and Hartman.  I seemed to notice them on every shift.

Off topic a little.  I know that Knight has juvenial diabetes -- is it Max Domi that also has it?

[/QUOTE]

Domi has diabetes also. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

When I went to see Belleville live he was the smallest player on the ice. He was also one of the fastest.

Sections
Shortcuts