Top ten mosted hated players

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Top ten mosted hated players

LOL... I can't edit the "subjected mosted " box !!!

At least Marchand is not no1 .  I see a couple of Habs and one of them is no1. In montreal they're trying to make it a racial thing because God forbid one of their's gets a bad wrap. Subban must talk a lot on the ice that rubs everyone the wrong way.  Just like a Marchand and/or Ott. 

also 2 Sabres and 2 Canucks on this list.  why do teams hate us so much ???

is Tootoo that bad ?  I know he hits but how's his jabbering ?  I would never have thought.

http://nhl.si.com/2013/02/07/the-list-nhls-most-hated-players/#

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Re: Top ten mosted hated players

Love that clip of Ribiero....classic. Was that not the same year Kovalev feigned injury in the playoffs against the B's while we scored the winning goal?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

This list doesn't surprise me at all, except putting Marchand above the likes of LaPuke & Torres  is ridiculous! Even with PK being #1 is kind of off imo. I would've put him somewhere in the middle along with Marchand. Burrows is another one that I thought would be listed higher. And who would've thought that they'd have a list like this & Cooke isn't on it. He really has changed his game around. I think whoever the NHL made him go see for counselling --should make it a mandatory thing.  Can you believe that Cooke only has 8 minutes in penalties??!! EIGHT?? If there's a definition of a 360...(sorry Davey I mean 180) that's a good example.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

Love that clip of Ribiero....classic. Was that not the same year Kovalev feigned injury in the playoffs against the B's while we scored the winning goal?

Yes it was...It happened in the 04' play-offs, because Kovalev, nor Riberio were on the Habs in 02' which is the other series the B's lost to a very medicore Habs team. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

This list doesn't surprise me at all, except putting Marchand above the likes of LaPuke & Torres  is ridiculous! Even with PK being #1 is kind of off imo. I would've put him somewhere in the middle along with Marchand. Burrows is another one that I thought would be listed higher. And who would've thought that they'd have a list like this & Cooke isn't on it. He really has changed his game around. I think whoever the NHL made him go see for counselling --should make it a mandatory thing.  Can you believe that Cooke only has 8 minutes in penalties??!! EIGHT?? If there's a definition of a 360 that's a good example.

Wouldnt that be a 180?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Davey, how dare you bring logic into this conversation!

haha, joking of course. Good point. +1

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to DaveyN's comment:

This list doesn't surprise me at all, except putting Marchand above the likes of LaPuke & Torres  is ridiculous! Even with PK being #1 is kind of off imo. I would've put him somewhere in the middle along with Marchand. Burrows is another one that I thought would be listed higher. And who would've thought that they'd have a list like this & Cooke isn't on it. He really has changed his game around. I think whoever the NHL made him go see for counselling --should make it a mandatory thing.  Can you believe that Cooke only has 8 minutes in penalties??!! EIGHT?? If there's a definition of a 360 that's a good example.

Wouldnt that be a 180?

Thank You as Don Cherry would say "Literiary Giant!"

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to ipotnyc's comment:

Skating clowns, like Kaleta, are what they are.  And everyone knows what their role is when they hit the ice.

It's the whiners (Ribeiro - and why isn't Crosby on that list) and cheap shot artists like Torres who tick me off the most.

You know, guys like Marchy and (gulp) Lapierre and Subban, who at least have talent as players to go with their game.  The latter 2 I hate, but I respect to a degree.

You have respect for Lapuke!?? Wow...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

How was this list compiled? Torres above Marchand? Seriously? No Matt Cooke? This list must have been compiled by the author. I hate PK but I hate Torres and Cooke 100% more. Just because someone has been good lately, doesn't mean the hate for him is gone.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Stan Makita went from being one of the most penalized players in the NHL to winning the Lady Byng after deciding to change the way he played the game. 

A very smart and slick playmaker.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

No Cooke ? the list is a fugazy

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Cooke went from 129 PIM and 21 games missed to suspension in 2010-2011 to 44 PIM last year and no suspensions, and he's on pace for 30 PIM this season. As much as I hate him for his past, I can understand why he's not on the list anymore.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

Stan Makita went from being one of the most penalized players in the NHL to winning the Lady Byng after deciding to change the way he played the game. 

It's funny Chowda, you have to dig deep to find out how dirty Stan Maikita was. It's mentioned more about his Lady Byng type of play than the dirt. So, a leppard can change his spots.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

It's funny Chowda, you have to dig deep to find out how dirty Stan Maikita was. It's mentioned more about his Lady Byng type of play than the dirt. So, a leppard can change his spots.

His staying on the ice was a better option for us who watched him back then. 

One of my favourite players of all-time to watch. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

And regarding the list ?

LaPierre has my vote as being #1. Forget his dirty play. His smile alone makes me hate him. He has taken a page from Matthew Barnaby's book on how to pizz off an opponent by just showing his pearly whites.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I can certainly understand why Marchand is where he is.  He's pretty obnoxious.  Last night against Buffalo I could have done without him shushing the Buffalo bench as soon as he scores in a 1-0 game.  No surprise he gets a flukey penalty call shortly thereafter.  I wish he'd let his play just do the talking sometimes, but I guess you want him being on edge.

What's worse is that he's good.  It's one thing to be a punk who never scores, but Marchand drives people nuts with both his behavior and his play.  

Surprised Dustin Brown doesn't get more hate.  He's nasty, he dives, he doesn't back it up much, and he's really, really good. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

And regarding the list ?

LaPierre has my vote as being #1. Forget his dirty play. His smile alone makes me hate him. He has taken a page from Matthew Barnaby's book on how to pizz off an opponent by just showing his pearly whites.

I hated Barnaby when he did that too, but he's got my respect for throwing down with Chara 3x in his career. That shows he doesn't pick his spots! Lapuke would NEVER drop with Chara I'd bet money on that. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Matt Cooke not on the list? Scott Hartnell isn't there?  Jordan Tootoo is?  P.K Subban is number 1? I think if you polled the players you would have a different answer. Why does Sports Illustrated even bother with hockey?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

His staying on the ice was a better option for us who watched him back then. 

One of my favourite players of all-time to watch. 

I always liked his comment about needing a pretty long stick to score from the penalty box.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Matt Cooke not on the list? Scott Hartnell isn't there?  Jordan Tootoo is?  P.K Subban is number 1? I think if you polled the players you would have a different answer. Why does Sports Illustrated even bother with hockey?

You read my mind, kel.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Matt Cooke not on the list? Scott Hartnell isn't there?  Jordan Tootoo is?  P.K Subban is number 1? I think if you polled the players you would have a different answer. Why does Sports Illustrated even bother with hockey?

I totally agree with these two.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

If he were playing right now I'd expect to see Chris Pronger on that list somewhere. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

I can certainly understand why Marchand is where he is.  He's pretty obnoxious.  Last night against Buffalo I could have done without him shushing the Buffalo bench as soon as he scores in a 1-0 game.  No surprise he gets a flukey penalty call shortly thereafter.  I wish he'd let his play just do the talking sometimes, but I guess you want him being on edge.

What's worse is that he's good.  It's one thing to be a punk who never scores, but Marchand drives people nuts with both his behavior and his play.  

Surprised Dustin Brown doesn't get more hate.  He's nasty, he dives, he doesn't back it up much, and he's really, really good. 

Fletch, let's not forget the fact that Marchand scored not long after drawing Ott into a penalty. He showed a lot of discipline there and it seems the refs are starting to take notice of his changed behavior. Those were Brad's first 2 PIM's of the season and it was pretty hilarious seeing the look of dismay on Ott's face when the ref basically told him he wasn't giving Marchand a penalty because, "he wasn't doing anything". I also could've done without the shushing but have to admit that at home I was laughing saying, "you little basterd". I think he can be the next Pat Verbeek. Some players need to be hated to be effective. Right now he's playing clean and he's playing great but he's still a dick. 2 out 3 isn't bad though.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

Fletch, let's not forget the fact that Marchand scored not long after drawing Ott into a penalty. He showed a lot of discipline there and it seems the refs are starting to take notice of his changed behavior. Those were Brad's first 2 PIM's of the season and it was pretty hilarious seeing the look of dismay on Ott's face when the ref basically told him he wasn't giving Marchand a penalty because, "he wasn't doing anything". I also could've done without the shushing but have to admit that at home I was laughing saying, "you little basterd". I think he can be the next Pat Verbeek. Some players need to be hated to be effective. Right now he's playing clean and he's playing great but he's still a dick. 2 out 3 isn't bad though.

as long as he's clean, shushing I wish I saw it.   It has a lot to do with the timeout Ruff caled in Boston.