Tor. Media Speculation: Seguin, Rask + for Nash

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Tor. Media Speculation: Seguin, Rask + for Nash

I hope it's nothing in the water. I don't want to get this same insanity. Bottled water for me please!

"They" believe Seguin will be let go and so will Rask. "Their" rational is that Bruins will sign Jonathan Quick as a free agent next year.

If Peter has been ingesting the same water, the only thing I can say is that my days as a Bruin supporter are numbered.

My Bruins include both Seguin and Rask.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

Re: Tor. Media Speculation: Seguin, Rask + for Nash

Absolutely no way this happens. I first heard that they were talking of a Nash/ Rask swap and I didn't even like that deal. Tuuks is waiting in the wings to become the starter for YEARS to come and now you wanna throw in a kid who just turned 20 and has already sprung his way into the elite young talents group of the entire league? Give me a break. PC would be foolish to even consider a deal like this.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Even ecklund rumors aren't that ridiculous

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chappy28. Show Chappy28's posts

Toronto just wishes that would happen so they don't have to deal with Seguin lighting them up for the next 20 years knowing he could have been on their team

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHARAWINSTHENORRIS. Show CHARAWINSTHENORRIS's posts

Hamill and a 4th for Malkin has a better chance of coming true.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

i was thinking savard, horton, peverly for daytsuk.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from joemizz11. Show joemizz11's posts

You always hear of crazy rumors like this,  I wouldn't lose any sleep over it, and if it were true you can Bet the Blue Jackets would have already pulled the trigger.

Although I do believe you would have to give up Rask and Hamilton plus another player

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

As stupid as it is, do we have a link?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

This one is simply amazing.  Seguin's already better than Nash, and he's one of the most popular Bruins.  Tyler is untradable, anyone suggesting otherwise doesn't know what they are talking about.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Pure media speculation to fill their pages for their publisher. Stupidity is not limited to Tuuka and KPD

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

I would love to see Nash in a B's uni but not for what it would cost, also 6 more yrs @ almost 8 mill a yr. Eight seasons so far and 1- 40 goal season.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Wow, this projection makes KPD's opinions look like gold. Don't take this seriously, the Bruins aren't getting Nash.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

I understand why they think this, it makes sense to outside teams more than it does to us. (young player, high offensive upside, can play a crucial position that we already have depth at, allows us to keep Dougie Hamilton).. PC would be hung for this trade though, I think it's more speculation from people who haven't watched the Bruins play as much as they have, and therefore don't realize how important Seguin & Rask are to this team future. I would understand it more if it were one or the other, but both is insane imo.

Its not like the Bruins would be that much better offensively with Nash than they would with Seguin. then you throw rask in there?? not gonna happen

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

Of course Toronto is speculating that because they made the ridiculously idiotic decision to trade those two guys away basically...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Manny is right, they are just looking to justify the 2 swindles.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBRUINSin2012. Show StanleyCuptotheBRUINSin2012's posts

In Response to Tor. Media Speculation: Seguin, Rask + for Nash:
    I hope it's nothing in the water. I don't want to get this same insanity. Bottled water for me please! "They" believe Seguin will be let go and so will Rask. "Their" rational is that Bruins will sign Jonathan Quick as a free agent next year. If Peter has been ingesting the same water, the only thing I can say is that my days as a Bruin supporter are numbered. My Bruins include both Seguin and Rask.
    Posted by Wheatskins

I wouldnt mind giving Rask a prospect (Caron) and 2 draft picks ...for Nash ..but Seguin ,,,NO WAY .....I would love to have Nash for the playoffs ...Rask has a very good value on the market ...and we still have Kudhobin that I would love to see and given a real chance ...Rask + Campbell +Caron + Our 1st draft pick this year and our 1st draft pick in 2013.....I say YESSSS

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from moogfan35. Show moogfan35's posts

PC would be dragged out of town if this was to happen, 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swerengen. Show Swerengen's posts

If I knew for sure they were looking to grab Quick as a FA next year, than trading Rask suddenly would become acceptable 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

In Response to Re: Tor. Media Speculation: Seguin, Rask + for Nash:
    This one is simply amazing.  Seguin's already better than Nash, and he's one of the most popular Bruins.  Tyler is untradable, anyone suggesting otherwise doesn't know what they are talking about.
    Posted by OatesCam

Take a mulligan, cause you just shanked one O.B.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

seguin? did u watch the shootout? TYler needs to teach looch some of that quick release action.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Sorry JW, I might just play that where it lies even if it's in the rough.  Seguin has more points in much less ice time playing with better players.  Not a simple equation to decide who's better.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PAULICAS1975. Show PAULICAS1975's posts

If this deal would happen. It would set the Bruins many years backwards. I myself rether go after some one else then Nash, if its going to take 2 or 3 roster players. It does not make sense for the B's to trade almost a line for 1 player. Why would you trade Rask? When Thomas reiters who would be our goalie??

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Okay, so let's look at this logically.

Nash has an NTC.  He has apparently said he'd go to Boston, the Rangers, the Kings, the Sharks, and the Laffs.  Two of those are for hockey reasons and the rest are life reasons, including the chance to play with Joe.  Those two have wacky good chemistry, and I think that's the option that would lead to big numbers from Nash.  But I digress.

There are only 5 teams.  The game is: can you beat the best offer of the other four by the smallest possible margin.  That is, it might not take Krejci and Rask and the next seven 1st round picks.  It only needs to be the best by a narrow but appealing margin.  Oh, and it's a blind auction.  So you have to guess at the other players' best offers.

Rangers - Dubinsky or Callaghan plus Kreider and McIlraith?  Columbus needs goalies and D, and this offers neither until McIlraith is ready in what - three years?  Maybe it's more like Del Zotto, Stepan and a pick?

Kings - Bernier, Johnson, and the most enticing first of the group.  Tough to top that.

Leafs - People talk about Kadri and Colborne, but those people are Leaf fans who think those players are as enticing to others as they are to the perennial prospect poor Leafs.  Pass now.

Sharks - Betcha Doug Wilson wishes he'd held off on trading Heatley and Setoguchi now.  If you have any notion that Seguin would be in play from Boston, then SJ's offer needs to include Couture and probably Greiss and Nick Petrecki.  And you have to think on some level, Nash wants a spot on Joe's wing.

So - what's the Bruin offer that beats these? Rask, Seguin and a first beats any of these by a huge margin. Rask is better than Bernier, Seguin much better than Johnson.  I think the problem is that the Bruins don't have an intermediate option. To give Columbus pause, they need to include Rask. They are dying for a goalie, and if they could get a franchise goalie and keep Rask, they might be a much better team. They made the playoffs when Steve Mason played like an NHL goalie and they aren't much worse now. So it has to be Rask.   Second player woud be a D in the abstract, but the best fit from the Bruins would be McQuaid, and as much as you gotta love his toughness, he isn't that enticing. Add him and Caron and a First? Hmmm. Maybe. Rask, McQuaid, Caron and a first....

That seems about what it would take to be in this to win it without forgetting that what you're really trying to win is about 3 feet tall, shiny and silver.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In Response to Re: Tor. Media Speculation: Seguin, Rask + for Nash:
    Okay, so let's look at this logically. Nash has an NTC.  He has apparently said he'd go to Boston, the Rangers, the Kings, the Sharks, and the Laffs.  Two of those are for hockey reasons and the rest are life reasons, including the chance to play with Joe.  Those two have wacky good chemistry, and I think that's the option that would lead to big numbers from Nash.  But I digress. There are only 5 teams.  The game is: can you beat the best offer of the other four by the smallest possible margin.  That is, it might not take Krejci and Rask and the next seven 1st round picks.  It only needs to be the best by a narrow but appealing margin.  Oh, and it's a blind auction.  So you have to guess at the other players' best offers. Rangers - Dubinsky or Callaghan plus Kreider and McIlraith?  Columbus needs goalies and D, and this offers neither until McIlraith is ready in what - three years?  Maybe it's more like Del Zotto, Stepan and a pick? Kings - Bernier, Johnson, and the most enticing first of the group.  Tough to top that. Leafs - People talk about Kadri and Colborne, but those people are Leaf fans who think those players are as enticing to others as they are to the perennial prospect poor Leafs.  Pass now. Sharks - Betcha Doug Wilson wishes he'd held off on trading Heatley and Setoguchi now.  If you have any notion that Seguin would be in play from Boston, then SJ's offer needs to include Couture and probably Greiss and Nick Petrecki.  And you have to think on some level, Nash wants a spot on Joe's wing. So - what's the Bruin offer that beats these? Rask, Seguin and a first beats any of these by a huge margin. Rask is better than Bernier, Seguin much better than Johnson.  I think the problem is that the Bruins don't have an intermediate option. To give Columbus pause, they need to include Rask. They are dying for a goalie, and if they could get a franchise goalie and keep Rask, they might be a much better team. They made the playoffs when Steve Mason played like an NHL goalie and they aren't much worse now. So it has to be Rask.   Second player woud be a D in the abstract, but the best fit from the Bruins would be McQuaid, and as much as you gotta love his toughness, he isn't that enticing. Add him and Caron and a First? Hmmm. Maybe. Rask, McQuaid, Caron and a first.... That seems about what it would take to be in this to win it without forgetting that what you're really trying to win is about 3 feet tall, shiny and silver.
    Posted by Bookboy007

All good points, L.A makes sense, I just don't see the Rangers disrupting what they have..

Sections
Shortcuts