Tor. Media Speculation: Seguin, Rask + for Nash

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PAULICAS1975. Show PAULICAS1975's posts

Re: Tor. Media Speculation: Seguin, Rask + for Nash

Again if the B's trade Rask. Thomas has 1 year leaft or so here. Who will be our future goalie??

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Tor. Media Speculation: Seguin, Rask + for Nash:

PC would be dragged out of town if this was to happen, Posted by moogfan35

^Yep!

"Kings - Bernier, Johnson, and the most enticing first of the group. Tough to top that."

I just don't see how this could be topped as far as offers. How do you tell your defense to chase Nash, Kopitar, Richards, Gagne, Brown, Williams and Stoll around for a 7 game series ? LA would catapult to one of favorite coming out of the west with Jimmy Howard ailing a bit.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Tor. Media Speculation: Seguin, Rask + for Nash : Rask and Hamilton is a better offer than Bernier and Johnson. Posted by mattc355

I just don't know if I could risk trading  Rask when there is a possibility that Thomas still wants starter salary and his age. Then you could also throw in Chara's age when you're thinking about Hamilton.

In no way am I thinking Chara and Thomas are done in 2 years but when you look at what you have in Providence then the summer of 2013 free agents Marchand, Lucic, Seguin and Horton yikes you have to be careful with what salary you take on Matt.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

MacKensie basically said Nash to LA is the best deal.  I agree, Book, Thornton and Nash are twin bedmates for a Cup for the Sharks.  Only Rask, Caron, and a pick for Nash if I was Bs management, that might if only LA decides to back off. No way give up on Hamilton and Rask in the same deal,  These things are nice to talk about but..........ain't going to happen.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sudburynorth. Show Sudburynorth's posts

Our G.M is not going to make this deal. I was listening to Sport talk radio in Toronto today and they had a former NHL G.M on (Craig Button) he was asked the question by the radio host what would you ask for in return for Rick Nash. So  he play roled that he was the Bluejackets G.M and he used  the L.A Kings and then the Boston Bruins as possible teams  he would deal with. He said if he was the bluejackets G.M he would ask  for a boat load from Boston  He said that he would want a quality goaltender Tukka Rask ,  A all-star forward Tyler Seguin and probably a prospect Dougie Hamilton.  No G.M in there own mind would go for that. He also made astounding  proposal what he would want from the L.A Kings.
       Let's just say if this is the mentality of G.M's around the League,  Nobody is going to trade for Rick Nash.  It's too much.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from teibore1. Show teibore1's posts

Toronto just wishes that would happen so they don't have to deal with Seguin lighting them up for the next 20 years knowing he could have been on their team
    Posted by Chappy28

Of course you're assuming Toronto would have been smart enough to pick him!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Rask just got finished watching the team play 2 tough games in 24 hours from the end of the bench.

I am 100% on board with a Rask as a centerpiece deal for Nash.

Absolutely no regarding including Seguin however. He's not as good as Nash yet, but his upside is off the charts and he's still cost controlled. 

Rask plus another NHL piece plus a prospect/pick I think does it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Sorry JW, I might just play that where it lies even if it's in the rough.  Seguin has more points in much less ice time playing with better players.  Not a simple equation to decide who's better.
    Posted by Bookboy007

BB...with all due respect

Until Tyler Seguin stops purposely taking the wrong route to the puck in order to avoid contact - I can't consider him seriously. If anyone is really watching, he has developed quite an array of variations to that part of his game. His talent is undeniable, the jury is still out on weather or not he'll live up to it IMO. His unwillingness to take control of the puck in dirty areas, must be addressed if he's ever going to realize his potential. 

I get the hype surrounding Seguin. He has all the skill you could want. That alone doesn't get it done. I'm hoping that he will eventually mature physically and emotionally. He might be better than Nash with lots of space, but, in front of the net, in the corners, along the boards or if he's being pressured - not even close. 

BTW..Nash put up 41 goals in his second year. That led the NHL, He was only 19 which made him the youngest player ever to do that. I think it would be fair to say that he wasn't exactly playing for a defending Stanley Cup winning caliber team.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Craig Button seemed like a smart hockey guy until he became a GM.  Then something snapped and there's a good reason why he's out of hockey. 

This shouldn't be that hard to rein in.  The Kovalchuk deal (1st overall in 2001) isn't so far in the past that people should completely ignore it as a benchmark for Nash (1st overal lin 2002).  Waddell got a serviceable defenseman, one year of a high risk but no sure thing forward who has since departed to the KHL, a Caron level prospect (less, maybe, if you look at NHL games played) and a mid-level 1st.  That is far, far less than even Rask and Hamilton as a deal.  Basically, Button's deal is moronic because it assumes Howson isn't motivated to sell.  If he makes that kind of opening bid, everyone hangs up.  Everyone.  No one is that stupid and no one is looking to help him out.  He's willing to move Nash to diversify his talent - and he might be stuck in a very poor situation if he can't make a deal because he's trying to fleece someone.

So in sum...Craig Button = moron.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from teibore1. Show teibore1's posts

First off, Tim Thomas is my favorite Bruin so I need to put that out there.  But my question is why has Thomas started 8 of the last 11 including back to back games with one on the road?  I know Tukka complained about starting time but look at the other pieces.  Johnny B was signed for 3 years at over $3M per year.  Let me paraphrase PC - "It would be ideal to lock up all you guys before the deadline so you know what you have to work with."  So the entire 4th line is free at ~ $1M to $1.5M per year each depending on how it works out and none of those players were signed  Chris Kelly is a player who PC has spoken very highly about and he has yet to be signed.  Bring us to the most important free agent (who has complianed about his playing time) and no deal has been made.  So is Tukka hurt and they're hiding it like Timmy's hip two years ago?  Is PC holding him out so he can't get hurt or slump further and diminish his value?  Has Tukka told PC he has no intentions of singing with the B's and playing #2 to Thomas next year and potentially beyond?  Is PC willing to roll the dice on  Anton Khudobin?  The expectation from Jack & Brink was for more of a split in the net to keep Thomas fresh for the playoffs, ride the hot hand time to time.  They're 6-7-1 in the last 14.  Tukka was pulled in one game and Thomas has given up 3 in consecutive games.  I think Tukka on the bench has more to do with the trade deadline and his contract status than anything else.  If not why would they dish out $3M to a defender when their goalie of the future is about to go free?  It tells me that Tukka's not going to be here next year.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

Not sure who to trade to CBJ's for Nash, but Im fine with Rask leaving. I know alot you on here love Rask, but Thomas probably still has 2-3 good seasons left in him, which gives the B's plenty of time to sign a backup who could be a starter after TT leaves. Dont get me wrong, I like Rask and he'll be a great goalie, but I dont think he will ever match TT. Yes he is having a great season this year, but Im still not sold on him. If TT retired, then I would have to be fine with Rask taking over, but that still doesnt mean he'll get the job done. I dont know..... I think its gonna be tough for the B's to give Rask, TT type money when they still have TT playing and at a top level. I would ride TT as long as they can.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

It's not a shock this kind of talk emerges out of Toronto as it seems to happen often with the Leafs first and hockey in general a close second in the public consciousness.  THE FAN 590, AM 640, TSN, RogerSportsNet, The Score seem to put out stuff 24/7. 

TSN and RogerSportsNet were flogging their trade deadline wall to wall coverage at least two weeks ago.  Last week Kypreos was on RSO's Hockey Central and THE FAN saying his "sources" said it'll take two prime roster players, a top prospect already in a club's system and a first rounder to land Nash.  We'll find out soon enough.

Sections
Shortcuts