Torey Krug reminds me of Greg Hawgood

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Re: Torey Krug reminds me of Greg Hawgood

In response to BassFishingII's comment:
    [QUOTE 

I am not changing my stance at all. I was specifically talking about Krug's offensive skill set and the quality of his shots.  Thanks very much for posting Chara being 3rd and Seidenberg 8th, Beatrice.  You're like a little girl and you might have a reading comprehension problem, to boot.

I said Chara is on the ice a lot, so it's not surprising he ranks high, but Seidenberg 8th with his ice time and time on PPs for us these last few years is not good. So, you basically gave me data that supports my premise, yet you're too daft to see that.   Not surprising with you.

I had stated it appears like our PP or our lefthanded shooting D Men (Hamilton is right handed and has been riding the bench, prior to injuries), don't seem to get a lot of shots on the net.

ANd, yes, I am talking QUALITY.  Since our PP has lacked in recent years, over a long period of time, I am wondering if Krug can help in this area. He's shown an impressive knack in doing this so far.  I like how he isn't afraid to shoot it as well. 

Jagr should take note, but that's another topic. lol

Leave it to you to follow me around, troll, and be combative. I can't wait for one of your clique buddies to come racing in to side with you on your crappy behavior, too. lmao

My god, are you a tool or what?

[/QUOTE]

I like how isn't afraid to shoot as well, I also like how in his first two playoff games he isnt afraid to come into the zone and join the play. Normally I would think a young player getting his first playoff experience would be so cautious as to just not make any mistakes, especially with Julien....Add that to those plays he did with his feet and this is a kid that beleives in himself. Thats something Bruin fans should be excited about.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

I like how isn't afraid to shoot as well, I also like how in his first two playoff games he isnt afraid to come into the zone and join the play. Normally I would think a young player getting his first playoff experience would be so cautious as to just not make any mistakes, especially with Julien....Add that to those plays he did with his feet and this is a kid that beleives in himself. Thats something Bruin fans should be excited about.

Kel, both of the plays with his feet were incredible.  We've barely seen him in the NHL, but he's the most exciting player (in my opinion) since Seguin.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Id buy a jersey right now if I could.

Can I?  Has anybody seen one?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Are you kidding Drewski, Jacobs not capitalizing on revenue LoL

No Krug does not remind me of Hawgwood as Torey is much more composed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Are you kidding Drewski, Jacobs not capitalizing on revenue LoL

No Krug does not remind me of Hawgwood as Torey is much more composed.

Touche.  Krug jerseys, on sale now, $500 per

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I might get a Providence Krug 3rd jersey after the price drops cause Torey isn't going back.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

I might get a Providence Krug 3rd jersey after the price drops cause Torey isn't going back.

I hope not.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

A Krug Michigant St jersey?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Krug skates like Hawgood. Is built low to the ground like Hawgood. Handles the puck like Hawgood. He even reminds me of Hawgood when he shoots the puck.

Most definetly reminds me of Hawgood. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Isn't Krug even a little smaller than Hawgood?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to red75's comment:

Isn't Krug even a little smaller than Hawgood?

Yes, Hawgood was listed at 5-10 200

Krug, 5-9 180

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In response to BassFishingII's comment:

Ok, good. This is a good start for you. You said more than 4 words and didn't run away after a snide and attempted witty one liner.

Charar's shots never seem to really be effective regardless of quantity.  I thought I made that clear in my original retort, but I guess I didn't. Again it's not surprising that Chara ranks high since he logs the most minutes of any D man in this league. That part makes sense, but I really wasn't only talking about him. If you roll 2 PP units, you have 4 D Men, obviously. SO, there's 3 more guys who aren't getting pucks through well enough on the PP, IMO.

Even though Chara shoots a lot, I'd like to see him be a bit better with the quality. 

Hamilton had also been a healthy scratch a lot later in the year, with Redden getting some PP time.

Anyway, my point is, Krug isn't afraid to shoot which is refreshing (nor was Redden for that matter) and to shoot with a purpose.  He has a compact body, is a great skater, so that's probably why he can be effective in that area of his game.

He's scored just by shooting and he's shot for effect, like on Campbell's goal ther other night.

The better question is, what is so offensive about my analysis on that to where you would counter by saying "Seidenberg" is 8th and then saying "I love his place" after highlighting it?

Seidenberg absolutely sees time on our PP, traditionally, and has since he's been here.

My contention is that maybe the swift moving Krug can help our point play on PPs.  Maybe try discussing instead of doing your normally trollish routine.

Nope.  Not even close.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Chara was 15th in ATOI this season. He had more shots than all but one of the D with more TOI on him this season (Shea Weber had 124 shots, Chara had 119)

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In ATOI - Yes. You can get all the stats on tsn.ca/nhl

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

here's the link

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/statistics/?show=skaters&sortcol=5&sortdir=desc&prefilter=0-1

change the season from playoffs to regular season, then sort it by atoi, and you'll see, as a fact, he was 15th.

Sections
Shortcuts