Torey Krug Turnover

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Torey Krug Turnover

I'm sick of hearing about this, and worse yet, we now have local news station sportscasts, who dont know how to pronounce half the players on the team names breaking the play down frame by frame.

Let it go folks. Yes, the pass was intercepted. Chara,McQuaid,Boychuk et..have had numerous tunovers this post-season, and yes some of them even ended up in back of the net. The kid made a mistake, he's going to make more, but he has been invaluable to this team the last 4 weeks. 29 other teams would kill to have this kid on their roster.

This whole thing reminds of the questioning Thomas got after the Burrows OT goal in game two in 2011. Alot of people, who dont know what their talking about, voicing their uneducated opinions.

And suggesting putting Krug at forward, is idiotic.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Re: Torey Krug Turnover

I blame the lazy line change of Jagr and other forwards as much as I do Krug for that goal. Jagr double shifts and then half arsed it getting back to the bench, I hate it when he does it just as much as I do when Thornton does it.

It was a bad turnover and his attempt a blocking the pass was just as bad.

He had a bad game but we need a lefty, Hamilton is a righty and I haven't seen Bartkowski as being a vastly superior upgrade.

Blaming Krug for the loss is just as bad as blaming Daug, Ference and Seguin.

It happens, they lost one game, let's try and win the next one.

-----------------------------------------
    "Lighten up Francis"

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

I blame God for not making the players perfect. Mistakes are part of the game. The way they react to them is key. Shake it off. Win game 2. Go Bruins! 4 more wins!

"wow,check out all of the losers in here......"

-Gerry Dee

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Amen kelvana!  I've been thinking the exact same thing.  There were dozens of bad turnovers in that game and practically every defensemen had a couple.  Yes, Krug's was a bad one, and yes, it ended up in the net.  But all of this hand-wringing and calls for lineup changes are crazy.  I thought he played really well, again.  And he brings a pretty good new dynamic to the team with his skill set.  Players make mistakes.  Judge them on the balance of their play.  Krug has been good.  Keep him in there, until that changes.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

What was wrong with the blocking attempt? That was just a perfect pass.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

The players are putting this behind them...I agree that we as fans should do the same.

Somehow, CJ does a pretty good job coaching this team without the assistance of our armchair coaching recommendations. If he decides to make line-up changes then he has his reasons based on the team we are playing and the matchups.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Krug actually played pretty well after the mistake. He looked good on the power play and he picked up his play on the defensive end. There is no reason in the world to bench him, and only Bartkowski could be put in, and even then, I don't see it as a major plus over Krug. Hamilton is not an option in this series as he would be eaten alive by the Hawks. kelvan is right that this Krug pile-on is pathetic and needs to be ended.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

Blame this random access reactionary society. 

Robot children are the future.

What's up with this 3D printing stuff?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

Agree with all.

Good for Krug for playing hard and not going all shy after the goal.  I say leave him in.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

I blame FEMA.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

In response to TheGuyWithDaThing's comment:

What was wrong with the blocking attempt? That was just a perfect pass.

If you're going to play the passing lane the whole time and not try to play the puck, be sure that you block the pass. That's all I was saying. It was a very good pass but it was also a bad attempt at blocking the pass. IMO he should have laid out instead of just putting his stick down on the ice.

Just my opinion though, and its my opinion that Jagr caused it just as much as Krug by unncessarily double shifting in the third when Boston was short shifting it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

When the veteren D started getting healthy, Krug stayed in the lineup.  The assumption was that so long as he kept playing well - and he didn't cost the team defensively - it was his spot to lose.

Since one of his plays (in part) hurt the team, and the offensive production that got him kept in the lineup disappeared after beating the Rangers, I think it fair to wonder if he might be swapped out.

Given that Julien kept him in the rotation, to the point of playing more minutes in OT than regulation, I doubt he gets benched.

-- Proud user of Chambraigne; Now with Wiener Scent! --

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

They did not lose because of Krug, bottom line Chicago was the luckier team.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

In response to Drewski5's comment:

I blame FEMA.

I blame Obama.

Seriously, this is why I do not listen to the local pundits, ESPN, etc...
    their collective hockey knowledge could fit on the head of a pin. I don't need the likes of Chris Gasper, Mazz, or Woody Page "explaining" hockey to me and enlightening us that Seguin isn't contributing or that Krug should sit. They don't know a blue line from a chorus line.

I suppose its bound to come with the B's having the spotlight on them

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

They did not lose because of Krug, bottom line Chicago was the luckier team.

Exactly !   Nothing more , nothing less...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Now, their trying to get riff started between Rask & Krug, because he called it a "Terrible Turnover" and Rask threw Krug under the bus. He didn't say Krug specifically, but the media will twist this chit around. Wasn't Horton the one who coughed the puck up for Chicago's first goal? It's really funny how the media wants to throw the kid under bus by saying to scratch him for a mistake. The B's throw that puck up the middle ALL THE TIME. Chara made a tape to tape pass earlier in the game & was inches of being picked off. So, forget all the kids heroics, poise, speed, shot & confidence & lets shatter him!! 

"Why is a puck called a puck? Because Dirty little bastar d was taken!"- Marty Brodeur

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

Don't like turnovers. Doughnuts are much better. Especially crullers.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

Agreed....the turnover is mostly Krug's fault, and all turnovers that lead to a goal are terrible turnovers.  But for the most part, for a kid playing in his firs SCF game, he played pretty good.  I think you will see a different, more setteled down Krug in the next game. 

If you don't invest very much, then defeat doesn't hurt very much and winning is not very exciting.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

Amen kelvana!  I've been thinking the exact same thing.  There were dozens of bad turnovers in that game and practically every defensemen had a couple.  Yes, Krug's was a bad one, and yes, it ended up in the net.  But all of this hand-wringing and calls for lineup changes are crazy.  I thought he played really well, again.  And he brings a pretty good new dynamic to the team with his skill set.  Players make mistakes.  Judge them on the balance of their play.  Krug has been good.  Keep him in there, until that changes.

I think it was his worse gm.  He looked nervous.  Can you blame him?   I dont want him coming out bc he can skate.  Im more worried about McQ at this point bc he looked very slow.  

I say he bounces back and plays a solid gm 2.  And i bet he wont make that pass again.  He had a great hit on Shaw

the kid will be fine.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

I think it was his worse gm.  He looked nervous.  Can you blame him?   I dont want him coming out bc he can skate.  Im more worried about McQ at this point bc he looked very slow.  

I say he bounces back and plays a solid gm 2.  And i bet he wont make that pass again.  He had a great hit on Shaw

the kid will be fine.  

Well, I thought that Chicago had a better forecheck than any team we've faced so far, so I thought all of the Bruin D-men looked flustered at times trying to clear the puck and create a breakout.  I didn't think that Krug looked worse than anybody else, except on the one play that resulted in the goal.

On the upside, his skating really does have an impact.  A few times that he carried the puck through the neutral zone it seemed like Chicago struggled to adjust and got pulled out of position.  Some nice shots on net and some good hits too.

The part of this debate that always seems to be glossed over is 'will the next guy actually be better'?  Krug might make a few mistakes because he is a rookie and lacks experience.  But unless his replacement is Redden, that situation would be the same.  None of the other options skate as well as Krug or can be used in the same way on the PP.  So I guess it would only make sense to pull Krug out if we are sure that the next guy (Bartkowski, Hamilton, Redden) won't make a sloppy pass/turnover.  Are we?

I say stick with Krug unless the turnovers start to become a habit.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

I'm sick of hearing about this, and worse yet, we now have local news station sportscasts, who dont know how to pronounce half the players on the team names breaking the play down frame by frame.

Let it go folks. Yes, the pass was intercepted. Chara,McQuaid,Boychuk et..have had numerous tunovers this post-season, and yes some of them even ended up in back of the net. The kid made a mistake, he's going to make more, but he has been invaluable to this team the last 4 weeks. 29 other teams would kill to have this kid on their roster.

This whole thing reminds of the questioning Thomas got after the Burrows OT goal in game two in 2011. Alot of people, who dont know what their talking about, voicing their uneducated opinions.

And suggesting putting Krug at forward, is idiotic.

AMEN. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

Moving on to game 2. The past is the past. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

the kid will be fine.  

Well, I thought that Chicago had a better forecheck than any team we've faced so far, so I thought all of the Bruin D-men looked flustered at times trying to clear the puck and create a breakout.  I didn't think that Krug looked worse than anybody else, except on the one play that resulted in the goal.

On the upside, his skating really does have an impact.  A few times that he carried the puck through the neutral zone it seemed like Chicago struggled to adjust and got pulled out of position.  Some nice shots on net and some good hits too.

The part of this debate that always seems to be glossed over is 'will the next guy actually be better'?  Krug might make a few mistakes because he is a rookie and lacks experience.  But unless his replacement is Redden, that situation would be the same.  None of the other options skate as well as Krug or can be used in the same way on the PP.  So I guess it would only make sense to pull Krug out if we are sure that the next guy (Bartkowski, Hamilton, Redden) won't make a sloppy pass/turnover.  Are we?

I say stick with Krug unless the turnovers start to become a habit.

yeah i agree.  I think you stick with him bc his skating is needed as is his pp work.  He made some bad plays(turnovers) on the pp in ot as well but overall i thought he played ok.  Nervous.  Chicago Stadium.  SCF.  Heck im nervous and im not playing.  I expect a bounce back gm.  May have to turn this series into an ugly one.  If the shaw spear didnt wake them up im sure his ot goal did.  

Their 3rd line scares the heck outta me.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Honestly two things scare the heck oughta me about the Hawks, Hossa & their dogs on raw meat forecheck. I honestly think that Krug did what he thought was right. I watched the game again today & Chicago was really blocking off the boards on the B's for most of the night. In the 2nd period alone I counted 13 times where the Bruins tried to use the boards to get the puck out of their zone & the Hawks blocked it. And there were even a couple of times the Hawks had two bodies; one behind the other that prevented the B's from clearing. The B's are going to have to keep on eye on this, because this is the only thing I think they did better than the B's. The B's beat them, or tied them in every other aspect of the game. 

"Why is a puck called a puck? Because Dirty little bastar d was taken!"- Marty Brodeur

Sections
Shortcuts