Toronto Fans Show Little Class

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hendy77. Show hendy77's posts

Toronto Fans Show Little Class

I was at the game tonight. While the Leaf fans were polite in giving Kaberle his deserved ovation prior to the game and again during the video tribute, they amazed me later in the game.

In the third, Grabovski hits Chara in the ankle with a shot, knocking the big guy down in obvious pain.

The Leaf fans actually cheered. Cheered. Cheered for a player being injured.

Unreal. Shame.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: Toronto Fans Show Little Class

Chara is not the most popular player in the world right now.  Leafs fans are annoying but are very loyal.  Booing chara is a flavor of the month.  It will pass.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In Response to Re: Toronto Fans Show Little Class:
    [QUOTE]Booing him is one thing. Cheering an injury is not even close to being flavour.
    Posted by hendy77[/QUOTE]

The only person you can control is you.  People feel Chara is a violent player in the same mold as Avery/Cooke.  Booing him will pass.  I don't think its right to cheer when someone gets hurt.  But Chara is a hated man outside Bruin land.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Yeah no one ever broke an ankle from blocking a shot.  Tell that to Armstrong.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

I will go out on a limb and say they are right there with Montreal.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from macdogcharm. Show macdogcharm's posts

can nobody find lafleur 1979, and smash his head in??

What kind of loser goes on the board of another team to make stupid comments?? WOW!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]Booing him is one thing. Cheering an injury is not even close to being flavour.
    Posted by hendy77[/QUOTE]

hendy - Agreed but as shuperman said, Chara's this month's bad boy for whatever is topical enough for fans to jump on in the exercise of being informed.  It won't last unlike in Ottawa where they still haven't forgiven Chara for leaving.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Have B's fans become so obsessed with their sense of victimhood that they expect opposing crowds to be "nice" to their team. Since when was that part of the game? Anyway, didn't Chara skate to the bench on his own? Last time I checked most shots on the ankle do not result in injury, let alone serious injury. That's exactly what happened here. Let's discuss goalies instead. I'm really starting to like what I'm seeing lately. TT getting ready for another playoff meltdown? Not playing him at the last Montreal game was a very revealing and almost comical move on Julien's part. Keep it up Claude. (BTW: you know he's a frog, right?)
    Posted by Lafleur1979[/QUOTE]
    Thomas's last playoff appearance featured a sweep of Montreal.Is that the sort of meltdown you're talking about?I seem to remember Price being booed in his own building to the point of him making a gesture to the Habs faithful.Clean up your own backyard before throwing garbage into someone else's.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from olsonstephanie. Show olsonstephanie's posts

I like the booing.  It hopefully will light a fire under this team.  They need some jam for the playoffs.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Chara has been booed for years!  He is desensitized by now as most of the veterans.  The Bs are getting to be an enigma team.  No more analysis, the team needs to wake up from the winter slumber.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I still don;t get why Toronto was booing.  You ask Leaf fans whom they hate the most in the league and the majority will say the HABS (inMtl now Bruins Leafs are tied for most hated).
    Why be hypocrites ? 
    They should be smarter hockey fans but to jump on a bandwagon and boo and cheer if he gets hurt ?
    COME ON TORONTO WHERE'S YOUR CLASS ?

Sections
Shortcuts