Toronto Record Tracker

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

Re: Toronto Record Tracker

well of course you dope, were talking about a potential top 3 pick you dope....dope

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Boston First Rounders not so good if you are looking for a next year player.

Kessel 2006 #5,
    Thornton # 1, Samsonov # 8 - 1997
    McLaren #9 -1995
    Kvartalnov #16 1992 was 26 years old though
    Wesley #3 1987
    Markwart #21 - 1983
    Kluzak #1 -1982
    Leveille #14 - 1981
    Bourque #8, McCrimmon # 15  - 1979

that's 11 out of 31 years of first rounders making it the following year. There might be another 1/2 dozen later rounder that made it, I don't Know.

The draft choice is where you get your talent and some players are coming on to the scene earlier due to the salary cap but only a few are still making it right away.   This is becoming more prevalent since the cap is causing the cusp players to either take salary cuts or retire or go to europe if they ask for too much.

Still the draft is a cra*p shoot, for every Crosby there can still be a Daigle. With #1 overall the picks have been far more productive than others, excellent with a lot of future Hall of Famers in the mix, the further down you go the bigger cr*ap shoot it becomes.

So we need to get the top pick for closer to a sure thing for replacement for Kessel or a really good dangle for trade bait. If TO is down at deadline, pick will be worth a lot more than if they are leading the league(OBVIOUSLY). It then becomes a dilemma on whether a possible rental is better than the possible next Crosby etc.

There are going to be a ton of debates on this the rest of the year! By the By we are not the only ones going to be running a TO tracker on their positioning.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TTtheFloppingFOOL. Show TTtheFloppingFOOL's posts

In Response to Toronto Record Tracker:
    0-2-1 with 1pt (last place) Draft Pick Projection: Looking Good
    Posted by tukkainnet

Why are you obsessed with Toronto? I think this team has more then enough problems right now let alone worry about the leafs

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TTtheFloppingFOOL. Show TTtheFloppingFOOL's posts

In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker:
    Ryan Leaf went 2nd overall....he just sucked so bad I thought he was a first
    Posted by tukkainnet

lol you are a true dolt

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from thefly8. Show thefly8's posts

At what point can we form opinions? Bruins have good reason to be skeptic...37 years of falls hopes.

Opionions are ususlly based on your last memory...with that said its now 3-2 and b's are actually skating

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

If the Bruins pick #1 will they have the 1st pick of the 2nd round as well

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TTtheFloppingFOOL. Show TTtheFloppingFOOL's posts

well of course you dope, were talking about a potential top 3 pick you dope....dope
    Posted by dkrejci46

Based on 3 games? You really are a clueless pom pom waving stooge

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tukkainnet. Show tukkainnet's posts

In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker : News Flash: This isn't like the NFL where those picks mean something, pick a player in the NHL and you hope he can play in 3 years and most never even pan out
    Posted by TTtheFloppingFOOL

Clearly not very knowledgeable in any sport.  Next to the NBA most would say that NHL has the most reliable early pick to success rate.  Ryan Leaf, Alex Smith, Jamarcus Russell anyone.  I would say the last few #1 in the NHL turned out pretty well.  While I do agree that you do often have to wait to develop a player, I'm not saying the B's are going to pick 3rd and find some savior for the franchise.  Once again this is just a post, if you don't like it don't read it.  The value of the pick is also speculative and something that may be of great use in a trade for an established player....thats my true interest.

Here is a list of Number 1 picks NHL

Here is the NFL.  Which is more reliable to you??

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tukkainnet. Show tukkainnet's posts

Thought you might want to read more about how NHL draft picks don't matter.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

How bout that Brian Burke eh? What an empty shirt. Another fine move by the TML's. Glad I'm a Bruins fan......at least we've won a cup more recently. ;-)

Seriously though, for all the hype around Burke, he's not shown anything magical in his team "re-building' moves.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TTtheFloppingFOOL. Show TTtheFloppingFOOL's posts

In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker : News Flash:  We have there first and second round pick
    Posted by tukkainnet

News Flash: This isn't like the NFL where those picks mean something, pick a player in the NHL and you hope he can play in 3 years and most never even pan out

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tukkainnet. Show tukkainnet's posts

0-2-1 (1pt)

Down 2-0 in first to Pens

Draft Pick Projection: Looking Good...but then again so is or own pick

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TTtheFloppingFOOL. Show TTtheFloppingFOOL's posts

In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker : ya tavares didn't look good last night or anything, so he won't be contributing for three years?
    Posted by dkrejci46

Of course you dope he is a #1 pick beyond the top 4 or 5 picks in the first round most of these kids are projects

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tukkainnet. Show tukkainnet's posts

Ryan Leaf went 2nd overall....he just sucked so bad I thought he was a first

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tukkainnet. Show tukkainnet's posts

In Response to Toronto Record Tracker : Why are you obsessed with Toronto? I think this team has more then enough problems right now let alone worry about the leafs

News Flash:  We have there first and second round pick

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

To make an opinion on this, makes about as much sense as making an opinion about the bruins weak start (4 games in).

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Toronto isn't winning games,
    but if you've been watching them
    you will notice
    that they really are that awful.

A #1 pick overall would be pretty sweet.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker : News Flash: This isn't like the NFL where those picks mean something, pick a player in the NHL and you hope he can play in 3 years and most never even pan out

ya tavares didn't look good last night or anything, so he won't be contributing for three years?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

ummmm i'm not basing that off 3 games....i'm basing it off the makeup of that team

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Boston First Rounders not so good if you are looking for a next year player.  If TO is down at deadline, pick will be worth a lot more than if they are leading the league(OBVIOUSLY). It then becomes a dilemma on whether a possible rental is better than the possible next Crosby etc. By the By we are not the only ones going to be running a TO tracker on their positioning.
    Posted by No4BobbyOrr-GOAT

I myself would never want or expect a high pick to be an immediate superstar. Personally I think it's asking too much of a young budding star. Having all these draft picks the next 2 years is more important to for trades.

I've been hearing and reading that the Toronto fans are being very critical of Brian Burke on there hockey boards. As that what's been happening on the Leaf hockey boards No4 ?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Toronto Record  0-4-1 (1pt) Worst Record in Hockey Down 3-1 to Colorado in the 2nd Period Last place in ESPN Power Rankings (Bruins were 21st) Already using their 3rd string goalie Draft Projection:  Yup, still good.....unfortunately our own 1st looks good as well.
    Posted by tukkainnet

But the Bruins are a team that can turn it around.
    Look how bad Detroit is starting out.

But there is no hope for the Leafs.  It's looking to me like we will get a top 1-3 pick from the Leafs.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Komisawreck even scored in his own net with his head tonight. Can't wait to see Kessel carrying that dressing room on his shoulders. I knew this whole Brian Burke fantasy squad would eventually fall apart, but they are exceeding my expectations. Good luck with the lotery pick.
    Posted by Lafleur1979

That was just the final touch.  The play went like this.  He tried to take someone out, and took himself out.  He skated slowly back toward his own net, you skate back to the face off circle faster.  Then he decides to wrap himself around someone in the crease and that is when it bounced off his helmet and into the net.

It wasn't just a bad bounce.  It was a lazy play, he wasn't paying attention.

We have an EXCELLENT chance for a first round pick.

I actually pity Kessel.  You know how many Toronto Kessel #81 jersies are already out there?  Man, they are going to be all over him.

Yah, right, he gets excused from back checking duty.  yah right.  that's going to go over really really well in hockey savvy Toronto.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from joeschmo25. Show joeschmo25's posts

It's not about what their record is right now, it's how they look as a team. Toronto is tough and can be competitive, but their goaltending is weak and they don't have a great offense. Kessel will help but without a legitimate playmaker he won't be the Kessel of last seson. We need to hope their goaltending issues continue and some of their better players go through a slump or become injured (i know it sounds classless to hope for somebody to be injured but this pick could be vital to Boston's success in a few years).
    I don't think we will have a top 5 pick this year, though I really hope we do. This year's top 5 looks like a can't miss, with Taylor Hall, Kirill Kabanov and Cam Fowler looking like possible franchise players.
    The draft has become more of a sure thing since Daigle, though obviously nothing is ever a sure thing. The draft process has become a lot more of a science in recent years, giving teams a very good look into the potential of a player. While it's true that the past few drafts have been decently packed with great talent, 2010 my be the last year of great talent available throughout the first round.
    But unless Toronto turns it around and fixes some major holes in it's game, expect a top 15 pick at the least.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Have any of you been watching the Leafs?  Never mind the 3 games, I also watched them preseason. They are horrible.  HORRIBLE.
    Posted by BadHabitude

You shouldn't lavish such compliments on them.  Abominable perhaps?  I think they are rapidly approaching the point where Shakespearean insults are in order.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Toronto Record  0-4-1 (1pt) Worst Record in Hockey Down 3-1 to Colorado in the 2nd Period Last place in ESPN Power Rankings (Bruins were 21st) Already using their 3rd string goalie Draft Projection:  Yup, still good.....unfortunately our own 1st looks good as well.
    Posted by tukkainnet

and the Sabres kicking a$s 6-2 over the Wings.
    Jones scored on another break-a-away tonite on the Leafs.

Sections
Shortcuts