Toronto Record Tracker

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

Re: Toronto Record Tracker

Yeah anyone knows the tie breaker in between Leafs and Panthers or Tampa.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Sweet.  Tonight could be the night.  Sure starting out that way with flyers up 1-0.

And we can count Carolina out of the second worst race now.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Tampa worries me they are not playing well ar all as of late.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Yikes, their getting blown out.

On a different note, Philly's PP stinks.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JezzaNuts. Show JezzaNuts's posts

Even if Toronto wins both it's last two games the worst Boston will be before the lottery is 3rd because Tampa & Florida play their last 2 games against each other so one has to win 1 game at least and if the split or Toronto loses 1 game then 2nd is Boston's

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Sweet!  Islanders out with 1 pt certain in ot.

Tampa and Panthers only teams with possibility of being caught, but the Panthers must split and the Leafs must win both their last 2.

And then it would be the tie breaker.

Got to find out what Leafs record is vs. Panthers and Lightning.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

The teams I worry about (Tampa, Florida) are still the teams I worry about...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

Go Flyers....anyone rooting for the Leafs hasn't been a New England sports fan long enough.  I wouldn't take any chance of the Leafs moving to the three spot...I want them to gain ZERO points in their last three games.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker:
    [QUOTE]Tampa worries me they are not playing well ar all as of late.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

What's Tampa's record vs the Leafs?  If it goes to a tie breaker.  Then again, it's lighting vs. panthers twice for the last 2 games of the year.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Done deal!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

I thought the first tie-break was wins.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]THe first tie-breaker is wins and if Toronto wins both their games and Panthers & Lightning win 1 game each they will both have 1 more win than Toronto.
    Posted by JezzaNuts[/QUOTE]

OK, right.  So the only thing to worry about is Toronto winning both and Panthers or Lightning losing every one of their last so Toronto has 76 and either the Lightning or Panthers would have 74.

Of course if Toronto loses, it's over.

And if the Lightning Panthers split and pick up otl for 1 pt each, that would work, too.

I don't see Toronto winning both Rangers and habs games.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

Even if the Rangers are running after us i think it is better if they beat the Leafs tomorrow night because trust me... the Leafs will want to do anything to beat the Habs on saturday especially if the Habs are in a must win situation...and this could happend since the Habs have to play the Canes first...a team that has giving them all kinds of problems for years now.  It will be a very interesting endind to this regular season!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Both Tampa Bay and Florida split with the Leafs this year, but the Leafs hold the tie-breaker over TBay by virtue of taking a total of 6 points to 5 points out of the four games (three of four were 3pt games).  Florida holds the tie-breaker over Toronto because all of their games were reg. time wins, so they go to the third tie-breaker - goal differential. The Panthers have a better goal differential.  Of course, that could change if they keep giving up 5 per game, but it's not likely given that they're -31 and the Laffs are an outrageously bad -50.

So root for the Bolts to take 3 points in their last 3 games; Panthers 2 in their last 3.  Then it doesn't matter what the Laffs do.  Looks like their bizarre run of success is crashing down around a Wilson Kessel feud anyway.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

IT IS OFFICIAL TORONTO WILL FINISH 2nf to last .....

it would take a MIRACLE the only possible scenario is Toronto gets 3 points against NYR & Mtl and Panthers or Tampa doesnt get one single point in the 2 meetings between these 2 teams

WELCOME TAYLOR HALL TO BOSTON

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Wait.
    If Panthers and Lightning split - they will have 76 pts each.
    If Toronto wins both their last games
    AND
    Panthers and Lightning lose the other games they have not against each other, then we have a 3 way tie for 2nd worst at 76 points.

I believe the tie breaker would be games against each other.
    Panthers
    L 4-6
    L 2-3
    W 2-0
    W 4-1
    total goals Panthers 12, Leafs 10 Does the tie breaker go to most goals?

Lightning
    W 2-1
    L 3-4
    W 3-2
    OTL 3-4
    total goals Lightning 11, Leafs 11, Does the tie breaker go Lightning because of OTL?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JezzaNuts. Show JezzaNuts's posts

THe first tie-breaker is wins and if Toronto wins both their games and Panthers & Lightning win 1 game each they will both have 1 more win than Toronto.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Yeah, sorry, jumped the gun - first tie-break is wins.  My stuff kicks in if they had an equal number of wins.  I was giddy with the Islander Shoot-out win.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Thanks Jezza was just looking at the Panthers and Tampa head to head against TO. This will be hard without fabulous Phil "He's got cramps." Innocent

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]Both Tampa Bay and Florida split with the Leafs this year, but the Leafs hold the tie-breaker over TBay by virtue of taking a total of 6 points to 5 points out of the four games (three of four were 3pt games).  Florida holds the tie-breaker over Toronto because all of their games were reg. time wins, so they go to the third tie-breaker - goal differential. The Panthers have a better goal differential.  Of course, that could change if they keep giving up 5 per game, but it's not likely given that they're -31 and the Laffs are an outrageously bad -50. So root for the Bolts to take 3 points in their last 3 games; Panthers 2 in their last 3.  Then it doesn't matter what the Laffs do.  Looks like their bizarre run of success is crashing down around a Wilson Kessel feud anyway.
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

Bookboy to the rescue for standings stats!

Right, no attitude problem with Kessel and  he gets put on 2nd pp group??

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan4778. Show bruinsfan4778's posts

Toronto plays Rags who HAVE TO WIN so...looks good for the Bruins lotto pick...we could lose a position or 2 so...PRAY!!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

If Rangers win next 3 games, with one of them against the Flyers being in regulation, then they will finish ahead of Philly at the end of the year.

They WILL be motivated to beat Toronto. And if they do (in regulation), then Toronto will officially be 2nd last in the league.

Then, hopefully, Philly will beat them twice and Rangers will get booted. And life will be good here in Jersey lol

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

Folks, Toronto is done.  They played poorly last night and against Boston in the last game.  I think they are playing out the string.  AHL lineup can only go so far.

They will lose tonight in NY, but likely to beat Montreal in the final game (they always seem to play well against them) which won't matter.

I think you can officially close this thread after tonight.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Rangers will win tonite and you can take this to the bank although you guys are great breaking up the tie breaker thing . 
    Boston has to manage their own destiny so YES I want the Rangers to win.
    Bruins can now pass Montreal as I feel Habs will lose to Canes tomorrow.
    Bruins on the 13th have a chance to take 1st overall and worse case 2nd ?
    I'de trade 30 Kessels to have this opportunity with a Draft this rich. 
    btw so what was the excuse why he didn't play last nite ?  Against the Bruins in the 3rd when he left he was favoring something.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I like the way NYR Leafs started.
    And Colton Orr tries to make a statement with a fight, and gets 2 extra minutes and a pretty lame fight.

Sections
Shortcuts