Toronto Record Tracker

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Re: Toronto Record Tracker

In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker:
    [QUOTE]Leafs played many of their regulars last night also.
    Posted by mattymcgee55[/QUOTE]

All the reporters were talking about how bad Phaneuf was. 
    It's just preseaon, don't read too much into this. 
    Funny note; Last night was free as Coke Cola paid for everyone's tickets to promote their Coke "Zero"  and that's exactly what the Leafs did ZERO!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Yah but Dion has "The Girl Next Door" Elisha Cuthbert mmm mmm!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BradyBruin. Show BradyBruin's posts

Not callin you out - but we heard about Phaneuf going down for a couple years if you payed attention to Calgary at all.
    All you ever read was he went for the highlite reel hit, vs. actually playing defense.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shaunk. Show shaunk's posts

Well get used to it, Tuukkainnet because we have another season's worth of this beautiful online document of the demise of the Burke era in Toronto.  This thread is historical.  I love it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Kalinski with a great open ice hit for Philly! Who did he nail on Toronto BadHab ? #20 was it...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]Who gives a rodents rectum? Whereever the "Leaves" end up - its a lousy draft.  I say trade their #1 pick back to them in exchange for their #1 and #2 in 2012. 
    Posted by Devanjan[/QUOTE]

"They" said 2010 was going to be a weak draft.  In February we'll have a clue.

In the meantime, the Leafs let Primeau go.
    And in the meantime, the team that's supposed to finish last this year, the Oilers are DESTROYING the Canucks 4-1 in the first period.

The Oil look good out there.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Devanjan. Show Devanjan's posts

Who gives a rodents rectum? Whereever the "Leaves" end up - its a lousy draft.  I say trade their #1 pick back to them in exchange for their #1 and #2 in 2012. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

No this one is fine...and much more fun...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Leafs look better here.  Wow, Komiserak is such a cancer...  he's in on about every Leaf low-light.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoKpuVEr0nI

And this looks to be the best they've looked so far
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jENT4pQrAUo

And now my hopes are up because some of these guys look like they are moving backwards
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rA4ufaHCJxk

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker : But the Bruins are a team that can turn it around. Look how bad Detroit is starting out. But there is no hope for the Leafs.  It's looking to me like we will get a top 1-3 pick from the Leafs.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

And this is why this thread is so much fun.

What did I say then?  And what happened?

My prediction this year - we get a top 6 pick.  That the Leafs are looking at Wayne Primeau is excellent because he is so lost out there.

Phaneuf and Komiserak - their careers are spiraling downward.
    Versteeg is an improvement.
    Kessel looks better than I've ever seen him, if they can clear out the cobwebs from his head he could be dangerous.
    Gustavson and GS look a little wobbly.
    The Kaberle Wilson side show is still on.

This year's version of Kessel and Versteeg are the difference this year.  Versteeg had one game where he didn't impress me, but one of those games he looked good.  What fun following the Leafs is going to be this year - again.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]Kalinski with a great open ice hit for Philly! Who did he nail on Toronto BadHab ? #20 was it...
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

don't know who the Leaf was, but that was no elbow, he didn't leave his feet and it wasn't a blind side hit.  That's just wrong if they are going to start calling that.    The guy turned around to look at the pass, I mean really....  If they used the same criteria for the Cooke hit on Savard, it would have been, charging, elbowing, and intent to injure.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

Amazed that this thread is still rolling along...gotta admit it makes me smile...let's hope it hits 1000 posts..

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

Khadry is not a lock to make the Leafs, either, guys.  The Toronto papers have been noting he looks a bit lost at times on the ice.  Just last night, Wilson said there is still too much "junior" in his game.  Who knows?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]Not according to some posters on another thread Kessel is going to score 50 cause he scores so much in pre-season. Also mentioned is that the Kessel trade is not ever going to work out for the Bruins because Boston can't score in pre-season. OMG some posters were born on Pluto LoL!

I hate to say this, but I'm actually missing the good times we all had this summer where the discussions were *reasonably* intelligent.

Now the trolls are back.  And the panic sticken masses are screaming and yelling and running from preseason losses like the citizens of Tokyo running from Godzilla - and making just about as much sense.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

[QUOTE]Amazed that this thread is still rolling along...gotta admit it makes me smile...let's hope it hits 1000 posts..
    Posted by TuukkainNet[/QUOTE] Great thread I think 1500+ is within reach and after this season ends and that 1st rounder is determend that will likely be the end of it.
    Hey even mash, and the flintstones had to end sometime Ha Ha.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Leafs Wings preseason tonight.
    Leafs look like they have their whole regular line up in, except for the goalie.
    Leafs are behind 2-1, but its not that close.
    Leafs did not get a shot on net at even strength, they scored on a PP.

Phaneuf looks like he's playing with a few drinks in him.
    Kessel looks good I hate to say.  Looked like he was going to try to stickhandle in traffic.  Looks to me like Kessel is finally getting his act together.

Kaberle stinks.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Whoa Hoo Duinne just made it 900 posts on this thread TuukainNet!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]Who gives a rodents rectum? Whereever the "Leaves" end up - its a lousy draft.  I say trade their #1 pick back to them in exchange for their #1 and #2 in 2012. 
    Posted by Devanjan[/QUOTE]

Last year at this time 2011 was looking like a lousy draft, but the latest word is that it's looking better and better. Last year at this time Tyler Seguin was a blip on the radar. Things can change radically when you're talking about teenaged kids.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

:)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shaunk. Show shaunk's posts

well it is only a preseason game BadHab, but it is a good game for the Oilers even without MP(S).  Eberle is wicked active tonight.  Watching this game makes me wonder if we may see a few Stanley Cup finals between the Oil and B's in a couple of years, if they progress as they are expected to.  It would be an exciting series to say the least, but just wishful thinking right now on my part.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]Not according to some posters on another thread Kessel is going to score 50 cause he scores so much in pre-season. Also mentioned is that the Kessel trade is not ever going to work out for the Bruins because Boston can't score in pre-season. OMG some posters were born on Pluto LoL!

Hey, yay for Kessel if he can score 50 goals and justify that salary. However, last I checked, hockey is a team game. Just ask Ilya Kovalchuk.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker : Hey, yay for Kessel if he can score 50 goals and justify that salary. However, last I checked, hockey is a team game. Just ask Ilya Kovalchuk.
    Posted by duinne[/QUOTE]

True that.
    It's going to be Kessel and Versteeg that will carry the load.
    Everyone else on the Leafs either stayed the same or took a step back.

Phaneuf is looking totally average, still has a good shot, but everything else about him is totally pedestrian.

No spark from any of their young players, no flashes of brilliance whatsoever.

Their big young catch, the Rhinas kid, the goalie top rated in Europe and the Leafs got him - had me worried on paper.  Then watching him in the preseason games, I see he has nothing.  He's not that athletic, skating is average, reaction time might even be slow.  He got beat by a few shots where he had a clear view.  I'd call him a decent AHL goalie, and a weak backup NHL goalie.

Right now if I had to predict his career, it would be that exactly of Dany Sabourin.  Career AHL goalie with a few years with 20-25 games in the NHL.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Not according to some posters on another thread Kessel is going to score 50 cause he scores so much in pre-season. Also mentioned is that the Kessel trade is not ever going to work out for the Bruins because Boston can't score in pre-season.

OMG some posters were born on Pluto LoL!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Montreal - Toronto whould be a good game to start the NHL season for me.
    There are so many story lines here to make Bruin fans enjoy and laugh away.
    -Price having a bad game.
    -Leafs crashing Price crease
    -Komisarek cheap shotting
    -Phaneuf cheap "
    -Habs looking to chop at Kessel (watch PK Suban)
    -Habs PP making the Leafs pay on
    -Fight night - Kessel-Lapierre (this time Lucic can't help)

Feel free to join in guys and gals ... LOL

Let's sit back and enjoy this one !

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Anybody catching this tonight?  HNIC and Leafs starters are playing the Red Wings AHL team (pretty much).  This looks like a tune up game for the varsity.

And the Leafs are looking horrible, losing 1-0, but more importantly - they look bad.