Re: Toronto Record Tracker
posted at 11/8/2010 4:53 PM EST
In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker
[QUOTE]Didn't see the game at all, but the box score looks like its from the twilight zone. Kessel - no shots? Orr - scores? Pens outshoot them 25-14? Jonas must have stood on his head. Leafs win their 3 first? Pens lose their 3 first?
Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]
Here's the Reader's Digest Version
1. Gustovasson started shaky but played great after the 1st period and won this game for the Leafs who were on their heels from the 1/2 point of the 2nd period
2. Colton Orr took a shot on the chin and was dropped. Did not return. Good scrap though
3. Malkin and Crosby were all over the ice but couldn't cash in. Malkin had a penalty shoot and missed badly (one of the worst attempts I've ever seen). Pittsburg defence was not great and Fleury was really shaky in net.
4. Schenn had a great game on defence and looks to have rebounded from his sophmore year.
5. Your buddy Kessel was MIA and benched a couple of shifts. Overall the 1st unit was horrible last night
6. Mike Brown and Colton Armstrong were the best Leafs, mostly in checking roles. Mike Brown can absolutely fly out there, I was really impressed both these players.
7. Leafs demonstrate good team speed and block a lot of shots (I think Versteeg has 4 blocked shots alone).
8. Leaf defence still gives the puck away a lot. Gunnersson looks lost right now (just like how Schenn started last year) and will likely be replaced with Lebda when he's healthy.
Overall, Leafs look much better but still a work in progress. Lack of size at center will take it's toll. Goaltending looks to be a strength, for a change.,