Toronto Record Tracker

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Re: Toronto Record Tracker

In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker:
    [QUOTE]like bergy, chara, savard, lucic, krejci......you lock up your core....to pay kessel wouldve cost us 5-6 mil, cut it elsewhere, a combo of players...if u r serious about a cup run you dont walk away from a guy thats 23 yrs old, 36 goals and a plus 23...you dont,  and you couldve kept 46 and 17 also...i rather lose the entire 4th line and a dman to pay kessel 6 mil, beacuase he would add so much to this off, not just his totals, but the other 2 lines would score more because they wont be on the ice vs the prongers of the world, thus creating easier chances...2008 we were 2nd overall in goal scoring because of this...not because of kessels 36 goals, but because of his presecense it added so many more for others..like ryder 27....more pp's becasue he was drawing pentalies with his speed...it wasnt all 81 but he sure helped open things up.... 
    Posted by bruins8[/QUOTE]

I still believe you are a fraud.  When did you name your kid Tyler?  You name a lifelong Bruin Cam, and a rookie who might drop like Normand Leveille?

How old are you?
    How old are these kids?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Thank you all for letting him turn this into another kessel thread.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

fraud nothing

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

tyler james

camreon john

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

like bergy, chara, savard, lucic, krejci......you lock up your core....to pay kessel wouldve cost us 5-6 mil, cut it elsewhere, a combo of players...if u r serious about a cup run you dont walk away from a guy thats 23 yrs old, 36 goals and a plus 23...you dont,  and you couldve kept 46 and 17 also...i rather lose the entire 4th line and a dman to pay kessel 6 mil, beacuase he would add so much to this off, not just his totals, but the other 2 lines would score more because they wont be on the ice vs the prongers of the world, thus creating easier chances...2008 we were 2nd overall in goal scoring because of this...not because of kessels 36 goals, but because of his presecense it added so many more for others..like ryder 27....more pp's becasue he was drawing pentalies with his speed...it wasnt all 81 but he sure helped open things up.... 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]in all honestly since 1987-88 i've prob spent close to if not more than 100k in tix, road trips to see the bs, merchandise (got 52 jerseys) etc so please dont tell me im not a bs fan (i got a tatoo of them) i love the bruins and been waiting all my life for a cup  been through to many broken heart games....was at the peter klima breaks a city's heart game, was in buf for the may day game, in mtl in 2002, 2004, 2007 playoffs all killers, saw the oil skate the cup in the garden and in edm...and many many more ..........and it hurts...just want the bs to win just like all of you...i know i come off not so nice to some of you..but for those of you that know me you know thats not the case..even know we disagree in somethings about the bs we are all 1 in our heart when it comes to our loyalty to the bs...so here it is i have nothing against any of you i like you all..now go give hab fans hell not me! im part of bruin nation  i named my 2 boys after cam neely and tyler seguin 
    Posted by bruins8[/QUOTE]

So you are at least 40 years old and have a 5 month old?
    Why Tyler and not Ray or Robert or Phillip (You would have had your bases covered as you could have gone Kessel or Esposito) or Stanley (Jonathan) or John  (Bucyk or Wensink) - why Tyler?

Why are you so bitter about this trade?

There were worse moves by far, Thornton for 3 guys, (1  good - Stuart, 1 kinda good - Sturm - 1 just awfull - Primeau).  I didn't like Thornton.  I don't like HumV's or Cadillac Esplanades, but I wouldn't flip them for 50 cents on the dollar of their value.

Samsanov for freakin Reasoner??

Drafting Kluzak over Bellows?

going back to ancient history, letting Bouchard go and keeping an elderly Eddie Johnson?

Dumping Oates because he spoke up?

Not getting a couple more bodies in that 2nd Edmonton year - they were close then.

All this - and Phil Kessel is the one you hang your hat on?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxpeat. Show soxpeat's posts

We would have to include a salary or two to gain parts as we have no cap space.  We can't trade prospects for players with salary.  We'd end up like the Devils, dressing 9 forwards in a game. 

We all love the B's.  Let's watch the start of the season and see how things go with Savard.

And the Leafs have to start losing games.  I live in Canada and all the Leafs fans are out in full force and I'm already sick of it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

I agree 100%.  They're still a couple years away from making a real run.

Versteeg has made them a two-lines deep team, much like the Tampa Bay Lightning were the past couple seasons.

I still think we have a top 10 pick.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]PHIL KESSEL@....
    Posted by shaunk[/QUOTE]

And just like that guy you went for the glory for the 1000 goal post mark without consideration for you team mates, didn't even give anybody a look-off you went in alone.

Selfish I call it.  Selfish.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]Approaching post 1000 of the Toronto Record Tracker. I hate to say it but the Leafs look a bit better this year. It'd be nice if they didn't make the playoffs again.
    Posted by McKodiak5[/QUOTE]

I don't see how they are going to make the playoffs.
    There's a knock on every one of their good players with the exception of Versteeg.

What really surprises me about them is that they look organized, the preseason games were just a scramble, a total mess out there.

Then when they hit opening night, they looked like they were in midseason form and were as organized as they will ever be.

And how long can these ideas last?  Like putting Phaneuf in front of the net of their PP?  I don't like him, but I have to admit he has a good point shot if he has anything so whatever they gain by him being in front, they lose from the point.

At the end of the day, they have a weak line up and that's that.  An injury to either goalie, Kessel or Versteeg and they are in serious trouble.
    And 2 of those wins so far came off of great goaltending efforts, that can't last.
    The Habs didn't have Cammaleri when they played them and I think the Sens were without Alfredson.

I can imagine the Bruins winning the cup this year, 25% dreaming, but the Leafs making the playoffs is 95% dreaming.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from McKodiak5. Show McKodiak5's posts

Approaching post 1000 of the Toronto Record Tracker.

I hate to say it but the Leafs look a bit better this year.

It'd be nice if they didn't make the playoffs again.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shaunk. Show shaunk's posts

not really.  But, 1,000 posts!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]Approaching post 1000 of the Toronto Record Tracker. I hate to say it but the Leafs look a bit better this year. It'd be nice if they didn't make the playoffs again.
    Posted by McKodiak5[/QUOTE]

Leafs seem to have been playing better ,  again,  it's only 3 games.  Last season Calgary started strong and some were eve saying they would be cup contenders . Then the roof fell on them.
    If something like that happens to the Leafs will not recover .
    I said they would get a top 10 but looking at their lineup they are fragile and I think the Bruins get a top 7 pick.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shaunk. Show shaunk's posts

love

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shaunk. Show shaunk's posts

PHIL KESSEL@....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shaunk. Show shaunk's posts

I

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker:[QUOTE]Too good. Bloge Salming does it again. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VI97bPWHUE&feature=player_embedded Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

Ding ding! Who is it ? "Phiiiillllll Keeeeessel" "get out of here before I call the cops!" LoL! The organ kills me as well....

PS. Guess they liken Phanuef to a Tonga island dwelling head hunter Eh ?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

yeah Im watching this game too SanDog, that leafs power-play looks fabulous.. What a move by Kessel too burning that defensemen.

This team looks great, I hope they are brought down to earth

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Too good.

Bloge Salming does it again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VI97bPWHUE&feature=player_embedded

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Good game in NYC tonight.  Leafs are getting beat up by a bigger stronger Ranger team.  But, overall Rangers look a little slow.

I get a kick out of these Leafs commentator's,  Brad Richards to the Leafs for Kaberle.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]I'll give the leafs credit for having a style of play and an identity that they pursued. They seem to be on track, and could be a playoff team if injuries are avoided. They're nasty,physical and will come to play every night - those attributes can't be ignored - it can overcome a lot of deficiencies in other areas. Be careful to dismiss teams that can bring that mindset and commitment.
    Posted by JWensink[/QUOTE]

I hear what you're saying, but there's a pretty clear line between aggressive and stupid.

And both Komiserak and Phaneuf are stupid.  Phaneuf hurt his shoulder  preseason throwing a wild check against somebody.

Not saying the Bruins are aggressive enough.  IMO, they aren't aggressive enough.  Hopefully they'll bring up McGrattan for games v. the Penguins and Leafs and have both Thornton and McGrattan out there at the same time. 
    It's not the 1970's where the Flyers could just beat up the other team and get away with it.

Phaneuf looked awesome to me about 3 years ago, and now it's like that was 13 years ago, he's playing like a frustrated old man.

Komiserak is just plain dumb. Lucic owes him a major beating.  I want to see that when I go 10/28.

So yes, when you are a little short on talent you can be aggressive enough to overcome it, but not when you're really really really short on talent, and really really really aggressive.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker : And just like that guy you went for the glory for the 1000 goal post mark without consideration for you team mates, didn't even give anybody a look-off you went in alone. Selfish I call it.  Selfish.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

Glideresque mind you!  Rangers and Toronto tonight!  Will Toronto go 4 and 0?  Hope the better Swede goalie wins!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

I'll give the leafs credit for having a style of play and an identity that they pursued. They seem to be on track, and could be a playoff team if injuries are avoided. They're nasty,physical and will come to play every night - those attributes can't be ignored - it can overcome a lot of deficiencies in other areas. Be careful to dismiss teams that can bring that mindset and commitment.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]I'll give the leafs credit for having a style of play and an identity that they pursued. They seem to be on track, and could be a playoff team if injuries are avoided. They're nasty,physical and will come to play every night - those attributes can't be ignored - it can overcome a lot of deficiencies in other areas. Be careful to dismiss teams that can bring that mindset and commitment.
    Posted by JWensink[/QUOTE]

Well said Jonny Boy! Funny how once the Leafs sent Kadri down. All the Leaf fans wanted Burke & Wilson's head. It's still a long season, but we certainly don't mind laughing at them when they're terrible. They deserve credit so far with their gangbusters attitude.
    For the most part. I do have a lot of respect for Leaf fans. Not too many teams in the NHL could miss the play-offs for 5 straight yrs & still have a waitng list for tickets. I respect fans that stick around through thick & thin.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker:[QUOTE]I'll give the leafs credit for having a style of play and an identity that they pursued. They seem to be on track, and could be a playoff team if injuries are avoided. They're nasty,physical and will come to play every night - those attributes can't be ignored - it can overcome a lot of deficiencies in other areas. Be careful to dismiss teams that can bring that mindset and commitment. Posted by JWensink[/QUOTE]

I think PC brought in McGrattan because the Rangers, Pens, Flyers and Leafs are gooned up quite a bit. Lets face it for the Bruins to get out of the 2nd round they need to beat physical teams and the Bruins sure don't want Lucic n Chara in the box policing the situation it should be McGrattan and Thornton.

1-0 Rangers over the Leafs!

Sections
Shortcuts