Toronto Record Tracker

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

Re: Toronto Record Tracker

now do you see how kessel is a dif maker,  his 1st goa,l only he could've got,  pure speed to create 2 on 1,  anyone else, the nyr dman wouldve caught and he finshes it....in ot he buries it....he clearly wins you games...wout his 2nd per goal leafs get o pts, wout his ot winner leafs get 1 pt,   4 goals in 4 games plus 2 his team is 4-0 thanks in large pat to him

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Thinking about the draft pick - it's going to be no worse than #20 and it's probably more accurate to say it won't be later than the #15 the Bruins gave up for Horton this year.  Even if the Leafs manage to avoid a crash and burn to make the playoffs, which I'm not conceding for a second, they aren't going to win two playoff rounds and they aren't going to finish above 7th in the conference.  That'll give the Bruins, who will hopefully wreck their own pick by playing well, a mid-round and late round pick.  I can live with that.  My draft theory has always been that more selections is better than fewer when dealing with the variables of 18yr old players.

Again, without conceding anything to the Laffs - a lot had to go right for the Bruins to end up with Seguin last year.  It's asking a lot for everything to go that right again.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

Leafs v Rangers : I watched the first period last  night and Armstrong was getting worked over a bit. Looks like he took it his frustrations on the softest target he could find. Hopefully sparks will fly when they meet up in a couple of weeks. Fighting talk from RC:

"It was a bit of a hit from behind there, and it's no secret that it probably happened because it was Gabby," Callahan said. "We'll take care of that when the time comes."

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=540697

PS You- know-who did look quite dangerous.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker:
    As for the Laff record so far - they've beaten MTL without Cammalleri, a Seniorita team that's been so listless they had to have a closed door players meeting after two games, a Penguin team that struggled to beat the Islanders at home (clearly not finding its groove), and now a Rangers team so disinterested they seemed to shut 'er down when Drury and Gaborik went out.  Take nothing away from them for banking points - hey, you play who the schedule-maker tells you to play - but predictions based on these four games have as much chance of coming true as a coin-op carnival fortune teller has of being right. I do agree with Wensink (usually do on this particular subject) - you have to respect their decision to play an aggressive brand of hockey and build their identity around that style.  I'm gonna guess Wensink will agree in turn when I say it's one thing to play that way when your opponents haven't put up much of a challenge.  It'll be another when they have to face some adversity and start taking a few punches in the mouth.  Well, figurative punches.  Orr already took a nice literal punch.
    Posted by Bookboy007

And Orr was clearly unwilling to tangle with Boogaard last night.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Leafs v Rangers : I watched the first period last  night and Armstrong was getting worked over a bit. Looks like he took it his frustrations on the softest target he could find. Hopefully sparks will fly when they meet up in a couple of weeks. Fighting talk from RC: "It was a bit of a hit from behind there, and it's no secret that it probably happened because it was Gabby," Callahan said. "We'll take care of that when the time comes." http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=540697 PS You- know-who did look quite dangerous.
    Posted by Kurako

armstrong played a horrible game.He got hit a couple of times and became noticibly bad.A couple bad penalties was was all he managed in that game.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

My Take on My Leafs so far (ignore if you're not interested). 1. Fortunate scheduling has helped them get to a good start, albeit they have played hard, they have a fast skating team and the defence and goaltending has been much better then last year.  They caught Montreal, Pittsburg and the Rangers at a good time.  They hammered both Ottawa and Rangers but I don't think either team will do well this year 2. Leafs are much quicker, especially at the forward line and it's helped their transition game as well as their PK.  PP is a lot better with Phaneuf banging in front of the net inside of taking shots that are almost always wide. 3. Leafs are generally small up front.  I think that will take it's toll eventually. They seem willing to take a hit to make a play, but the body can only take so much.  Grabovski, for example, has been getting hammered a lot.  I expect Hanson will come up at some point (he had a great training camp).  I really like Kulemin's game (I think he's going to be real good). 4. Kaberla is on a mission, given it's his contract year.  Pleasantly surprised with his overall play 5. Goaltending has been solid, especially late in the game, but they still give up some easy goals 6. Defence still coughs up the puck a bit too much.  Schenn, Phaneuf and Kaberla have been very good (especially Schenn). Not sure what Burke saw in either Beuchamin (who'm I expected better) and Komiserak, especially how much he's paying these guys.  Gunnerson having a sophmore jink start to the season and looks lost 7. Armstrong and Brown were both good acquisitions as role players 8. Kessel, sorry to say, is flying out there (with the exception of the Pittsburg game where the whole line was bad).  I agree with BadHab, this is the player he should have been with more effort taken on the conditioning side.  I have to say that last year wasn't completely his fault, as he came  back from the shoulder injury without a training camp and never got into good shape a result. Bottom Line.  This team could be in the mix for a playoff spot if they don't suffer any injury to their key players (Kessel, Phaneuf, Schenn, Versteeg). I don't think Macarthur is as good as he's shown.  I expect him to die down and eventually be replaced (Kadri will likely come up at some point).  I actually think this will be a good year for Gustavsson and he will take over #1 next year (Leafs actually have some good depth at goal). Bruin8, God Bless You, but it seems like you're on a mission to p#$@@ everyone off and it's reallly getting tiresome.  Give it a long rest, buddy... My guess at this point is the Leafs grab #8 spot, but it's a thin line from ending up around 10 or 11th as well. P.S.  I really like the Bruins make-up so far this year.  Horton should have a great year, Krecji looks to have recovered well and their defence is a bit better then I'd thought they be.  I'm expecting a huge year from Bergeron. I am NOT expecting a lot from Savard, but that will give Seguin and other kids a chance. Cheers
    Posted by LoveRealHockey

This is a perfect example of how to intelligently discuss Kessel and the Leafs without having it turn into a ridiculous rant.I always enjoy your posts as you seem like an open-minded,knowledgeable,ADULT hockey fan.None of which could be said about Bruins8 and a few others.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

As for the Laff record so far - they've beaten MTL without Cammalleri, a Seniorita team that's been so listless they had to have a closed door players meeting after two games, a Penguin team that struggled to beat the Islanders at home (clearly not finding its groove), and now a Rangers team so disinterested they seemed to shut 'er down when Drury and Gaborik went out.  Take nothing away from them for banking points - hey, you play who the schedule-maker tells you to play - but predictions based on these four games have as much chance of coming true as a coin-op carnival fortune teller has of being right.

I do agree with Wensink (usually do on this particular subject) - you have to respect their decision to play an aggressive brand of hockey and build their identity around that style.  I'm gonna guess Wensink will agree in turn when I say it's one thing to play that way when your opponents haven't put up much of a challenge.  It'll be another when they have to face some adversity and start taking a few punches in the mouth.  Well, figurative punches.  Orr already took a nice literal punch.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

My Take on My Leafs so far (ignore if you're not interested).

1. Fortunate scheduling has helped them get to a good start, albeit they have played hard, they have a fast skating team and the defence and goaltending has been much better then last year.  They caught Montreal, Pittsburg and the Rangers at a good time.  They hammered both Ottawa and Rangers but I don't think either team will do well this year
    2. Leafs are much quicker, especially at the forward line and it's helped their transition game as well as their PK.  PP is a lot better with Phaneuf banging in front of the net inside of taking shots that are almost always wide.
    3. Leafs are generally small up front.  I think that will take it's toll eventually.
    They seem willing to take a hit to make a play, but the body can only take so much.  Grabovski, for example, has been getting hammered a lot.  I expect Hanson will come up at some point (he had a great training camp).  I really like Kulemin's game (I think he's going to be real good).
    4. Kaberla is on a mission, given it's his contract year.  Pleasantly surprised with his overall play
    5. Goaltending has been solid, especially late in the game, but they still give up some easy goals
    6. Defence still coughs up the puck a bit too much.  Schenn, Phaneuf and Kaberla have been very good (especially Schenn). Not sure what Burke saw in either Beuchamin (who'm I expected better) and Komiserak, especially how much he's paying these guys.  Gunnerson having a sophmore jink start to the season and looks lost
    7. Armstrong and Brown were both good acquisitions as role players
    8. Kessel, sorry to say, is flying out there (with the exception of the Pittsburg game where the whole line was bad).  I agree with BadHab, this is the player he should have been with more effort taken on the conditioning side.  I have to say that last year wasn't completely his fault, as he came  back from the shoulder injury without a training camp and never got into good shape a result.

Bottom Line.  This team could be in the mix for a playoff spot if they don't suffer any injury to their key players (Kessel, Phaneuf, Schenn, Versteeg).
    I don't think Macarthur is as good as he's shown.  I expect him to die down and eventually be replaced (Kadri will likely come up at some point).  I actually think this will be a good year for Gustavsson and he will take over #1 next year (Leafs actually have some good depth at goal).

Bruin8, God Bless You, but it seems like you're on a mission to p#$@@ everyone off and it's reallly getting tiresome.  Give it a long rest, buddy...

My guess at this point is the Leafs grab #8 spot, but it's a thin line from ending up around 10 or 11th as well.

P.S.  I really like the Bruins make-up so far this year.  Horton should have a great year, Krecji looks to have recovered well and their defence is a bit better then I'd thought they be.  I'm expecting a huge year from Bergeron.
    I am NOT expecting a lot from Savard, but that will give Seguin and other kids a chance.

Cheers

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

As for the Laff record so far - they've beaten MTL without Cammalleri, a Seniorita team that's been so listless they had to have a closed door players meeting after two games, a Penguin team that struggled to beat the Islanders at home (clearly not finding its groove), and now a Rangers team so disinterested they seemed to shut 'er down when Drury and Gaborik went out.  Take nothing away from them for banking points - hey, you play who the schedule-maker tells you to play - but predictions based on these four games have as much chance of coming true as a coin-op carnival fortune teller has of being right. I do agree with Wensink (usually do on this particular subject) - you have to respect their decision to play an aggressive brand of hockey and build their identity around that style.  I'm gonna guess Wensink will agree in turn when I say it's one thing to play that way when your opponents haven't put up much of a challenge.  It'll be another when they have to face some adversity and start taking a few punches in the mouth.  Well, figurative punches.  Orr already took a nice literal punch.
    Posted by Bookboy007

Note:  It warms my heart when people use the word "literal" correctly, and not just thrown in there for emphasis.

The Bruins are *trying* to get more physical, although it is half hearted.  Wheeler and Ryder have probably thrown more hits already then then they did all last year.  And they have signed McGrattan and Reich.

The Flyers and Bruins games coming up for the Leafs are huge.  As an amateur shrink, I think a confidence shaking sound beating will really hurt the psyche of the Leafs team bad.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

LRH - always welcome.

I didn't realize how much of a punk Colby Armstrong is until he became a Leaf.  I think he might do more harm than good down the line because he's the kind of player who struggles against a disciplined team - and he doesn't have the discipline to take what he dishes it out.  He's another player who hasn't been on a winner his entire career.  He's played all of 5 playoff games.  Pittsburgh dished him and went to the finals.

RHO - there's no cure for the Leaf fan (sorry LRH).  For those who've never experienced Toronto during hockey season, it's like every third drunk on the street on the day after a Leaf win is StanleyCupToTheBruins 2011 on lots of ecstasy and addicted to the Leafs, not the Bruins.  They think the Leafs are Cup-bound after every win, even if that win takes their record to 1-40.  The only thing that changes when they're mathematically eliminated from the playoffs is the mantra becomes "We're going all the way to the Cup NEXT year!".

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Thinking about the draft pick - it's going to be no worse than #20 and it's probably more accurate to say it won't be later than the #15 the Bruins gave up for Horton this year.  Even if the Leafs manage to avoid a crash and burn to make the playoffs, which I'm not conceding for a second, they aren't going to win two playoff rounds and they aren't going to finish above 7th in the conference.  That'll give the Bruins, who will hopefully wreck their own pick by playing well, a mid-round and late round pick.  I can live with that.  My draft theory has always been that more selections is better than fewer when dealing with the variables of 18yr old players. Again, without conceding anything to the Laffs - a lot had to go right for the Bruins to end up with Seguin last year.  It's asking a lot for everything to go that right again.
    Posted by Bookboy007

We easily (easily!) could see the Leafs take a long slide.  They could finish weak rather than start weak like last year.

Look at the standings now, its bizarro world. Toronto and Tampa Bay and Nashville and Dallas leading their divisions.

It's just that the Leafs got off to such a great start last year that my expecations for them are so high this year.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

One of these nights, the Leafs are going to be schooled by some club and for me, it can't come soon enough.  Up here in T. O., the papers and radio are attaching superlatives like "incredible" and "amazing" to the team.  

Some callers are becoming unhinged with "WE'RE GOING ALL THE WAY THIS YEAR, BABY!" being brayed into the sports talk phone-in shows.  Full props to the Leafs for winning their first four games of an 82 game schedule.  Considering they didn't win their fourth game last year until Nov. 21, they're way ahead of their previous pace. 

For the purpose of the Bruins' draft position of the Leaf pick, I'm looking forward to them being brought back down to earth and for the blue and white trumpets around here to be somewhat muted.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

LRH - always welcome. I didn't realize how much of a punk Colby Armstrong is until he became a Leaf.  I think he might do more harm than good down the line because he's the kind of player who struggles against a disciplined team - and he doesn't have the discipline to take what he dishes it out.  He's another player who hasn't been on a winner his entire career.  He's played all of 5 playoff games.  Pittsburgh dished him and went to the finals. RHO - there's no cure for the Leaf fan (sorry LRH).  For those who've never experienced Toronto during hockey season, it's like every third drunk on the street on the day after a Leaf win is StanleyCupToTheBruins 2011 on lots of ecstasy and addicted to the Leafs, not the Bruins.  They think the Leafs are Cup-bound after every win, even if that win takes their record to 1-40.  The only thing that changes when they're mathematically eliminated from the playoffs is the mantra becomes "We're going all the way to the Cup NEXT year!".
    Posted by Bookboy007

BB - Well said, as usual.  I don't place the very logical, knowledgeble and sensible LRH in the frothing-at-the-mouth, lost all sense of reality category like some of the folks I've heard on the sports talk shows and frankly, some media-talking heads up here. 

The Leaf Cup drought is longer than the Bruins' quest.  Their club finished 29th last year and are now off to their best four-game start to a season since they began 10-0 seventeen years ago with Pat Burns. 

I don't begrudge Leaf Nation for their feeling of having good reason to be elated at their team's early season success.  I'm just comparing the situation to when the Bruins were running away with the Eastern Conference and flirting with the top spot in the over-all league standings two years ago, I got the sense there was a let's wait and see vibe to it all instead of the full-blown, fever-pitch, blue and white, Leaf media juggernaut that seems to be all over right now.  Just a thought.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

The Leafs are the real deal. Since they made the big Phaneuf/Giggy trades last January, they've been on a playoff pace.
    Posted by LeafFan

They win 3 games and look what starts crawling out of the woodwork.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

OMG!!!! Who cares, can we end this? Toronto is most likely not going to be in the bottom 5 of the league

The TML are run by school teachers. We think we have it bad with Jacobs, the franchise up in Toronto is 5x worse.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

All of you know where this is headed.  Toronto will be looking for win #9 when they head to Boston, and it will be up to the Bruins to break their momentum and send them into a tailspin, much like the Sharks did to the Bruins two years ago. I can dream, can't I?
    Posted by DrCC

Not a dream at all.  The odds are that someone will be able to beat the Leafs this year, unlikely as that may sound to some people. 

An example from recent history, Bruins were a playoff team last year.  And the Bruins had a horrible drought last January-Feb.  Such things happen.  It could happen to the playoff bound Leafs, too.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

All of you know where this is headed.  Toronto will be looking for win #9 when they head to Boston, and it will be up to the Bruins to break their momentum and send them into a tailspin, much like the Sharks did to the Bruins two years ago.

I can dream, can't I?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from LeafFan. Show LeafFan's posts

The Leafs are the real deal. Since they made the big Phaneuf/Giggy trades last January, they've been on a playoff pace.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from LeafFan. Show LeafFan's posts

In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker : They win 3 games and look what starts crawling out of the woodwork.
    Posted by mikzor

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

My Take on My Leafs so far (ignore if you're not interested). 1. Fortunate scheduling has helped them get to a good start, albeit they have played hard, they have a fast skating team and the defence and goaltending has been much better then last year.  They caught Montreal, Pittsburg and the Rangers at a good time.  They hammered both Ottawa and Rangers but I don't think either team will do well this year 2. Leafs are much quicker, especially at the forward line and it's helped their transition game as well as their PK.  PP is a lot better with Phaneuf banging in front of the net inside of taking shots that are almost always wide. 3. Leafs are generally small up front.  I think that will take it's toll eventually. They seem willing to take a hit to make a play, but the body can only take so much.  Grabovski, for example, has been getting hammered a lot.  I expect Hanson will come up at some point (he had a great training camp).  I really like Kulemin's game (I think he's going to be real good). 4. Kaberla is on a mission, given it's his contract year.  Pleasantly surprised with his overall play 5. Goaltending has been solid, especially late in the game, but they still give up some easy goals 6. Defence still coughs up the puck a bit too much.  Schenn, Phaneuf and Kaberla have been very good (especially Schenn). Not sure what Burke saw in either Beuchamin (who'm I expected better) and Komiserak, especially how much he's paying these guys.  Gunnerson having a sophmore jink start to the season and looks lost 7. Armstrong and Brown were both good acquisitions as role players 8. Kessel, sorry to say, is flying out there (with the exception of the Pittsburg game where the whole line was bad).  I agree with BadHab, this is the player he should have been with more effort taken on the conditioning side.  I have to say that last year wasn't completely his fault, as he came  back from the shoulder injury without a training camp and never got into good shape a result. Bottom Line.  This team could be in the mix for a playoff spot if they don't suffer any injury to their key players (Kessel, Phaneuf, Schenn, Versteeg). I don't think Macarthur is as good as he's shown.  I expect him to die down and eventually be replaced (Kadri will likely come up at some point).  I actually think this will be a good year for Gustavsson and he will take over #1 next year (Leafs actually have some good depth at goal). Bruin8, God Bless You, but it seems like you're on a mission to p#$@@ everyone off and it's reallly getting tiresome.  Give it a long rest, buddy... My guess at this point is the Leafs grab #8 spot, but it's a thin line from ending up around 10 or 11th as well. P.S.  I really like the Bruins make-up so far this year.  Horton should have a great year, Krecji looks to have recovered well and their defence is a bit better then I'd thought they be.  I'm expecting a huge year from Bergeron. I am NOT expecting a lot from Savard, but that will give Seguin and other kids a chance. Cheers
    Posted by LoveRealHockey

Yes, I am also thankful for intelligent things said on this thread.

Last night v. the Rangers I saw a horrible cough up fro kaberle I believe it was, I was surprised.  No one on him, no pressure and he gave it straight up to a Ranger like 15 feet in front of him, outright mishandled the puck.

I've been dying to say this for a while, it's as if no one in the league is looking at the Leafs game tapes and taking it for granted that they will be push overs.

I can't condone Avery chopping away at Komiserak (altho I hate both players), but Avery was on the right track.  It seems it takes very little to get Komiserak and Phaneuf unhinged.  Again, you can depend on komiserak doing something totally and incredibly stupid, like that totally uncalled for cross check.

A weird thing about Phaneuf, he seems to get the calls going his way like the Crosby and Ovie types, yet he's clearly not one of those guys and his game doesn't deserve the kid glove treatment.  It's early in the season and it just might be the luck of the draw, but he's been getting away with a lot and not much called against him.

I am going to the Leafs game on the 28th, and I would feel so warm and fuzzy inside if Chara went at it with Phaneuf and pounded him into the ice, and if Lucic knocks Komiserak into a coma.

Looking at the Leafs just seems to me like looking at a building with a really weakened structure and you just wonder how long can this thing keep standing and not fall down on its own.  Then add weight to it  - and it keeps standing...  Yah there are a few good pieces in there, but not enough to make me feel confident  they can handle load over time.  Just has amazed me so far really - just HOW can this thing keep upright?

Like I said, not enough studying the game film.  Find the good pieces and take them out of the picture.  The suspect pieces, all you have to do is rattle them and they will over react (komi and Phaneuf), and no reason to worry about the weak pieces, they'll take care of themselves.

Their PK and PP *look* REALLY predictable to me.  I haven't studied it that much, but I just get struck with how boring it is, no movement whatever that makes me think, 'hey that was good.'  That impression leads me to think that something is really weak about their PP and PK.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Thinking about the draft pick - it's going to be no worse than #20 and it's probably more accurate to say it won't be later than the #15 the Bruins gave up for Horton this year. 

Even if the Leafs manage to avoid a crash and burn to make the playoffs, which I'm not conceding for a second, they aren't going to win two playoff rounds and they aren't going to finish above 7th in the conference. 

That'll give the Bruins, who will hopefully wreck their own pick by playing well, a mid-round and late round pick.  I can live with that.  My draft theory has always been that more selections is better than fewer when dealing with the variables of 18yr old players. Posted by Bookboy007

Chiarelli will still have plenty to dangle if he wants to move up n grab the Dman he might covet Clendening, Murphy, Harrington, Hamilton or Seimens. Two 1st rounders plus two 2nd rounders (Wild's which might be high) plus a prospect could fetch the Bruins a real good player I preffer a winger.

a 4-0 start does not gaurantee anything certainly not a playoff spot. If The Bruins end up with left winger Matt Puempel I will personally drive to Wisconsin in the offseaon to thank Phillparazzi!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stanleycomehome. Show Stanleycomehome's posts

In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker : Is that your fat a ss doing a disservice to the #33?  Lay off the donuts!!! What's this crap your trying to make us believe about naming your kid after Tyler Seguin?  It's not like we don't know that your lover on Toronto now has a centre that just happens to be named TYLER as in Tyler Bozak.
    Posted by winexpos

Think the kid is named tyler after the actual father,thus the hatred for seguin.   No one can call themselves a bruins fan and actually hope their players fail

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Who's better equipped to sustain injuries ? For awhile last year the Bruins #1 pick was about to look better than the Leafs #1 (ten losses in a row). Give it time a couple of losses in a row to a young team like that then the Lufas will unravel.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

It's called the honeymoon. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

OMG!!!! Who cares, can we end this? Toronto is most likely not going to be in the bottom 5 of the league The TML are run by school teachers. We think we have it bad with Jacobs, the franchise up in Toronto is 5x worse.
    Posted by bluefox70

And why school teachers not police, fire, or even better corporate undertakers in the banking world.  What?  Stick with the story morning glory!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Who's better equipped to sustain injuries ? For awhile last year the Bruins #1 pick was about to look better than the Leafs #1 (ten losses in a row). Give it time a couple of losses in a row to a young team like that then the Lufas will unravel.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

I disagree, I think more than a couple of losses - or - one humiliating loss could do it to them.

And not just the young kids.  Komiserak and Phaneuf have issues.

Sections
Shortcuts