Toronto Record Tracker

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Re: Toronto Record Tracker

In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker:
    [QUOTE]OMG!!!! Who cares, can we end this? Toronto is most likely not going to be in the bottom 5 of the league The TML are run by school teachers. We think we have it bad with Jacobs, the franchise up in Toronto is 5x worse.
    Posted by bluefox70[/QUOTE]

And why school teachers not police, fire, or even better corporate undertakers in the banking world.  What?  Stick with the story morning glory!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Yeah c'mon, that team is a house of cards.  I like their defensmen, but then it's questionable depth, questionable goaltending, and a ton of youth to freak out when things get tough.  This start has been impressive, but will just make the hysteria that much more...hysterical...when things fall apart.  And they will...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Who's better equipped to sustain injuries ? For awhile last year the Bruins #1 pick was about to look better than the Leafs #1 (ten losses in a row). Give it time a couple of losses in a row to a young team like that then the Lufas will unravel.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]Who's better equipped to sustain injuries ? For awhile last year the Bruins #1 pick was about to look better than the Leafs #1 (ten losses in a row). Give it time a couple of losses in a row to a young team like that then the Lufas will unravel.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

It's called the honeymoon. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shaunk. Show shaunk's posts

Hey Bookboy, you forgot about the post trade deadline 'push for the playoffs,'  where the Leafs win 2-4 games in a row and say every night that there still hoping, pushing for the playoffs, only to find themselves in 10th place at the end of the season.  all the Leafs fans getting pretty fired up about that.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Leafs just have  favorable schedule.  Started with Montreal missing their best forward and defence.  The rest of the teams they played have problems  . Sens, Pens ...
    Now they play Isles and Rangers at home again. 2 more easy wins.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

Stupid penalty from Versteeg. Hope the Isles give em what's coming in the 3rd. I'm off. It's way past my bed time.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker : Actually I believe they can and will.  If the Flyers don't get to them first.  Bruins (as an organization) have a vested interest in the Leafs demise. Look at last year's game vs. the Leafs, what was the score?  26,27,28 to 1 or something like that?
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

They see what they got in Seguin and guys that are there long term ,  it's an incentive to kick Leaf butt.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker : Chiarelli will still have plenty to dangle if he wants to move up n grab the Dman he might covet Clendening, Murphy, Harrington, Hamilton or Seimens. Two 1st rounders plus two 2nd rounders (Wild's which might be high) plus a prospect could fetch the Bruins a real good player I preffer a winger. a 4-0 start does not gaurantee anything certainly not a playoff spot. If The Bruins end up with left winger Matt Puempel I will personally drive to Wisconsin in the offseaon to thank Phillparazzi!
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

If the 2011 draft runs true to form, and they want to draft D, it wouldn't take much to move into the right range - think where Fowler and Gormley ended up.  And Fowler looks like he wants to make a few teams feel pretty stupid.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker : They see what they got in Seguin and guys that are there long term ,  it's an incentive to kick Leaf butt.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

What I meant was, I'm sure the players aren't thinking about the draft pick, I'm sure they are just concerned about keeping their jobs.

A friend of mine was at a Bruin meet and greet a million years ago and bought Raycroft a beer and started talking to him.  He mentioned that he read a rumor about the Bruins bringing in someone and Raycroft blurted out "I hope not!"

But if I'm PC, I'm sending word out that the leafs games are critical win games.  Another good draft pick out of this puts this team in a very (very!) sweet spot.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Matt Moulson with a Powerplay goal for the Islanders 1-0. Matt is continuing his great story form last year. Great back n forth game so far.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Roloson looks good.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I like allot of other posters on here were shocked that PC didn't take either Fowler or Gormley but as you pointed out Book trades and plucking Dmen from either Big Ten college campuses or the McQuaids n Boychuks out of other organizations whom are floundering in the minors.

Crud as I was typing that the Lufas might have tied the score going to the replay booth here comes the jeopardy theme...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Roloson just made some spectacular saves against the Leafs already. Islanders forechecking is nowhere right now Toronto is having their way with NY.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

What a great game poor Roloson finally gave up a goal going to OT. Can't wait to see the highlight reel on Dwayne Roloson he had to play out of his head in this one.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Nice, lol.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Just had a look at the schedule and opposite from last year, Leafs schedule ends pretty tough.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Wow, that kid's got a lively shot.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Glad to see that the Leafs can't go 82-0 now.
    Gotta be demoralizing for the Leafs - hot goalie and true to form a couple of idiotic penalties by the Leafs.

Looks like Wilson is bent out of shape because he though Tavares handled the puck - and he didn't.  If it were me, I would chew them out for the stupid penalties.  The one in OT gave the game away.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stanleycomehome. Show Stanleycomehome's posts

I know it stinks that leafs are 4-0-1  but thankfully the other teams that most pundits believe are gonna be at bottom of conferance also have gotten off to good starts so they really havent seperated themselves from teams like atl and nyi. Think we all know that teams like the new jersey and buffalo will find their game.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Right through Roloson *grumble*

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattymcgee55. Show mattymcgee55's posts

Leafs very nearly won in regulation, if Martinek didnt block that shot as time was expiring the Laffs would be 5-0. 

The NHL will quickly return to order and the Leafs will be under .500 by Christmas.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Roloson should have gotten the win in regulation but gets the win in OT. Laffs still undefeated in regulation though who would have thought. Funny Versteeg missed chance after chance tonight two one on ones fanned on one of them.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

[QUOTE]I watched during Bruins commercials and in between periods.  2-1, 40 seconds to go.  Leafs call time out.  Then they don't even get it into the Rangers end for the rest of the game.  Rangers almost score on an empty net, but get called offsides.  The Leafs then manage to ice the puck with the goalie pulled and the face off comes back to their end for the last 5 seconds. Leafs are looking pretty stinky again.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

YAY!

I didn't watch the game, but interesting

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

The Leafs are in tough tonight.  They're in Philly and coming off an unimpressive effort against the Rangers at home Thursday. 

BTW, Legion.  The cover of yesterday's Toronto Sun sports section did blare the headline 'Another loss, Bozak glued to bench, it looks like...PARTY'S OVER."

Sections
Shortcuts