Toronto Record Tracker

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Re: Toronto Record Tracker

In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker:
    [QUOTE]The soap opera continues " As the Leafs Turn " .. Burke comes to the defense of another one of his prime acquisitions before the fans lynch him alive?  Stay tuned more to come as next episode will be " Looking out for Mr Kessel- Part Two " http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=339620
    Posted by cowboys9[/QUOTE]

hey!  I said that already!

Meanwhile, back at the ranch... saw last 12 mins of 1st period Leafs  Sens tonight.  Komi hooks a guy on a breakaway and penalty shot - so Sens are up 1-0.

But better than losing - Leafs are not looking good.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

The soap opera continues " As the Leafs Turn " .. Burke comes to the defense of another one of his prime acquisitions before the fans lynch him alive?  Stay tuned more to come as next episode will be " Looking out for Mr Kessel- Part Two "

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=339620

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

Considering some of the poor Leaf teams that have been around over the years, its hard to believe the last time Toronto was shut out in back-to-back games was back in the 1925 season. 

One of the clubs to blank them was...the Boston Bruins.  (The Leafs broke their goaless streak the game after the second shut out losing 2-1.  Just heard it today.)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Phaneuf injured.  Not surprised, he's been throwing his body around stupidly and altho this injury wasn't his own fault, his odds of getting hurt are doubled.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]Glad the subject of Versteeg has come up.  I've said all along that he was a product of his environment in Chicago, and, while I won't say he's proving my point just yet, I feel pretty confident.  Maybe that big black smudge some put of Chiapet's resume because of that trade can be downgrades to a smaller, grayer smudge?  I mean, it's a smudge.  He acquired Brandon Bochenski.  But still.
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

Good ,  okay scorer. In Chicago played a checking role, killing penalties and didn't have to worry about the other teams best defenders and checkers (like I said earlier).
    In the end he's probably a better player than Bochenski but that trade I've said it so many times you cannot pin it solely on Chiarelli,  it was not his guys, scouts and men down in Providence that gave PC the scouting report on Versteeg.  At the time it looked like a good deal as Bochenski was sought to have more talent. 
    BB, I read your posts on this and agree with 100%.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

burke says that leafs faithful booing phaneuf is "disgraceful"

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=339620

good times are back again.  Kaberle needs to pipe up again and Wilson has to have a public tantrum against Kessel and then Komiserak should get thrown in jail for a dui and I'll be happier.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

wow ! I turned away from Habs game and just like that's 3-0 !  shoot!!!  Spezza just missed on a break-away!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SeguinMyTime. Show SeguinMyTime's posts

[QUOTE]burke says that leafs faithful booing phaneuf is "disgraceful" http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=339620 good times are back again.  Kaberle needs to pipe up again and Wilson has to have a public tantrum against Kessel and then Komiserak should get thrown in jail for a dui and I'll be happier.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

Classic, Laggs wind up 4-78-0 haha

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

The Sens' lead came courtesy of a Mike Fisher penalty shot.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker : Sens are in a bad spot also and if their goaltending doesn't play well you'll be seeing "that guy" scoring on them. Leafs are kind of lucky along with the Habs on this early schedule.  Playing teams that are struggling. Next games for LEAFS,  Sens and Sabres Habs , Blue Jackets, Sabres and Sens again !
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]
    When you're coming off of being 29th in the league, there are no soft games.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

With just under 7 minutes to go in the second, its now Sens 3, Leafs 0.  Is the joint ever quiet.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

With just over 5 minutes left in the second, its now Sens 3, Leafs 0.  The joint is silent, folks. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker : Legion - Bro, you're witnessing the atmosphere that most of us have seen for years.  Its the Leaf "corporate" downtown suit crowd.  If a fan were to stand up and yell something, they'd look at them as if they shouted a curse word in a library. 
    Posted by RichmondHillOntario[/QUOTE]

Close but no cigar.
    Just heard Wilson and seems like Phaneuf got a cut on his leg.  For sure  will not play in Washington tomorrow but they cannot say how long he'll be out.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker : Silent you saw !!!!  OMG you can hear the players on the bench talking.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

Legion - Bro, you're witnessing the atmosphere that most of us have seen for years.  Its the Leaf "corporate" downtown suit crowd.  If a fan were to stand up and yell something, they'd look at them as if they shouted a curse word in a library. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Nice time for Ottawa to play Toronto.  They were desperate for some wins.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

3-0 uh oh.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Aw, I was hoping the shut-out streak would last until next week.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

I agree with everyone who says this guy is overated. I've been telling my buddy's that for the past 2 or 3 years now. But don't kid yourselves his 24 min. a night will be badly missed if this is a long term thing.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]Music to my ears this evening gents while listening to the Leafs-Sens game on Sirius radio the Toronto 640 Leafs announcer proclaims "Colton Orr heading to the penalty box with the Leafs down 3-0 things couldn't get much worse!" Umm actually as far as I'm concerned sure they could Phanuef could be gone for an extended period of time if not the year that's not asking to much is it ? Elliot robs Grabovski as I'm typing this Yes!
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Wishing injury on an opponent is bad karma.* Besides, Phaneuf blows. I don't mind seeing him out there. No coincidence that Toronto scored twice after he left.

* with the exception of scumbuckets like Matt Cooke.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

It's the sound of the Maple Leafs melting....  melting.... melting!!!!  The beautiful wickedness is melting!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker : Wishing injury on an opponent is bad karma.* Besides, Phaneuf blows. I don't mind seeing him out there. No coincidence that Toronto scored twice after he left. * with the exception of scumbuckets like Matt Cooke.
    Posted by duinne[/QUOTE]

I feel the same way, I think Phaneuf actually hurts the team at times.  Altho they are so weak that losing anybody from their lineup hurts.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Leafs ,  keep your heads up tomorrow night, the Russian machine will be buzzing around.
    I think Phanef is lucky being out,  Ovy has had it in for him since that WJC in 2005.Team Canada had Phaneuf , Bergeron , Crosby, Getzlaf, Richards and Carter.  One game Phanuef hit Ovy hard and then I think Bergeron's hit took Ovy out of the game.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Not liking the signs of life at the end, but still a good night for Bruins fans with Leafs and Canadiens loosing.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]With just over 5 minutes left in the second, its now Sens 3, Leafs 0.  The joint is silent, folks. 
    Posted by RichmondHillOntario[/QUOTE]

Silent you saw !!!!  OMG you can hear the players on the bench talking.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 306bruinsfan. Show 306bruinsfan's posts

The hockey world has finally righted itself.  Leafs are back to their losing ways!