Toronto Record Tracker

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Re: Toronto Record Tracker

Is it just me, or do the Leafs score the first goal weirdly often?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Sweet.  The Canes are just 4 wins back of the Leafs, plus they have played one less game than the Leafs.  The overall #1 just may happen.

The Canes came back from 3-0 tonight to tie it, but lost in the shoot out.  From what I saw on the highlights of the NHL network, they have it going on.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

Xmas break, and assuming there is no surprise winner of the lottery, B's would get 2nd overall pick.

So far so good...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

Check out TSN.ca they may be streaming the game online for free........they have in the past.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

LOL Dawg,  you should have been in Boston for New Years .
    I'm watching this game also and as soon as , I think his name is Cole,  said " The Monster is hot tonite . " BANG !  two fast goals , LOL. 

Now going to catch some junior hockey GO U.S.A !!!
    playing the Finns. Should be a good one.
    Can you believe the Russians !!!!!  The Swiss ???

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

LMAO , really funny clip above.
    Watch it before editers delete it. Already deleted from pauly1's original entry.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups-7. Show soups-7's posts

Cormier is a NJ draft pick.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

2-0 Habs 9:00 minutes left in the 2nd. Kessel +/- -1 11Min TOI 2 Shots. Markov makes the Canadians a whole different team.

Ha Ha Kessel misses a wide open net with 6 seconds left what a wiff !

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

Just getting off topic a little. Canes v Avalanche seems to be a boxing match. Just flicked over and 42 penalty mins in the 1st. Laffs Sabres is sending me to sleep.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I like those odds BadHab!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Picks will look good after tonight Miller and the Sabres have not lost to the Laffs this year. Carolina already up 1-0 on the Avalanche.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

1-0 Sabres!  Love it!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Old time hockey.  Flyers 6, Leafs 2.  3 fights in the third.  No Phil Kessel, my God does he ever look lame out there.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

A must see tonite TOR-PHILLY.  It'll be a dandy.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

Leafs not going quietly.  Now 3-2 Sabres with 2:36 to go in the third.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Pens up 4-1 with about 10 Minutes left. 16 Min TOI 4 shots 0 Goals for Phil!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

Whoa. Hockey Central dudes are really letting rip. Back to the Canes for me. Whitney has 2.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Worst case scenario I see is that the Leafs finish 5th worst overall, and I still like their odds of finishing last overall.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThisIsBruinsCountry. Show ThisIsBruinsCountry's posts

I admit I was pretty pissed when Kessel left.  I figured you don't sign Morris, Recchi, Begin, and pay Kessel.  But he must be a complete dirt bag in the locker room.  

From Yahoo Sports News & Notes:

"Jan 7 Leafs' coach Ron Wilson singled out Kessel for criticism after Thursday's practice, according to multiple reports from Toronto, including the Toronto Star.

Recommendation: "He hasn't played well the last 10 games," said Wilson. "I can single out a bunch of guys, but he's our best player and a lot of times that needs to be the message." Wilson also called out his entire team in front of the media saying they just don't compete hard enough. Kessel, who has just a single goal in his last 10 games, ducked reporters after practice saying he didn't want to talk. Wilson's antics are likely an effort to simply amp up the team; Kessel will rebound."

Already ducking the Toronto media and being called out by the coach?  I checked out his stats, he's a minus 2 and has a bunch of negative's game to game.   I am convinced, it was never a money thing with this guy.  Really, If I'm the B's Brass, Morris doesn't need to be signed, nor Rhecci, or Begin, though I am a big Begin fan.  He must just be a flat out hick punk from the mid west.  

No real point to my story, but I truly hope we dumped some picks and pick up Ilya..  I just showed you $5 million already I'd save to put towards his contract.  Maybe the rest comes from the Stuart's, Krechi, Sturm, whoever else you toss in the deal.  I'd for sure dump Widemans albatross for .10 cents on the dollar and use that dough toward the rest.  There, 8-10 mill.  in cap space.  I'd be comfortable with youngsters like Boychuck and Hunwick being top 5 guys.  They can't be any worse playing top 2 shift hockey than Wideman, Ferrance, or Morris.  There's 2 million more, bye Ferrance.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

3-1 Sabres with about 16Minutes left. Yah Ruutu and Tucker went at it early in the game. Missed all the other fights though darn it.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

Make that 2-0 Sabres! 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Philly is up 3-0 at the 2nd Intermission. Hate having to route for the Flyers but tonight will have to do. Al Morganti sighting on CSN Sports haven't seen that guy in a long time.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

How does Gonchar score at 1444 mark and at the same time get a penalty for hooking at 1444 ?  Looks funny,  no ?

14:44Sergei Gonchar (power-play)
    Assists: Evgeni Malkin, Bill Guerin

14:44Sergei GoncharHooking

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

SanDog - Buddy, the word is "Loafs."

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

The way it was explained between periods on HNIC, is as follows... Since it is possible to have a goal scored and then someone does something that warrants a penalty and is sent to the box, a player is not allowed a "free shot" in the play following a missed goal. This prevents someone that is sure they scored go and take someones head off, because they know it will be called back.
       The reason the penalty shot was taken away, is because unlike a goal and a penaltyat the same time, it is not possible to have two goals scored at the same time.