Toronto Record Tracker

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from cymbolicnoise. Show cymbolicnoise's posts

Re: Toronto Record Tracker

The Bruins future looks very bright.
    They have a goaile rask, bergy, caron, seguin, cloburn, kamfer, wheels, horton, and a slew of  others that we haven't seen yet.  but they need to skate, this team has a hard time skating for 60min. they need to pick up the pace.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

^Good points. However, they are, imo, one, most likely two 25-30-ish goal wingers away from being a really strong force (not that they aren't now). If Savy is on the shelf for the rest of the year, I expect PC to use that 4-4.5M in cap space to improve the team. I keep hearing this "Chris Phillips" talk, he's a good defensemen, but really has no offensive game what so ever. We have too many of these guys (See Stuart, Ference, McQuaid, and even Boychuk at times this year). It'd be a much better use, imo, to see if you can get 1-2 20+ goal wingers or even an upgrade as an offensive defensemen. The challenge, however, will be to best use the $4-4.5M they have in cap space, if in fact Savy is on the shelf for the rest of the year.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

Leafs are down 4-1 mid-way through the second in Buffalo.  During "Coach's Corner," Don Cherry criticized Ference for his views regading Paille's hit last Thursday. 

He said Ference shouldn't have made the comments he did calling it a bad hit and that sort of thing can "bring down" the dressing room.  Cherry implied today's loss to the Sharks may have been a result of Ference's words.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Sweet.  Leafs down 5-1 to the Sabres who are just above them in the standings.  This is the easiest part of the Leafs schedule this year where they are playing the bottom feeders the most

02/07/11 Leafs Atlanta  
    02/08/11 Leafs at NY Islanders   *
    02/10/11 Leafs New Jersey *
    02/12/11 Leafs at Montreal  
    02/15/11 Leafs at Boston    
    02/16/11 Leafs at Buffalo   *
    02/19/11 Leafs Ottawa *
    02/22/11 Leafs NY Islanders *

Then after that I think the Leafs is a lot tougher.

02/24/11 Leafs at Montreal    
    02/26/11 Leafs Pittsburgh  
    02/27/11 Leafs at Atlanta    
    03/02/11 Leafs Pittsburgh  
    03/03/11 Leafs at Philadelphia    
    03/05/11 Leafs Chicago  
    03/08/11 Leafs at NY Islanders   *
    03/10/11 Leafs Philadelphia  
    03/12/11 Leafs Buffalo *
    03/14/11 Leafs Tampa Bay  
    03/16/11 Leafs at Carolina    
    03/22/11 Leafs at Minnesota    
    03/24/11 Leafs at Colorado  
    03/26/11 Leafs at Detroit  
    03/29/11 Leafs Buffalo *
    04/02/11 Leafs at Ottawa   *
    04/05/11 Leafs Washington  
    04/06/11 Leafs at New Jersey   *
    04/09/11 Leafs Montreal  

I think the next month is going to determine a lot about where the Leafs finally end up.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker:
    [QUOTE]Leafs are down 4-1 mid-way through the second in Buffalo.  During "Coach's Corner," Don Cherry criticized Ference for his views regading Paille's hit last Thursday.  He said Ference shouldn't have made the comments he did calling it a bad hit and that sort of thing can "bring down" the dressing room.  Cherry implied today's loss to the Sharks may have been a result of Ference's words.
    Posted by RichmondHillOntario[/QUOTE]

I agree with Don Cherry.. and tonite on CBC 2nd period Hot Stove , Milbury did the same.. so did Kypreos, heard Brad May, coach Doug MacLean and a few others say the same thing... You don't call out a team mate in any sport and divide the room..  Can all these people be wrong on their point of view.. They have been in dressing rooms in NHL... Apparently Paille is not too pleased with Ference for backstabbing him.. which it seems is Ference style.. Just like he helped manouvre Paul Kelly's ouster from the NHLPA.. 

Time to move him PC.. this guy is turning into a disease in the locker room..

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]Sweet.  Leafs down 5-1 to the Sabres who are just above them in the standings.  This is the easiest part of the Leafs schedule this year where they are playing the bottom feeders the most 02/07/11 Leafs Atlanta   02/08/11 Leafs at NY Islanders   * 02/10/11 Leafs New Jersey * 02/12/11 Leafs at Montreal   02/15/11 Leafs at Boston     02/16/11 Leafs at Buffalo   * 02/19/11 Leafs Ottawa * 02/22/11 Leafs NY Islanders * Then after that I think the Leafs is a lot tougher. 02/24/11 Leafs at Montreal     02/26/11 Leafs Pittsburgh   02/27/11 Leafs at Atlanta     03/02/11 Leafs Pittsburgh   03/03/11 Leafs at Philadelphia     03/05/11 Leafs Chicago   03/08/11 Leafs at NY Islanders   * 03/10/11 Leafs Philadelphia   03/12/11 Leafs Buffalo * 03/14/11 Leafs Tampa Bay   03/16/11 Leafs at Carolina     03/22/11 Leafs at Minnesota     03/24/11 Leafs at Colorado   03/26/11 Leafs at Detroit   03/29/11 Leafs Buffalo * 04/02/11 Leafs at Ottawa   * 04/05/11 Leafs Washington   04/06/11 Leafs at New Jersey   * 04/09/11 Leafs Montreal   I think the next month is going to determine a lot about where the Leafs finally end up.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

The Devils are a team that has a realistic shot at passing the Leafs.  They're at it again, leading the Habs 3-1 with just under 6 minutes left in regulation.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker : The Devils are a team that has a realistic shot at passing the Leafs.  They're at it again, leading the Habs 3-1 with just under 6 minutes left in regulation.
    Posted by RichmondHillOntario[/QUOTE]
    The Devils are a better team than the Leafs so I expect them to eventually pass them in the standings.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker : The Devils are a better team than the Leafs so I expect them to eventually pass them in the standings.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Broduer is hurt again.  When is Parise coming back ?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]Now only if Ottawa could grow a pair and put the puck in the net once in a while...or win a game. Looking more & more likely like the #5 pick, and Dougie Hamilton (sigh...). Not that I have anything against Hamilton, but I think an offensive forward is needed MUCH more than a d-man (Larsson would be the exception, but he's not going past the top 2). If we could get into the #3 or even the #4 spot, we'd likely walk away with Couturier or Landeskog.
    Posted by Hockguy0818[/QUOTE]

Even if th Leafs finish 5th last we'll still get the 1st pick - the karma gods just want to screw with Burke, so they'll win the lottery.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan084evr. Show bruinsfan084evr's posts

kessel STARTS GAME gets a pen,in the first 2min of the alt game atl scores on the pp ,kane ,BIG BUFF   scores late in the 1st on the PP 2..0 ATL. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

WoW I turn on the Rangers game for a few minutes Atlanta lets up two goals. 3-2 Thrashers cmon Buff pick it up!

PS. Legion, Parise is not due back until March.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]WoW I turn on the Rangers game for a few minutes Atlanta lets up two goals. 3-2 Thrashers cmon Buff pick it up! PS. Legion, Parise is not due back until March.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Dawg, its tied 3-3 going into the third.  Its like "Kessel Central" up here, man.  Lately, he's been in the news more for what's going on off-ice than on. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

One of you Toronto people have to tell me what the deal is.  3-3 Thrashers, start of the 3rd period and there are like 1.3 billion empty seats rinkside.  With all this stuff about how blind lemming the Leafs fans are, and how popular hockey allegedly is in Ontario  .... so what's with all the seats with no buts in them?

I mean, I thought hte game was in Atlanta.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

Wow! Bfuglien gets a massive assist on the Leafs' go ahead goal by Kulemin.  4-3 Leafs early in the third.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

Make that 5-4 Leafs with under 8 minutes left in regulation.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

Atl did the Bruins no favours tonight losing 5-4. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

Crap. Well, hopefully Toronto will lose, NJD will continue their winning ways, and teams like NYI & Ottawa will grow a pair and start actually winning games. I still haven't given up hope that we can make it out with Sean Couturier! IMO, he's the most complete player in this draft. Landeskog would be nice as well.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

[QUOTE]One of you Toronto people have to tell me what the deal is.  3-3 Thrashers, start of the 3rd period and there are like 1.3 billion empty seats rinkside.  With all this stuff about how blind lemming the Leafs fans are, and how popular hockey allegedly is in Ontario  .... so what's with all the seats with no buts in them? I mean, I thought hte game was in Atlanta.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

Hey Bad, the reason that is , is because ,  in Toronto those rink side seats are often called ``Gucci seats` by the Leaf diehards.. mostly those are taken by the corporate big wigs, lawyers , docs, prices range around $175- $250 per seat.. I have sat in those seats..only when Bruins come to town though...

The Gucci`s are not allowed to take their seats once the period starts and they are just  coming back from having their latte`s or espresso`s... Very chique! They have to wait for stoppage in play before being allowed to take their seats and wait in the corridor, honest... They could very well miss the first 5 minutes of a period or longer..  They don`t care.. They are there to be seen and not watch hockey...especially these imposters posing as a hockey team..

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

[QUOTE]Crap. Well, hopefully Toronto will lose, NJD will continue their winning ways, and teams like NYI & Ottawa will grow a pair and start actually winning games. I still haven't given up hope that we can make it out with Sean Couturier! IMO, he's the most complete player in this draft. Landeskog would be nice as well.
    Posted by Hockguy0818[/QUOTE]
    The consolation during this streak is that while the Leafs have been winning, most of the teams ahead of them have kept pace (Florida is getting close though), the Islanders have kept pace, and the Devils are catching up.  All this together makes pick #5 still look very likely, and maintains hope that another team could pass them in the standings.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Mercy Toronto has two shots with two goals cmon Okposo!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

At least the Devils won and keeping pace with the Leafs.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

The more Toronto wins the more Chiarelli will get the itch to trade.

Leafs leading in the 2nd 1-0

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

NJ has tied the game 1-1 early in the third.  A certain #81 is still scoreless although he did provide a nice set-up for the Leaf goal by Kulemin.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Kovalchuk with the game winner in OT he's been heating up stay hot Ilya.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

This is too funny:  http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/Phil-Kessel-Missing-posters-will-likely-not-pl;_ylt=AvCEG9fKIJ4TCRVAViA1TM97vLYF?urn=nhl-319897