Toronto Record Tracker

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Re: Toronto Record Tracker

In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker:
    [QUOTE]Those bloody Habs are laying down at home to the Leafs tonight to the tune of 3-0 with 1:18 to go in the second period! 
    Posted by RichmondHillOntario[/QUOTE]

I only saw the last 5 minutes, but it appeared the Habs were horrible, people were walking out and those left were booing.

I haven't seen the Leafs since the beginning of the season, I'll have to check them out.

The Panthers need to step it up, knocking their own goaltender out ain't a great way to do that.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Just wanted to move this back up to the top 7-2 Bs over the Laffs. Gotta love the Maple Geeks D! This Thursday the Bs should bring up pugllist Craig Weller!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

Is anyone else salavating at the possibility of adding Taylor Hall to the bruins?

Can we imagine a 1st line with Savard and Hall?

WOW

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from emjd. Show emjd's posts

bergy and kessel are two completely different type of players. you can't compare them. kessel is a goal scorer. bergy plays all three zones, so he will always be more valuable plus he brings a leadership role also.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from fireballer58. Show fireballer58's posts

I hate saying this, but for the sake of the Bruins, I hope he is out for a while. Toskala is the biggest sieve in the NHL and would help the B's alot.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

Blues, Canes and oilers win, good day so far.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Don't think the Blackhawks are going to dump Versteeg, Sharp or Bolland before next summer because the Hawks could possibly win the cup this year but if Burke were to somehow add 1 or 2 of these salary dumps The Bs will be picking 8th, 9th or 10th next year.

The Habs then the Laffs back to back a real good hockey weekend.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from fireballer58. Show fireballer58's posts

Tyler Seguin please

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

kessel just won a fight, although no real punches were thrown

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from joeschmo25. Show joeschmo25's posts

While I'm still optimistic about a high pick, Toronto is starting to show signs of life now. They're winning more and more and they're taking more games into overtime. Toronto is a competitive team, not talented but competitive. They don't give up at any point in a game and take whatever chances they can get.
    If we have any hope of getting a top 5 pick, the Bruins are going to have to beat them in regulation every time we see them. We can't rely on weak teams like Montreal and Colombus or on good teams like Washington who have bad defense to beat Toronto. Here's hoping Burke decides to move some of his more productive players like Hagman and weakens the team. He's not in a position of panic right because Kessel is performing so well.
    Here's hoping Saturday goes well.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

Those bloody Habs are laying down at home to the Leafs tonight to the tune of 3-0 with 1:18 to go in the second period! 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

But the Canes beat the Penguins tonight!!

Certainly sounds like a turning point for the Canes, I have heard the Penguins are a decent team.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

5 -0 nothing now jeesh the Thrashers look like the Bruins the other night in Montreal like they just don't want to be there!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Wow, if the draft were held right now the Bruins would do alright but the team that would really make-out like a bandit is Anaheim.
    The Leafs are 5 points out of 8th, 8 out of last, but still second-to-last.  Six teams within 3 points of them, and another six within an additional 2 points.  Lots of congestion at the bottom, but unless the Leafs start getting consistent goaltending, I just don't see them climbing out of the pack.
    Top 3 would be great, anything top 5 passable.  The Briuns need to make sure they do their part to keep the Leafs down.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Stepniak with a garbage put back and Stajan finishes a 3 on 1 to put the Laffs up 2-0 in the second. The Monster is back playing and very well. Let's hope Kovalchuk gets it going soon!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Correction Toskala is in nets not the "Monster".
    3-0 now.
    Freakin' Thrashers !

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]unfortunatly for us the leafs are starting to show signs of life still too early to tell but we could still end up witha top 10 pick perhaps?
    Posted by Jedi33[/QUOTE]

I don't see the pick being any less than 5th.  It's not just what Toronto is doing, but the teams around them in the cellar.  The West looks really strong overall, the Ducks are the worst and they were a playoff team last year.  The Canes have Ward back.  The Panthers are the low hanging fruit.  The Islanders Tavares looked good, even in the loss against the Leafs (ahem, ahem, true star shows up even in a loss).  No idea what's going on in Philadelphia, although some had them projected as Cup winners.

The Leafs have no depth, their star players look like they are getting worn out in this recent surge.  They have to get a goaltender.  They have to lose bonehead Komiserak.  They have to get Kessel to play to his full potential.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Laffs win again with a late goal 10 wins what the heck is going on ? Well they'll be nice and tired tomorrow night for the Bs! See you here manana!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BUReturns. Show BUReturns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker : I say have them peak now. cya tomorrow!
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

We have to acknowledge the possibility of a Bs loss tomorrow. But of course, it's also a possibility, be it small, that a pig will grow wings...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]Toronto has been surging the past 3 weeks or so and are now 2 points out of 9th place in the east. Still probably won't make the playoffs but for all the lemmings dreaming of a #1 pick and the Leafs just taking it and letting Boston get the #1 pick may want to rethink the situation...
    Posted by VicRattlehead[/QUOTE]

OK, so I'll rethink that.  I'm thinking about the Canes, who beat the Penguins the other night.  They have Cam Ward back and tonight against the Devils they dented the pipes around Brodeur a few times, lost 4-2 with the last one being an empty netter.  So if you want to talk about surging, look at the Canes.

We can debate how we each think the Leafs will do until it becomes history, but from where I sit right now, the Leafs are the second worst team in the league.

It may or may not be the #1 pick overall, but I don't expect it to be worse than 5th.

I like this draft from what I'm reading.  Have a look yourself.
    http://www.mynhldraft.com/NHL-Mock-Draft/

Check out the possible 4th round pick overall, Kiril Kabanov
    http://nhl.fanhouse.com/2009/10/26/draftwatch-2010-kabanov-embraces-north-american-style/

That kid has some sick skills.

Brandon Gormley is projected 5th overall, I don't know much about him.

Secondly, how will the Leafs improve for 2010-2011?  There might be a first overall for the Bruins in that one, too.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker:[QUOTE]But the Canes beat the Penguins tonight!! Certainly sounds like a turning point for the Canes, I have heard the Penguins are a decent team. Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

That's actually the game I watched the most. Freakin Pens almost tied it at the end. Eric Staal changes that whole Canes team! There about to get Ward back so he'll play Wednesday against the Devils so good news!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jedi33. Show Jedi33's posts

unfortunatly for us the leafs are starting to show signs of life still too early to tell but we could still end up witha top 10 pick perhaps?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]5 -0 nothing now jeesh the Thrashers look like the Bruins the other night in Montreal like they just don't want to be there!
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

I watched a little of that and the Leafs looked like they were playing game 7 of the Stanley Cup finals,   I saw Finger or Blake or someone in an all out sprint for a not very loose puck, and Phil was his usual self.  I have to wonder how long the Kessel honeymoon will last.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]Laffs win again with a late goal 10 wins what the heck is going on ? Well they'll be nice and tired tomorrow night for the Bs! See you here manana!
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

I say have them peak now. cya tomorrow!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from fireballer58. Show fireballer58's posts

The "Monster" Has the heart of a 70 year old, LOL

Sections
Shortcuts