Toronto Record Tracker

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BUReturns. Show BUReturns's posts

Re: Toronto Record Tracker

Kabanov
    http://nhl.fanhouse.com/2009/10/26/draftwatch-2010-kabanov-embraces-north-american-style/

OK well he looks good (though most of those moves my little nephew can do!). It remains to be seen how he'll fare in the big leagues, and it'll be interesting to read about him as a prospect on hockeysfuture.com. Do they prospect everyone there or only the players who go through a certain route on their way to the NHL?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

When you look through hockey's future and mynfldraft fanhouse you'll see international players quite a bit. The Detroit Red Wings have really taken the scouting European to another level. They've set the model really.

However it's tough to get some players to want to play in Rochester, Rockford, Hershey is the key ala Soderberg. These players players are studs in Russia and Sweden then have to go learn the game in a small town its' tough convincing these kids.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from FairbankAK. Show FairbankAK's posts

In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker : Yeah uh... Kessel scored and the leafs won...
    Posted by SwineFluBruin[/QUOTE]

god save the queen !

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Great game tonight between the Laffs and Phoenix tonight. Even better the Yotes are up 4 -1 in the 2nd. Lots of up and down action if you have NHL Center Ice or yah just have regular Ol TSN north of the 49Th.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]Great game tonight between the Laffs and Phoenix tonight. Even better the Yotes are up 4 -1 in the 2nd. Lots of up and down action if you have NHL Center Ice or yah just have regular Ol TSN north of the 49Th.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I'm catching the game on atdhe.net.  Wow, those homey anouncers are playing up Kessel like he's God.  He got a typical Kessel goal to make it 5-2, no surprise, most of his goals scored when they don't matter.

The Canes are winning, too.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from AnonymousUno. Show AnonymousUno's posts

Kessel scores again and the Leafs beat the Sens and are 2 points out of the 8th spot in the East

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayKran. Show JayKran's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker : The Bruins have 38 points.  Toronto has 31.  Explain the scenario to me where Toronto jumps ahead in the standings.  The game is in Boston, the home team has the advantage of last line change, so Kessel will get bottled up once again.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

Actually the Bruins are playing in Toronto Saturday night. My bad, I was a little overzealous! They will be 1 point behind after Sat. They will be ahead after Monday nights game.

Just my prediction.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SwineFluBruin. Show SwineFluBruin's posts

[QUOTE]The Caps are up 2-0 tonight Kessel 0 shots -1 on the ice (4:44Min) for Ovechkin's goal. Keep it up Washington lets keep down in the cellar.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Yeah uh... Kessel scored and the leafs won...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Allot of posters wanted to see it you got it Hunwick on the wing! KesselMania II tonight. Bitz out with of course "Some kind of Injury" Interesting lineup...

Daniel Paille Marc Savard Blake Wheeler
    Marco Sturm Patrice Bergeron Mark Recchi
    Vladimir Sobotka David Krejci Michael Ryder
    Matt Hunwick Steve Begin Shawn Thornton

Zdeno Chara Derek Morris
          Andrew Ference Dennis Wideman
           Mark Stuart Johnny Boychuk

Tuukka Rask

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayKran. Show JayKran's posts

After Toronto beats the Bruins on Sat they will be ahead of them in the standings.

See you Sat!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]After Toronto beats the Bruins on Sat they will be ahead of them in the standings. See you Sat!
    Posted by JayKran[/QUOTE]

The Bruins have 38 points.  Toronto has 31.  Explain the scenario to me where Toronto jumps ahead in the standings.  The game is in Boston, the home team has the advantage of last line change, so Kessel will get bottled up once again.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from anthony3063. Show anthony3063's posts

Re: Toronto Record Tracker-GET RID OF THIS THREAD- GO LEAFS!

This thread is not needed anymore. You fans with your heads in the sand drinking Bruins koolaid desperately need a life!

Toronto has now beaten Washington twice which proves that they actually MAY make the playoffs! Bruins STINK!! If I were a betting man, I would bet Toronto will finish with more points than the Bruins.

But, it does not matter, the two first round picks we have in 2010 draft will be middle first round pick at best.

Better hope the Bruins tank it - they have no one that is a finisher on the team anyway, so they are not contenders, rather pretenders!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

How pathetic the Caps goaltending is !!!!  Horrible . This is why this team does not stand a chance in the playoffs. 
    Leafs played well though the score doesn't justify justice .

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

The Caps are up 2-0 tonight Kessel 0 shots -1 on the ice (4:44Min) for Ovechkin's goal. Keep it up Washington lets keep down in the cellar.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker : Actually the Bruins are playing in Toronto Saturday night. My bad, I was a little overzealous! They will be 1 point behind after Sat. They will be ahead after Monday nights game. Just my prediction.
    Posted by JayKran[/QUOTE]

Oops, my mistake, too.  As it turns out, the schedule I have has the home and visitors reversed through the whole season.  Should have thought something was funny with the Flyers being the home team at Fenway.  And I've been to 4 games this year and didn't realize I was going to away games...

It's a downloaded schedule and I know I downloaded it the second they released it, don't know the source.

Darn.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker : This is one thing that actually worries me a bit.  If they do slump and get eliminated from the playoffs early, they may go on a tear and get out of the basement.
    Posted by DrCC[/QUOTE]

I just hope their season is like a blowin balloon.  When it's a new balloon to blow air in it takes time and effort, once it's broken in then it becomes easy and it grows and grows and then (end of season I hope) the bubble bursts ! 
    They start slumping at the 65 game mark or so.
    Not sure if their "monster" is ready to dress tonite or tomorrow but with no goal tending they're screwed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Leafs website reports that Gustavsson will be back-up tonight and start tomorrow.  Gustavsson vs. Rask?  That's a matchup we might be seeing a lot in the future.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Wow.  And I thought the Bruins looked bad against the Flyers.  Then I watched the Leafs tonight.  Wow.  They played significantly better against the Bruins than what I saw tonight.  What a train wreck that team is.  It ain't gonna be over until it is over and I think we are still well within possibility of getting the #1 pick when its over.

Amazingly, Kessel is playing even more selfishly than he was in Boston.  If I were one of his team mates, I'd be pretty demoralized.  It looks like everybody is skating hard and playing 2 way hockey for the Leafs (for what they can manage, anyway), except for Phil.  And it looks like the standing order is, if you get the puck, pass it to Phil.  I really wonder if Wilson is of the mentality of letting the baby have all the candy he wants and maybe he'll get sick and then maybe he'll behave himself and decide being sensible and responsible is the best thing.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I tell yah if Phoenix got a few more players at the deadline they'd be in the top 3 of the better western teams. Yep the Laffs looked nothing like a team making a push for the playoffs. Again Goaltending was soft Great all the same.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker : I know LeafsTV is pathetic !!!!  and they steal money from the Leaf fans and that's even worse, HIGHWAY ROBBERY ! So what the heck is a " Mackinaw" in the phrase this nitwit on LeafsTV proclaims his success on ?
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=holy%20mackinaw

I think it is just synomous with "holy mackeral", especially since a mackinaw is a type of trout.  And a trout resembles Toskala flopping around in the crease like a fish out of water.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker : True and I don't have a problem with homey anouncers, but the Leafs carry it to a ridiculous level.  Edwards is outrageous, he'll say "d to d", ok, fine, whatever, but the Leafs the other night the play by play guy shouted "DID YOU SEE THAT PASS BY KOMISERAK!?!!??"  It is just crazy.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

I know LeafsTV is pathetic !!!!  and they steal money from the Leaf fans and that's even worse, HIGHWAY ROBBERY !

So what the heck is a " Mackinaw" in the phrase this nitwit on LeafsTV proclaims his success on ?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

[QUOTE]Watched last nights Leafs/Yotes game also. They seem to only find their game when it looks like it's out of reach. Then they start to loosen up and play all hell bent with nothing to lose. THey basically, like they did in the second game against Boston, only come out to play in the third period. Score early on the Leafs and they don't know what to do with themselves. They have no faith in their goaltending and seem to give up after a bad goal. I watched the game on DirecTV NHL package and it was with the Yotes announcers. Listening to them you'd have thought Keith Yandle was out healing lepers between periods.
    Posted by Davidorr[/QUOTE]

This is one thing that actually worries me a bit.  If they do slump and get eliminated from the playoffs early, they may go on a tear and get out of the basement.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

Canes looked sharp tonight, too. Ward made some great saves, if he's finding his groove then maybe they will start climb the standings.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

LOL Davidorr,  that's why when I listen to Jack Edwards I don't complain.  Is there a sport where the home team announcers are more Homey's ?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reilly24. Show Reilly24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker : LOL  Leafs TV or T oronto S ports N etwork !!  There's this announcer when the Leafs score or Kessel touches the puck , yells out this phrase " Holy Mackinaw "  something like that , don't know what a "Mackinaw " is ,  does anyone ? I also love how on Leafs TV they keep bringing up " Leafs Nation" !  Give me a break! Can they try to be more original !!!  The modern nation is " Red Sox Nation" ! Before that and the oringal was " Raiders Nation" .  Leafs Nation LMAO........LOL.......LMAO... So damn corny. BTW Tyler Seguin, one of the prospects that we're following was cut from the Canadian Junior team.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

Try living near Toronto. It's disgusting around here with all the Leaf fans. Every time I here the " Holy Mackinaw " I feel like throwing something through my TV. But I won't have to here it Saturday cause I'll be at the game in person.