Toronto Record Tracker

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Toronto Record Tracker

Toskala drops puck, and Leafs drop game

"It was something like a fly ball, a clear-in shot on net that looked as routine for a goalie as putting on his skates. Somehow, though, Leafs goalie Vesa Toskala dropped it. And that wasn't the bad part.

As he did, Toskala turned backwards in desperation as the puck came out of his glove and drifted into the Leafs net. Diving, Toskala couldn't stop the puck from entering the net, or stop what was a nightmare for every goalie."

Oops where did the puck go!?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

LOL Davidorr,  that's why when I listen to Jack Edwards I don't complain.  Is there a sport where the home team announcers are more Homey's ?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

Some interesting stats shared after the game by Wilson.........Leafs have outshot Buffalo over the period of losses (12 straight) by 75, but have been outscored 33 to 12. Gotta love great goal tending. Miller seems to be the real deal this year. If he can stay healthy, Buffalo can be a dangerous team, as can Team USA.

All be @ the Leafs/Bruins game tomorrow @ the ACC.....and wearing my favorite #8 hoodie. Hope the B's can lay another whooping on the Leafs.........who then have to face Buffalo again Monday.....SWEET!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Leafs website reports that Gustavsson will be back-up tonight and start tomorrow.  Gustavsson vs. Rask?  That's a matchup we might be seeing a lot in the future.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

Canes looked sharp tonight, too. Ward made some great saves, if he's finding his groove then maybe they will start climb the standings.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

Like I said it in a previous post...the only reason why the leafs managed to win some games is because the offense was clicking.  But this now that we are closing on christmas...you'll see how the other teams start playing more of a playoff style to try an earn a playoff spot and the leafs won't be able to follow the parade!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Yah I just switched away from the Isles-Leafs to check the Bs and then go back boom Isles are up 2-0. Kessel has not shown up the last what 4 games now ?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker:
    In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker : You have a bit of a chip on your shoulder against Kessel and I think it prejudices your opinion.   I don't see Kessel as any saviour to be sure, but he's a much better player than you give him credit for.  Did you Bruin fans diss Thorton when he was traded too?  Last time I checked he was leading the league in scoring. The leafs are playing decent hockey (I think they are 6-4 in the last 10) albeit the Phoenix game was a stinker (but Phoenix is much better than you might think).  They will continue to be a club that plays around .500 hockey, not bad considering they were 0 for October.  If anything, Kessel has been passing the puck more than he should.  He is not a playmaker, he's a goal scorer and if I'm his coach I tell him to shoot whenever the opportunity presents itself.  His snapshot is one of the best in the league.  I don't know what a typical Kessel goal is (I think you were alluding to goals that don't matter) but the Leafs were 1-7-4 or something like that when Kessel was injured and over 500 since he's been back including 21 points in 22 games (13 goals).  Also Stajan and Ponikarosky (2 medicore players) have taken off since Kessel joined them.  Say what you will, he opens up ice for the other players.. P.S. As bad as the leafs are, the Bruins only have 7 points more than them (that with an  O for October start by the Leafs) and a team that has scored more goals then only  4 other teams.  Perhaps the Bruins can use a few typical Kessel goals.. By the way, the top pick in the draft will be joining Eric Staal in Carolina next year.
    Posted by LoveRealHockey

I never like Thronton because it seemed he never played with intensity when he was a Bruin anyway.  Having said that, he is an elite player no question about it.  The trade was horrible.  If you have a star of the first magnitude, you trade for another similar star who's management also doesn't feel that they are playing up to their potential.

You are not listening to me about Kessel.  Read the million other posts I've made.  Of course he should shoot, but he shouldn't carry the puck when he's got open guys up ice and he just feels like carrying it just because.  He could be, he should be, a much better player than he is.  He HAS THE SKILLS.

7 points is a lot in this league.  Other than Kessel, not much difference with the Leafs.  Carolina got Ward back and they have the most potential in the league to move up the most number of slots.  We'll see.  It ain't over until it's over.  And second overall pick ain't half bad.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Has Kessel been scoreless now for 3 or 4 games ?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker : I actually find BadHabitude pretty objective overall, a bit skewed when it comes to Kessel but we all have players we like and those we simply don't like. It's being a 'fan'! Having said all that you can look at the cup as being half-empty and observe that Kessel has not scored in 3 games or half-full, he scored as much as the entire Bruin team combined last night.......LOL Kessel was a good move for  the Leafs and the Bruins got a good deal in return.  I don't think it will be a lottery pick but Nazim Kadri was Leaf's 1st round pick last year (7th overall) and currently on the Canadian Junior team.  He's going to be great I think and the Bruins should get someone just as good provided the pick is in the top 10 which it should be.  Next year I'm thinking the Leafs improve though and supplement with a free agent or two depending on the cap so the Bruin's 2nd 1st rounder may not be as great (should be used a trade bait). I still think losing Kessel was more to do with Julien not liking him more than anyone else (including the GM)and I still think the Bruins can do better than Julien as a coach (do they even have an offensive system?). Regards
    Posted by LoveRealHockey

Thank you, except you forgot to mention my outstanding sense of humor.

Kessel was on the ice for the overtime against Buffalo.  Buffalo wins in OT.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker : I don't see Kessel on the scorecard tonight. I like the way he did his shift changes tonight, he skated to the bench more leisurely than I do at my pickup games. How come your goal scorer doesn't score game wining goals?  How come he doesn't score in big games? Hey look, nobody gets a free ride in my book.  Has Sturm or Ryder scored in the last minute and the Bruins lost, those would be meaningless goals, too.  Those 2 guys have to be putting SOME pucks in the net and they are not.  This is a huge problem.  Both are signed through 2011, I don't see how to dump them.  I think they have gotten just that bad.
    Posted by BadHabitude

I actually find BadHabitude pretty objective overall, a bit skewed when it comes to Kessel but we all have players we like and those we simply don't like. It's being a 'fan'!

Having said all that you can look at the cup as being half-empty and observe that Kessel has not scored in 3 games or half-full, he scored as much as the entire Bruin team combined last night.......LOL

Kessel was a good move for  the Leafs and the Bruins got a good deal in return.  I don't think it will be a lottery pick but Nazim Kadri was Leaf's 1st round pick last year (7th overall) and currently on the Canadian Junior team.  He's going to be great I think and the Bruins should get someone just as good provided the pick is in the top 10 which it should be.  Next year I'm thinking the Leafs improve though and supplement with a free agent or two depending on the cap so the Bruin's 2nd 1st rounder may not be as great (should be used a trade bait).

I still think losing Kessel was more to do with Julien not liking him more than anyone else (including the GM)and I still think the Bruins can do better than Julien as a coach (do they even have an offensive system?).

Regards

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

BadHabit is just a spineless Kessel hater. It is that simple. The Leafs had 3 WINS when Kessel finally got in the lineup! They now after tonight have 3 less wins then the Bruins. In a lineup of 18 guys everyone does not have to be a multi-faceted 2 dimensional player. It is ok to have a natural sniper and goal scorer in your lineup. They are pretty rare in this league, that is why the Cup winning GM Brian Burke chose to go after him. This is something the Bruins apologist BadHABit fails to see.
    Posted by VicRattlehead

I don't see Kessel on the scorecard tonight.
    I like the way he did his shift changes tonight, he skated to the bench more leisurely than I do at my pickup games.
    How come your goal scorer doesn't score game wining goals?  How come he doesn't score in big games?

Hey look, nobody gets a free ride in my book.  Has Sturm or Ryder scored in the last minute and the Bruins lost, those would be meaningless goals, too.  Those 2 guys have to be putting SOME pucks in the net and they are not.  This is a huge problem.  Both are signed through 2011, I don't see how to dump them.  I think they have gotten just that bad.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Miller is his usual self tonight with his 1.89 GAA up 1-0 in the 1st. Good game so far up and down. Stajan is playing after getting rocked by Boychuck.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Leafs down 2-0 to the Isle in the 2nd.

Komiserak cut Thompson's face with his skate, they showed Komi on the bench and he seemed to be smirking about it.  I wouldn't be surprised if he did it intentionally.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Kessel does his usual disappears when the checking gets tight like tonight. Laffs blow it in OT! Stajan looked out of it still must be cringing from the Boychuk crunch!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I watched Taylor Hall play last nite and he's very quick but pretty small.  Reminds of Kessel only thing he has a better vision and a better playmaker than Phil was at that level.
    Don't get carried away this is the Juniors. 
    Bruins are still in a lottery with the Leafs pick, even though it' looking more and more like the Canes will finish last.
    Caron made the Canadian Junior team , that's good news.
    Team Canada captain is this kid Cormier and wow what a mean streak this kid has, playing with Caron on the same line. Cormier is a Bruin. I wonder if the Bruins would get him with their pick.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

I wonder who this rattlehead guys other names are?

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

anyone know if they will be streaming the World Junior Championships online? Would love to see some of these kids in action!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

They do score first allot i've noticed that as well. There not finishing though.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

2-1 Calgary over Toronto at the 2nd intermission. Cmon Iginla close it out!

Kessel
    +/- -1 TOI 12:56 2 Shots 0 GOALS

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Disappointing loss vs. Lightning tonight, but at least the Canes gained some ground on Toronto.  They beat Washington tonight.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

NHL Network just announced that they were going to cover allot of the games.
    http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=509998&navid=DL

Whether or not you'll be able to get them online and how much you'll have to pay for them I don't know. Glad to see NHL picking up some of the slack because I do not get TSN.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Laffs playing Florida tonight the Panthers have been playing well need to keep it up.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

The Laffs actually played a good game that's just a huge rivalry. However there schedule over the next 7 games bodes well for that draft pick @ Pittsburgh, Edmonton, Calgary then back home for Florida (not easy anymore).

Return to the road for Flyers and the Sabres (Buffalo owns Toronto this year). Back home waiting for them pittsburgh again. Nice!

Sections
Shortcuts