Toronto Record Tracker

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Re: Toronto Record Tracker

Thanks biggskye for clearing it up.  I didn't watch the intermission was watcing the Eagles getting their buts kicked .

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Yep Bad Hab and it's tied at the end of the 2nd. Cmon Cam Ward inch your team closer to the Laffs. When was the last time Kessel scored a goal ? Ha Ha! 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan084evr. Show bruinsfan084evr's posts

cains won 2 this weakend now getting interesting for the last place spot ,lets hope its the leafs

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

That explanation makes no sense to me at all.  Penalties can be awarded at any time.  If someone has fight in warm ups I could certainly understand that they could be thrown out of the game, even tho the game hadn't even started yet, or I could understand the game would start with both players in the box for 5 minutes.

In other words, penalties can be called while the clock is NOT running.

Goals cannot be awarded when the clock is NOT running.  If someone didn't stop the clock at the correct time when the goal was scored, you correct that by setting the time of the goal to when the clock should have been stopped and resume play from there.

Now if the goal under review and it turned out not to be a goal and they guys turn it around and score at the other end, the clock doesn't stop for the goal under review, it stopped for the goal that really was a goal.  They don't rewind the clock back to the goal that was reviewed, they stop the clock for the real goal (the second goal).

That all amounts to the same as "it is not possible to score 2 goals at the same time", but that statement hints that the second goal was really a goal, but I would say the second goal was never really a goal because the clock should not have been running when it scored, exactly the same as shooting the puck in the net after the whistle blew. 

Same as nobody but nobody thinks of the pucks that cross the line in warmups as goals.  Why?  Because the clock hasn't been started yet.  Simple.  To say that the goals scored in warmups don't count because you can't score more than one goal at a time before the clock hasn't been started and because the game can only be played with one puck is just ridiculous.

If a goal scores and the defensmen gets all PO'd and shoots it into his own net after the horn blows, that doesn't count as 2 goals and no one would ever think of it that way.  Instead, if that same defensmen ices the puck and it goes in the other net, no one would ever think of that as a goal.  Then if that defensemen gets a delay of game penalty, nobody should have a problem with that.

To offer the explanation that "it is not possible to score 2 goals at the same time" in that situation doesn't make any sense to me at all, I think it is much more reasonable to offer the explanation that you can't score a goal once the clock stops.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Watching Pens-Leaf game tonite and if you didn't watch the game it'll be hard to understand but I'll try anyway to explain it.
    Can anyone make sense of this rule ,  Gonchar scores a goal that the refs didn't see it go in,  the play goes the other way and Gonchar causes a penalty shot. 
    Now,  the previous play, the Pens discussed apparent goal,  is being reviewed and called a goal.
    Doesn't everything after that point that the puck went in get wiped out and they're supposed to put the clock back to when the Pens scored and no penalty shot ? 
    Explain to me how does Gonchar go to the penalty box ? Why a 2min penalty ? This is a major contradiction in the rule after a goal is reviewed and given to the team under review. 
    If the Pens goal was good then the penalty or penalty shot never occur , no ?
    Can anyone shed some light ?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Let's assume (for the sake of argument) that the Laffs don't end up in the basement and the B's end up with the 2 or 3 pick (and assuming Hall is #1). Do you take Fowler with the pick? I can't (actually I can, seeing their love of Centermen) see them taking Seguin. Either way are we waiting for the B's own first pick (15-16?) to draft a wing?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

The Bruins own first round pick... I don't know, beyond those 3 picks I don't think there is anybody who is going to be sure fire.

There's always good players that fly in under the radar and have great NHL careers, but I don't know of any team that has figured out how to find those guys.

The big news for me is the Canes, all of a sudden they are just 6 points behind the Leafs and they have 2 games in hand. 
    Sweet.
    Sweet.
    Sweet.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

HUGE game tomorrow, Canes v Leafs.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Actually, it makes sense to me, same as if Gonchar scored, and as part of his celebration, tripped, slashed or hooked someone.

What doesn't make sense to me is that they were saying the penalty shot should happen, that's just ridiculous.

The same kind of thing happened in the Bruins Pens game that the Bruins won here, puck bounced off the inside metal.

Tell me why they can't put a foam canvas thing over the metal inside the net, so that the puck stays in instead of bouncing out?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Good old Toronto, always there to cheer me up even when the Bruins lose

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shaunk. Show shaunk's posts

How about the Maple Lacks?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I really have to thank God there is at least one thread on here where there are  intelligent posts.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Yep good correction RHO you da man! Cam Ward is up there with the best goalies in the league when he is on WoW! Uh Oh PP for the Loafs! 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

SanDog - Believe me, you're not missing anything watching a game from the ACC.  Its about as sterile an environment for hockey as it can get.  Lots of "corporate types" grace the rink in between their frequent cell calls.  Crowd usually sits on their hands. 

shaunk - I like that!  Let's add it too our assortment.

Legion - As usual, you got it.  A lot of hard feelings came out of last week's game in Philadelphia with most of the wrath aimed at Carcillo and that bearded lady, Scott Hartnell.  On the heels of tonight's disappointing loss to Carolina, Wilson will have his team ready to go.  Should be quite the game, buddy. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Thurday nite a must see at the ACC.  Philly in town.
    IT'LL GET FUGLY !
    Carcillo , Hartnell  will dance with Orr, Kessel (oops didn't want to dance with Hartnell). Don't worry Kess Mayer's will be doing the dancing.
    Great game !

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Wilson will have another blowout tonight and at tomorrows practice LoL!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

Canes up 3-2 on the Loads with 4:16 left in the third.  LOVE IT!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

sweet 3-2 Canes !!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

Every year the Islanders look promising for a while. (Every year they have a high draft pick). Every year here in the NY area there is hope for the Isles, no cup talk or anything, but playoff appearance hopes. Yet every year they fall on their collective faces. It will take a lot more than any other team for them to be respectable. Anything less than consecutive appearances will be considered by even the most loyal fans around here to be nothing more than a fluke!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsUSA. Show BruinsUSA's posts

BsLegion thats an interesting story, are you a friend of Komisarek? Just wondering because he is up there on the top of my list of people I just cannot stand so I was just interested in knowing what type of person he actually is.

And like you said the joy of a Bruins Cup win would be unbelievable. I can honestly not imagine what the city would be like in celebration. I would probably have to put everything in my life on hold for about a week and just celebrate.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I haven't caught a Loafs game since they moved to the ACC they are brutal. Them booing relentlessly during the last Powerless Play was comical.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

SanDog - Please feel free to also call them the Maple "Lufas."  Nice win by Ward and the Canes.  Man, 100% correct with your take on Ward.  SportsNet just posted a picture of PK with the blazing headline "Phil Not So Thrilling."  (Had his stats during his recent drought on the screen.)

Being the face of the Loaves has not been too kind to him lately.  Mind you, all he has to do is sink one in a victory and the zombie-like ACC crowd will be singing "Happy Days Are Here Again," right?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Blow Loafs Blow!  Blow Loafs blow!

4-2 Cane.  Woohoo!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I just don't get it.  I really don't.  Here we are heading for a likely top 3 pick and people are totally b-tched out.  Other teams would have to sell the farm to get that, and it looks outstanding for this spring's draft and the Leafs ain't going to improve for next year.

I've always hated the Red Sox.  For most of my life no championships, and ownership for the most of that period of time that make JJ look like Santa Claus.  And talk about a crappy venue.  All the seats on the first base line are pointed out toward center field.  Yet the Sox got a free pass all those years.  And people threatened my life for speaking out against them.  And Res Sox tix went through the roof once they got decent.  Talk about porking your fans.

And people were in love with that misery.  I swear half of their fans are now joyless since they got a couple of series wins, finally.  After what?  80 something years?

Look how well the team did last time finishing at the bottom and getting Thornton and Samsonov.  And this team is FAR from the bottom.  I thought this team would have to finish at or near the bottom to get those kind of draft picks again.

Add those kinds of picks to any team in the league and they become respectable.  The Islanders were hopeless last year and they are just a little out of the playoff picture this year.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

Lucic wasn't on the Bruins in 2006

Sections
Shortcuts