Toronto Record Tracker

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

Re: Toronto Record Tracker

SanDog - Yeah, man.  Kassian's the kid I'd read that PC would've snapped up if he were available when we picked at last June's draft, remember?  He was being compared to Lucic at the time.  Was a nasty hit, though, very much similar to the one Colton Tuebert laid on our Jordan Caron, separating his shoulder during the Team Canada juniors training camp last fall. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Cherry is right, get rid of the instigator rule and these guys will pay the price for cheap shots.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

SanDog - We both doubt Orr would try that same move on someone such as Derek Boogard of the Wild, Georges Larague, 6-4, 246 pound Raitis Ivanans of the Kings and we know Lucic would activate those jack-hammer fists of his. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

SanDog - Did you see the guy in the NASA-issue-looking space suit behind the Leaf bench? He attends all Caps games dressed like that.  That's taking being a fan to a new level. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Sad, but true, you have to love the way these picks are shaping up.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

The Loafs just let everyone and anyone walk right in on transition. Kinda reminded me of a team i saw play (well try to play) on Sunday.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

Bad News for tonight's Panther/Leaf game.  Nathan Horton's out 4-6 weeks having broken his leg on Thursday. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Yeah, too bad Carolina and Edmonton can't go on some 10 game winning streak? Columbus is coming back to the pack as well...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from FairbankAK. Show FairbankAK's posts

where were u guys last night on this thread ???
    pitiful game by the predators.  it looked like the bruins-sens game , every shot leafs put on net went in.  3-0 after the 1st period.
    tonight i stopped watching at 2-0 , here we go again .
    thank you thrashers or i wud be in a bad mood at the breakfast table tomorrow morning.
    guys pls post when the leafs win .
    what did queeny kessel do today ?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

Yeah, BadHab - Loafs come through, blowing a 2-0 lead to the Thrashers and lose in regulation.  Love it! 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

When the Bruins have a lousy night out, when things are down,

When I'm feeling BLUE,

There are those wonderful Leafs trying their little hearts out to get us a #1 picks overall, God bless 'em.  Losing to Tampa 3-2, and the Canes win against the Thrashers.  At least there's that.  At least.

In perfect world, it would be the Habs rather than the Leafs, but you can't have everything.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Toronto just lost against the Kings, I believe they are within 3 points of the Canes.

Sweet!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

But good old Toronto still comes through and loses to the Panthers 2-0.

At least there is an upside to losing to Carolina.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shaunk. Show shaunk's posts

Florida vs. the Lacks.

Let's go Horton and Seidenburg, you will be beating Toronto tonight and much more this season when Chiarelli trades for you at the deadline!

Go "Fill in any team facing the Lacks here:" GO!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from lereve77. Show lereve77's posts

Kessel had a huge assist tonight. I only hope he does not continue this torrid pace the rest of the year. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxpeat. Show soxpeat's posts

Thank God for the Leafs this winter.  Sadly, it has come to  me cheering for the Leafs to lose as much as I cheer for the Bruins to win.  Panthers win 2-0.  Every Leaf loss helps.  We desperately need something to work out this winter.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan084evr. Show bruinsfan084evr's posts

LA, is beating the laffs 4..2 going in to the third  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

And Carolina losing against the Flyers now.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

LRH

My Leafs are a sad, sad team to watch.

I 100% disagree.  I love watching your Leafs.

I think I've watched more hockey this year than in the last 5.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

LRH..I feel for you buddy.. I live in Toronto and turning on TV or radio everyday and listening to all the doom and gloom is depressing, frustrating, etc  if your a Leaf fan...The thing I enjoy and get a laugh out of is Wilson's daily press conferences with the media.. They are hilarious.. Today he told Howard Berger of the Fan590 that he would be great interviewing detainees @ Guatanamo Bay the way he persecutes Wilson daily.. Him and Tortorella I love to hear them trade barbs with the media.. never a boring day with those two..

I know Burke is taking a lot of heat and some of it deserved, and I think he over estimated the talent level on this club a bit when he took over and they have disappointed.. but he was also saddled with some bad contracts ( Toskala, Blake)
    The two big FA's that he signed Komisarek and Beauchemin have not played well or as the case of the former he hasn't really played at all this season due to injuries... so that is tough.. I did not agree with signing him anyway , but Beauch will turn it around..He's a good player..

You build teams through the draft and by trading away #1 picks in two consecutive years puts them in a tough spot... Right now the best thing that can come Burke's way is to have Kaberle walk into his office and tell him he will wave his no trade.. I hear that could happen..  He is a piece that can bring back draft choices and a roster player to help rebuild this franchise..guys like Stajan , Ponikorovsky, Hagman can also bring back some picks badly needed especially in this years draft... Unfortunately Toskala will not return high value due to poor performance year , but what it will do is clear cap space if he can dump these guys and clear room.. If he can ditch Blake to someone he would win GM of the year ..

I think the fastest way for Leafs to rebuild is Free Agency, not the draft.. They will have lots of cap money available if Burke plays his hand correctly.. and hope guys like Hansen, Bozak, Kessel, Kulemin, Schenn, Stalberg  start to jell quickly..as you know this town is impatient when it comes to the Leafs... #1 priority should be a playmaker to play with Kessel and help make him more of an offensive threat.. right now he is so easy to mark when teams know that he is the only thing they have... Also from what I have seen Kessel needs to grow a pair and COMPETE  something we saw here in Boston too many times...  I don't think you will have to wait until 2013-2014.. Lots can happen between now and then... I like Burke and he is a good GM and I think he will fix the Leafs....he did it in Vancouver, look where they are now, Anaheim too...I wish the Bruins could have had him a long time ago before he went to Vancouver .. I tell you the Bruins would not have taken this long to become decent....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

My Leafs are a sad, sad team to watch.

Question is who's playing worse at this point; the Leafs or the Bruins.

At least with the Leafs you knew they'd blow.....this whole thing with the Bruins is something else.  Never saw this coming......

I think the Leafs will only now finish ahead of the Oilers, the Canes should surpass them.

Oh well....the Raptors are playing some good ball at least

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

LoveRealHockey - Altlhough our attention is naturally focussed on our respective teams, they're not the only ones slumping at the moment.  The Flames have lost 6 straight, Buffalo has dropped 3, the Preds have also lost 3 in a row, St. Louis 2 and let's not forget the Oilers who have dropped a whopping 10 straight.  The only difference is none of the above-mentioned clubs are coming off a 116 point season. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

At least we have the leafs to make us smile!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

LRH, The Bruins are playing worse agreed on that but at least the Bs are playing for something I think ? Yah know the Lufas don't even fight anymore. I think they know Burke is going blow up the team.

Well at least the Laffs have some high draft picks to look forward too!!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Great news, Komiserak is almost healthy and back to the leafs, with Komi back in the line up the Leafs are doomed.

I watched the last 5 minutes, very entertaining.  Mayers got nailed with a pretty good hip check and then slashed the guy very obviously (no call), like 1 minute later one of the Leafs was playing with a broken stick (no call), then Kessel plays a puck utterly lame, gets his pocket picked and off go the Dogs for a 3 on 1 with an empty net.  What fun.