Toronto Record Tracker

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

Re: Toronto Record Tracker

Thanks for the sympathy Cowboy9. 

Glad to hear you enjoy watching the Leafs BadHabitude.  Between watching them and the Bruins you've been void of good hockey most of the time.

It's been a (another) very frustrating year.  Early on when they were 0 for October they were actually playing pretty well, usually outplaying the other team but not getting too many breaks.  When Kessel returned from injury they went on a nice streak and then they went back to what was happening in October, where they would generally outplay the other team (not always) but come up short.

Having said that, the team is really weak talent-wise and Burke did inherit a lot of problems.

Still the Kessel deal was bad because it comes at the wrong time for the Leafs, although we need to reserve judgement until they can get a better centerman for him (possibly Kadri) and how the Bruins draft (can't see how they can miss with a top 3 pick).  I think Kessel will be fine though, but price was too high and Burke didn't have to pay that much

Imagine, PC matches the Leafs offer (which is what he was going to do) and Kessel is out until January.  Imagine the pressure PC would have been under, especially since it would have impacted his ability to sign extensions for Savard and others.  Burke could have squeezed him pretty good.  I think Burke blew it.

Komaserak was a bad move any way you look at it. Beauchmin is actually better than I thought and a keeper.  Gustovasson is a project; not sure how that will work out. Exelby is not an NHL defenceman (but he's gone after this year).

Young players show promise but playing in Toronto is tough, 2nd only to Montreal.

Time will tell.  I'll reserve judement on Burke for another full year.

Wilson, I'm not a big fan of although he is funny.  Poweplay and PK are horrid....that I blame on him.   Both look minor league to me...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattymcgee55. Show mattymcgee55's posts

Loverealhockey- Atleast the Leafs can rebuild thru the draft. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

Toronto's schedule from now till Olympic break:

Devils
    Canucks
    Devils
    Devils
    Senators
    Sharks
    Blues

Even though the Devils are slumping a bit and the Blues have had their struggles, the Leafs are facing a very difficult slide to the break.

:)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

SanDogBrewin.

Sadly I have to agree and NO we do not have high draft picks to look forward to, you now own them thanks to Burke....

Bruins should be and are much better.  I don't agree they are  only 1 or 2 players away, but they will get better when they are healthy and when they bank their draft picks this year.

I think next year will be much brighter for the Bruins.

For the Leafs, maybe 2013-2014 we'll make the playoffs.

The bar is much lower in Leaf-Land

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

The Canes are now in the rear miror!!  Too bad the Oilers are terrible and there is no way they will catch the Leafs!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Burke will be unloading some UFA's like Stepniak and Ponikorovsky .
    They'll get you some pretty good draft picks but I doubt 1st rounders.
    I think soon Burke will throw in the towel and you never know the Leafs after dumping might actually play better.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

It just gets better for the Leaves!  This Friday, they're in New Jersey, Saturday they host the Canucks and next week they face the Devils again but here in Toronto.  Love It!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

The Leafs have 45 pts with 55 games played.  Edmonton has 38 pts with 3 games in hand.  Although they got a point tonight, Toronto's been doing their part by mostly losing.  I'd be wishing on a star but if only the Oilers could string some wins together.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

Damm it is 3-0 for the Leafs after the first.  That was not part of the plan!! 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

1-1 Devils vs. Loafs. Agreed I would be shocked if Edmonton didn't finish last!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Edmonton is throwing the season.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

3-3 wow

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

Canucks attempting a comeback.  3-1 now.  23-11 shots in favor of the Canucks...too bad Raycroft is in the net.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Me don't like but Leafs up 3-0.  Got to track even when the Leafs win.
    A little mention , the worse of the West (Oliers) beat the worse of the East (Canes).  Yet another example of how the west is superior than the east conference.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

3-3 now sweet!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from fireballer58. Show fireballer58's posts

f*cking oilers... biting us in the @$$ since gretzky

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxpeat. Show soxpeat's posts

Toronto got a point with two late goals, but at least they lost in overtime.  Still, we want regulation time losses.  The Leafs are the only silver lining to our putrid season.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxpeat. Show soxpeat's posts

Canucks and Carolina make this a good night despite Bruins loss.  Now if Edmonton can beat Calgary.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

5-3 Cannucks!!  Beautiful!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

A certain former Bruin just scored on Luongo after 52 seconds of the first to give his team a 1-0 lead.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Well we'll get to see Ilya in his new Uniform against Lufas tonight. This time it will be Broduer in net for NJ so we'll see how well Phil does.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Man Broduer looks ordinary tonight one 5 hole goal well looked like are guy Thomas. Leafs all over Broduer's Ilya Devils 3-1

Cmon Parise your supposed to be getting ready for the Olympics. Move it!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

A bit of a surprise so far tonight: Leafs up 2-1 with 7 minutes left in the second period.  Gotta admit, Toronto looks very confident.  They're playing a fast-paced game and bringing it to the Devils.  Second goal found its way through Brodeur's pads. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

Wow!  What puck movement on the PP by NJ to tie the game with seconds to go in the third.  Holy Moly!  Guess what?  The Devils have just scored again to go up 4-3 with Pandolfo putting in a rebound.  Two goals in the final 60 seconds.  Game over.  4-3 Devils.  (Gonna listen to the Leaf post-game show now to hear the fan faithful's reaction.)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

Rickard Wallin makes it 3-1 Leafs!!  Brodeur not looking too sharp!  The Leafs are throwing their weight around against NJ.

Sections
Shortcuts