Toronto Record Tracker

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tukkainnet. Show tukkainnet's posts

Re: Toronto Record Tracker

Toronto Record 
    0-4-1 (1pt) Worst Record in Hockey
    Down 3-1 to Colorado in the 2nd Period
    Last place in ESPN Power Rankings (Bruins were 21st)
    Already using their 3rd string goalie

Draft Projection:  Yup, still good.....unfortunately our own 1st looks good as well.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Too bad the Bs don't get to play the Leafs until December. Another laugher is Brian Burke can't take his mistakes out on Ron Wilson because that's his Olympic coach.

It just gets better and better with every lowlight Maple Leaf video on nhl.com but don't worry Ontario just like the Mick from Medford said "Phil the Thrill" will save Toronto come November or January or...Whenever

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tukkainnet. Show tukkainnet's posts

Down 4-1 to Colorado in 2nd

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from joeschmo25. Show joeschmo25's posts

As for players making the team shortly after being drafted, that is completely random. It depends on the player's style and the team's plans, though if a player works hard enough he can earn himself a spot on the roster. Kessel was a high pick for a bad team, same with Thornton, Samsonov and Mclaren. Colborne was viewed as a project player from the moment he was picked.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Have any of you been watching the Leafs?  Never mind the 3 games, I also watched them preseason.

They are horrible.  HORRIBLE.

Wayne Primeau? 

How desperate do you have to be to bring in Jason Allison?  Look at the list of free agents out there, and they brought in Allison?

The Leafs have an excellent chance of finishing last overall. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tukkainnet. Show tukkainnet's posts

Hall, Fowler, Kabanov.....all work for me.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Back to the subject of this post.
    Rangers 7.  Leafs 2.
    Right now the Leafs have the worst record in the NHL, with no wins and 1 ot loss.  The Islanders have 3 otl losses.

As I said in my last post, have you watched the Leafs?  They are HORRIBLE.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tukkainnet. Show tukkainnet's posts

Interesting article....thought I would link it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeffersonjames. Show jeffersonjames's posts

dkrejci46 is the board azzclown, pay him no mind

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker:
    PS. OMG what is up with Krylian's avatar!?
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

I feel like my brain was turned inside out.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker : San Dog read this  TO is sold out until the next Millennia, no matter the owner, they had Ballard, Jacobs has nothing on him. Ticks there are probably more than in B. I agree on the trade front(more important for trades), as long as TO is losing the better our picks look to locking up a scorer, then again our own losing right now makes our own pick look good. LOL! Posted by No4BobbyOrr-GOAT

I've read and heard about Ballard quite a bit. That's why I rarely complain about what or how Billionaire sports team owners do to true sports fans.

I think Toronto hockey sports have been loyal longer than Boston hockey sports fans IMO because of they had the Leafs before we had Bobby Orr. Let's face it the reason we started getting MDC and other public rinks in New England is because of Orr. The Bruins most likely would have moved without his arrival.

So Leaf fans will watch and pay no matter what Brian Burke does nor what Ballard did. Hmmm sounds familiar.

PS. OMG what is up with Krylian's avatar!? Ahhhh can't you complain No4 ?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker : The NHL has a draft-day lottery .  If Toronto finishes last, it is about 50/50 that the pick would be the #1.  Bottom 5 means there is a chance of it being #1 as the pick can only improve by four places.
    Posted by DrCC

You also can only go back 1, so TO finishing last guarantees at least a 2nd pick.
    They will not finish last and we will not have this pick come June. Burke will put his fat a** in the net if it comes to that and we will have gone for a scorer.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

WHOOSH!  And people will be like, "What was that?" And they'll be like, "That was Phil Kessel!"  And it'll be like, "Goal!" and "Kessel Scores!" and "Kessel Leads Leafs to Cup, Marries Brian Burke's Daughter!" Man, it's going to be GREAT. Just you wait.
    Posted by MedfordMickey

I"ll bet Kessel is wishing he was back in Boston right now. Leafs will be eliminated from playoff contention in record time this year. I wouldn't be surprised if they are done by year's end. That would look great on Burke.

As much as I like the kid, he's entered the Toronto "bermuda" triangle......where up and coming "stars" quickly vanish (with rare exception) or are traded away. You just wait and see........I've seen it MANY times here in Toronto. Just too much pressure from media and fans. At least he'll collect a fat paycheque though. Maybe that will help ease the pain a bit....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Most of the "experts" from TSN, The Hockey News, Vs, and ESPN disagree with you and think that Toronto is going to finish in the bottom of the pack and possibly last overall.  Just as long as we get a top 5 in this years draft I'll be happy.
    Posted by tukkainnet

Don't rely on the experts 2 years ago we made the playoffs and we were picked to be bottom feeders.

For a laugh here's the experts mock draft right now:

http://www.mynhldraft.com/NHL-Mock-Draft/

No way do we finish for 9th pick and no way do we pick a guy whose name is vomit. I'd like Mark Stone(#24)around 30. I really like MacFarland listed at #5.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

While it's fun to enjoy TOs misery right now, they're not going to be a cellar dwellar by season's end anymore than the Bruins are going to be sitting outside of the top 8.
    Posted by eddy75

Disagree.  Watch Calgary, Detroit and the Bruins.  They are losing games, but your can see the flashes of brilliance here and there.  They all have character and a good quality effort is made when they are losing.

Toronto's problems run deep, very deep.  No flashes of brilliance.  Komiserak casually skating back to his own net, making a half hearted effort to cover someone and tipping the puck into his own net with his head sums it up perfectly.  It was not just the bad bounce, but the total lack of effort, plus even if he hustled it was the wrong idea because he was picking up the wrong guy.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from eddy75. Show eddy75's posts

Most of the "experts" from TSN, The Hockey News, Vs, and ESPN disagree with you and think that Toronto is going to finish in the bottom of the pack and possibly last overall.  Just as long as we get a top 5 in this years draft I'll be happy.
    Posted by tukkainnet

I dont' give a flying f### what any experts think. They're just a bunch of blowhards who like the sound of their own voices and don't know anything more than you or I. Two years ago the same 'experts' had the Bruins finishing last overall and last year they had them finishing out of the playoffs. Man, did they ever get those picks right!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker : I myself would never want or expect a high pick to be an immediate superstar. Personally I think it's asking too much of a young budding star. Having all these draft picks the next 2 years is more important to for trades. I've been hearing and reading that the Toronto fans are being very critical of Brian Burke on there hockey boards. As that what's been happening on the Leaf hockey boards No4 ?
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

San Dog read this

http://www.leafsforever.ca/index.php?showtopic=17452

Sounds like some of our Jacobs and Chia boards. TO is sold out until the next Millennia, no matter the owner, they had Ballard, Jacobs has nothing on him. Ticks there are probably more than in B.  Burke has said there will be no change to their coach Wilson has his confidence, says he has coached over a 1000 games and there will be many multiplayer deals before he is fired.

I agree on the trade front(more important for trades), as long as TO is losing the better our picks look to locking up a scorer, then again our own losing right now makes our own pick look good. LOL!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

No more complaining(too much), Wife is having me committed for talking(screaming) at TV on Monday.

Frustration with play does not have me screaming for trades etc. just for them to play like they can.

My biggest beef is NTC for Sturm, he would be gone plus drafts for Scorer.

Gaborik and Heatley both of whom we passed on are earning their dough.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Help....Could somebody clarify this trade with Toronto. If toronto finishes last, we (Boston) gets the overall first pick next year? If Toronto finishes second to last, we get the 2nd pick? So, we (Boston) might have a shot at Taylor Hall? Which, if eligible, analysis say would of been picked before Tavares last year? This would be unbelievable to have this kid in a B's uniform.
    Posted by bluefox70

The NHL has a draft-day lottery.  If Toronto finishes last, it is about 50/50 that the pick would be the #1.  Bottom 5 means there is a chance of it being #1 as the pick can only improve by four places.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from eddy75. Show eddy75's posts

While it's fun to enjoy TOs misery right now, they're not going to be a cellar dwellar by season's end anymore than the Bruins are going to be sitting outside of the top 8.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Rangers started hot last year and look where they ended up, barely made playoffs and were beaten easily.

TO like the rest of us still have 76 games to play.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker : The NHL has a draft-day lottery .  If Toronto finishes last, it is about 50/50 that the pick would be the #1.  Bottom 5 means there is a chance of it being #1 as the pick can only improve by four places.
    Posted by DrCC

Thanks for the clarification. Thats AWESOME, I hope the Leafs enjoy Kessel as they finished in the bottom 5. Burke destroyed that teams future and the B's are looking at a great future.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from eddy75. Show eddy75's posts

In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker : Disagree.  Watch Calgary, Detroit and the Bruins.  They are losing games, but your can see the flashes of brilliance here and there.  They all have character and a good quality effort is made when they are losing. Toronto's problems run deep, very deep.  No flashes of brilliance.  Komiserak casually skating back to his own net, making a half hearted effort to cover someone and tipping the puck into his own net with his head sums it up perfectly.  It was not just the bad bounce, but the total lack of effort, plus even if he hustled it was the wrong idea because he was picking up the wrong guy.
    Posted by BadHabitude

Komisarek isn't the be all and end all of Toronto's D. They are a better team than last year when they were essentially a .500 team. Once they get going, they'll show it. We might get a top 10 pick out of it but I think that's even stretching it.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In case nobody noticed, they also picked up Beachemin, who played a bigger role in Anaheim's cup run than almost anyone gives him credit for. Posted by eddy75

Beauchemin did not pave the road to winning a cup .  Niedermayer played the big role on D to winning the cup. 
    Yes he's got a big shot and can hit but he's horrible in your own zone.  He hasn't been the same since his injury missing almost a full season.

Sections
Shortcuts