Toronto Record Tracker

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from canubthatdumb. Show canubthatdumb's posts

Re: Toronto Record Tracker

go celtics

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan084evr. Show bruinsfan084evr's posts

Lots of spec Ponikarovsky to Pitt is done but we're told not quite yet. Sure looks like Poni to Pitt for a prospect.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker:
    [QUOTE]went at it all day? You give me too much credit, I don't spend that much time here :)
    Posted by davecarr[/QUOTE]

Periodically during the day. 
    LOL

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan084evr. Show bruinsfan084evr's posts

cains beat the sabres 4..3 ot go cains

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]Maybe no one else noticed this, but the Leafs haven't gained any ground the last couple of weeks....
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

But they haven't lost any ground over the last 2 weeks, so the Leafs have been as successful as the stretch they had in the summer of 09.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

@SanDog.  There will be blood ! 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Edmonton won last night.  We're 4 points away from 1st overall.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Notex. Show Notex's posts

Edmonton, unfortunately, might actually look worse than toronto at this point....only seen one game recently but man they stink!!! I dont see them making up the points on the leafs...plus why would they be highly motivated after they put their entire team up for sale basically..

I think its pretty much garunteed top 3 pick (I beleive the way the lottery works you can only drop one spot if your in top 5) so I think TOR should finish 2nd to last at worst (for us).

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

Those @%#&!! Leafs beat the Sens in a shoot-out 2-1.  PK scored one of the SO goals.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

Freakin SENS!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

HOCKEY NIGHT IN CANADA reported that most of the Ottawa team has the flu. There were 3 guys that couldn't play [including Alfredson], and 8 others the coach said shouldn't be playing, but there was no choice.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Da Lufas are at Ottawa tonight the Senators should climb all over them.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

GO SENS GO !

GO OILERS GO !

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

Let's hope the Flyers succeed tonight in Philly where the Sens in Ottawa did not last night.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

SanDog, Legion - With the Sens having lost their last game Thursday to the Canes, let's hope they come out smokin' against the arch-rival Leafs tonight.  Edmonton is only 4 points back of Toronto in the over-all standings.  Unfortunately, their next game is at home tomorrow against the Devils but, hey, you never know.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Now I don't feel so bad Toronto beat a team that right now is better or has played the month of January n Febuary better than the Bruins.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

[QUOTE]Edmonton won last night.  We're 4 points away from 1st overall.
    Posted by bim09[/QUOTE]

4 points from a 48.8% chance of first overall, but a guarantee of Hall or Seguin. 

Oilers actually have one more win than the Laffs, though the Laffs have a game in hand.  Probably oversimplifying it a bit but, the Oilers are twice as close to the Leafs as the Leafs are to the third-worst Canes.

Toronto doesn't have the most difficult schedule down the stretch, though.  The Bruins get them once more, and they have two each against Philly and Ottawa, one vs. Jersey and one vs. Pitt.  Other than that, they're playing teams out of the hunt or fighting for a 7-8 spot - two against the Rangers, two against the Habs, two against the Thrash, plus the Bolts and the Isles.  At least the Bruins get another shot at them, and the Oil play them head up - loser take Hall!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

They both dumped quite a bit of players so I guess it's up to Kessel to help carry the offensive load now. Should be interesting from here on in for sure.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

when the season started I think most of us where thinking top 10 pick.  Now were thinking top 2 or 3. Thanks PC you rolled the dice and won.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from joeschmo25. Show joeschmo25's posts

I know it's only one game but it's not a good sign for Ottawa if they can't score more than 1 goal against Toronto. Oddly enough the defense and goaltending is what kept Ottawa in the game.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Kessel would have made little to no difference given the way the rest of this team has played.  He doesn't make guys around him better.  Never has, never will. Most likely he'd have gotten sucked into the same vortex.

A little math on the Laffs.  Right now, they're recording points at a 40% clip.  At that pace, they'd add a grand total of 14 points over the next 17 games (that's rounding up...).  Right now, they're 8 points back of the Isles and 4 up on the Oil.  That means that if the Islanders can record only 6 points over the next 1 games, they'd be no worse than tied with the Leafs.  6 points is 18% of the total available. They're on a 46% pace right now. 

Look at it the other way: at their current pace, the 28th place Isles will finish the season with 76 points (another 16 over 17 games).  That would mean that the Laffs would need 24 points in 17 games to tie - meaning they'd need to collect 69% of their available points.  Over the course of the whole season, only the Caps, Sharks, and Hawks have played that well.

I'd say that makes it highly unlikely that the Laffs finish any higher than 29th overall.

If the Laffs stay on pace and finish with 66 points, the Oil would need 18 points to catch them - slightly better than 50% of the available points.  Now, the Oil have played at a 37% clip, so that's a jump, but it seems much more likely that the Oil can play 500 hockey than that the Leafs can play 700 hockey.

So it's first or second overall before the lottery, meaning fourth after the lottery isn't a concern.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Notex. Show Notex's posts

I think edmonton is playing better now...

Toronto could have really used that pick!!!

I have to admit though, we really miss kessel, he was the only explosive player on the ice when we played them... he is NOT worth the money or the picks toronto gave up

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

[QUOTE]I don't think they lost on that trade, but we definitely won. They took a chance and they got their building block for the team. Kessel will be build around from here on out, and that's what he wants. He performed here because he was the best goal scorer on the ice, which he loved. But when he figured out he was only part of the team, not the central focus of the team, he wanted out. He's going to be more like Dany Heatley than most people know.  This trade may be remembered as a good one in the end. We could build a dynasty with the fruits of this trade and Toronto could build a long term winner with their return, which is what the fans want. Fans evaluate trades by what the other team got, GM's evaluate trades by what they received. Different sides of the same coin but it's a small reason why they're making trades and we're talking about them. 
    Posted by joeschmo25[/QUOTE]

I think you've summarized well.

I'm happy with what I've seen with Kessel overall and I actually think he's matured more then when he first got here. 

He is an exciting player to watch, offensively, and the Leafs needed that.  We've got him for 5 years and it can only get better as we surround him with better players, Kadri will be one, but I like what Bozak has done so far.

Bruins get 1 of the top 3 picks this year and at least a top 10 pick next year so you have to like their chances of getting an impact player this year and possibly one next year as well.  Would I rather have Hall or Kessel?  I think I'd rather have Hall given where the Leafs are in their evolution.  Kessel is hitting his stride now and it may take Hall a couple of years before he hits his.  Leafs have already benefited from Kessel's scoring this year, while Bruins didn't do anything to compensate for Kessel. But the Leafs are still a couple of years away from being really competitive.   Hall should score 15-20+ next year depending on who he plays with and how much playing time he gets.  He is surrounded by better players so he should do well. I also think PC will want to redeem himself by not finding some scoring this year and want PJ to play Hall a lot.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from joeschmo25. Show joeschmo25's posts

I don't think they lost on that trade, but we definitely won. They took a chance and they got their building block for the team. Kessel will be build around from here on out, and that's what he wants. He performed here because he was the best goal scorer on the ice, which he loved. But when he figured out he was only part of the team, not the central focus of the team, he wanted out. He's going to be more like Dany Heatley than most people know. 

This trade may be remembered as a good one in the end. We could build a dynasty with the fruits of this trade and Toronto could build a long term winner with their return, which is what the fans want.

Fans evaluate trades by what the other team got, GM's evaluate trades by what they received. Different sides of the same coin but it's a small reason why they're making trades and we're talking about them. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattymcgee55. Show mattymcgee55's posts

The Oil w/ a nice shutout yesterday. Leafs are really struggling, Edmonton is only 4 points back. Bruins cant give the Leafs any more garbage points w/ OT or shootout losses.