Toronto Record Tracker

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Re: Toronto Record Tracker

Canes are 6-3-1 in their last ten.. I don't think Toronto will catch them.. TML are playing playoff teams from now till the end.. Impressed with the Isles last night against Vancouver..never would have thunk it...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

3-0 for the Leafs vs the Sens.  Not too good for us...the Sens are going down pretty bad.  Flyers trailing 3-1 ia better news.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

When you think it couldn't get any worse ... Leafs win .
    Some good news, Canes won also but Panthers lose in SO

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Notex. Show Notex's posts

I just posted this on another thread. 

I am not sure why everyone is making the assumption that we won't pick 3rd. (isn't seguin and hall consensus #1 an 2?) 

Picking third would leave us with Fowler (assuming 1 and 2 are hall/ seguin) 

I am starting to like fowler more and more as a prospect and dont think I would mind selecting him at all.

I dont think a rookie is going to be a major difference maker immediately anyways next year so why not take the best player available even if he happens to play D

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

Let's not take anything for granted yet but it is looking good.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Notex. Show Notex's posts

why does toronto have to start winning games...their season was over months ago but they are playing 10x better than us....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker:
    [QUOTE]“They don’t score a lot of goals,” Devils coach Jacques Lemaire said, “but they (Leafs) play hard shift after shift.” Comment after last nights Devils/Leafs game. I don't think we can say the same about the B's
    Posted by scotland19[/QUOTE]

Watching them I have to agree, it is incredible that they are doing it on pure adrenaline.  And I do mean pure adrenalin because I believe I see a team that is not as fit as they should be, at least not as fit as they should be to play that type of style.  The Bruins really ought to be looking at Leafs game film to see what hustle really looks like.

If this leafs teams paid more attention to conditioning, they would be a lot more succesful.  Again, it is incredible that they are going as well as they have, I watched them tonight against the Habs and came in mid way through the third.  The Leafs were totally out of gas and the Habs got the tying goal.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

Toronto 3pts behind Florida......shat.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

The Leafs just beat the Habs 2-1 in a SO.  PK pinged one off the post behind Halak during the SO but it stayed out.  He is one deadly shooter, man.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

The Leafs just took a 2-1 lead over Montreal late in the second period on, yes, him again, Kessel's 28th goal.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]That pick is getting worse and worse! Toronto is playing well and the Canes suddenly look as bad as their record suggests (I thought they were better than their record for a while) Anyways....lets keep this thread going, this interests me more than the playoff run as of now....
    Posted by Notex[/QUOTE]

??????
    That pick is NOT getting worse and worse. 

They are second worse overall now as they have been.

When that changes - then there will be something to worry about.  And even then, they will have to maintain that.  Do you guys realize just how hard that will be in a league this tight?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxpeat. Show soxpeat's posts

Damn Leafs win again, 3-2 in the shoot out.  That pick is looking worse and worse.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

This is who they have coming up.  I don't see any wins there for them.

at Atlanta Thrashers   
     vs. New York Rangers   
     at Pittsburgh Penguins   
     vs. Atlanta Thrashers   
     vs. Buffalo Sabres  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]The Leafs just beat the Habs 2-1 in a SO.  PK pinged one off the post behind Halak during the SO but it stayed out.  He is one deadly shooter, man.
    Posted by RichmondHillOntario[/QUOTE]

Correction: Make that 3-2 Leafs in a SO.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

What are you people talking about???

Yesterday or the day before the Canes had 4 points on the Leafs, Today they have 5 points on the Panthers.  AND the Panthers have a game in hand.

Remember something here
    TWO things have to happen
    The Leafs must win
    AND
    The teams in front of them must lose.

It looks a lot close than it really is.  Plus time is not on the side of the Leafs.  Plus notice the big scramble of the non-playoff teams - and who's still last?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Man I have to root for the Habs twice in one week. Burke is on NHL home ice radio today think i'll phone in offer a bribe LoL!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from scotland19. Show scotland19's posts

“They don’t score a lot of goals,” Devils coach Jacques Lemaire said, “but they (Leafs) play hard shift after shift.”

Comment after last nights Devils/Leafs game. I don't think we can say the same about the B's

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]“They don’t score a lot of goals,” Devils coach Jacques Lemaire said, “but they (Leafs) play hard shift after shift.” Comment after last nights Devils/Leafs game. I don't think we can say the same about the B's
    Posted by scotland19[/QUOTE]

Being out of playoff contention, the Leafs are playing for next year's jobs.  I can't recall which one but either Burke or Wilson told them after the trade deadline that they have the rest of the season to make an impression on the management.  Kessel was quoted this week as saying the club is "playing for each other." 

If any club should fit the description Lemaire offered, it is our Bruins who are perched dangerously on the edge of a playoff spot with no guarantee that they can hold on to it.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

[QUOTE]This is who they have coming up.  I don't see any wins there. Mar. 25 at  Atlanta Thrashers   Mar. 27 vs.  New York Rangers   Mar. 28 at  Pittsburgh Penguins   Mar. 30 vs.  Atlanta Thrashers   Apr. 1 vs.  Buffalo Sabres
    Posted by bim09[/QUOTE]

They weren't supposed to beat Ottawa, Boston, New Jersey or Montreal either. The team is young, playing for jobs next year and no pressure.  All bets are off.....

Realistically, I think BadHab is probably right, not enough games to catch all the teams directly in front of them, although I think they will ultimately catch 1 of Islanders, Columbia, Carolina or Florida just based on the schedule remaining.  Still, depending on how the balls go, the Bruins could still get 1st, 2nd or 3rd pick.

As a Leaf fan, first, I'm very encouraged with the team Burke has put together now and with Kadri coming next year it should be better.  Even Gustovasson is starting to look better.  Kessel scored another laser.....beginning to think this trade will work out well for both teams.

Regardless of where the Leafs finish, I watched the whole Leaf/Hab game and it's obvious what is lacking in the Bruin game right now.  There simply isn't enough team speed either at the forwards or the defence.   That's why they need someone like Hall.  Hopefully the Bruins focus on picking up some more speed.

Montreal absolutely flies out there and Toronto is also a very fast skating team (but not quite as fast as Montreal).

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

The visiting Panthers have jumped into a 1-0 first period lead over the Leafs.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

Its now 3-0 Florida with just under six minutes left in the third.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Was Kessel being punished tonight after he did that idiotic end to end attempt?  (He  started the play from behind his own net like a defenseman and carried it down to the other face off circle where he ran out of gas and threw the puck away).

After that I didn't hear his name much and I don't believe he was out there when the Leafs pulled the goalie.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shaunk. Show shaunk's posts

Waiting on the 3 pt night to here for Carolina/Tampa to cap off the night right!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

See Phaneuf try to throw a huge hit, miss and slam into the boards. Ouch! LOL!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Watched the first period vs. Panthers tonight and you people must be kidding.

I swear to God I could coach the Leafs better than Wilson.  I am POSITIVE they don't say anything to Kessel at all, they just tell him to do whatever he feels like doing.

I can't tell you how many times I've been saying out loud "what are they doing??"

The Panthers got like 6,000 penalties and the Leafs couldn't capitalize on any of it, including a 5 on 3.

You guys that think they won't finish 2nd worst overall - if they don't, they will have gotten really really lucky.

Oh - and its 1-0 Panthers as Schenn turned it over REALLY bad for a breakaway goal, REALLY bad turnover as Schenn was totally asleep.

Sections
Shortcuts