Toronto Record Tracker

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Re: Toronto Record Tracker

In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker : We still friends BadHab after my last posts to you?......LOL Actually to be honest, I think time has almost run out.  Good run by the Leafs but Columbus beat Chicago twice so there's no chance to catch them. I think the only teams that the Leafs have a chance against catching are the Islanders and Carolina (not because they are worse but because they have a very tough schedule to finish the season). It will come down to the last weekend where Toronto plays in New York and Montreal.  If New York is out (which I'm expecting) and Montreal can't move anywhere else, then the Leafs have an outside chance to get points.   Otherwise they stay where they are p.s. I think Boston plays Carolina at the end so that will be an interesting game. All in all I can't see Boston getting a pick worse then 3rd, however it's all moot until the balls bounce.  Boston still will get a decent chance at #1 even if the Leafs pass 1 or 2 teams before the end of the season. P.S.  BadHab; I think I understand your comments around Kessel.  They come across as sour grapes at times, but I think I understand what you're saying and probably agree more with your assessment than you might think... Kessel is a talent but he can be frustrating at times.  He is NOT a physical player at all and doesn't really do much near the boards.  He may look like he floats around, but I think that's where he's most effective.  Not a good back-checker (can get better but will never be very good).  I think you're looking at a 40+ goal scorer with some obvious warts.  I think it will go down as a good trade for both teams. It's playoff time soon.....Go Bruins!
    Posted by LoveRealHockey[/QUOTE]

We sure are still friends!  And if the freakin globe didn't delete my posts from yesterday, you wouldn't be asking that today!  This is ridiculous.  I think once someone hits the 'report' button your post is gone no matter what it says.  And if you respond to someone calling you a jerk - your post gets deleted and not theirs.

Anyway, the reason I called Phaneuf a jerk was because of the hits like the Kopecky one.  He's not a cheap shot artist, but he plays on that edge where I think he's trying to hurt someone.

re: Kessel, with you and marco its the same thing, we all agree a lot more than it seems.  Yes, he's not physical, but my complaint is that he doesn't sacrifice the body - that is, he's unwilling to stickhandle into traffic.  He can do it, he can do it well, but he doesn't. 
    As far as floating goes, dead on - he is best floating, but that's the problem, he doesn't.  He carries the puck too much, instead he should be floating looking for a pass.  Instead of trying to carry it the length of the ice, just give it to somebody and get open.  He should be collecting passes in and around the neutral zone, not trying to rush it end to end.
    His speed is in short bursts and 200 feet is too long, 75 feet max is what he should do.

I was really shaken by yesterdays games vs. the Pens.  Maybe its just luck for when I tune it, but every game I've seen the Leafs play, the coach, team or someone does something really really stupid.  I didn't see that against the Pens, not once, a lot less running around, a lot more confident.  It looked like a break out game for them.  Same as I believe the Tampa game was a break out game for the Bruins, even tho they lost that one, but from what I saw that trend continued against Calgary.

I just hope that the Leafs team I saw play the Pens doesn't show up anymore.

And I hope this Bruins team that finally seems to have jelled keeps showing up.

After next year when we don't have any Leafs picks anymore, they will return to one of my favorite other NHL teams.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

Did you see Cooke taunting the Toronto bench when he scored? Such a scum bag!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

Pens tie it 4-4 with under 2 mins left in regulation.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]OK. For me it is now official worry time.  Not because of the points that they have, but because of today's performance.  It wasn't that the Pens were down.  I didn't see the Leafs do anything ridiculous like they have been.  Kessel appears to be tamed and doing what he should do, I hadn't considered that when he finally would get with the program, that that would be as big a boost to a team as it was a downer when he was on his own agenda. Also, Booth is out for the season for the Panthers.  Uh oh.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]
    Leafs remaining games are all against teams in the thick of the playoff race.I expect them to lose 4 or more out of the 6.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

2 points for Carolina tonight (which means 0 points for Atlanta which eases the pain of tonight's loss), Florida just took the lead from the Preds. Hope this holds up...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

Matt Cooke ties it up!

Oh, the irony of it all...

<pause />

...now in  O.T.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker : We sure are still friends!  And if the freakin globe didn't delete my posts from yesterday, you wouldn't be asking that today!  This is ridiculous.  I think once someone hits the 'report' button your post is gone no matter what it says.  And if you respond to someone calling you a jerk - your post gets deleted and not theirs. Anyway, the reason I called Phaneuf a jerk was because of the hits like the Kopecky one.  He's not a cheap shot artist, but he plays on that edge where I think he's trying to hurt someone. re: Kessel, with you and marco its the same thing, we all agree a lot more than it seems.  Yes, he's not physical, but my complaint is that he doesn't sacrifice the body - that is, he's unwilling to stickhandle into traffic.  He can do it, he can do it well, but he doesn't.  As far as floating goes, dead on - he is best floating, but that's the problem, he doesn't.  He carries the puck too much, instead he should be floating looking for a pass.  Instead of trying to carry it the length of the ice, just give it to somebody and get open.  He should be collecting passes in and around the neutral zone, not trying to rush it end to end. His speed is in short bursts and 200 feet is too long, 75 feet max is what he should do. I was really shaken by yesterdays games vs. the Pens.  Maybe its just luck for when I tune it, but every game I've seen the Leafs play, the coach, team or someone does something really really stupid.  I didn't see that against the Pens, not once, a lot less running around, a lot more confident.  It looked like a break out game for them.  Same as I believe the Tampa game was a break out game for the Bruins, even tho they lost that one, but from what I saw that trend continued against Calgary. I just hope that the Leafs team I saw play the Pens doesn't show up anymore. And I hope this Bruins team that finally seems to have jelled keeps showing up. After next year when we don't have any Leafs picks anymore, they will return to one of my favorite other NHL teams.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]
    Yeah....I was wondering what happened there with the deleted posts.

Still enjoy your posts and nothing wrong with 'not seeing eye-to-eye' all the time.
    If we all did, there wouldn't be much to discuss or debate.

Bruins are on a roll and I think they can be dangerous in the playoffs.  I'm really growing a hate on for the Pens so I'm kind of hoping the Bruins play them and knock them off.  Top 4 teams are going to be tough, but if you're going to go out in the 1st round, go out with a bang and lay a hurt on those Pens...

Don't let the game yesterday get you too worried.  Pens were without Gonchar and Malkin....2 key players, especially on the power-play.

Like I said, it comes down to the last weekend I think.  Carolina is the team to worry about.  Their schedule is brutal......

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

OK. For me it is now official worry time.  Not because of the points that they have, but because of today's performance.  It wasn't that the Pens were down.  I didn't see the Leafs do anything ridiculous like they have been.  Kessel appears to be tamed and doing what he should do, I hadn't considered that when he finally would get with the program, that that would be as big a boost to a team as it was a downer when he was on his own agenda.

Also, Booth is out for the season for the Panthers.  Uh oh.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Am I right in understanding that a Bruins win tonight would officially end the chances of a Leafs post-season?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker : Yeah....I was wondering what happened there with the deleted posts. Still enjoy your posts and nothing wrong with 'not seeing eye-to-eye' all the time. If we all did, there wouldn't be much to discuss or debate. Bruins are on a roll and I think they can be dangerous in the playoffs.  I'm really growing a hate on for the Pens so I'm kind of hoping the Bruins play them and knock them off.  Top 4 teams are going to be tough, but if you're going to go out in the 1st round, go out with a bang and lay a hurt on those Pens... Don't let the game yesterday get you too worried.  Pens were without Gonchar and Malkin....2 key players, especially on the power-play. Like I said, it comes down to the last weekend I think.  Carolina is the team to worry about.  Their schedule is brutal......
    Posted by LoveRealHockey[/QUOTE]

Yah, re: Gonchar and Malkin, it wasn't about the win/loss, but that the Leafs showed me something that I didn't see all year from them, that's what worries me.

If Carolina and Florida can win tonight, that will give some breathing room.

Ward is back for Carolina, but Booth is gone for the season from Florida.  Florida is now the weak link.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

Leafs tie the score 2-2 only to see those lovely Thrashers regain the lead 3-2 with just under 13 minutes left in the third.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Notex. Show Notex's posts

[QUOTE]2 points for Carolina tonight (which means 0 points for Atlanta which eases the pain of tonight's loss), Florida just took the lead from the Preds. Hope this holds up...
    Posted by davecarr[/QUOTE]
    Encouraging....

hopefully NYI beat NYR not only for this games sake but to keep them off our own backs...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

And while I'm at it - Isles up on the Rangers, Lightning up on the Jackets.  If the Bruins win, that's pretty much a perfect night.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

Tampa Bay and Islanders both blew early leads, so weren't able to gain any distance, but since Toronto lost as well, they maintain the 3 point lead, maintian their game in hand, and click one more game off of the season.

Hoped for better, but still optimistic that the Leafs won't pass anyone. Their last 5 games are against Buffalo (playing stong), Boston, Philly, Montreal, and Rangers, all of whom will be playing for their playoff lives, probably till the last game

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

Check that! Its now Thrashers 2, Leafs 0.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Would have been better if FLA won outright tonight, but at least they picked up the point going into OT.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Too bad Isles and Bolts lost. They could have gained their lead on Leafs.  It'll be a barn burner till the end for those picks.
    Anyways Bruins need to do themsleves a favor on Saturday nite and beat the Leafs.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

2-0!  Artyukhin!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

Yeah and the Isle have gave up 3 goals in the 2nd after leading 2-0 vs Rangers.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

Well, Florida only gained one point on Toronto, but at least they still have one more game in hand

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

Tyler Bozak cuts Atlanta's lead to 2-1 with just under two minutes left in the second.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

No score early in the second between the Leafs and Thrashers.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

Afineganov makes it 1-0 Atlanta.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

1-0 Thrashers!  Afinogenov.

Clearly, I'm against backing into the playoffs.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from shaunk. Show shaunk's posts

The leafs' last 5 games: against Buffalo, Boston, Philly, New York, and Montreal.  I know the Leafs are hot but 3 of those teams are fighting to stay in the playoff race, NY is fighting to get in, and Buffalo has Miller. 

Bring us Taylor Hall, PLEASE!

Sections
Shortcuts