Toronto Record Tracker

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxpeat. Show soxpeat's posts

Re: Toronto Record Tracker

I didn't know who to cheer for in this one, but since the Bruins won, it's alright that the Thrashers also won.  Leafs are still 3 back of the Islanders, Lightning, and Panthers with 5 games left.  God, the Leafs need to get on a losing streak.  Bruins need to take care of business on Saturday night in regulation in Toronto.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

The Thrashers beat the Leafs 3-2 in regulation time.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker:
    The leafs' last 5 games: against Buffalo, Boston, Philly, New York, and Montreal.  I know the Leafs are hot but 3 of those teams are fighting to stay in the playoff race, NY is fighting to get in, and Buffalo has Miller.  Bring us Taylor Hall, PLEASE! Posted by shaunk

Put it in the Bank! Sequin wouldn't be bad either. A friend of mine who works in marketing at Staples got me tickets to the Draft this summer can't wait to see the look on Burke's face when Chiarelli hands the Bruins jersey over to either one of those future stars. As the espn cameras pan to Brian head in hands Priceless...

http://twitter.com/NotBrianBurke

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Where's BadHab ?  Did Kessel play ? Everytime on switched on that game I didn't see him on the ice.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

Where's BadHab ?  Did Kessel play ? Everytime on switched on that game I didn't see him on the ice.
    Posted by BsLegion

He was -1, so yah, he played!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

The Bruins will control the fate of that pick with Saturday's game.  Win outright, and I don't think Toronto can catch anyone with only four other games.  Lose and you get the Laffs within 1 of two teams, and it's more likely one of those two teams will falter than not.

Gotta say - Stahlberg and Bozek are currently playing like first-round picks, and they were the reason Burke felt he could wheel the bounty for Kessel.  From time to time, Stahlberg looks like Kessel with size - not physical, but with size.  We'll see if they're still this impressive in a fresh season when there's more on the line.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Notex. Show Notex's posts

I agree we cannot expect only th other teams to do the job for us.  The Bruins have left 4 points on the table to the Leafs.  They have to make sure they don't allow them to get another 2 points on saturday!!
    Posted by lucaooo

Not to mention trying to win because of the whole "making the playoffs" thing

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Good old Leafs, even when they are not playing, just got this over twitter from the 4th period

Primeau took a Sjostrom shot to the ear, broke his stick in frustration.

Way to go leafs, at least Wideman hurts his own players (Bergeron) during the game.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxpeat. Show soxpeat's posts

yeah Legion, the B's better win that game against Toronto.
    Posted by shaunk

in regulation time

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

Buffalo doesn't seem to be interested in helping the cause... they are up 4-1 in the 2nd

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shaunk. Show shaunk's posts

yeah Legion, the B's better win that game against Toronto.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Posted by BsLegion

athde crapped out on me.  Didn't get to see the game at all.  Did some math on the games left.  To me it looks like we got #2 and #3 pick at worst.  I started a thread.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

I agree we cannot expect only th other teams to do the job for us.  The Bruins have left 4 points on the table to the Leafs.  They have to make sure they don't allow them to get another 2 points on saturday!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

And Tampa wins !  They take advantage of their game in hand.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Buffalo doesn't seem to be interested in helping the cause... they are up 4-1 in the 2nd
    Posted by davecarr

And do you know what really sux ... Miller is in nets tonite and I bet tomorrow when they visit the Leafs they have Lalime in nets !!!
    I don't think the Sabres want to help our cause.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Cane's win, too :) I think that makes Boston 7th? Posted by davecarr

Yep because they have a game in hand. Just win vs Florida tomorrow and TO Saturday then the Bruins are almost locked into at least 6th place.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

bs last 4 are very tough  at wsh  home to buf and car  and at wsh again 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

Cane's win, too :) I think that makes Boston 7th?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

It was a good night....if only Florida could get it together for two more wins.  Maybe the B's could win in OT tomorrow..

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

Toronto gets two from Buffalo, but Isles getting 2, Florida got 2, so they don't gain any ground, instead the clock just ticks down another notch and they are still 3 points behind everyone else, only now there are just 4 games to go...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

But Tampa and Canes look to win tonight, if they do, then they just have to win won more to be unreachable by the Leafs - even if the Leafs win the remainder of their games.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

As Tiger Williams used to say, the Leaf chances of passing anyone is just about 'Done Like Dinner'.......... On another note, though, how good is Carolina with a full lineup? They are a very good team now (what is their record since Staal came back?) and because of their season they get a chance at a lottery pick. I'd be very worried about Carolina next year.....
    Posted by LoveRealHockey

Bizarre thing?  EA sports did an official simulation of the season when NHL10 came out, and the Hurricanes won the Presidents trophy.  Seriously.
    The first half of the season made that look like a total joke.  Now?  Maybe it wasn't so far-fetched after all.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

As Tiger Williams used to say, the Leaf chances of passing anyone is just about 'Done Like Dinner'..........

On another note, though, how good is Carolina with a full lineup?

They are a very good team now (what is their record since Staal came back?) and because of their season they get a chance at a lottery pick.

I'd be very worried about Carolina next year.....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Tomorrow night will be big as every night.

Toronto death watch is ON!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

It just occurred to me this afternoon, next year Komiserak will be back in the line up.

oh boy! oh boy! oh boy!

I wonder how well he'll get along with Phaneuf?

No matter, he is a detriment out there.  There's no one I'd rather see in the opposing line up more than Komiserak.

Sections
Shortcuts