Toronto Record Tracker

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

Re: Toronto Record Tracker

Hey what a bunch of loosers those Leafs.  No offense to the fans but they are being coached not to lose the games.  I mean when the score was 1-1 they where playign chip the puck out of the zone all night.  If it was not for Gustafson and the posts the Bruins would have blown them off the building.  They are lucky that they got away with one point!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker:
    In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker : I don't get why they didn't go with Ward tonite and lose a valuable point.. I don't get that at all.. You have nothing to lose, you still have a shot at the playoffs and so what Ward played last night..he will have plenty of rest when they don't make the playoffs.. Puzzling to say the least.. Looks like something Claude would do..
    Posted by cowboys9

I think they are just about mathematically eliminated, they are 6 points out and nearly everyone within reach has a game in hand - except Atlanta.  They would have to win all of their remaining games, and the way they are playing they could actually do that.  Problem is, the 5 teams in front of them must also lose.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

My reply to another post, but it is worth mentioning twice.

Magic numbers
    If Toronto loses 2, they clinch second worst, no one else's record matters.

or assuming Leafs win every game left. (they have 3 games left)
    Bolts and Panthers need 4 pts each (e.g. 2 wins or 4 otl) (they both have 4 games left)
    Isles and Canes need 2 pts ( e.g. 1 win each or 2 otl) (Isles have 4 games, Canes have 3)
    Columbus needs only an otl loss (1 pt) (Columbus has 2 games left)

or assuming Leafs wins 2 of their last 3
    Bolts and Panthers need 2 pts each (they both have 4 games left)
    Doesn't matter what anyone else's record is.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

Well, max Toronto can get now is 78 points. That means 2 points each for Carolina and Islanders and Toronto can't catch them (Leafs would lose the 'wins' tiebreaker)

4 points each for Tampa and Florida would guarantee Toronto finishes second last overall.

One more Leaf loss and it will be a matter of Tampa and Florida splitting their season ending home-and home :)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

As Tiger Williams used to say, the Leaf chances of passing anyone is just about 'Done Like Dinner'.......... On another note, though, how good is Carolina with a full lineup? They are a very good team now (what is their record since Staal came back?) and because of their season they get a chance at a lottery pick. I'd be very worried about Carolina next year.....
    Posted by LoveRealHockey

I don't get why they didn't go with Ward tonite and lose a valuable point.. I don't get that at all.. You have nothing to lose, you still have a shot at the playoffs and so what Ward played last night..he will have plenty of rest when they don't make the playoffs.. Puzzling to say the least.. Looks like something Claude would do..

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

You know I was not impressed with the Leafs last nite. Yes they came out strong but in the end it's the Bruins not able to score goals that kept the Leafs in that game.
    I find the Leafs skate and work hard but they just lack talent to put the puck in the net.  Kessel has proved if you want to stop him it's very possible .  Next season teams will concentrate stopping him when they play the Leafs.  I hope Mr. Bourke still thinks Kessel is a game changer....  we can get another good 1st rounder .

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan084evr. Show bruinsfan084evr's posts

via twitter: A snappy answer from Krejci when asked if Bruins lack confidence: "You should ask Toronto. We're in a playoff spot."

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Tomorrow nite in Toronto is as important as it gets. 
    Basically they're destiny is in their own hands , present and future.
    I've been disappointed so many times this year but a loss against the Leafs and that'll be my peak disappointment of the season .

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

Tough guy Kessel (choker) was no help:

"It was another frustrating game for Toronto’s Phil Kessel(notes), who spent time in the dressing room during the third period with what Wilson said was a cramp. The winger failed to score in six games against his former team and finished with just one assist and a minus-5 rating while facing the Bruins this season.

Kessel declined interview requests after the game."

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shaunk. Show shaunk's posts

Burke will get the Leaf's to where it needs to be within two years.  The picks are not important when the money that TO has is involved.  There are a ton of really good RFA's up this season (Bobb y Ryan, anyone?)and I would expect burke to place an offer that the other team would not match.  They have the lower picks to do it also.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

Burke is gambling PK's superior to whomever our club gets in the draft and that aspect will continue to be a sub-plot between the teams until that pick hopefully emerges as an impact player.  The difference is Kessel joined a franchise rebuilding from the minors up.  The Bruins' pick will be joining a team much further along the road to contending for the Cup. 

Today's Toronto Sun says "Burke never expected a risk this big when he dealt two firsts and a second for Kessel.  But Burke can also point to Kessel's 30 goals in 61 games..."  True enough but as I see it, there's pressure on both sides to make the best out of this deal for these respective clubs. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

Burke will get the Leaf's to where it needs to be within two years.  The picks are not important when the money that TO has is involved.  There are a ton of really good RFA's up this season (Bobb y Ryan, anyone?)and I would expect burke to place an offer that the other team would not match.  They have the lower picks to do it also.
    Posted by shaunk

The leafs cannot make an offer to ANY RFA's, because they no longer have their own #1 & # 2 draft picks to offer as compensation.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from brunod. Show brunod's posts

The Leafs have 3 games left vs. the Flyers, Rangers and Habs, I would like the Leafs to beat Philly and lose the rest to help us out. The Bruins are still in a tough spot and may need help to get into the playoffs with having the Caps twice, Sabres and a must win vs the Canes. This could go to the very last game vs the Caps and that may not be good for the Bruins. Good luck to the Bruins on both the pick and the playoffs.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I think the Leafs should win only the one vs the Rangers because i believe that the Rangers will have the upper hand vs the Flyers.
    Posted by lucaooo

I don't even know about that.

The one thing I do know for sure is that everybody they meet has a HIGH motivation factor to win.  Rangers have to overcome the Flyers to squeak into the playoffs.  Flyers looking to maintain or increase their playoff spot, Habs looking to improve their playoff spot.  Maybe - just maybe their last game, the Habs might not care because they might have clinced their spot by then, but that's all I can see.

They have 2 certain tough games left, and probably all 3.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

I think the Leafs should win only the one vs the Rangers because i believe that the Rangers will have the upper hand vs the Flyers.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker :    The leafs cannot make an offer to ANY RFA's, because they no longer have their own #1 & # 2 draft picks to offer as compensation.
    Posted by biggskye

They could only get cheap RFA, under $2,615,625.
    My source http://www.nhlscap.com/offer_sheets.htm

So the idea would be to find a RFA that a team has given up on, and find a diamond in the rough that way.  Like Wheeler.  Oops! Wheeler makes 2.8.
    But he could sign... um...  Mark Stuart!  or Johnny Boychuk!

But I see a problem with the Leafs next year, if Burke wants to sign the same team he has now, that puts him at about 51 mil - and that's not counting Gustavson, who is currently at 2.5 mil and certainly deserves a raise.  Not resigning ANY of his ufa's is currently about 8 mil.  Now, how much of a raise does Gustavson deserve?  I'll just say 3 mil to be conservative.  That puts the Leafs at 54 mil next year.  As I've said before and I'll say it again, I don't see a way for the Leafs to improve much next year.  If someone wants to burst my bubble and tell me how they will improve, I'm all ears.  I don't see how they could afford a Kovalchuk.  They are at 43 mil next year not signing any of the UFA's or RFA's (7 players + one goalie), so if they sign Kovie, that takes them to 53 with 6 players to sign plus Jonas.  So how can they improve very much next year?

I see another high Bruins pick next year, I would guess within the top 10 or so, but they could easily finish near the bottom again.  I don't think its an unreasonable guess, to move up 8 sports from the previous year is an enormous improvement and an unrealistic expectation.  I would say that's the equivalent of the Bruins moving up 6 spots since things are tougher at the top, and that's a pretty unrealistic expectation.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

all i know is tue vs phily and wed at nyr  im pulling for the leafs

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker : I believe the Bruins can make it on their own.  Might sound outrageous, but I think they have a good chance against the Caps because all the Caps ought to be interested in is a playoff tune up since they've clinched everything there is.
    Posted by BadHabitude

Like what I said.

Columbus eliminated from 2nd worst race.

One of the following has been mathematically eliminated:
    Panthers  Canes Lightning

Islanders need 2 pts out of 4 games.

It's just about a done deal.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Fek ya!  Go Flyers!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from joeschmo25. Show joeschmo25's posts

The good news is is that Tampa and Florida have each played one less game than Toronto, and they play each other twice in the last 4 games they have left. That in itself may secure the 29th overall position for Toronto. They are the only two teams with a legitimate chance to take over the 29th spot, Carolina has played too well to fall in their last 3.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

all i know is tue vs phily and wed at nyr  im pulling for the leafs
    Posted by bruins8

I believe the Bruins can make it on their own.  Might sound outrageous, but I think they have a good chance against the Caps because all the Caps ought to be interested in is a playoff tune up since they've clinched everything there is.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Posted by shaunk

Bobby Ryan makes 1.9 now.  Ryan has 31 goals now.  Kessel has 30 goals now granted 10 less games, so to square things up let's say Kessel is a 40 goal scorer and Ryan a 30+ goal sorer.  So if Kessel is worth 5.4 mil now, then Ryan is worth 3.6-4 and that's being conservative.  So that would cost a 1st and 3rd pick, or another 1st 2nd and 3rd round pick, which the previous post pointed out - Burke can't afford.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Tampa worries me they are not playing well ar all as of late.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

Go Flyers....anyone rooting for the Leafs hasn't been a New England sports fan long enough.  I wouldn't take any chance of the Leafs moving to the three spot...I want them to gain ZERO points in their last three games.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Tampa worries me they are not playing well ar all as of late.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

What's Tampa's record vs the Leafs?  If it goes to a tie breaker.  Then again, it's lighting vs. panthers twice for the last 2 games of the year.

Sections
Shortcuts