Toronto Record Tracker

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LeafFan. Show LeafFan's posts

Re: Toronto Record Tracker

In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker:
    [QUOTE]WOW!! Unbelievable job by the men is stripes tonite.. Way to rip off Florida.. I guess there is a new rule now you can run a goalie and score no problem?  Would like to be in the room tomorrow with Director of Officiating and Steve Wolkem and the first question should be " What were you thinking? " Also third goal shouldn't have counted either , Florida should have gone on the PP after Giguere chopped a Florida player behind the net with the official standing right there with  whistle in pocket...Unbelievable!!
    Posted by cowboys9[/QUOTE]

Uh, no. The refs allowed Florida to hack and chop at Giguere prior to that due to the non-call on Orr. They couldn't call Giggy on that for fighting back. There should have been a couple of penalties on Florida for goaltrender interference prior to that.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

WOW!! Unbelievable job by the men is stripes tonite.. Way to rip off Florida.. I guess there is a new rule now you can run a goalie and score no problem?  Would like to be in the room tomorrow with Director of Officiating and Steve Wolkem and the first question should be " What were you thinking? "

Also third goal shouldn't have counted either , Florida should have gone on the PP after Giguere chopped a Florida player behind the net with the official standing right there with  whistle in pocket...Unbelievable!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker :  Uh, no. The refs allowed Florida to hack and chop at Giguere prior to that due to the non-call on Orr. They couldn't call Giggy on that for fighting back. There should have been a couple of penalties on Florida for goaltrender interference prior to that.
    Posted by LeafFan[/QUOTE]

Leave it to a Leafs fan to attempt to justify a stolen game. Worse than Yankees fans. At least the Yankees fans have a reason to be obnoxiously arrogant.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]From the AP: It was the kind of play that is almost always called goaltender interference. Panthers coach Pete DeBoer was livid after the game and suggested he needs a tutorial from the NHL on what kind of play warrants that penalty. Even Wilson acknowledged there should have been a call.     “Colton took the goalie out and it should have been a penalty,” Wilson said. “Let’s be honest. But they didn’t see it so you take what you can get.”
    Posted by duinne[/QUOTE]

Too bad not many guys like him out there.  Good for you Wilson,  respect.
    Game over move on...
    LRH,  you're a true hockey fan !

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker :  Uh, no. The refs allowed Florida to hack and chop at Giguere prior to that due to the non-call on Orr. They couldn't call Giggy on that for fighting back. There should have been a couple of penalties on Florida for goaltrender interference prior to that.

Spoken like a true blue Leaf fan.. Congrats !! I would like to believe that if there was that goaltender interference on Giggy as you state that it would have been called a penalty .. I didn't see it through these unbiased eyes , I watched the game with my son who happens to be a diehard Leaf Fan and even he admitted the Leafs stole one tonite..

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LeafFan. Show LeafFan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker : Spoken like a true blue Leaf fan.. Congrats !! I would like to believe that if there was that goaltender interference on Giggy as you state that it would have been called a penalty .. I didn't see it through these unbiased eyes , I watched the game with my son who happens to be a diehard Leaf Fan and even he admitted the Leafs stole one tonite..
    Posted by cowboys9[/QUOTE]

Huh? THe refs missed a call on the goaltender interference . They weren't going to call one on Florida and the Panthers knew it. It was open season on Giguere. The commentators were saying that before the Kessel goal.

To make it clear, the Orr goal was a joke and shouldn't have counted. I just totally disagree with your point that Giggy should have had a penalty.

And they did score another goal so they may have won anyways.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LeafFan. Show LeafFan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker : Leave it to a Leafs fan to attempt to justify a stolen game. Worse than Yankees fans. At least the Yankees fans have a reason to be obnoxiously arrogant.
    Posted by duinne[/QUOTE]

I'm not justifying anything. I'm just disagreeing with that one point. And don't assume they would have lost the game without the Orr goal.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shaunk. Show shaunk's posts

1st 'Control your own destiny' win of the season, courtesy of your Boston Bruins.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

The refs need to call the penalties that are there as opposed to even-up calls(or non-calls).

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker :  I'm not justifying anything. I'm just disagreeing with that one point. And don't assume they would have lost the game without the Orr goal.

The game would have had a different complexion had that goal been disallowed as it should have - AND with Orr sitting in the box for 2 minutes for goaltender interference.  A pp in a tied game has a pretty major effect.

I didn't see anyone tackle JS.  I hardly see how that balanced things out.

It was a bad call that had a major effect on the game.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker :   The commentators were saying that before the Kessel goal.  Posted by LeafFan[/QUOTE]

Leaf commentators on Leafs TV (Doesn't matter if it's Rogers Net or not) were saying that Giguere should have been allowed to slash back ? Really go figure Leafs commentators were being biased hmmm

The Colton Orr goal was highway robbery it changed the game the Panthers basically quit playing after that and you know it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker : The game would have had a different complexion had that goal been disallowed as it should have - AND with Orr sitting in the box for 2 minutes for goaltender interference.  A pp in a tied game has a pretty major effect.  I didn't see anyone tackle JS.  I hardly see how that balanced things out. It was a bad call that had a major effect on the game.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]
    Definitely a penalty and definitely a turning point in the game.

As a Leaf fan, this happened way too many times against us last year so it's nice to get one going our way for a change.    Got to beat teams like Florida if there's any chance of wanting to make the playoffs.

The game was likely going into OT the way it was shaping up.  Mostly a boring game overall.  Florida looks awful and definitely in rebuild mode.

However, Leafs were outplaying Florida most of the game,  Florida didn't really get many quality shots on Giguere and scored a somewhat lucky goal after Giguere was knocked over.

Chalk this one up to an ugly win.

Expect to see Leafs lose in Boston on Thursday 3-1 or 4-1.  Toronto has a lot of speed, but if teams neutralize them between the blue lines, like Boston does well, they run into trouble generating offense.

P.S.  I don't really care about Wideman 1 way or the other, but I thought he played a pretty good game overall outside of the Kessel goal.  He was one of the better Panthers last night.  Wideman's a good skater but Kessel blew by him and used his trademark snapshot.  Nice goal.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker:[QUOTE]1st 'Control your own destiny' win of the season, courtesy of your Boston Bruins. Posted by shaunk[/QUOTE]

Poor whittle bruins8 must be crying with his Philaparazzi play toy in his arms. When the games get tough and their is tight checking he's nowhere!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Just heard on the fan590 a Toronto sports talk show that Versteeg has to have an MRI done because of persistent back spasms. They said maybe there might be some structural damage . Colby Armstrong out 4-6 weeks. Now Versteeg . Toronto's lack of quality depth just might bring them a losing streak and the B's a higher draft pick . Let's hope.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker : Perimeter player,  that's all he is .  Oh, and he can't even outrace the slow footed Chara (as Z haters call him). I've always said after the Bruins got eliminated by the Canes, " Where was Kessel ???" BadHabitude (maybe at the game) come on down !!!  He says it best ,  scores on non-playoff teams,  when the score is out of reach and when Wideman is on the ice .  
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

Yup, I was at the Bruins game tonight and thoroughly enjoyed myself.

Yah, that player you speak of did what he typically does - big game, and where is he?  Bueller?  Bueller?

How bad is it that your team captain tries to inspire his team and promptly takes a beating and falls on his back side?

This appeared to be a humiliating defeat for the Leafs.  Humiliating.  Shut out.  Shut down.  And the captain takes a beating.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I'm just curious why Orrr was so tamed last night .   I'm sure when the Bruins go to Toronto they'll want to make up and get after the Bruins.  One thing,  I want is Horton on the ice ,  not saying he must back down from a fight but not fighting a goon like Orr or Brown and out 15mins (like last night) for fight and misconduct.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker : Poor whittle bruins8 must be crying with his Philaparazzi play toy in his arms. When the games get tough and their is tight checking he's nowhere!
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Perimeter player,  that's all he is .  Oh, and he can't even outrace the slow footed Chara (as Z haters call him).
    I've always said after the Bruins got eliminated by the Canes, " Where was Kessel ???"
    BadHabitude(maybe at the game) come on down !!!  He says it best ,  scores on non-playoff teams,  when the score is out of reach and when Wideman is on the ice .

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker : Perimeter player,  that's all he is .  Oh, and he can't even outrace the slow footed Chara (as Z haters call him). I've always said after the Bruins got eliminated by the Canes, " Where was Kessel ???" BadHabitude (maybe at the game) come on down !!!  He says it best ,  scores on non-playoff teams,  when the score is out of reach and when Wideman is on the ice .  
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

True dat Legion Philaparazzi gets his goals but not in tight checking games ala Craig Janney!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

Horton picked his fight quite well I thought. Where was Phaneuf when Seguin had so much space to score? Sitting in the box that's where ;-P

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

Surprise surprise. Leafs drop 4 of there last 5.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from shaunk. Show shaunk's posts

Kessel, Phil Kessel...what? Kessel, Phil Kessel...WHAT?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker:[QUOTE] I think the Bruins sent them into a tail spin honestly.  Then Thursday night he went back into vintage classic Kessel, outrageously lazy line changes, perimeter shooting, very afraid of getting hit. Like the Bull Durham movie, million dollar arm and 2 cent brain.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

You did call it BadHab!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I think the Bruins sent them into a tail spin honestly.

Phil started the season reborn.  Lost weight.  Was starting to be responsible, was starting to go into traffic and more aggressive.

Then Thursday night he went back into vintage classic Kessel, outrageously lazy line changes, perimeter shooting, very afraid of getting hit.

Like the Bull Durham movie, million dollar arm and 2 cent brain.

Then having your captain try to spark you up and the fight lasts a couple of seconds and he throws a punch while lying on his back, at very best it was a slip and fall and worse he went down with the first punch.  Actually, I don't know which is worse.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Well so much for Versteeg being out . He plays tonight.

http://www.torontosun.com/sports/hockey/2010/10/30/15890241.html

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]Just heard on the fan590 a Toronto sports talk show that Versteeg has to have an MRI done because of persistent back spasms. They said maybe there might be some structural damage . Colby Armstrong out 4-6 weeks. Now Versteeg . Toronto's lack of quality depth just might bring them a losing streak and the B's a higher draft pick . Let's hope.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]

I would be in heaven with another high pick.