Toronto Record Tracker

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Re: Toronto Record Tracker

They're finding their level.  Injuries to Colby Armstrong shouldn't mean being shut out over 120 minutes.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker:[QUOTE] And the honeymoon is ova !
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

Can you spell : H I G H D R A F T P I C K guess a few sapporo's gets you typing in CAPS when thinking of the gift that keeps on giving Philaparazzi LoL!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker : Phaneuf wasn't just caught out of position - he handed the puck straight to Callaghan. Made me LOL. He is so horribly overrated it's not even funny.
    Posted by duinne[/QUOTE]

There was a small piece in today's sports section of The Toronto Sun, specifically writer Rob Longley's breakdown of last night's loss to the Rangers in  which he suggests "the love affair, if you could call it that, between Leaf fans and their new captain, Dion Phaneuf is being put to the test." 

Longley does concede that Phaneuf "probably deserves a little more respect just 10 games into his captaincy."  Fair enough but right now, its uncertain to say whether he'll regain the form he had during his best years with the Flames.

The front page of the sports section had this clever headline "Blankety-blank Leafs shut out for second game in a row." 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker : ha ha ha you saw that !  I capped the night with a Stella , I was feeling international till I passed out .    LOL.  My wife left me on the coach watching Flames - Caps. To all you Ontarian's out there what are they saying now that their parade down Young Street has been put on hold ?

Out of interest does Stella have the same nickname over there as it does over here? I'm rather partial to a Sam Smiths or Brooklyn lager but maybe that's just because they're 'exotic' Surprised

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker : What nickname ?

Ah you'd better just google 'stella artois nickname'. It has a reputation for being really strong and turning people into nutters. Then again the Brits tend to drink way too much in the first place!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker : Can you spell : H I G H D R A F T P I C K guess a few sapporo's gets you typing in CAPS when thinking of the gift that keeps on giving Philaparazzi LoL!
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

ha ha ha you saw that !  I capped the night with a Stella , I was feeling international till I passed out .    LOL. 
    My wife left me on the coach watching Flames - Caps.
    To all you Ontarian's out there what are they saying now that their parade down Young Street has been put on hold ?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker : Ah you'd better just google 'stella artois nickname'. It has a reputation for being really strong and turning people into nutters. Then again the Brits tend to drink way too much in the first place!
    Posted by Kurako[/QUOTE]

lol  " Wife beater " ?  Really ?  Hey , I just crashed and my wife left me there.  I didn't a lay a finger on her .  ha ha

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker : Out of interest does Stella have the same nickname over there as it does over here? I'm rather partial to a Sam Smiths or Brooklyn lager but maybe that's just because they're 'exotic'
    Posted by Kurako[/QUOTE]

What nickname ?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

RHO,  the knock on the Leafs was who will score ? 
    Kessel cannot do this by himself he can be easily neutralized.  This is why Burke went out and get Versteeg, problem is while he's good player the role he had in Chicago (playing with Sharp) they didn't rely on him to put the puck in the net and didn't have to worry about playing against the best checkers on the opposing team. In Toronto he plays on the Leafs number 1 line and against the best checkers night after night.  A complete different scenario.
    Versteeg is suffering from back spasms and that will not go away. Either he stops for 2-3weeks (still no guarantees and most times re-occurs) or he'll have to play through it for the rest of the season taking shots before each game for the pain .  All this to say he cannot be a factor for the Leafs problems, scoring.
    Phaneuf , if things continue getting worse ,  the wolves will turn on him and the finger pointing will start.
    The Kaberle rumors will start again soon as Burke will be looking for secondary scoring.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]The Rangers have just gone up 2-0 on the Leafs after Ryan Callaghan scored on a penalty shot after being tripped up on a breakaway by Kessel moments before the end of the second period.  Phaneuf was also caught out of position on the play.  The fans are booing the home side.
    Posted by RichmondHillOntario[/QUOTE]

Phaneuf wasn't just caught out of position - he handed the puck straight to Callaghan. Made me LOL. He is so horribly overrated it's not even funny.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

If I were a Leafs fans I would just be going berserk.  It is so so so obvious how to right the ship, but they don't do it.

Discipline - too many really stupid penalties and too much irresponsible hockey.

They started the year like that and I got worried.  Now they reverted and I couldn't be happier.

My conspiracy theory is that Wilson is letting the media enforce discipline.  Phaneuf, Komiserak and Kessel have to be taking heat when they get out into the public.  Or Burke is trying to sell tix and part of that plan is to let guys do whatever they want.

Loss vs. Bruins shows what a fragile team they are psychologically.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Awesome.  I just noticed this.  Leafs are playing Ottawa tomorrow.  After the Bruins made the Sens look horrible I expect them to come out strong against their rival Leafs.  Leafs haven't scored in a couple of games either, so it won't be an easy night for either team.

I think the road is uphill for the Leafs schedule wise.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

Legion - True enough.  Rob Longley also mentioned in today's Sun that both the Bruins and NYR shut down PK "which will quickly be the opposition's strategy unless someone else breaks through and provides some backup offence.." 

Versteeg was obtained to provide secondary scoring and he still may but last week in an interview, I heard him say he couldn't devote the usual amount of attention to his back and core muscles due to the high demand for appearances after winning the Cup. 

Kessel can score with the best of them but you're right, he'll need help if that team is to make a move up the ladder.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]If I were a Leafs fans I would just be going berserk.  It is so so so obvious how to right the ship, but they don't do it. Discipline - too many really stupid penalties and too much irresponsible hockey. They started the year like that and I got worried.  Now they reverted and I couldn't be happier. My conspiracy theory is that Wilson is letting the media enforce discipline.  Phaneuf, Komiserak and Kessel have to be taking heat when they get out into the public.  Or Burke is trying to sell tix and part of that plan is to let guys do whatever they want. Loss vs. Bruins shows what a fragile team they are psychologically.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

BadHab - Thursday's loss also exposed how they don't measure up very well against clubs with strength at center.  No disrespect intended but Tyler Bozak is their top C.  A shifty player, to be sure but he's no Krejci, Savard or Bergeron.  Grabovski, Christian Hanson and Tim Brent round out the Leafs down the middle.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker : BadHab - Thursday's loss also exposed how they don't measure up very well against clubs with strength at center.  No disrespect intended but Tyler Bozak is their top C.  A shifty player, to be sure but he's no Krejci, Savard or Bergeron.  Grabovski, Christian Hanson and Tim Brent round out the Leafs down the middle.
    Posted by RichmondHillOntario[/QUOTE]

OUCH !

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

Leafs are going to be in tough when they are playing tight checking teams.

They really outplayed the Rangers, but Linquist was incredible in net, although many of the shots were from long distance.

Defense and goaltending has been solid but they are simply too small up front and challenged to score beyond Kessel.  They don't get any garbage or dirty goals because they don't have the personel to grind them out near the net.

Veersteg has had a lot of chances, but overall I've been disappointed in him.  He doesn't make the best choices this early in the season and he looks like he's pressing. 

Phaneuf is struggling defensively, to say the least.  He looks like he's playing in between, not confident to know when to attack and when to play back.

Schenn has been outstanding, though, and Komiserak is actually playing decent as well.

Leafs need some bigger centerman, Bozak is more suited to being a 2nd or 3rd line center.

They are not getting blown out and holding their own defensively but they need to find some scoring to even think about making the playoffs.

Bruins, on the other hand, look very impressive early on.  What have you guys fed Thomas this year?  Guy is on a mission.  He guesses right just about every time and looks spectular in the process.

I really like how Lucic is playing and that line is a legit #1 line in the league.

Aside from Chara, it almost doesn't matter who they put back there on defense. CJ's team defensive system is working to perfection early on.

We'll see where the teams stand after the next 10 games.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]Awesome.  I just noticed this.  Leafs are playing Ottawa tomorrow.  After the Bruins made the Sens look horrible I expect them to come out strong against their rival Leafs.  Leafs haven't scored in a couple of games either, so it won't be an easy night for either team. I think the road is uphill for the Leafs schedule wise.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

Sens are in a bad spot also and if their goaltending doesn't play well you'll be seeing "that guy" scoring on them. Leafs are kind of lucky along with the Habs on this early schedule.  Playing teams that are struggling.
    Next games for LEAFS,  Sens and Sabres
    Habs , Blue Jackets, Sabres and Sens again !

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Looks like things are starting to settle down and are getting back to normal in Leafland.

http://www.torontosun.com/sports/hockey/2010/10/31/15900256.html

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

wow ! I turned away from Habs game and just like that's 3-0 !  shoot!!!  Spezza just missed on a break-away!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

End of the first period.  Sens 1, Leafs 0.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker : When you're coming off of being 29th in the league, there are no soft games.
    Posted by LoveRealHockey[/QUOTE]

Coming off...key word there. They are a little better than that team I admit but if they rely on Versteeg to back Kessel in secondary scoring they're in trouble. 
    I still believe the Leafs will be looking to trade Kaberle. My guess ,  Tampa. They're in need of a PP quarterback ,  they have cap space and might just give the Leafs what thyey're looking for.  You heard here first.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Glad the subject of Versteeg has come up.  I've said all along that he was a product of his environment in Chicago, and, while I won't say he's proving my point just yet, I feel pretty confident.  Maybe that big black smudge some put of Chiapet's resume because of that trade can be downgrades to a smaller, grayer smudge?  I mean, it's a smudge.  He acquired Brandon Bochenski.  But still.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

burke says that leafs faithful booing phaneuf is "disgraceful"

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=339620

good times are back again.  Kaberle needs to pipe up again and Wilson has to have a public tantrum against Kessel and then Komiserak should get thrown in jail for a dui and I'll be happier.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Phaneuf injured.  Not surprised, he's been throwing his body around stupidly and altho this injury wasn't his own fault, his odds of getting hurt are doubled.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Okay, so I just turned it on, and I am really confused.  Not having sound on doesn't help, so what the heck just happened?  Was Phaneuf just hurt?

Sections
Shortcuts