Toronto Record Tracker

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Toronto Record Tracker

Music to my ears this evening gents while listening to the Leafs-Sens game on Sirius radio the Toronto 640 Leafs announcer proclaims "Colton Orr heading to the penalty box with the Leafs down 3-0 things couldn't get much worse!" Umm actually as far as I'm concerned sure they could Phanuef could be gone for an extended period of time if not the year that's not asking to much is it ?

Elliot robs Grabovski as I'm typing this Yes!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

Carried out of the rink on a stretcher after receiving a deep cut to his leg. I would guess tendon or ligament damage.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker:
    [QUOTE]  One clearly medicated guy just said they need Marc Savard to hook up with Kessel to generate offense.  The host shouts "He's injured right now!"  Caller replies "Doesn't matter!" 
    Posted by RichmondHillOntario[/QUOTE]

LOLOL

I'm dying  here :)

great post

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

Tukka.....I take back what I said about this thread topping 1500 posts. I will now say it will top 2000 easily, and if the leafs finnish in the bottom 5..... I will guess 2300 to 2600.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Hey look on the bright side.. tonite at least 1B-Kessel had 2 shots on goal in 23 shifts.. last game he had none in over 23 minutes of playing.. Does this guy come to play every night or what? 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

Wow!  Some Leaf fans on the Leafs' post-game show on AM 640 up here are freaking out!  While there have been some who state despite the team's hot start, the real Leafs are showing themselves and they're not that good, others are calling for Burke's/Wilson's head to roll and bring in Darcy Regeir to manage the club 'cause he's done such a good job with Buffalo using much less money. 

One clearly medicated guy just said they need Marc Savard to hook up with Kessel to generate offense.  The host shouts "He's injured right now!"  Caller replies "Doesn't matter!" 

Apparently, some caller asked for the Leafs to bring back Mats Sundin after last Saturday's loss to the Rangers!  Who's next? Doug Gilmour?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Yeah...here's the thing with Phaneuf....  As Wilson put it after the game, "We've got Brett Lebda ready to go...".  Now, I get that you might think Dion's struggles are better for the Bruins than his replacement, but when the replacement is Brett Lebda? 

167Min plus without a goal.  Well, I remember a similar Bruins stretch last year, and it was demoralizing to watch let alone live through.  5-5-1 after 11 puts the Loaves in 9th in the east.  I believe the pick, if the draft happened tomorrow, would be a top 11.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

Cream rises to the top, and sh*t falls to the bottom. Its the way life is.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RascalHoudi. Show RascalHoudi's posts

[QUOTE]3-0 uh oh.
    Posted by bim09[/QUOTE]
    Now THAT'S funny !!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker : Wishing injury on an opponent is bad karma.** with the exception of scumbuckets like Matt Cooke.Posted by duinne[/QUOTE]

Lets address karma and Phaneuf's punch to Horton's face while the linesman had come in to break up the fight that's a no no. Nathan could have been hurt badly but wasn't karma gods owed Horton for being a clean hockey player now Dion is hurt that's bad karma for Phanuef and that's fine with me.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker : LOLOL I'm dying  here :) great post
    Posted by OlsonicCreations[/QUOTE]

OlsonicCreations - Appreciate it!  The host, Andy Frost, who also serves as the public address announcer down at the ACC just let this guy rant for a good 2 minutes without saying a word.  At the end, Frost tells him to call back "when you're off the injury list." 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker : Lets address karma and Phaneuf's punch to Horton's face while the linesman had come in to break up the fight that's a no no. Nathan could have been hurt badly but wasn't karma gods owed Horton for being a clean hockey player now Dion is hurt that's bad karma for Phanuef and that's fine with me.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Meh. Throwing punches when apparently defeated in a scrum happens all the time. Horton got in a couple of good shots - call it even. Not anywhere near the stuff guys like Cooke and Carcillo pull on a regular basis.

I'm no fan of Phaneuf (can't stand the guy, frankly), but I'm not going to wish injury on him or dance in glee over it, because the next thing you know, they're carrying a Bruin off on a stretcher. Just my feeling.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

One of the video's under "Tuesday's Best" on nhl.com is "Phaneuf Hurt".

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

P. Kessel 0 0 0 -1 13:19 TOI

Beat me to it Ols glaring stats aren't they ? Innocent

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan084evr. Show bruinsfan084evr's posts

Toronto Maple Leafs captain Dion Phaneuf will miss approximately four to six weeks of action after suffering what the team calls "a significant leg laceration" on Tuesday against Ottawa. The team said on Wednesday that Phaneuf has already undergone successful surgery to repair the damage.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=618&id=81246

Say what you want about Gonchar's age or that he might have been overpaid in his latest contract but he still has a howitzer shot form the point.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

Can someone explain how the maple laughs came back from a 3-1 deficit after 2.  Now going in OT 4-4.  They must not get anymore points from that game!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

[QUOTE]  http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=618&id=81246 Say what you want about Gonchar's age or that he might have been overpaid in his latest contract but he still has a howitzer shot form the point.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

NHL.com is one of the best sites on the internet. Thanks sandog, yeah he certainly has a great shot. I couldn't see it that well in that clip.. How about that raffi torres goal huh?

Oh and another loss for Toronto!!! :)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker : Meh. Throwing punches when apparently defeated in a scrum happens all the time. Horton got in a couple of good shots - call it even. Not anywhere near the stuff guys like Cooke and Carcillo pull on a regular basis. I'm no fan of Phaneuf (can't stand the guy, frankly), but I'm not going to wish injury on him or dance in glee over it, because the next thing you know, they're carrying a Bruin off on a stretcher. Just my feeling.
    Posted by duinne[/QUOTE] f--k the leafs carry them off. Until next season that is. After that no ill will.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

Kessel, -1, 1 shot on net in the first two periods @ Washington.

Part of me feels bad for him, he has little help, but it's just obvious this guy is a complementary player and clearly can't carry the load.

Another O-fer against top competition?

it will be interesting to see Kessel's career, I think going to Toronto really hurt him. He could have scored more goals in Boston and made much more and made a lot more $$ his next contract.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

Semin just blasted a slapshot behind Gustavsson to win it 5-4 for the Caps! 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

shootout is on!!!!

.......flappy with the win!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Crud going to a shootout Washington had all kinds of chances during the OT with a poweplay Ovechkin must have had 10 shots Fack!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]Should be quite interesting to see how they fare without Phaneuf!  His absence may just illustrate his impact or lack there of on the team.
    Posted by RichmondHillOntario[/QUOTE]

They will miss Phanutter same as any of their top 4 - which hurts, but not like  a missing a *REAL* #1 dman and team captain.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

Should be quite interesting to see how they fare without Phaneuf!  His absence may just illustrate his impact or lack there of on the team.