Toronto Record Tracker

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

Re: Toronto Record Tracker

In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker:
    In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker : Yah, where is that Leafs fan who was on here saying "Burke schooled him in that deal."   I wonder if reality has finally sunk in.
    Posted by BadHabitude

I doubt it, bro.  Not even dynamite could blast that kind of one-sided, narrow-scoped view in another direction.  On the surface it would appear Phaneuf was the most talented of the four involved plus there is that old saying of whomever gets the best player in a trade, wins the deal but White, Stajan and Hagman may have been exactly what the Flames were looking for. 

All I can say is its a pleasure to have the knowlegeable likes of the LRHs and the Kovys (remember him?) to exchange objective opinions with.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

Crap, I guess we need to cancel the Stanley Cup parade in Toronto.....LOL

You may find it hard to believe, but the Leafs are not playing that badly overall, except for a bad stretch against Ottawa.  They were stoned by Lindqvist in 1 game and couldn't generate much offense the 2nd time around; both winable games if they could have finished better.  I think they outplayed Ottawa for the most part, but had hands of stone most of the night; reminds me a bit of what yo guys went thru last year.

They played well against Boston but are simply out-manned against your team which is bigger and more talented; not to mention the goaltender playing from another planet.  Game last night against Washington was actually a morale booster. Most wouldn't figure they'd match up well and most thought they'd get blown out.  They held their own for the most part.  I think they will actually match up better against teams that don't clog up the space between the blue lines so they can use their skating.

Their defensive game has really tightened up compared to recent history.
    Goaltending, although unspectacular, has been steady and hasn't cost them games unlike last year.

Their achilles heal is obvious.  They are simply too small up front right now, especially at center and not skilled enough to score regularly.  Still don't have anyone that can play with Kessel, so that will continue to be a problem going forward.

It's a comparison of the sublime to the ridiculas when you see what teams like Boston can field as their #1 and #2 centers (Krecji, Bergeron, Savard) versus Toronto (Bozak - more suited to #2 center in time, not there yet, Grabovski - skates really fast in circles, younger version of Blake).

This will continue to be their biggest problem.  3rd and 4th lines are doing okay for the most part.

I'm not confident at this point that they can make the playoffs unless they somehow can get stronger at center.  I do find them a lot more entertaining to watch then last year.  I think they need at least 1 strong center and likely another top 6 winger to make the playoffs though; which doesn't look good so far.

Versteeg has been a huge disappointment thus far (also looks like a younger version of Blake).  Phaneuf is NOT a $6.5 million player by any means, but he's been decent overall, despite what you've read.  Now a days every commentary about a player is based on how much they make and whether they are playing at their salary level, versus how effective they really are.  I guess that's fair.

Based on that assessment, the only players on TO that deserve their money so far are; Schenn, Gustovsson, Macarthur, Kulemin, Orr and Brown.   But they will miss Phaneuf, especially in terms of generating offensive chances and they really miss Colton Armstrong.  This team doesn't have the depth to deal with injuries.

You guys, on the other hand, have to be on cloud 9 so far.  Great start to the season; scoring, great defense and ultra-great goaltending.  Gotta think Boston is the #1 ranked team in the league right now based on the early going.  Detroit is looking pretty good too.

By the way, how bad are the Sabres this year?  Myers looks like last year's Schenn and perhaps Miller made them look better then they really are.  I guess if you put Miller on Toronto, we'd even look good.  I'm not overally impressed with them at all and I knew Boston would take them in the playoffs last year.

Cheers

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neecic. Show Neecic's posts

In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker : BadHab - Couldn't have said it better myself.  When the deal was made for him last season, the media outlets up here were deafening with their expectations of Phaneuf as though he were one of the league's elite premier defenders.  At the time, I was thinking "But Calgary swapped Matt Stajan, Ian White and Nik Hagman for this guy.  Those headed out west are not exactly front-line talent!"  It was proclaimed a steal by many a media talking-head.  So far this year, Luke Schenn is arguably the best Leaf D-guy despite Burke's flipping out earlier this week in defence of Phaneuf against the boo-birds who were on him down at the ACC.
    Posted by RichmondHillOntario

you obviously watch the leafs games because you are right, Schenn has been by far their best D.  Phaneuf will be missed, if for no other reason than it gives komisarek more minutes on the ice.  Possibly a confidence factor lost for his team aswell.  the fans that booed him are the same ones that will use his injury as an excuse I can garauntee that.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

Semin just blasted a slapshot behind Gustavsson to win it 5-4 for the Caps! 

yeah, what a ballsy, "I'm Russian and I'm better than you" slap shot by Semin.. WOW. He got that puck up so fast

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker : BadHab - Couldn't have said it better myself.  When the deal was made for him last season, the media outlets up here were deafening with their expectations of Phaneuf as though he were one of the league's elite premier defenders.  At the time, I was thinking "But Calgary swapped Matt Stajan, Ian White and Nik Hagman for this guy.  Those headed out west are not exactly front-line talent!"  It was proclaimed a steal by many a media talking-head.  So far this year, Luke Schenn is arguably the best Leaf D-guy despite Burke's flipping out earlier this week in defence of Phaneuf against the boo-birds who were on him down at the ACC.

Yah, where is that Leafs fan who was on here saying "Burke schooled him in that deal."   I wonder if reality has finally sunk in.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

If the Bruins get top 5 pick I will actually feel guilty.
    Posted by BadHabitude

QFT

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

LRH do you think the Kaberle "When will Burke ask Tomas ask to waive his NTC ?" watch starts ? Brian has a little over 3Mil under the cap right now. How soon does Burke make a move ?

I feel for you LRH but sorry not that bad I want another top 5 LOL!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

LRH do you think the Kaberle "When will Burke ask Tomas ask to waive his NTC ?" watch starts ? Brian has a little over 3Mil under the cap right now. How soon does Burke make a move ? I feel for you LRH but sorry not that bad I want another top 5 LOL!
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

Thanks SanDog, and I understand the motivation to see the Leafs drop to the bottom.  I'd want to same thing if the shoe was on the other foot.

Honestly, I think Kaberle stays.  I don't think he'll ask for moon and the Leafs should be able to absorb the contract under the cap without having to give up a lot.  He's playing pretty well and still can do a good job quarterbacking the offense.  Unfortunately the Leafs don't have the requisite parts up front to properly take advantage of someone like Kaberle.  His defense, although not great hasn't been too bad so far.

I'd rather they look to move Beauchmin instead, but that's not likely given his contract.

I suppose he could consider waving his contract to join a Stanley Cup contender, but I don't see it right now.  Any team that wants him, can get him without giving anything up in the summer.

Ironically, I think Kaberle would EXCEL on a team like the Bruins.  You pair him up with somone strong defensively (Stuard for example) and that would make up for the defense, but having him play quarterback with the players you guys have front would be fun to watch.  I think Bruin fans would appreciate Kaberle more then they do know if they saw how good he is at setting up the offense.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Notex. Show Notex's posts

Well, at least they lost.

Shootout loss might actually be better as it is way more de-moralizing

P.S - glad to see the Toronto Record Tracker thread here...They won't allow one on the HFboard (where I normally post)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from skater68. Show skater68's posts

Crap, I guess we need to cancel the Stanley Cup parade in Toronto.....LOL You may find it hard to believe, but the Leafs are not playing that badly overall, except for a bad stretch against Ottawa.  They were stoned by Lindqvist in 1 game and couldn't generate much offense the 2nd time around; both winable games if they could have finished better.  I think they outplayed Ottawa for the most part, but had hands of stone most of the night; reminds me a bit of what yo guys went thru last year. They played well against Boston but are simply out-manned against your team which is bigger and more talented; not to mention the goaltender playing from another planet.  Game last night against Washington was actually a morale booster. Most wouldn't figure they'd match up well and most thought they'd get blown out.  They held their own for the most part.  I think they will actually match up better against teams that don't clog up the space between the blue lines so they can use their skating. Their defensive game has really tightened up compared to recent history. Goaltending, although unspectacular, has been steady and hasn't cost them games unlike last year. Their achilles heal is obvious.  They are simply too small up front right now, especially at center and not skilled enough to score regularly.  Still don't have anyone that can play with Kessel, so that will continue to be a problem going forward. It's a comparison of the sublime to the ridiculas when you see what teams like Boston can field as their #1 and #2 centers (Krecji, Bergeron, Savard) versus Toronto (Bozak - more suited to #2 center in time, not there yet, Grabovski - skates really fast in circles, younger version of Blake). This will continue to be their biggest problem.  3rd and 4th lines are doing okay for the most part. I'm not confident at this point that they can make the playoffs unless they somehow can get stronger at center.  I do find them a lot more entertaining to watch then last year.  I think they need at least 1 strong center and likely another top 6 winger to make the playoffs though; which doesn't look good so far. Versteeg has been a huge disappointment thus far (also looks like a younger version of Blake).  Phaneuf is NOT a $6.5 million player by any means, but he's been decent overall, despite what you've read.  Now a days every commentary about a player is based on how much they make and whether they are playing at their salary level, versus how effective they really are.  I guess that's fair. Based on that assessment, the only players on TO that deserve their money so far are; Schenn, Gustovsson, Macarthur, Kulemin, Orr and Brown.   But they will miss Phaneuf, especially in terms of generating offensive chances and they really miss Colton Armstrong.  This team doesn't have the depth to deal with injuries. You guys, on the other hand, have to be on cloud 9 so far.  Great start to the season; scoring, great defense and ultra-great goaltending.  Gotta think Boston is the #1 ranked team in the league right now based on the early going.  Detroit is looking pretty good too. By the way, how bad are the Sabres this year?  Myers looks like last year's Schenn and perhaps Miller made them look better then they really are.  I guess if you put Miller on Toronto, we'd even look good.  I'm not overally impressed with them at all and I knew Boston would take them in the playoffs last year. Cheers
    Posted by LoveRealHockey

A mature insightful post and a pleasure to read.

A far cry from the name calling and childish posts often encountered.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker : re: Kessel, no, no one expects him to be physical, but he should go into traffic more, not take the perimeter shots so often and just outright hustle a bit more. Wilson?
    Posted by BadHabitude

Agreed Badhab.  You can't always get the pretty goals, you need to get your nose dirty and score some garbage goals from time to time and Kessel has to realize that.  It would help avoid those slumps he gets into from time to time and would keep the other teams honest.

Wilson?
    I think he's a good coach (he has the track record to prove it) and if you don't perform you sit, regardless of who you are.  I think that's a good thing.  However, I personally don't really like him or his coaching style.  I find him a bit too arrogant, for example, and I think he's weak on teaching the offensive side of the game.  He is also condesending if you don't agree with him and I think he criticizes his players in public too much.

When your powerplay continues to falter, for example, I gotta believe it's the system and not the players.  The Leafs have the players to have an effective powerplay, but it is frustrating to watch them fumble so much.  They never seem to screen the goaltender effectively and we have to lead the league  in missed shots and/or shots blocked.  Not enough motion etc.....

I know Burkey loves the guy, but it wouldn't kill me if the Leafs went with another coach if they continue to slide.  I like coaches with a bit more fire behind the bench (John Tortorella for example) and more imagination offensively.  In the end, you have to go with the horses you got, so the system is predicated by the type of players you have.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker : Note:  This is a long-winded reply, so ignore if you want (I had a little time on my hands). Discipline is a big part of the problem, but I actually think they are much more disciplined then even last year.  Having said that, it's hard to teach some old dogs, new tricks.  Need to improve more in this area - Agreed. Kessel is an interesting study.  I actually think he is at his best roaming around and looking to get into position where he can take his shot or drive to the net.  He should always be thinking offense first because that is his strength. I'm okay with that. Having said that, you need a centerman that can anticipate that and look for him in the open and also compensate defensively.  I have seen him play a bit more responsibly in his own end and he has used his speed to get back and make some plays in his own end, but that will never be his forte.  I don't mind that he has the green light to try and make things happen even with the risk of being out of position defensively.  They need his offense much more then they need him to play defense, I think. He will never be a physical player.  It's just not him and that alone is probably what frustrates  the Bruin fans when he was there and some Leaf fans as well. He is a scorer, plain and simple.  He really reminds me of Bossy in a lot of ways. Burke is also an interesting study.  I really, really, really want him to succeed and bring a winner to Toronto; however, objectively this my take so far. 1. Komisarek deal - Bad......I think he is decent and is playing much better lately, but not at the deal Burke gave him.  Way too much money for a 3rd or 4th level defender. 2. Beauchmin signing: Medicore -  Money is not that bad, but he's just not the same guy as he was in Anaheim.  Might be an instance of, great when surrounded by great players and medicore when he has to be the guy.  He's playing better lately, but boy does he give the puck up a lot. I wish he played more with an edge, which he is capable of. 3. Kessel deal - Bad (but not necessarily because of Kessel himself).   I actually like Kessel because he can be electric at times and that's the kind of hockey I like to watch.  However, why wouldn't Burke have signed Camalleri (sic) as a UFA instead and kept the draft picks?  He's only a bit older and a similiar talent, maybe better overall.  Also, I really think PC wanted to unload Kessel and I think Burke could have gotten him much more cheaper if he simply waited after the season started, especially since Kessel was injured at the time and there was some salary cap challenges - Burke mis-calculated here and made a mistake, potentially a fatal one.  I never thought the Leafs would end up 29th last year and the pick would end up to be Seguin.  Having said that, if you put Seguin on this Leaf team, we'd still be in a lot of trouble, maybe a bit more in the short-term.  Kessel today is better then Seguin today, but when you think about Seguin, Knight and ??? tommorrow....that could be really bad for the Leafs.....time will tell 4. Versteeg deal - Mediocre.   Another example of a player that might be great playing with better talent and not a front-line player on a medicore team.  I think it might still work out and the money isn't outrageous, but I hated to give up on Stalberg, especially since he had some size as well 5. Phaneuf deal - Money for Dion is real bad, but when you couple it with the money they would have spent to retain Stajan, White and Hagman, I actually think it's a wash.  I like Sjoberg and Aullie (the 6'6 defenceman might turn into something).  Dion is entertaining, sometimes too entertaining it terms of the risks he takes defensively.  I don't mind this deal, if you don't think about 6.5 million for the next 3 or 4 years too much......lol 6. Signing Gustovsson - Good move 7. Drafting McKegg, Ross and Kadri - Good 8. Signing Bozak, Hanson, Irwin - Good (but they are 2nd and 3rd line guys) 9. Orr/Brown/Armstrong - Very Good, given they are great role/character guys that you need on the 3rd and 4th lines. 10. Not giving Kaberle away in the offseason - Good 11. Getting Giguere for Blake - Very, very, very good......just based on getting rid of Blake even at the 1 year salary hit for Giguere.  Giguere will be good for the Monster who should take over goaltending next year. Bottom line:  I think the depth is getting better under Burke, and scouting ranks have really improved which should bear fruit in the next 2-3 years, but the players added to the NHL roster today, to make us competitive....not working out so far. God, I should have been a GM...........just the like the rest of us on this forum.....LOL
    Posted by LoveRealHockey

re: Kessel, no, no one expects him to be physical, but he should go into traffic more, not take the perimeter shots so often and just outright hustle a bit more.

Wilson?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Leafs don't hold 2-0 lead to Miller-less Sabres.  Fall 3-2 in SO. Posted by RichmondHillOntario

Philaparazzi 3 shots 21:48 TOI! -2 +/- ZERO goals in his last 5 games!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

Leafs don't hold 2-0 lead to Miller-less Sabres.  Fall 3-2 in SO.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

I kind-of-agree with you loveRealHockey, I don't think the maple leafs have been playing "badly" in the sense that they are playing up to their potential. They are generally hustling and playing hard.

However, this team just doesn't have the horses. I'm not expecting them to break out any time soon. I definitely don't think they will be making the playoffs, and the Bruins could be looking at another top 10 pick.

Another thing, What are the chances Kessel stays healthy? Just think about how brutal this team would be without PK, if he goes down (which history shows he will), this team could go on a losing streak that will make his return irrelevant.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Crap, I guess we need to cancel the Stanley Cup parade in Toronto.....LOL You may find it hard to believe, but the Leafs are not playing that badly overall, except for a bad stretch against Ottawa.  They were stoned by Lindqvist in 1 game and couldn't generate much offense the 2nd time around; both winable games if they could have finished better.  I think they outplayed Ottawa for the most part, but had hands of stone most of the night; reminds me a bit of what yo guys went thru last year. They played well against Boston but are simply out-manned against your team which is bigger and more talented; not to mention the goaltender playing from another planet.  Game last night against Washington was actually a morale booster. Most wouldn't figure they'd match up well and most thought they'd get blown out.  They held their own for the most part.  I think they will actually match up better against teams that don't clog up the space between the blue lines so they can use their skating. Their defensive game has really tightened up compared to recent history. Goaltending, although unspectacular, has been steady and hasn't cost them games unlike last year. Their achilles heal is obvious.  They are simply too small up front right now, especially at center and not skilled enough to score regularly.  Still don't have anyone that can play with Kessel, so that will continue to be a problem going forward. It's a comparison of the sublime to the ridiculas when you see what teams like Boston can field as their #1 and #2 centers (Krecji, Bergeron, Savard) versus Toronto (Bozak - more suited to #2 center in time, not there yet, Grabovski - skates really fast in circles, younger version of Blake). This will continue to be their biggest problem.  3rd and 4th lines are doing okay for the most part. I'm not confident at this point that they can make the playoffs unless they somehow can get stronger at center.  I do find them a lot more entertaining to watch then last year.  I think they need at least 1 strong center and likely another top 6 winger to make the playoffs though; which doesn't look good so far. Versteeg has been a huge disappointment thus far (also looks like a younger version of Blake).  Phaneuf is NOT a $6.5 million player by any means, but he's been decent overall, despite what you've read.  Now a days every commentary about a player is based on how much they make and whether they are playing at their salary level, versus how effective they really are.  I guess that's fair. Based on that assessment, the only players on TO that deserve their money so far are; Schenn, Gustovsson, Macarthur, Kulemin, Orr and Brown.   But they will miss Phaneuf, especially in terms of generating offensive chances and they really miss Colton Armstrong.  This team doesn't have the depth to deal with injuries. You guys, on the other hand, have to be on cloud 9 so far.  Great start to the season; scoring, great defense and ultra-great goaltending.  Gotta think Boston is the #1 ranked team in the league right now based on the early going.  Detroit is looking pretty good too. By the way, how bad are the Sabres this year?  Myers looks like last year's Schenn and perhaps Miller made them look better then they really are.  I guess if you put Miller on Toronto, we'd even look good.  I'm not overally impressed with them at all and I knew Boston would take them in the playoffs last year. Cheers
    Posted by LoveRealHockey

My 2 cents worth, they could improve the team immediately.  Team discipline needs to be there.  Looks like anyone can do whatever they heck they want.  The 2 extreme examples are the totally idiotic penalties and then there's Kessel who is out for a Sunday stroll on some shifts.  I thought they were disciplined over their first few games and I thought that's what was generating the wins for them.

I think the only thing for them to do is to apply the dynamite once again.  Keep those guys you mentioned, the goalies and dump everyone else.  Keep Kessel, but beat him into submission.  Actually a lot easier than it seems, a healthy scratch fires him right up.

I don't think Burke is the guy who can do it.  I question his ability to evaluate young talent.  And are some of the relationships built just becasue of the team USA connection?  That's Wilson and Komiserak.

No matter what, it won't be in time to save them this year.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker : Philaparazzi 3 shots 21:48 TOI! -2 +/- ZERO goals in his last 5 games!
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

Dawg, we know PK will be among the league leaders in goals this season.  Question is will all his scoring help his team climb in the standings?  Only for the sake of "First Round Pick Year Two," I hope not. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker : My 2 cents worth, they could improve the team immediately.  Team discipline needs to be there.  Looks like anyone can do whatever they heck they want.  The 2 extreme examples are the totally idiotic penalties and then there's Kessel who is out for a Sunday stroll on some shifts.  I thought they were disciplined over their first few games and I thought that's what was generating the wins for them. I think the only thing for them to do is to apply the dynamite once again.  Keep those guys you mentioned, the goalies and dump everyone else.  Keep Kessel, but beat him into submission.  Actually a lot easier than it seems, a healthy scratch fires him right up. I don't think Burke is the guy who can do it.  I question his ability to evaluate young talent.  And are some of the relationships built just becasue of the team USA connection?  That's Wilson and Komiserak. No matter what, it won't be in time to save them this year.
    Posted by BadHabitude

Note:  This is a long-winded reply, so ignore if you want (I had a little time on my hands).

Discipline is a big part of the problem, but I actually think they are much more disciplined then even last year.  Having said that, it's hard to teach some old dogs, new tricks.  Need to improve more in this area - Agreed.

Kessel is an interesting study.  I actually think he is at his best roaming around and looking to get into position where he can take his shot or drive to the net.  He should always be thinking offense first because that is his strength. I'm okay with that.

Having said that, you need a centerman that can anticipate that and look for him in the open and also compensate defensively.  I have seen him play a bit more responsibly in his own end and he has used his speed to get back and make some plays in his own end, but that will never be his forte.  I don't mind that he has the green light to try and make things happen even with the risk of being out of position defensively.  They need his offense much more then they need him to play defense, I think.

He will never be a physical player.  It's just not him and that alone is probably what frustrates  the Bruin fans when he was there and some Leaf fans as well.

He is a scorer, plain and simple.  He really reminds me of Bossy in a lot of ways.

Burke is also an interesting study.  I really, really, really want him to succeed and bring a winner to Toronto; however, objectively this my take so far.
    1. Komisarek deal - Bad......I think he is decent and is playing much better lately, but not at the deal Burke gave him.  Way too much money for a 3rd or 4th level defender.
    2. Beauchmin signing: Medicore -  Money is not that bad, but he's just not the same guy as he was in Anaheim.  Might be an instance of, great when surrounded by great players and medicore when he has to be the guy.  He's playing better lately, but boy does he give the puck up a lot. I wish he played more with an edge, which he is capable of.
    3. Kessel deal - Bad (but not necessarily because of Kessel himself).   I actually like Kessel because he can be electric at times and that's the kind of hockey I like to watch.  However, why wouldn't Burke have signed Camalleri (sic) as a UFA instead and kept the draft picks?  He's only a bit older and a similiar talent, maybe better overall.  Also, I really think PC wanted to unload Kessel and I think Burke could have gotten him much more cheaper if he simply waited after the season started, especially since Kessel was injured at the time and there was some salary cap challenges - Burke mis-calculated here and made a mistake, potentially a fatal one.  I never thought the Leafs would end up 29th last year and the pick would end up to be Seguin.  Having said that, if you put Seguin on this Leaf team, we'd still be in a lot of trouble, maybe a bit more in the short-term.  Kessel today is better then Seguin today, but when you think about Seguin, Knight and ??? tommorrow....that could be really bad for the Leafs.....time will tell
    4. Versteeg deal - Mediocre.   Another example of a player that might be great playing with better talent and not a front-line player on a medicore team.  I think it might still work out and the money isn't outrageous, but I hated to give up on Stalberg, especially since he had some size as well
    5. Phaneuf deal - Money for Dion is real bad, but when you couple it with the money they would have spent to retain Stajan, White and Hagman, I actually think it's a wash.  I like Sjoberg and Aullie (the 6'6 defenceman might turn into something).  Dion is entertaining, sometimes too entertaining it terms of the risks he takes defensively.  I don't mind this deal, if you don't think about 6.5 million for the next 3 or 4 years too much......lol
    6. Signing Gustovsson - Good move
    7. Drafting McKegg, Ross and Kadri - Good
    8. Signing Bozak, Hanson, Irwin - Good (but they are 2nd and 3rd line guys)
    9. Orr/Brown/Armstrong - Very Good, given they are great role/character guys that you need on the 3rd and 4th lines.
    10. Not giving Kaberle away in the offseason - Good
    11. Getting Giguere for Blake - Very, very, very good......just based on getting rid of Blake even at the 1 year salary hit for Giguere.  Giguere will be good for the Monster who should take over goaltending next year.

Bottom line:  I think the depth is getting better under Burke, and scouting ranks have really improved which should bear fruit in the next 2-3 years, but the players added to the NHL roster today, to make us competitive....not working out so far.

God, I should have been a GM...........just the like the rest of us on this forum.....LOL

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker :  Question is will all his scoring help his team climb in the standings?  Only for the sake of "First Round Pick Year Two," I hope not. Posted by RichmondHillOntario

As we know that's all I'm concerned with this is a rather long draught to start the season.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker : Dawg, we know PK will be among the league leaders in goals this season.  Question is will all his scoring help his team climb in the standings?  Only for the sake of "First Round Pick Year Two," I hope not. 

Not if he goes on these draughts . 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Glad the Globe didn't archive this lovely masterpiece thread whew! I would have been POd if they had...(Bump)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Yes, this is the jewel of the board!

I think this core of players marks the beginning of an era for the Bruins, given in large part by a gift from Phil.  Thank you Kessel!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Ditto on keeping the thread.  One of the best reads on here.  Thanks to all.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ksp1957. Show ksp1957's posts

Phil Kessel. The gift that keeps on giving. We get Seguin and Jared Knight for him and, hopefully if the Laffs tank again, we get another #2 overall pick. To coin a phrase, book it !!!Wink

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

1-0 Steve Stamkos with a rocket shot lets make it six loses in a row!

Sections
Shortcuts