Toronto Record Tracker

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Re: Toronto Record Tracker

Ditto on keeping the thread.  One of the best reads on here.  Thanks to all.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ksp1957. Show ksp1957's posts

Phil Kessel. The gift that keeps on giving. We get Seguin and Jared Knight for him and, hopefully if the Laffs tank again, we get another #2 overall pick. To coin a phrase, book it !!!Wink

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

1-0 Steve Stamkos with a rocket shot lets make it six loses in a row!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker:
    [QUOTE]1-0 Steve Stamkos with a rocket shot lets make it six loses in a row!
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]
    Just watched a replay of that.  I don't know what the frame-rate is on Gamecenter Live, but I couldn't pick up the puck anywhere between where he shot it and it being in the net.  
    I take that back, I just caught it on a freeze-frame during the slow-motion replay.  The puck looks about 6 inches long.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

3-0 end of the first. Man, that 4-0 start scared me, but I think this year is going to be just as enjoyable to watch as last year!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

7 goals in 14 games doesn't sound anywhere near as impressive as 7 goals in 8 games. Moral of the story: don't call anyone a 50 goal scorer until they score 50 goals.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker : Just watched a replay of that.  I don't know what the frame-rate is on Gamecenter Live, but I couldn't pick up the puck anywhere between where he shot it and it being in the net.   I take that back, I just caught it on a freeze-frame during the slow-motion replay.  The puck looks about 6 inches long. Posted by DrCC[/QUOTE]

Hence the saying "Laser beam" just an insane talent! As I'm typing  Stamkos gets another one. Grabs it off the boards centers it to the point goes to the net bangs the rebound home 4-0. League leading 24th point How old is Stamkos ?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RascalHoudi. Show RascalHoudi's posts

Toronto papers are starting to question whether it's time for a coaching change.  All the local Leaf fans are pretty quiet these days.   The universe is unfolding as it should!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

Tampa Bay is screwed. Already signed Vinny to that monster contract, now Stamkos is about to become an RFA as his ENTRY LEVEL contract expires. This good at so young, I'm thinking the Ovechkin-Crosby battle isn't as "big" as it used to be. Imagine where this kid is going to be in 5 years?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Stamkos is 20.  I think I'm happy the whole Ovechkin-Crosby love-fest by the NHL will be diluted.

He's got the most goals in the league since Feb. 17th, 2009.  What a weird date.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

... and the Madison Missile picks up another -1, though I suppose he wasn't at all involved in the play where the goal was scored.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

Can't wait for the recap to post on tsn.ca, the comments there are going to be an entertaining read for the next 36 hours

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker:[QUOTE]Tampa Bay is screwed. Already signed Vinny to that monster contract, now Stamkos is about to become an RFA as his ENTRY LEVEL contract expires.  Posted by davecarr[/QUOTE]

Yep Yzerman can thank Brian "Brainiac" Lawton for that ridiculous contract plus Steve lost a 2nd rounder which turned out to be Seidenberg for Recchi. Guess Mt. Saint Charles Academy didn't smarten Lawton up LoL!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RascalHoudi. Show RascalHoudi's posts

[QUOTE]Can't wait for the recap to post on tsn.ca, the comments there are going to be an entertaining read for the next 36 hours
    Posted by davecarr[/QUOTE]

Tune into http://www.640toronto.com/ .  Andy Frost's call in show is about to begin.   Just wait for all the Kessel love!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from lereve77. Show lereve77's posts

[QUOTE]Can't wait for the recap to post on tsn.ca, the comments there are going to be an entertaining read for the next 36 hours
    Posted by davecarr[/QUOTE]
    Yes, I agree with you. The comments on TSN are great to read. This is so much fun watching Toronto lose over and over again. I think the only other teams that the Leafs will be battling out with for last place are the Oilers and the Islanders. The Devils and Sabres will get better and the Panthers aren't too bad. Lets hope this bumpy ride continues!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]Toronto papers are starting to question whether it's time for a coaching change.  All the local Leaf fans are pretty quiet these days.   The universe is unfolding as it should!
    Posted by RascalHoudi[/QUOTE]

I sure hope no coaching change, Wilson is doing a fine job as far as I'm concerned.  CJ would be perfect for the job at this time.  Good guy to get a team ship shape to the standard NHL level.  Beyond that - not so much.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

" RT @ChrisFougereHFX: Harsh words for Kessel on Sportsnet Leaf's post-game. "Selfish & he only thinks of himself""

Dunno if it's true. The quote, I mean, not the point of the quote, we ALL know THAT'S true.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

[QUOTE]Glad the Globe didn't archive this lovely masterpiece thread whew! I would have been POd if they had...(Bump)
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

YES!!! 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

MISSING !!

If you happen to see this player , please contact the Toronto Maple Leafs , they are quite concerned.. Hes been missing for 6 games and counting..

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SmokingJoe. Show SmokingJoe's posts

Toronto in 23rd place and Dropping!!!  Currently we have a top#8 Pick...

1. Washington 14 20  
     2. Philadelphia 15 20  
     3. Montreal 14 17  
     4. Tampa Bay 13 16  
     5. Boston 11 15  
     6. NY Rangers 14 15  
     7. Ottawa 14 15  
     8. Atlanta 14 15  
     9. Pittsburgh 15 15  
     10. Carolina 14 14  
     11. Toronto 13 13  
     12. Florida 12 10  
     13. NY Islanders 14 10  
     14. Buffalo 15 10  
     15. New Jersey 15 9  
     * = Division Leader
     Western Conference
     Team GP Pts
     1. St. Louis 12 20  
     2. Los Angeles 13 20  
     3. Vancouver 13 18  
     4. Detroit 13 19  
     5. Chicago 17 17  
     6. Minnesota 13 16  
     7. Columbus 13 16  
     8. Dallas 13 16  
     9. Colorado 13 15  
     10. Anaheim 15 15  
     11. San Jose 12 13  
     12. Nashville 13 13  
     13. Phoenix 14 13  
     14. Calgary 13 12  
     15. Edmonton 12 10

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ssags111. Show ssags111's posts

Things are unraveling in Toronto:

Veteran goalie J.S. Giguere had some pretty harsh words for his young teammates after Steve Stamkos and the Tampa Bay Lightning handed the lacklustre Maple Leafs their sixth loss in a row.

“This is a young group; we should have energy every game,” said Giguere, on the losing end of a 4-0 decision Tuesday night. “We shouldn’t be tired. We have lots of days off.

“If you’re tired, you’ve got to rethink what you’re doing, because this is unacceptable.”

Giguere was especially frustrated with the way the Leafs started the game. They had three power plays off the bat, including 48 seconds of a 5-on-3. They didn’t score, and managed only two shots on net.

Conversely, the Lightning scored just 50 seconds into their first power play and jumped out to a 3-0 lead in the first period while the Leafs squandered their chances.

“We had a big opportunity at the beginning of the game, a 5-on-3,” said Giguere. “When you get those chances at the beginning of the game, you’ve got to bury one, you’ve got to score. You’ve got to get something going.

“We couldn’t manage. We just weren’t ready to compete. We played better in the second and the third, but that’s not good enough.

“In the situation we’re in, you need to see some desperation out of the guys. Some competitiveness and we’re not seeing that.”

-----------------------------------------------------

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

The HF boards PGT is absolutely Apocalyptic. Good stuff. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Burke will make a trade, for sure !  They need a bonnified center, a number one and all they have to trade for that is a defense. 
    The only way they get something in return is if they trade a guy like Kaberle but I'm sure Burke all this time has been playing hardball with any GM in this discussion and time is running out along with any leverage he thought he had.
    Personally if they trade Kaberle they put themselves in another hole ,  only after he's traded will they feel the effects for his loss. 
    That brings me to the next guy I think they want to trade, Komisarek . Good luck Burke, with his big contract and awful play nobody will want him.
    Schenn ?  Is the next guy besides Kaberle the other teams want instead of Komisarek.
    Hey, he might have to do one of these trades but will he really improve his team ?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

They need Marc Savard.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

1-0 Panthers Allen with the blast Weiss with the tip. Wideman got his bell rung in the first hope he's OK need that "Puck Moving defenseman" LoL!