Toronto Record Tracker

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from fireballer58. Show fireballer58's posts

Re: Toronto Record Tracker

In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker:
    [QUOTE]Hmmm, you have been smoking to much hookah with Brian Burke.  First and foremost Kessel made a huge mistake professionally.  Scoring will happen but he is no Ovechkin.  He will gain financially if he banks the money he received from Toronto in the next three years.  Otherwise he will have trouble with handling questions posed by the Toronto media.  He is simply not capable of handling multiple questions without looking lost.  Ultimately this pressure will effect his play.  Briefly, the Toronto hockey media will kill him.  Toronto may not finish last but they are not a cohesive club in any stretch of the mind.  The Bruins will ultimately benefit if they trade the pick to get a bonafide scorer who can shoot the puck in one swing of the stick. Shane Doan anyone?
    Posted by islamorada[/QUOTE]

Man, thank god the posters on these boards aren't in the Bruins front office. Trade the possible first overall pick for Shane Doan? I would be hesitant to trade that pick even for Kovalchuk.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

Carolina 2 Leafs 0

good start...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Samsanov with a nifty little wait for the goalie to commit and score! Hmm wouldn't mind seeing Sturm and Ryder do that if they could ever get themselves into a shooting lane again hint hint...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

My bad....

Nashville 13pts

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

SanDog,  I can't find the link.  I was streaming and was watching Hawks - Habs last nite and got the feed on HabsTV.  It wasn't really a blog but mostly Hab fans watching and chatting on the game and that's where they said they would be chanting "MILAN LUCIC " to Komisarek tonite.
    I also read a blog ,  not sure this week on the Team990 in Montreal that they were trying to get this started all week and urged the listeners to chant " LUCIC LUCIC LUCIC ..." 
    Can Kessel play the rest of the season with Leafs without injury ?
    H's been unlucky thus far in his career.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Didn't watch the game Time Warner doesn't have NHL.net have to watch highlights tomorrow on nhl.com Thanks for the updates BadHab and Legion!

PS. Always hard to root for the Habs even if it is for Taylor Hall! LoL!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlutoShinzawa. Show FlutoShinzawa's posts

[QUOTE]Carolina 2 Leafs 0 good start...
    Posted by PatsRfineIn09[/QUOTE]

What are you going to tell us next? That Bob Kraft is a better owner then Boston Bruins owner Jeremy Jacobs? I dont think so.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

It was a good day today, as Atlanta, Islanders, Minnisota, and Florida all won, while Anaheim kept pace with Toronto with a point in their OT loss.

6 points  - Toronto
     7 points  - Carolina
     9 points  - Florida
    10 points - Minnesota
    10 points - Anaheim
    11 points - St. Louis
    11 points - Atlanta
    12 points - Tampa Bay
    13 points - 6 teams

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]and the Habs win! I just could not cheer for the Habs, no way Jose ! In the end Leafs just get one point.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

If getting a top first round pick means rooting for a Habs teams with Ulf Samualsen,  Chris Nilan, Sean Avery, Claude Lemiex, Todd Bertuzzi and Darius Kasparitis on it, I would root for the Habs.  Then I would pray their plane would crash in a ball of flame at the end of the season.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

thanks for rask as well,make- believes!!!!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

and the Habs win!
    I just could not cheer for the Habs, no way Jose !
    In the end Leafs just get one point.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

Update 10-31-09

Bottom Eight:

Toronto 7pts
    Carolina 7pts
    Florida 8pts
    Anaheim 9pts (Playing Now)
    Minnesota 10pts
    Atlanta 11pts
    Detroit 11pts (Playing Now)
    Nashville 11pts

S*cks that Montreal couldn't keep a point away from them.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

With Kessel apparently set to make his Leaf debut this Tuesday against Tampa Bay, the big mystery up here on the T. O. airwaves seems to be who will be his center.  Matt Stajan, who would probably be pencilled in as a third-line, plugger-type of pivot on a lot of teams but is a first or second-liner with Toronto, is said to be the early favourite. 

No question, PK's highly-skilled but going from Savard to Stajan is quite the plunge in talent.  The pressure on PK to not make the deal with our club an error is already huge!  No diserespect to Stajan but I've watched him since he entered the league and he's more of a defensive checker than set-up man.  If Grabowski were not so much of a puck-hog, he might have the skill-set to connect to PK.  Either way, it will take more than the addition of Kessel to pull the Leafs out of their current plight but hopefully the Canes, Florida and the Ducks get rolling to put some distance between them and Toronto.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Aaron Ward show Phil what to do with the pill! Do Bs fans a favor....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Watching the Habs & Leafs tonight. 

Oh - if only both teams could lose!

I have laughed out loud at least once every time I watch the Leafs play.  I can't wait for PK to start playing for them, it will be fun (unless he morphed into a combo of Ovechkin & Lucic, but given his aversion to the weight room...)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Phil the Thrill Career high 10 shots in 23:50 Min ZERO GOALS! +/- -1 = Taylor Hall!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

At 10:03 of the third, Leafs 4, Wings 1!  Young Kessel just got his second of the game!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

@#%!! Canes now trail Leafs in the third, 3-2.  7:24 left in regulation.  Gustavsson seems like the real deal!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker : Strong reminder that hockey is not much of a numbers game:  EA Sports' official NHL10 simulation had the Hurricanes winning the President's Trophy. Posted by DrCC[/QUOTE]

Hmm look at EA Sports NHL10 picks n predictions then bet the opposite. Not a bad idea my bookie is not going to like this! And I'm his favorite step child

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

[QUOTE]3-2 Leafs with 6 min to go.  Carolina is proof that teams are playing worse then the B's.
    Posted by TuukkainNet[/QUOTE]
    Strong reminder that hockey is not much of a numbers game:  EA Sports' official NHL10 simulation had the Hurricanes winning the President's Trophy.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

Update 11/7/09

Worst Seven Teams:

Carolina  7pts  (This looks really bad...Cam Ward Injured)
    Toronto 11pts (Looking solid...The Monster looks like the real deal)
    Florida 11pts (No Booth = Big Problems)
    Minnesota 12pts
    St. Loius 13pts
    Atlanta 13pts (Digging a hole and hurting their chance to resign Kovalchuk)
    Anaheim 14pts 

Toronto's Draft Pick: Looking less secure as each game has passed this week.  Still should be a top five pick but with Carolina looking horrible and Florida's lack of depth it should be a battle for the worst record in the league.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

At the end of the first period, Leafs 2, Wings 0.  Gustavsson in net coming up big!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

This an entertaining game up and down back in forth. And yes "The Monster" had an awesome 2nd period plus 2 great saves early in the third.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

TO is steadily climbing and the Monster looks to do it all himself. Why didn't Osgood play like that the other night, then again he might have we never really tested him.

Komasarek left after the 2nd and I don't think he came back. He through a hip check and missed and put his tailbone into the boards, lets hope it's long term.

Kess 1G + 2A = 3P in 3 games plus a hundred shots, he is looking to score often this year.

Our TO pick will not be a top 5 unless we double it with our own for a trade up, I would prefer a scorer now.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker:[QUOTE]BTW, Kessel with his first goal as a Leaf. Posted by RichmondHillOntario[/QUOTE]

Good job Phil just please don't do that Vs. the Bs this season Not on NHL Center Ice must be on NHL.net and TSN darn it I wanted to see that game too.