Toronto Record Tracker

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

Re: Toronto Record Tracker

Man, talk about the fortunes of a team resting on one player.  Sports-talk callers are pointing to PK's six-game goaless streak coinciding with the Leafs' skid. 

We know he doesn't need a center to feed him but the centers he has on his club are Bozek, his regular pivot, Grabovski, Christian Hanson and Tim Brent.  Not exactly a formidable quartet. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker:
    [QUOTE]The HF boards PGT is absolutely Apocalyptic. Good stuff. 
    Posted by duinne[/QUOTE]

Apocalyptic ???
    or I think -
    apoplectic !!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

2-0 Florida PP goal da Lufas have the 25th ranked PK ouch!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

Pretty soon Leafs nation will be in panic mode.  What will be Burke's next move to make sure the boat sinks for good!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RascalHoudi. Show RascalHoudi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker : Apocalyptic ??? or I think - apoplectic !!!
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]
    NO!!

Sorry BadHab, but there's gotta be a rule here against talking like Pierre McGuire

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

3 zip Panthers Laffs have 26 shots on goal Phillaparazzi has 5 Ooops...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

are the Leafs getting shut out again ?  4-0

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from lereve77. Show lereve77's posts

The Leafs lose again! They are horrible.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

oh man, I laughed until I cried reading the live comments leaf fans were making on athde.net during the last period...

a sampling -

4-1 3 minutes left, 3 goals 3 mins - we can do it!
    Leafs looking awesome  - in Bruins eyes.
    Shoot Kessel at dawn
    I'm tying the noose in my basement, goodbye world.
    4-1 2 minutes left, 3 goals 2 mins - we can do it!
    Kessel brings nothing, perimeter shots is all
    could be worse, could be 7-1
    4-1 10 seconds left, 3 goals 10 secs - we can do it!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Babab,  does your wife think your nuts having so much fun and laughing at the Leafs ?  My wife does .  I'm having a BALL !!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

My wife came downstairs and asked why I was "giddy". I looked at her like she had two heads and said "Bruins scored 5 in the third to come back against the Pens, Toronto lost their 7th straight, and the Devs/Sabres both got points tonight... duh"

She shook her head sadly and went upstairs. She asked when I was coming up. I rolled my eyes "After I see if the Islanders can gain ground on Toronto"...

I think I'm obsessed

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ksp1957. Show ksp1957's posts

[QUOTE]My wife came downstairs and asked why I was "giddy". I looked at her like she had two heads and said "Bruins scored 5 in the third to come back against the Pens, Toronto lost their 7th straight, and the Devs/Sabres both got points tonight... duh" She shook her head sadly and went upstairs. She asked when I was coming up. I rolled my eyes "After I see if the Islanders can gain ground on Toronto"... I think I'm obsessed
    Posted by davecarr[/QUOTE]

You posted this at 2 AM, so, yes, you are obsessed. Who can blame you ? We came back against the dreaded Pens, the Laffs coughed up a huge hair ball and we beat to beat on the Scabs tonight. What a good week !!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

It is sooooooooooooo painful to watch Frown

When a team plays this poorly for extended periods of a game it's either a team that is completely void of confidence and/or a team that simply can't respond to the coach.

Either way I can't see how Wilson can continue being the coach of this team.

It's just not working......the PK is bad, the PP is bad.  Players are digressing

They started off with so much speed and making things happen and then they revert back to typical Leaf hockey.   They miss Colton Armstrong a lot, he does a lot of little things you don't notice in the game, like finishing checks, making good decisions, getting in the shooting lanes (especially during the PK).  I know this miss Phaneuf, not so much for his defense, but for his ability to initiate offense.

I honestly now think they need a coach like CJ, although I'm not a big fan of his, and develop a team defensive approach first until they get more talent up front, and try to squeeze 2-1, 3-2 victories in the meantime.

They also need a special  team coach for the powerplay and powerkill.

And better players

And more hockey sense

And a better PK

And bigger players up front

And a #1 center (and a #2 center and a #3 center)

And more empty seats so it hits them in the pocket book (that will unfortunately never happen)

Smaller nets on their end of the ice and bigger nets on the opposing end of the ice.

And a few more things that I can't write without being censored

I might have to start watching the LA kings, Black Hawks or St.Louis blues.  They play real entertaining hockey.

It's sooooo painful...........................Frown

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

[QUOTE]And a better PK
    Posted by LoveRealHockey[/QUOTE]
    Double entendre intended?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

6th Overall pick? hmmm. I'm thinking we go with a Defensemen this time around :) What do you guys think? or maybe we trade the lottery pick back to Toronto for Phil Kessel?

that would be hilarious

Boston trades Phil Kessel to Toronto for Tyler Seguin, Jared Knight, and Phil Kessel.

on another note, if Edmonton gets another lottery pick.. Look out NHL, massive powerhouse in the making

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

I've been away from this thread for quite some time but the Leafs are just too awful!  Can't believe they imploded after such a strong start to the beginning of the year.

This is really too good to be true for Bruins fans!!!  I thought things couldn't get any better than last year- cheering on the B's and watching the Leafs dwell at the bottom of the league standings.

Here's to another eventful NHL season!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

McKenzie gave it to Kessel on The Quiz last night.  Question was "What's wrong with Phil?"  Aaron Ward and Keith Jones both said "nothing" and laid the blame on a lack of support - no centre, no linemates who can create room for him.  McKenzie called bs.  "He's a perimeter player right now.  When he was successful the last two years, he was getting his nose dirty - as dirty as Kessel ever gets - but he's not doing that right now."

I don't think Wilson should take the fall.  He has absolutely nothing to work with but cast-offs and never-weres.  Ten years from now, people will be looking at the Phaneuf trade and recognizing it as the Flames casting him off.  Those who think the Bruins could have found a way to keep Kessel if they'd wanted already see PK as a Bruins cast-off.  McArthur's a cast-off, Versteeg a cap cast-off, etc. etc.  Most of these guys, the knock is they aren't complete players, but the last stretch of offensive futility is proving that if you're one dimensional you might just be zero dimensional what with the whole defense leads to offense equation.

If they did ditch Wilson, my $ is on Ken Hitchcock as his replacement.  Freewheelin' isn't getting the results Burke thought it would (put smaller offensive players in a flow system and they'll shine brighter than with their previous, more structured clubs).  They go that route, it's a complete roster overhaul.  I don't think one of their top six forwards would last a year under Hitch.  And the transition?  They would drop like stones.  Why yes, Mr. Larssen, your son will be able to find Smorgasbord in Boston.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RascalHoudi. Show RascalHoudi's posts

Bang on BBoy!

The reality is that the Leafs draft picks are quite possilby in the top 10 for at least the next 3 years.  Maybe even lottery.

And they'll need all the picks they can get.  They've got a long road to respectability ahead of them.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Kadri recalled.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=543297

I wonder if he's already been anointed the savior of the season?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"if Edmonton gets another lottery pick.. Look out NHL, massive powerhouse in the making"

Not without goaltending Edmonton's is terrible but so is their defense. If the Oilers had halfway decent blueliners and golatending they wouldn't be in this mess. The next 3 drafts aren't going to save them unless Tambellini can convince free agents not only to sign but to stay there.

"Versteeg a cap cast-off, etc." You called it Book Kris is out of Chicago and not fairing to well. Not saying he doesn't have talent but he needs it around him he looks lost out there. I'll bet Burke looks to dump him this summer with one year @ 3Mil left on his current contract. If I were PC I'd reunite him with Krejci for a 4th rounder. Chiarelli has plenty of money this summer for a 1 year rental.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

Recalling Kadri is pretty much the only option they've got at this moment. They've got to do SOMETHING.

The Burke Leafs, unless they vastly improve, are a team lacking leadership, skill, depth and a definitive blueprint to the future.

Yikes. Is that all?

http://www.torontosun.com/sports/columnists/steve_simmons/2010/11/11/16100241.html

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RascalHoudi. Show RascalHoudi's posts

[QUOTE]Recalling Kadri is pretty much the only option they've got at this moment. They've got to do SOMETHING. The Burke Leafs, unless they vastly improve, are a team lacking leadership, skill, depth and a definitive blueprint to the future. Yikes. Is that all? http://www.torontosun.com/sports/columnists/steve_simmons/2010/11/11/16100241.html
    Posted by duinne[/QUOTE]

Why oh why are they doing this to Kadri?  The kid needs a year in the AHL.  He's only scoring at a point per game pace which will translate to a lot less in the NHL.  Kadri is not ready for this.

It's official.  Leafs are in panic mode.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker : Why oh why are they doing this to Kadri?  The kid needs a year in the AHL.  He's only scoring at a point per game pace which will translate to a lot less in the NHL.  Kadri is not ready for this. It's official.  Leafs are in panic mode.
    Posted by RascalHoudi[/QUOTE]

Burke all of a sudden doesn't seem to be too smart..The guy has carte blanche in Toronto to do whatever he wants and not building thru the draft and trading for Kessel will be his downfall.. He has set this franchise back about 10 years.  You can't afford to not draft in the top 5 when you have the chance for two years running and not suffer long term consequences..

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker : Burke all of a sudden doesn't seem to be too smart..The guy has carte blanche in Toronto to do whatever he wants and not building thru the draft and trading for Kessel will be his downfall.. He has set this franchise back about 10 years.  You can't afford to not draft in the top 5 when you have the chance for two years running and not suffer long term consequences..
    Posted by cowboys9[/QUOTE]

Exactly.  Pittsburgh eventually won a Cup because they had the opportunity to draft Crosby, Malkin, Staal, and Fleury

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Bottom line, they don't have any depth.  They're probably 2-3 years away from being a true Brian Burke team.