Toronto Record Tracker

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

Re: Toronto Record Tracker

In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker:
    [QUOTE]That's 9 for a 9-4-13 line in 18 games - roughly on pace for 38.  Career high. v v v v v v v v v [Milan Lucic - 10-7-17 in 17 games.]
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

Keep in mind, Kessel is a -3 and Lucic is a +12.
    Lucic is breaking out.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

To be honest, I don't expect Lucic to keep this pace - I mean, if he plays all 82 at this pace he'd have 48 for the year.  Crazy.  Horton's on pace for 38 goals.  That said, I thought the run would slow down before the quarter pole, an it doesn't look like that's happening any time soon.  3 GWG for Lucic too.  So who knows.  Even if his goal scoring pace drops by half, he'd hit 29 on the year.

Kadri looks like he might make the Leafs better, by the way.  Boo.  Hopefully that bubble bursts.  He'll probably do something Ron Wilson doesn't like soon, get benched, then be back with the Marlies.  All good.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

yeah BB, Kadri is definitely contributing. He's getting ~15 min of ice-time and PP time too, which I thought was really impressive/desperate of the maple leafs-- but obviously they knew more than me. Kadri is fitting in

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

For now.  You see it all the time - guys come up, ride the dragon's tail for their first few games, then lose that first rush and start to struggle with consistency and picking up the nuances of the game.  Bozek looked like a star when he first arrived in Toronto, right?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

yeah good point on Bozak. However, just look at some of the YouTube highlight video's of Kadri--the guy is an amazing playmaker.

Obv against junior competition--but I think the natural playmakers can adapt faster than the natural goal scorers. just a hunch.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]Toronto beat two of the worst teams in the league back to back. They should go back to their old ways on Saturday. Lets also hope Dallas can pull out a win early next week. Looks like the top five prospects in this years draft will be pretty good so Toronto doesn't have to be the worst, just one of the worst. It is not like last years draft when it was a two horse race and we were praying for the first or second pick.  
    Posted by lereve77[/QUOTE]

Yeesh, the Devils look awful. I know losing Parise killed them but man, caught the highlights of that game and they are just literally standing around. I doubt their coach is long for the job. Lou ("genius") Lam is not the sort of guy to sit around when a situation calls for panic (credit: Jim Bouton).

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

And now... a Maple Leafs song to warm your hearts...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTdLIY2kkXs&feature=player_embedded

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

Should be an interesting game tonight at the Bell Centre with the Habs planning what is sure to be an emotional tribute to the late Pat Burns.  I'd imagine it will prove more a test for Toronto than the last two games versus the Preds who, leading 4-1, stopped skating and allowed the Leafs back in the game and the Devils looking very much like an expansion team at this point.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

Near the end of the first period, there is still no score between the Leafs and Habs in a back and forth barn-burner of a game.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

Not to nit-pick but the lead-off feature of tonight's "Coach's Corner" was a tribute to the late Pat Burns that completely ignored his tenure with the Bruins.  It was all Leafs/Habs hi-lites.  He did win an Adams Trophy in Boston, didn't he?  Guess I shouldn't be surprised.  Anyone else see the feature?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

Still 0-0 but its a high-octane game with some spectacular goaltending.  Hold on!  Habs just scored the first goal.  Grabovski lost a defensive zone draw on a Leaf PP with the shot from the Leaf blue line being tipped behind Gustavsson.  1-0 Habs.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

If the Bruins lose tonight at least the consolation prize looks like it will happen.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

Montreal just beat the Leafs 2-0.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]Not to nit-pick but the lead-off feature of tonight's "Coach's Corner" was a tribute to the late Pat Burns that completely ignored his tenure with the Bruins.  It was all Leafs/Habs hi-lites.  He did win an Adams Trophy in Boston, didn't he?  Guess I shouldn't be surprised.  Anyone else see the feature?
    Posted by RichmondHillOntario[/QUOTE]

If you rewatch it, they showed his Adams with the Bruins (the shot where he's standing beside Grapes ) and two (at least) highlights from his B's days. There were also a bunch of NJ clips.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker : If you rewatch it, they showed his Adams with the Bruins (the shot where he's standing beside Grapes ) and two (at least) highlights from his B's days. There were also a bunch of NJ clips.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

Thanks, red.  I didn't notice.  Saw the NJ bits, tho.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

They had a nice brief tribute on the TD jumbotron last night for Pat. I hope NESN puts something together for Burns that would be nice.

Last night was tough who to root for ? But in the end it's all about the draft pick. The Canadiens look good even without Markov so I expected the Loafs to lose.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from misterpaulo. Show misterpaulo's posts

We have officially entered the realm of a top 5 pick...again!  Leafs sit alone at 26th place overall!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]I thought I wouldpoint out that nhl.com has put out one of their editions of the mock draft with the toronto pick sitting at 5th. It certainly gives you an idea at whom we could get all though its still pretty early in the season. http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=65974
    Posted by graves296[/QUOTE]
    Even if the Leafs turned it up a notch(which I don't foresee)the Bruins could still draft some quality players from my hometown SeaDogs.3 players now rated to go in top 14(Huberdeau,Beaulieu and Jurco).Jurco was rated outside the first round in the preseason so you can tell how much he's impressed thus far.Both he and Beauieu could plyed in the World Juniors.Since it takes me so long to type I've been negligent about givng reports from the Q and,more specifically,the SeaDogs.I'm sorry for that and promise to give some updates as we go on(especially when Couturier comes to town.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Duinne would be very happy with Kimelman's mock draft the Bruins would end up with Dman Hamilton can't say I would complain at all just don't know if Hamilton will still be there when the Bruins pick. Pure speculation because it is still early.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Darn. real bad night when the Bruins lose and the leafs win.

I still think we'll get pick 3 or 4 or 5 out of them.

I think they had an easy schedule to start and were lucky to have faced line ups that were missing people.

Call me crazy, but I think NJ will rise out of the cellar and will be going after the final playoff spot.  They won't make it, but they will give it a go.

I'm looking to Calgary and Buffalo to get stronger after a bad start.

Florida is starting to play better.

Islanders and the Oil have no hope.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

[QUOTE]Darn. real bad night when the Bruins lose and the leafs win. I still think we'll get pick 3 or 4 or 5 out of them. I think they had an easy schedule to start and were lucky to have faced line ups that were missing people. Call me crazy, but I think NJ will rise out of the cellar and will be going after the final playoff spot.  They won't make it, but they will give it a go. I'm looking to Calgary and Buffalo to get stronger after a bad start. Florida is starting to play better. Islanders and the Oil have no hope.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]
    You might be right on the Leaf positioning (you were certainly bang on last year); but I don't see NJ getting anywhere close to a playoff position.  Even the Leafs made them look horrible.  This is a franchise on the decline; especially if the rumours of Parise wanting to walk away are true.

I do expect Buffalo to get better, but I think Calgary is a train wreck ready to implode, if they haven't already.

I also think Florida is going to tank, possibly trading away Volkun (sic), so they can get an even higher pick this year along with Gudbranson coming back next year.  They are going to be sellers this year; but a huge upside starting next year.

I agree with  your assessment on the Islanders and Edmonton.

Not sure why Carolina isn't doing better.  On paper they should make the playoffs.  I'm really surprised with how good Tampa is playing.  I expected Carolina to play like Tampa is currentliy playing.  Stamkos is playing at another level.

I'm not high on Ottawa, Nashville or Dallas either. 

Will be interesting to see which teams are sellers and which teams are buyers at the trading deadline this year.  That will determine a lot.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

this makes me happy...from TSN

The biggest dark cloud hovering over MLSE has been the recent play of hot and cold sniper Phil Kessel, who has bulged the twine just twice this month and was benched in Monday's victory over the Stars for failing to back check. While the goals are sure to come for the streaky Kessel, what has to be a little disheartening to Leafs fans and management was that Kessel refused to speak to the media following his benching and made himself unavailable on Wednesday following practice. While this could be overlooked once in a while as simply 'Phil was having a bad day,' it's unacceptable when it happens repeatedly.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

[QUOTE]this makes me happy...from TSN The biggest dark cloud hovering over MLSE has been the recent play of hot and cold sniper Phil Kessel , who has bulged the twine just twice this month and was benched in Monday's victory over the Stars for failing to back check. While the goals are sure to come for the streaky Kessel, what has to be a little disheartening to Leafs fans and management was that Kessel refused to speak to the media following his benching and made himself unavailable on Wednesday following practice. While this could be overlooked once in a while as simply 'Phil was having a bad day,' it's unacceptable when it happens repeatedly.
    Posted by seobrien[/QUOTE]

And he thought the Boston media was bad?  The Toronto scribes must be having a field day with this.

Thanks again Mr. Burke!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Where are those freaking jerks, those people who were the bane of my existence, who INSISTED that Kessel IS a 40 goal scorer, who constantly made up excuses for him.

Those people made everyone sick to death of discussing Kessel by refusing to admit Kessel's weaknesses and claimed that the speed and the quick snap shot overcame everything on the planet.

Thieves.  Thieves because they've kept us - and of course myself in particular from gloating over this one sided trade.

Thieves.  Thieves because they've robbed the optimism of who Seguin is becoming.

The celebration should have been global on this board by the time we were gauranteed Hall or Seguin.

I was thrilled that they got Seguin.  And then they tried to shoot that down, too.  Not as good as Hall.  Should have gotten Hall. 

I've been cheated.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Don't you fret now BadHab 101, 8, 1001 n all dose other ones will be back to cry about their flash bulb craving hero. Right now Philaparazzi is in Wisconsin filling his fat face thinking of goals he should have had.

This June when Burke has his head under the table just as TSN pans to him, as Chiarelli glances over while he walks by up to the podium I will not feel like theive at all. Remember McKenzie saying Caron was a steal in 2009 and all those defenseman that dropped this past summer Bs are looking good my friend.

PS. Philaparazzi is 31st in goals scored behind over paid Lucic.