Toronto Record Tracker

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

Re: Toronto Record Tracker

As long as we end up with a top 3 pick, and one of Sean Couturier, Adam Larsson or Ryan Nugent-Hopkins I will be happy. It'll be a top 5-6 pick, imo.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker:
    [QUOTE]www.tsn.ca Burke cites progress on second anniversary as Maple Leafs' GM
    Posted by bruinsfan084evr[/QUOTE]

Yesterday I heard Pierre McGuire (not my favorite) saying that he spoke to Burke and told him he made a big mistake on his way he wanted to rebuild. Burke was certain he'de be in playoff range and at the same time re-building the team.
    McGuire said all Burke did was give fans false hope in Kessel deal.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

As some of us have argued for a long time, Chiarelli absolutely robbed Burke in a way that can't even be overstated.  The most brilliant move by a Bruins GM in recent history.  The overlooked part of the deal is the $5+ million in annual cap relief that was transferred to the Leafs.  A shockingly lopsided deal that gets more and more so with each passing day.

And what a luxury that our top flight young star gets to be eased into the league on a winning team, while their guy (Kadri) gets desperately rushed up to the first line and set up to fail...

bruins8, hockey101, marco...??  The silence is deafening.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

Burke's latest greatest move bring up a 27 year old career AHL and it sounds like he is going to play Top 6 on the second line.

http://mapleleafs.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=544962&navid=DL|TOR|home

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from skater68. Show skater68's posts

[QUOTE]Here is a quick guide on how to ruin your future stars .. God knows the Leafs have had lots of practise in the past.. I guess panic has set in and everyone is running for cover..  This is so unfair to the kid that nothing good can come of it... No way is this kid ready to accept this responsibility. Slumping Leafs promote Kadri to No. 1 centre spot Wonder how Bozak feels about this?.. Congrats your now our 3rd line centre and Versteeg , oh how the mighty have fallen.. 3rd line winger...which is what he really is mind you @ 3 mil per year LOL.....  What a theatre of the absurd!! I can smell lottery pick already..Hey PC this is better than winning Power Ball!! Well, maybe not , but close!!
    Posted by cowboys9[/QUOTE]

Maybe not. It's worth a try

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

Toronto's next 5 games (1-4 with an OTL)

1) Tampa Bay: Tonight - Smoke show, 4-2 Tampa Bay win. Phil Kessel, missing the feeling of scoring, pots an empty netter against his own team. After the game, PK states, "I just thought it would be the easiest way to break out of this scoring slump". See Toronto, we told you he doesn't like to do things the hard way.

2) Edmonton: Dec 2 - It would be great to see Edmonton beat the Leafs on thursday. Hall is playing much better as of late, and I see no reason why such a talented young team would stay in the cellar. However, I think the leafs get up for this one. It also doesn't help that Hemsky is out of their line-up, 4-2 Leafs win. Toronto media writes that the Maple Leafs are finally ready to make a run at the cup.

3) Bruins: Dec 4 -  Bruins have looked awful, but it is Toronto, so I'm saying 4-3 Shoot-out win for the Bruins. The real story here:  Phil Kessel snaps on the media and tells them to go eat a ham sandwhich. PK struggles to hold back tears, but remembers the season will be over soon which is the reason he wanted to be a Leaf in the first place.

4) Capitals: Another blow out, 5-1 Capitals. Kessel Laughs with Ovechkin after the game, Toronto media has a conniption--Brian Burke physically assaults Kessel in the locker room 

5) Penguins: Another blow out, 7-2 Penguins. Crosby figures in all seven. Nothing you can do about that one Phil; hes just that good.

PK wonders if he would be happier at home playing NHL 2011 next season.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

The only reason the Leafs didn't finish dead last was because they didn;t own their pick anymore otherwise they would have tanked .   Well they still tinked in my mind.  

LOL OLs,  this is gold:

Kessel Laughs with Ovechkin after the game, Toronto media has a conniption--Brian Burke physically assaults Kessel in the locker room 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Most specific predictions for Kessel...

1. Tampa Bay: Kessel has to play center after Kadri wets his pants lining up for the opening faceoff against Stamkos.  A 4-1 Tampa win, but Kessel is quite satisfied with a stat line of 11 off-angle shots, 6 toe drags, and a blue line spin-o-rama (that is called offsides).

2. Edmonton: The Oilers go up 6-0, and then Kessel scores twice in the final 2 minutes to make it a 6-2 game.  Kessel salutes the crowd mentions his two goals several times in the post game interviews and is clearly delighted with his game.

3. Bruins: Kessel misses the first period after Wilson schedules a pre-game team meeting in the weight room and Kessel gets hopelessly lost searching the arena for this alleged room.  Bruins win big.  Kessel tells media "who cares? Quit being jerks, I got off 7 shots during that 3rd period garbage time".  Burke sees Seguin after the game and starts weeping uncontrollably and saying "there's something I need to get off my chest" before taking 3 Xanex and boarding the team bus.

4. Capitals: Caps win big but Kessel is very satisfied with how many times he beat Gustafson in pre-game warmups.  Kessel asks the media "Did you guys see me toe-drag the pants off of Luke Schenn in those pre-game drills??  We're getting our chances."

5. Penguins: Kessel is seen playing Tetris and eating a block of cheese five minutes before game time.  Ron Wilson has Colton Orr waterboard Kessel in the Men's Room during the first intermission.  After snapping a dozen errant shots off from the half boards Kessel notes that he's "getting his chances", but alas, the Leafs lose again.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

2. Edmonton: The Oilers go up 6-0, and then Kessel scores twice in the final 2 minutes to make it a 6-2 game.  Kessel salutes the crowd mentions his two goals several times in the post game interviews and is clearly delighted with his game.

LOL Fletcher :) awesome material

345 were amazing too lol

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"Phil Kessel snaps on the media and tells them to go eat a ham sandwhich. PK struggles to hold back tears, but remembers the season will be over soon which is the reason he wanted to be a Leaf in the first place."

Classic Ols sarcasm

Marty St. Louis ties up the game tonight with under 10 seconds left going to overtime...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Simone Gagne puts the final dagger in quickly into overtime Laffs lose Money mouth

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

Talk about a gutpunch!  TB rallied from being 2 goals down in the third to tie the score at 19:51 on a shot by St. Louis.  They win the game on a 2-on-1 break at1:15 into OT on a shot by Gagne. 

If the frustration level in Leaf Nation wasn't high before, it should be over the top tonight on "Leaf Talk," AM 640's post-game call in program.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Wow, I swear I saw that game go final with a 3-2 score.  Sends me to bed on a positive note!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

An agitated caller just suggested the Leafs should get...Ted Nolan behind the bench because "something's gotta be done!"  Wow! Host Andy Frost was speechless other than to state Nolan's name hasn't been mentioned on the show in at least 8 years.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker:[QUOTE]Talk about a gutpunch! If the frustration level in Leaf Nation wasn't high before, it should be over the top tonight on "Leaf Talk," AM 640's post-game call in program. Posted by RichmondHillOntario[/QUOTE]

Ok RHO I took your cue and listened to the call in show laughing so hard. The host seems like he's a priest in a confessional listening to the Leaf fans just spill it out. One caller says Ted Nolan is the answer to their problems I had to stop listening...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

[QUOTE]Talk about a gutpunch!  TB rallied from being 2 goals down in the third to tie the score at 19:51 on a shot by St. Louis.  They win the game on a 2-on-1 break at1:15 into OT on a shot by Gagne.  If the frustration level in Leaf Nation wasn't high before, it should be over the top tonight on "Leaf Talk," AM 640's post-game call in program.
    Posted by RichmondHillOntario[/QUOTE]

oh man I didn't know about this station-- I'm definitely going to call in

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker : Ok RHO I took your cue and listened to the call in show laughing so hard. The host seems like he's a priest in a confessional listening to the Leaf fans just spill it out. One caller says Ted Nolan is the answer to their problems I had to stop listening...
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Yeah, bro.  Glad you tuned in.  I heard that guy, too but Ted Nolan?  I've read he has the tag "GM killer" attached to his name from his days in Buffalo and because of it, management is very leery of signing him on. 

"Leaf Talk" usually have a wide range of callers from those who sound completely unhinged and in need of meds to those who assess their team in a logical but critical way.  You'll hear a lot of comments that begin with "I've been a Leaf fan for 40 plus years and I've never seen..."  When you want a laugh, tune in again.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

OC - You'll be left shaking your head after listening to some of the callers on "Leaf Talk."  One of my faves was just a few weeks ago when a highly emotional guy calls in and is lamenting the Leafs woeful offence and suggests Burke trade for Marc Savard. 

Host Andy Frost informs him that Savard is injured and its uncertain when he'll return.  The caller yells "Doesn't matter!"  Frost sighs and says "Andrew, make sure you go straight to bed when you get home.  Rob, you're next on Leaf Talk."  Brilliant!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

Great stuff as usual RHO!

I had to check it out.  I love the poll on their website:

Will the Leafs make the playoffs this year?

a.  Yes
    b.  No
    c.  Not for another 5+ years

HAHAHAHA!!!!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]Great stuff as usual RHO! I had to check it out.  I love the poll on their website: Will the Leafs make the playoffs this year? a.  Yes b.  No c.  Not for another 5+ years HAHAHAHA!!!!!!
    Posted by jalvis[/QUOTE]

Appreciate the word, jalvis.  "Leaf Talk" almost always illustrates the almost religious standing the Leafs have up here in T. O.  The fandom can jet from 0-to-60 back down to 0 again in 4 seconds, it seems, depending on the fortunes of the club at the time. 

My hometown never hesitates to declare itself the center of the hockey universe, containing the most knowledgeable of fans but when I hear some of the lunatic fringe who phone in, I have to wonder. 

Don't know if you caught the guy earlier tonight who wanted to give Leaf coach Wilson at least another 150 games to see if he can "straighten the team out."  Man, that's wild.  Cheers, buddy!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

At least you get hockey talk (even if it isn't your team); I live in Boston.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]At least you get hockey talk (even if it isn't your team); I live in Boston.
    Posted by jalvis[/QUOTE]

Really.  It makes me sick.   Those 2 clowns on my drive home only talk baseball basketball and football.  And it REALLY makes me sick to hear them dedicate as much time to baseball as they do at this time of year.

And they are casual hockey fans at best.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

Bad hab is exactly right.

I just went back to boston for thanksgiving, and I wanted to gag listening to red sox off-season talk.

that sport needs to die.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

BadHab and Ols I also was in Boston and even the Globe writers (Fluto) could not write the correct info on cap space needed for Savvy to return. He wrote 4M.  How can they mis-inform hockey and Bruin fans that way ???
    Don't get me started on NESN showing Sox games from the 80s and 90s.
    I get better info where am I am now.  LOL

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

The thought of Adam Larsson in the black & gold is a thought that I, for one, hope becomes a reality.