Toronto Record Tracker

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

Re: Toronto Record Tracker

In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker:
    In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker : HAHAHA!!!   LOVE IT!!!!! Getting another top 3 pick would be incredible.
    Posted by jalvis

I read and watch a lot about draft eligible players. So far, for the 2011 draft, I personally think it's weaker than the 2010 draft. I think the top 6 are good, but after that, there's a bit of a drop off.
    I'd be happy with a Landeskog, Larsson, Couturier or Nugent-Hopkins. But I'd be content with a Ryan Murphy or a Brandon Saad.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

Was watching "Hockey Central" on RogersSportsNet with Nick Kypreos, Darren Millard, whom I've long since felt is the biggest melonhead in sports broadcasting and former Panthers and Columbus GM Doug Maclean on the the panel. 

They're going through the B's/Philly game hi-lites when, as is his ritual, Millard says something unusual.  He wonders if the Bruins should loan Seguin to the Canadian juniors for the upcoming World Junior Hockey Championships as a possible way to clear some cap space! 

Kypreos gives him an "Are you nuts?" kind of look while Maclean says "No way the Bruins going to let him play for the juniors."  As he's speaking, his goal against the Flyers is shown on screen.  Maclean says "Look at the sweet hands on this kid!  He's not going to the juniors.  I'd send Ryder to the juniors instead!" 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

Nice to see Taylor Hall score a couple against the Leafs. Which begs the obvious question would he have been in TO if Kessel hadn't added his 30-odd goals?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

The Leaf faithful should take heart when watching the Bruins pick another top 3 talent in June.  I'm sure the Leafs will be doing the same at the 2012 draft.  Saw an interview with Burke on TSN where, in typical Burke fashion, he stated bluntly that the program has not worked.  Really, Brian?  Your plan to build a juggernaut around Phil Kessel, Dion Phaneuf, undrafted college FAs, unsigned European leaguers, and other cast-offs isn't panning out?  I'm shocked.

Since Ron Wilson's charming "Phil Kessel has 7 goals already, what's Tyler got?  One?" comment, Seguin has outscored Kessel 4-3.  He's done it with about 60% of the ice time, too.  And it has to hurt that Kessel is only the 4th leading scorer on that team, with fewer points than Michael Ryder, Mark Recchi, and David Krejci (who has played 7 fewer games).  In fact, he only has 5 more points than Seguin just past the quarter pole, and that gap is shrinking, not growing.  Whatever the reason for Kessel's low production, that team was not build around his being the 4th leading scorer on the team and 125th in the league.  If the problem is his surrounding cast, then you've dealt a lot of future away for a present that isn't wired right.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.  The only team in professional sports with a more storied history and yet a long and current record of futility and bad management is the Cubs.  That I can think of.  Even the Red Sox eventually put the curse to bed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

...using the myNHLdraft list, the Bruins would have their choice of anyone other than Couturier and Larsson if the season ended tomorrow.  #3 on their list is Ryan Nugent-Hopkins.  #4 is Gabriel Landeskog.  Once again, there's a C and a W in the running....

Long way to go yet.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I listened till I could no more 640am (thanks Ols and RHO) and all the callers are calling out Wilson . I hope he doesn't get fired as a new coach will bring that natural emotion for the Leafs to win a couple of games before they go back to their old selves.
    Burke will try to shake things up before canning his buddy,  trades to come soon, I'm certain. Their only asset , Kaberle . PC don't get tempted !
    Kessel is a good goal scorer but far from a franchise player. Seguin, could become a franchise player . Yikes !
    I still believe they're a better team than last season BUT they are bad.

p.s  Wilson has been awfully nice in his press conferences. Uhmmm?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Kessel disinterested?
    6:58AM ET

Phil Kessel has struggled thus far this season, and it might be an attitude problem more than anything. The www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/hockey/leafs-beat/leafs-top-line-bottoms-out/article1821552/?cmpid=rss1&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter" target="new">Globe and Mail's James Mirtle writes, "Kessel, however, has appeared disinterested, frustrated or both in recent games, which has led to more 1-on-1 play, making him easier for opponents to shut down."

And, when Kessel doesn't contribute on the offensive end, he really becomes a non-factor in games, because he doesn't really battle for pucks. This really has to sting for the Leafs because, if you'll remember, they gave away two first-rounders and a second-rounder for Kessel. And one of those first-rounders ended up being the No. 2 overall pick, which was used to select Tyler Seguin.

"“Three lines worked so hard, and our line, we were a non-factor and that can't happen,” MacArthur said, stopping short of calling out his more high-profile linemates......but the Leafs' biggest concern has to be Kessel, who has just five points in his past 15 games and has been a minus player seven times in that span.........Never known as a defensive stalwart, his unwillingness to battle for the puck in the corners or the front of the net has rendered him ineffective in the offensive zone at times during his slump......“I don't know,” he said when asked what his line needs to do differently. “I'm not sure. I guess we've got to support a little better. We didn't create that much [Tuesday] night and we've got to be better.”"

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

hockey101, bruins8, marco  - where are you???

say something so I can tell you to shut up.

of course you're waiting until PK comes out of his slump and pots a few and then you'll be claiming he's a 50 goal scorer again.

And conveniently forget this episode, the episode last year and his droughts with the Bruins.

never mind, you don't have to say anything.  I'll just tell you to shut up now.

And crawl back under your rocks where you belong.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Here it is Legion nothing to add though as the refs got a little too excited there at the end of the game. Bruins very sloppy and they let Toronto hang around.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Here it is Legion nothing to add though as the refs got a little too excited there at the end of the game. Bruins very sloppy and they let Toronto hang around.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

I couldn't find it earlier.
    Refs or no refs the Leafs played better , outshooting, out hitting and that's enough to tip the scale.
    Did anyone notice in the shootout where the Bruins shoot the ice was not cleaned properly ?  Very very narrow corridor, not straight to the net and not all the way to the net.
    Talk about a must win for the Leafs.
    What I don't like out of this one is they got 2 points and some momentum that will add to more points .  In the end they are what they are and should start losing again.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Bummer, this is bad.  A Bruins win could have sent the Leafs into a worse tail spin that they were in already.

I think the next Leafs game is fairly important, a loss caould help bring back the tailspin.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Bummer, this is bad.  A Bruins win could have sent the Leafs into a worse tail spin that they were in already. I think the next Leafs game is fairly important, a loss caould help bring back the tailspin.
    Posted by BadHabitude

Well it starts tonight.  Let's see if the vote of confidence the Bruins gave them will help them.  Tough games for Leafs this week.
    In Washington
    In Pittsburgh
    Home to Philly.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker : Well it starts tonight.  Let's see if the vote of confidence the Bruins gave them will help them.  Tough games for Leafs this week. In Washington In Pittsburgh Home to Philly.
    Posted by BsLegion

Don't other teams get injuries that take key players out for 6 mos a year or whatever?

Why can't it happen more frequently to the  Leafs?

Phaneuf or Komiserak being out probably help them.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

I think I heard on THE FAN 590 that if the Leafs lose to the Caps tonight, it will match their longest road losing streak in 14 years. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I think I heard on THE FAN 590 that if the Leafs lose to the Caps tonight, it will match their longest road losing streak in 14 years. Posted by RichmondHillOntario

Yes I love it when you throw these stats up RHO! OVIE! OVIE! OVIE! OVIE!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

Yeah, Dawg, I'm pretty sure that's what I heard today.  Had no idea they were within reach of that mark.  They're capable of winning any of their upcoming games including tonight's. 

Saturday's win over the B's has poured water on those previously screaming for the heads of Wilson and Burke, at least temporarily.  If they had lost, coupled with the tough stretch of games they have this week, it would have been very ugly up here, bro. 

Its Leafs 1, Caps 1 with just over 2 minutes left in the first.  Hold on!  Caps take the lead 2-1 on the PP.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

Caps 3, Leafs 1 with under 11 minutes left in the second period.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Way to go Cap !  Thanks for the updates RHO.
    Must have been hard at the ACC Saturday night, eh  RHO  ?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

Legion, it was brutal, bro.  Had a bit of an uneasy feeling watching the Bruins' performance that night.  You saw it.  They weren't skating in sand but something was off.  I was yelling like a madman, getting looks from folks when they took a 2-1 lead.  Man, that was a good feeling.  Versteeg's goal was a gut kick but then, of course, there was the SO. 

Legion, please tell me people don't leave the Garden in a state of sheer euphoria, hollering as if the Bruins won the Cup after a win, do they?  (Maybe against the Habs?)  Tons of folks left the ACC, piling out onto the streets.  I heard buzzing sounds like the vuvuzela horns heard during last summer's World Cup.  I'm thinking "Take it easy.  Its only one game.  The Leafs are now 9-12." 

At the end of the second, Caps 4, Leafs 1.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Legion, it was brutal, bro.  Had a bit of an uneasy feeling watching the Bruins' performance that night.  You saw it.  They weren't skating in sand but something was off.  I was yelling like a madman, getting looks from folks when they took a 2-1 lead.  Man, that was a good feeling.  Versteeg's goal was a gut kick but then, of course, there was the SO.  Legion, please tell me people don't leave the Garden in a state of sheer euphoria, hollering as if the Bruins won the Cup after a win, do they?  (Maybe against the Habs?)  Tons of folks left the ACC, piling out onto the streets.  I heard buzzing sounds like the vuvuzela horns heard during last summer's World Cup.  I'm thinking "Take it easy.  Its only one game.  The Leafs are now 9-12."  At the end of the second, Caps 4, Leafs 1.
    Posted by RichmondHillOntario

I know how you feel behind enemy lines.
    I had a bad feeling the other night and Bruins were the punching bag. 
    Well it had to happen at least once this season.
    Now I see things are back to normal.
    Keep bring the updates RHO, I'm watch the Pats tonight and all pumped as they play the hated Jets (like playing Habs).

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

No problem, Legion.  I'm also surfing between the Leafs/Caps and the big game at Foxboro.  Cheers, buddy.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

Grabovski just scored to make it Caps 4, Leafs 2 with 15 minutes left in the third.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

Are you ready?  Those never-say-die Leafs, who've been battling throughout have tied the game with just over 1 minute left in the third.  They made it 4-3 just moments earlier!  Shades of Saturday night, man!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I can't believe it ! 4-4  Just no goaltending

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

I can't believe it ! 4-4  Just no goaltending
    Posted by BsLegion

Believe it, buddy.  The Leafs won the game 5-4 on the SO.  Grabovski sunk one on a spin-erama, perhaps something similar to what would be done in practice. Wow!

Full credit to them as they never stopped coming at the Caps.  It also served to expose the Caps' back end a bit.  For sure they're loaded up front but behind the blue line, maybe not.

Sections
Shortcuts