Toronto Record Tracker

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Re: Toronto Record Tracker

Okay then ..... back to Pats game. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker:
    In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker : Believe it, buddy.  The Leafs won the game 5-4 on the SO.  Grabovski sunk one on a spin-erama, perhaps something similar to what would be done in practice. Wow! Full credit to them as they never stopped coming at the Caps.  It also served to expose the Caps' back end a bit.  For sure they're loaded up front but behind the blue line, maybe not.
    Posted by RichmondHillOntario

It's no wonder the Caps don't get far in the playoffs.

They have absolutely no concept of defending a lead.  Their defensive game is average at best and they do not have great goaltending.

I think if they bow out early again this year, Boudreau will be out as coach.

No way this Leaf team should have been able to come back from a 4-1 deficit playing on the road.

Nice to see it happen, but I think Washington lost this game more then the Leafs won it.

Maybe the bounces are going the Leaf's way for a change.

On the plus side, Schenn is getting better and better and Aulie was pretty solid too for a 21 year old.  Coupled with Gunnerson, once he gets thru this sophmore jink, and they may actually have something to build on. 

Komiserak, on the other hand, is a train wreck (was on for the first 3 Washington goals) and Gustovsson was fighting the puck early on, but very solid for the most part and great in the 3rd, OT and SO.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker : It's no wonder the Caps don't get far in the playoffs. They have absolutely no concept of defending a lead.  Their defensive game is average at best and they do not have great goaltending. I think if they bow out early again this year, Boudreau will be out as coach. No way this Leaf team should have been able to come back from a 4-1 deficit playing on the road. Nice to see it happen, but I think Washington lost this game more then the Leafs won it. Maybe the bounces are going the Leaf's way for a change. On the plus side, Schenn is getting better and better and Aulie was pretty solid too for a 21 year old.  Coupled with Gunnerson, once he gets thru this sophmore jink, and they may actually have something to build on.  Komiserak, on the other hand, is a train wreck (was on for the first 3 Washington goals) and Gustovsson was fighting the puck early on, but very solid for the most part and great in the 3rd, OT and SO.
    Posted by LoveRealHockey

LRH - I appreciate the shout out in your other thread, buddy.  I'm an admirer of your posts, to be sure.  Earlier tonight I said the Leafs were capable of winning any of the tough games coming up on their schedule against the Caps, Pittsburgh, Philly and Habs here in Toronto on Saturday night. 

I'm with you on your view of Boudreau.  No disrespect intended but I've never truly viewed him as a strategist due to the defensive end of the Caps' game. 

He's certainly fortunate to have the Caps respond to whatever coaching style he has that turned their season around a couple of years ago when he came in as the replacement.  Just don't see him as an "x's and o's" type to devise strategies to put other teams on lockdown instead of trying to outgun the opposition.  Everyone saw what happened when they came up against the hot Halak last spring.  Didn't they just aquire Scott Hannan to help shore up their D?

As you saw, the Leafs were full-value for the win.  There was no sense of packing it in even when down 4-1.  There will be a love-in on "Leaf Talk" tonight on AM 640!   

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker : It's no wonder the Caps don't get far in the playoffs. They have absolutely no concept of defending a lead.  Their defensive game is average at best and they do not have great goaltending. I think if they bow out early again this year, Boudreau will be out as coach. No way this Leaf team should have been able to come back from a 4-1 deficit playing on the road.Posted by LoveRealHockey

Have to give credit where it is due the Leafs hung in and turned things around. Grabavski's shootout goal was pretty sweet. Two things I saw Versteeg playing like he can and should play. Kaberle no ridiculous turnovers and kept control along the blueline his goal that made it 4-3 was all confidence.

Boudreau will definitely be gone with another early round bow out is right. I don't know if more, big, tough Dmen are going to solve Mcfee's Caps problems positionaly Washington's D is awful especially the Macarthur goal.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Well, one plus, at least they're not winning in regulation.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco1001. Show marco1001's posts

hockey101, bruins8, marco  - where are you??? say something so I can tell you to shut up. of course you're waiting until PK comes out of his slump and pots a few and then you'll be claiming he's a 50 goal scorer again. And conveniently forget this episode, the episode last year and his droughts with the Bruins. never mind, you don't have to say anything.  I'll just tell you to shut up now. And crawl back under your rocks where you belong.
    Posted by BadHabitude

well well, what do we have here? Bad Hab feeling , umm what's the word self-vindicated. ur never gonna get are u? it's not what kessel does in toronto which by the way was score 30 last year and no bruin even came close. it's what kessel would so in boston ?
    a healthy kessel in boson this year and my hopes of winning a cup have just skyrocketed. u really thimk seguin maked boston a better team this year then kessel would have. Kessel is what the bruins need.The future is now!!

Btw- since ur wondering where i have been it;s called life more important pressing matters, just landed a 500k contract while u are enlightening us on ur injust restaurant experiences, i"m actually out there working, the nerve of me.

btw- ur restaurant mundane experience would have made for a better column in the lifestyle section of the news paper,

keep in touch and i'll trry to post more often, i can see the boredom is killing u.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattymcgee55. Show mattymcgee55's posts

In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker : well well, what do we have here? Bad Hab feeling , umm what's the word self-vindicated. ur never gonna get are u? it's not what kessel does in toronto which by the way was score 30 last year and no bruin even came close. it's what kessel would so in boston ? a healthy kessel in boson this year and my hopes of winning a cup have just skyrocketed. u really thimk seguin maked boston a better team this year then kessel would have. Kessel is what the bruins need.The future is now!! Btw- since ur wondering where i have been it;s called life more important pressing matters, just landed a 500k contract while u are enlightening us on ur injust restaurant experiences, i"m actually out there working, the nerve of me. btw- ur restaurant mundane experience would have made for a better column in the lifestyle section of the news paper, keep in touch and i'll trry to post more often, i can see the boredom is killing u.
    Posted by marco1001

you are a tool

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker :   LRH - I appreciate the shout out in your other thread, buddy.  I'm an admirer of your posts, to be sure.  Earlier tonight I said the Leafs were capable of winning any of the tough games coming up on their schedule against the Caps, Pittsburgh, Philly and Habs here in Toronto on Saturday night.  I'm with you on your view of Boudreau.  No disrespect intended but I've never truly viewed him as a strategist due to the defensive end of the Caps' game.  He's certainly fortunate to have the Caps respond to whatever coaching style he has that turned their season around a couple of years ago when he came in as the replacement.  Just don't see him as an "x's and o's" type to devise strategies to put other teams on lockdown instead of trying to outgun the opposition.  Everyone saw what happened when they came up against the hot Halak last spring.  Didn't they just aquire Scott Hannan to help shore up their D? As you saw, the Leafs were full-value for the win.  There was no sense of packing it in even when down 4-1.  There will be a love-in on "Leaf Talk" tonight on AM 640!   
    Posted by RichmondHillOntario

Right back at you, RHO.  My parents actually live in Agincout and my brother is in Unionville which isn't too far away from Richmond Hill.

Looks like the parade is back on.........LOL

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker : you are a tool
    Posted by mattymcgee55

The ignore button is my friend.

I only see his post from your reponse to him.

I actually believe he is who he ways he is.  Typical egotistical suit who will insist that  the Titanic will not sink even when it is 7 miles under the ocean.  He makes sure he surrounds himself with people who will agree with him and can't imagine the nerve of someone who a) disagrees with him b) have a different lifestyle and who's ONLY objective in life is money.

Typical.

He does a lot of things, LISTENING is not one of them.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco1001. Show marco1001's posts

In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker : The ignore button is my friend. I only see his post from your reponse to him. I actually believe he is who he ways he is.  Typical egotistical suit who will insist that  the Titanic will not sink even when it is 7 miles under the ocean.  He makes sure he surrounds himself with people who will agree with him and can't imagine the nerve of someone who a) disagrees with him b) have a different lifestyle and who's ONLY objective in life is money. Typical. He does a lot of things, LISTENING is not one of them.
    Posted by BadHabitude

"Typical egotistical suit "  i am baffled here with your aformentioned statement. I mean first u call me and company out obviously desiring a reply . I give u a reply albeit one which u do not agree with and call upon the ignore button. All b/c u do not like my answer , let me ask u can that be a typical egoistic display on ur part.. It's not that i do not listen it's that i do not agree with u on a topic that u r and so am i clearly outspoken. If ur ever in company of hockey people preferably non-bostonian ones cuz bias is prevalent , ask the question about kess vs seguin . In the future maybe seguin will make this look like a steal but who knows where the team will stand by then. Fans are getting resless, i feel this may be a determing yr(i.e depending on what bruins do in playoffs)  in fan support for the next following year. Who knows we may be attreacting chicago type crowds b4 they poured it on but we will still be hoping for the future.

we have waited lonng enough! Bookboy made a comparison of the lowly leafs to cubs , well how much better off are the bruins.It's a good thing we fans are solid , loyal and some dumb

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

marco1001,  t'es plat en esti .  Correct me if I wrote this incorrect.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

//Looks like the parade is back on.........LOL//  Nice one, buddy!  Such is the state of being passionate about a team.  In the court of some public opinion, the axe is always poised, ready to fall on Julien, just as it was on Wilson prior to Saturday night. 

Should be interesting to see how the suddenly rejuvenated and confident Leafs perform against the red-hot Pens tomorrow, winners of 10 straight, I think.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco1001. Show marco1001's posts

Posted by BsLegion

bs legion, pourquoi le besoin d'ecrire en francais. ca c'est du quebecois pur l'aine. pas pire mon francais pour un americain

que penses tu?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco1001. Show marco1001's posts

Posted by BsLegion

c'est oestie

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

really marco , you're  American ? 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

really marco , you're  American ? 
    Posted by BsLegion

I don't know what he is.

I read his posts and they make no sense to me at all.  I have no idea what he's trying to say.

Tyler has 10 pts on the year and Kessel 15, that's not much difference and as bookboy pointed out the gap is getting smaller, not bigger.

Tyler *might* be better than Kessel at the end of this season, not 2-3 years from now.  It would not surprise me if Tyler emerged as a star at the end of the season.  Look at Taylor Hall, it took him a few games to come around - and he's been involved faster as he gets more ice time than Seguin does.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

With just over 6 minutes gone in the second period, the visiting Leafs are down 1-0 to the Pens. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Orr vs. Engelland disappointing but their last fight was a hard one to follow.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

The Pens just scored a short-handed, two-on-none goal to make it 2-0.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

Make that 3-0 Pens.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

Crosby makes it 4-0.  Enforcer Orr and linemates happened to be out against Crosby and co. who makes short work of that situation. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

Crosby is filthy...I listen to people rag all over him, but the fact is he is easily the best player in the NHL.  1st in goals, 2nd in assists, 1st in face offs won and 10th in +/- 

Can't believe this thread is still kicking....love it.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

You go the ball rolling, Tuukka and yeah, Crosby is better than ever right now than ever before and in a league of his own!  Get this:  Kessel gets drilled by Mike Rupp into the boards and it starts a series of "eye for an eye" with scraps.  Leafs took runs and Crosby in return.  Godard bloodies Jay Rosehill while Rupp and Komisarek throw down. 

In the meanwhile, the Leafs scored 2 goals to close the gap to 4-2, Pens with just over 10 minutes to go.  Cementhead Cooke just took a stupid penalty doing his specialty; blindsiding a player.  Leafs buzzing around Fleury on the PP.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

Pens 5, Leafs 2 with just under 3 minutes to play in third period.  Leafs are not dogging it. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

Pens 5-2 over the Leafs - Final.  Callers on "Leaf Talk" have chosen their target for tonight; Mike Komisarek for his continued poor play resulting in his diminishing ice time.  Thought is once Phaneuf returns, Komisarek should be the one who sits.

Sections
Shortcuts