Toronto Record Tracker

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

Re: Toronto Record Tracker

Make that now NYR 7, Leafs 0 with just over 3 minutes to go in regulation.  Just heard a daunting bit of talk on the broadcast.  Pierre Maguire and Gord Miller just said to make the playoffs with 92 pts., the Leafs are going to have to play .620 hockey the rest of the way.  Quite a task.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I'm lovin' it.

Phil Kessel only -1 tonight -- that's one of his better nights.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from StJohnsbruinsfan. Show StJohnsbruinsfan's posts

I was thinking they may have responded in the third but wow... right off the bat they give an odd man rush and the rangers score. Terrible news...for leafs fans. Great news for bruins fans.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

Found this article in today's Toronto Star illustrating the Leafs' situation.  They certainly have an uphill climb over the next few games but few expected them to take 6 of 8 points on their recent successful west coast trip. 

BTW, just heard this one their post-game radio call in show.  Guy phones in lamenting tonight's blow out loss to the Rangers and says he's been a Leaf fan for so long, he was in diapers the last time the Leafs won the Cup in '67 and he'll probably be in diapers the next time they win the Cup.  Good one!www.thestar.com/sports/hockey/nhl/mapleleafs/article/924211--maple-leafs-face-five-to-stay-alive" target="_blank">

http://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey/nhl/mapleleafs/article/924211--maple-leafs-face-five-to-stay-alive

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

Let's try that again.

http://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey/nhl/mapleleafs/article/924211--maple-leafs-face-five-to-stay-alive

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Yeah, that was a butt-whoopin'

I did see a brief glimpse of the ghost of Phil Kessel gliding around a bit though.

As long as they finish in the bottom 4 this year (equalling Courtier, Larsson, Landeskog, or RNK for the B's), I will cease wishing ill on their franchise.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Leafs were simply "Waffle " last night... couldn't resist..

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

Toronto:
    Current Draft position: 5
    Current distance from a playoff spot: 12 points
    Games completed: 55%  (45 games)
    Games remaining: 45% (37 games)

Just saying.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker:
    Toronto: Current Draft position: 5 Current distance from a playoff spot: 12 points Games completed: 55%  (45 games) Games remaining: 45% (37 games) Just saying.
    Posted by OlsonicCreations

You can add to that "Points from last: 12"

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

i know a fan thru one on the ice....but what is the significance? am i an idiot- is it just a play on words like woefull and awful-crammed together? someone please clear this up for me- then call me an idiot

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Your not an idiot :)  Plus your explanation is one of the best ones I have heard.. Probably what the guy was trying to imply anyway....It is just a thing that has caught on with Leafs Nation and it gets mentioned quite a bit on their forums.. " Let go my Eggo" is also right up there now as well... The guy who actually started this got himself suspended from all arenas and sporting events that MSLE ( owners of Leafs) teams play in... Hope he didn't have season tickets :)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from misterpaulo. Show misterpaulo's posts

Is a statment related to how the team has "waffled" under Burkie?

Or is it PK fans offerring him a mid game snack?  By the third period Phil must be getting drained as the energy gained from Phil's pregame doritos and fun dip candy will have worn off by then.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Alright guys, I am not a huge hockey guy, but I am interested in your take on the Kessel deal to date.  He's got I believe 31 points, -17 +/-, his team is not really performing.  He can score, not sure what else he brings to the table. 

So I guess my questions are:

What is the early opinion on Seguin, what kind of player does he project to be based on what you've seen so far?  I assume he will become the type of player that in 2 years will vastly outshine Phil? 

Are the Bruins in any way missing Kessel, or should they be excited for the future based on Seguin's potential?   

What about the next draft?  Where are you projecting the Leaf's pick to be and what is the biggest need? 

Just asking, as I say I am not a knowledgeable hockey fan but I know the 3 other major sports well enough.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

CWB,

Kessel is fast and a good goal scorer. There is nothing else in in his game...at all. By all accounts he is thought to be lazy, not coachable, and would rather get a hat-trick in a loss than to be off the scoresheet in a win. He doesn't backcheck or go to the corners. He also costs the Leaf's more than 5million per.

Seguin, by all accounts is growing into being a real force. The results aren't there yet but the kid is only 18. His upside is 10x more than Kessel. He skates like the wind, can stickhandle beautifully, and has a great shot.

Considering the B's also got Jared Knight and have (at this point) a top 5 pick from the Laffs this year, it appears this trade will go down as one of the biggest fleece jobs in NHL history...but that won't truly be known for a few years. Lots can happen. But I'd do this trade again any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kebbe. Show kebbe's posts

Kessel is a basically one trick pony,albeit a good one,and is getting an enormous salary.Seguin is just a kid who has shown a skill set that shouts all-star,a willingness to work hard all three zones(his work ethic is admirable),is a terrific skater with speed,is already a superb stick handler.intuitive and intelligent.What his lacking is physical maturity and sheer physical strength. only comes with getting a bit older and stronger through an effective oof-season workout regimen.It also wouldn't hurt if C.J.skated him more minutes and with the same linemates who are veterans and really know how to play the game.I'll keep what we got for Kessel and continue to thank Burke. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker:
        Kessel is a basically one trick pony,albeit a good one,and is getting an enormous salary.Seguin is just a kid who has shown a skill set that shouts all-star,a willingness to work hard all three zones(his work ethic is admirable),is a terrific skater with speed,is already a superb stick handler.intuitive and intelligent.What his lacking is physical maturity and sheer physical strength. only comes with getting a bit older and stronger through an effective oof-season workout regimen.It also wouldn't hurt if C.J.skated him more minutes and with the same linemates who are veterans and really know how to play the game.I'll keep what we got for Kessel and continue to thank Burke. 
    Posted by kebbe

QFT

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-VIyhVu8DQ&feature=player_embedded#at=30

Parros gives Orr the face plant after a nice cross Orr has not returned.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

The one positive thing about the loss to Buffalo is that the Bruins helped to make the gap between the bottom 5 and the rest bigger.

Right now it looks like pick 5 and maybe 4 if the Sens can turn it around.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

Toronto:
    Current Draft position: 5
    Current distance from a playoff spot: 11 points (with three games in hand)
    Current distance from last place: 12 points
    Games completed: 56%  (46 games)
    Games remaining: 44% (36 games)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Thought this was funny. TSN had a mock all-star draft. Guess who was last......

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?id=36435

That's right, Phil "the Thrill" Kessel.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

Just heard about this on the radio.  Checked the site and there it was.  Who knows.

http://www.tmz.com/2011/01/22/nhl-star-mike-komisarek-punch-nightclub-woman-attack-lawsuit-investigation/

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

BTW, the above article called Komisarek a "defensive powerhouse."  Just a wee bit of an exaggeration, yes?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

A nice parlay of Caps/Ducks wins tonight would be brilliant. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

1-0 Caps in the first.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

3-1 Caps with just under 12 mins. left in regulation.

Sections
Shortcuts