Toronto Record Tracker

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

Re: Toronto Record Tracker

In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker:
    [QUOTE]Smile pretty for the cameras Philaparazzi 19:30 TOI 6 shots and a penalty ahh yes looking good as you wave to the admiring crowd.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

LOL :)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeACHRw9k4c&feature=related

"saturday morning cartoons"

Hey Phil "What was it like to be picked dead last in the All Star Draft ?"

Baaattmmaaan....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan084evr. Show bruinsfan084evr's posts

Brian Burke suggests last 5 players of the ASG draft should be drawn out of a hat. Doesn't like negative focus on Kessel.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]     http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeACHRw9k4c&feature=related                          "saturday morning cartoons" Hey Phil "What was it like to be picked dead last in the All Star Draft ?" Baaattmmaaan....

That ones a classic LOL

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

Burke may get the changes but the damage is done, and no one will forget.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

I felt bad for Phil.  At least they made light of it with the car winning and charity donation.

I couldn't believe Ovie put it on his Blackberry..  What a dewsh.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]     http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeACHRw9k4c&feature=related                          "saturday morning cartoons" Hey Phil "What was it like to be picked dead last in the All Star Draft ?" Baaattmmaaan....

Dawg, that's brilliant.  Don't know if you saw this earlier but on RogersSportsNet a couple of weeks ag, it was announced legendary Marvel Comics creator Stan Lee is working on comic book superheroes for each NHL team.  The bit showed the characters for the Wild and Pens, each with a special power to be indicative of the team. 

Sportscaster Brad Feig, on air at the time deadpans "I hope the amazing power of the Leafs' superhero is a lot more than the ability to wilt and fall from a tree!" 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

Can't say that I felt sorry for him. The day I heard he walked away from the team work out is the day I wished nothing but the worst for him.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan084evr. Show bruinsfan084evr's posts

Which coach would you least like to play for?

www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/allstar/poll/coaches/which-coach-would-you-least-like-to-play-for/#

Ron Wilson: 24%
    • John Tortorella: 15%
    • Marc Crawford: 14%
    • Brent Sutter: 10%
    • Mike Keenan: 9%
    (Photo by Dave Sandford/Getty Images)

This is certainly a different list from the coach the players want to play for.

Ron Wilson is arrogant and is not afraid of calling out players in his post-game or post-practice remarks. This is something that the players are willing to tolerate if you're winning, but Wilson hasn't had much in the way of wins since the lockout.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ortiztheman2003. Show ortiztheman2003's posts

[QUOTE]I felt bad for Phil.  At least they made light of it with the car winning and charity donation. I couldn't believe Ovie put it on his Blackberry..  What a dewsh.
    Posted by bim09[/QUOTE]

Yes I to felt bad for Phil. Hopefully this doesnt do anything to light a fire under him and get him on a streak and jeopardize the bruins chances at a high pick

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker :  Sportscaster Brad Feig, on air at the time deadpans "I hope the amazing power of the Leafs' superhero is a lot more than the ability to wilt and fall from a tree!" Posted by RichmondHillOntario[/QUOTE]

Nice!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

2-1 Toronto over Florida after one period cmon Wides do something.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]2-1 Toronto over Florida after one period cmon Wides do something.

Booth just tied the game 2-2 with Toronto who are coached by the vastly unpopular throughout the league, Ron Wilson.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

What a rush by the pill at the end of OT and a great save by ex BC netminder Clemmensen great ending!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

Leafs take it 4-3 in the SO.  We all know the Leafs took a publc roasting this weekend with the Wilson poll, Kessel and Toronto being one of the least desirable teams to play for. 

The latter kick at their can shouldn't really come as any surprise as its been at least 6 years in the making. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Hey RHO!! I was looking at the stats tonite on Leafs game and saw that Mighty Kess got 2 for elbowing?  What?? was he lifting his arm to scratch himself and someone skated by and got nailed?  It couldn't be that he actually tried to throw a body check.. Say it ain't so!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

cowboys - Man, that is too funny!  I didn't see that rare sighting 'cause I was mainly watching the Bruin game but when I watch Kessel, I sometimes think of a great quote by the amazingly bizarre former owner of the Leafs back in the 70's and 80's, Harold Ballard. 

In the early 70's, the Leafs had one of the first Europeans in the league, the offensively talented but meek Inge Hammarstrom.  Ballard wasn't shy about speaking his mind on anything, no matter how nuts it was. 

He described Hammarstrom as being the only player he'd ever seen "who could skate into the corner after the puck with a dozen eggs in his pockets and not break one of them." 

Kessel's got that in him, too but we know his job is not to bang.  I'd imagine one of the sports media outlets up here will comment on his penalty. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

When did Okposo get back?  If the Leafs can get back to their stinking ways, I wonder if he would be enough to lift the Islanders past them?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

21st of January was Okposo's first game back just in time becuase Ottawa just might end up in last but I could see New jersey and the Islanders skating past the Laffs. If Giguere and say both Komoserik (sp?) n Kaberle get traded things will be fine me thinks.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

Now only if Ottawa could grow a pair and put the puck in the net once in a while...or win a game. Looking more & more likely like the #5 pick, and Dougie Hamilton (sigh...).

Not that I have anything against Hamilton, but I think an offensive forward is needed MUCH more than a d-man (Larsson would be the exception, but he's not going past the top 2). If we could get into the #3 or even the #4 spot, we'd likely walk away with Couturier or Landeskog.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I'm not too concerned this year with where we pick, the prospects are all very close and the draft is at least 7 or 8 good players deep.  I would like them to draft a D, but hopefully it's Ryan Murphy.  He has high-end skill.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

Watching Murphy play quite a bit the last little while, I can say his offensive game is unbelievable. He's a DEAD ON passer and has a filthy, yet awkward, shot that usually finds its way in the back of the net. Unless he comes into training camp with 20+ pounds on his current frame, he'll need probly 1-2 years to get ready. He needs a decent amount of work on his defensive game, but he has plenty of upside/potential. If he is paired with a solid d-man in his rotation it would help him out greatly. I think that when he makes it to the NHL, he can have a real good impact (offensively) right away. He's about 165 pounds or so right now, and if he can come in at about 185+, with noticeable improvement in his defensive zone, he'll be quite the player.'

With all that being said, I'd like it much more if we could be in the #3 or #4 slot, as we'd very likely come away with Landeskog or Couturier, an offensive forward that is of greater need than a d-man.

Just my $.02.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from cymbolicnoise. Show cymbolicnoise's posts

The Bruins future looks very bright.
    They have a goaile rask, bergy, caron, seguin, cloburn, kamfer, wheels, horton, and a slew of  others that we haven't seen yet.  but they need to skate, this team has a hard time skating for 60min. they need to pick up the pace.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

^Good points. However, they are, imo, one, most likely two 25-30-ish goal wingers away from being a really strong force (not that they aren't now). If Savy is on the shelf for the rest of the year, I expect PC to use that 4-4.5M in cap space to improve the team. I keep hearing this "Chris Phillips" talk, he's a good defensemen, but really has no offensive game what so ever. We have too many of these guys (See Stuart, Ference, McQuaid, and even Boychuk at times this year). It'd be a much better use, imo, to see if you can get 1-2 20+ goal wingers or even an upgrade as an offensive defensemen. The challenge, however, will be to best use the $4-4.5M they have in cap space, if in fact Savy is on the shelf for the rest of the year.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

Leafs are down 4-1 mid-way through the second in Buffalo.  During "Coach's Corner," Don Cherry criticized Ference for his views regading Paille's hit last Thursday. 

He said Ference shouldn't have made the comments he did calling it a bad hit and that sort of thing can "bring down" the dressing room.  Cherry implied today's loss to the Sharks may have been a result of Ference's words.

Sections
Shortcuts