Toronto Record Tracker

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Re: Toronto Record Tracker

Matt Niskonen just gave the Pens a 1-0 lead at just under the 13 minute mark of the first. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Kulemin tied the score at 1-1.  End of the first period.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

This is good news!  The Pens have gone ahead 2-1 on the Leafs.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Why can't Cooke knock Phaneuf out?
    Why can't anyone knock Cooke out? (again) (thank you Evander)

Where is Kelvana?

Did he catch Phaneuf chasing after the breakaway for a goal?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

2-2 Pens and Leafs with under 9 mins to go in regulation time.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

3-2 Leafs in OT.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Bah.  Call them the 3-pt Leafs.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

The Leafs visit Philly tomorrow night so perhaps the Flyers can put a dent in their hunt for a playoff spot.  Full props to them.  They're hanging in.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Flyers take a 1-0 lead only to have one of our fave cementheads, Scott Hartnell, try to clear it out of his own end by throwing it towards his blueline.  Its picked off by MacArthur who blisters it in the Philly net 21 seconds later. 
    1-1 thanks to the former Tiny Tim look-a-like.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

God I hope Philly puts them in their palce tonight, both physically and on the scoresheet. By the way RHO, do you think it is just coincidence that the Buds have suddenly turned things around after ORR went on the IR....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker:
    God I hope Philly puts them in their palce tonight, both physically and on the scoresheet. By the way RHO, do you think it is just coincidence that the Buds have suddenly turned things around after ORR went on the IR....
    Posted by jmwalters

Geez, those Leafs will not go away!  They win in Philly 3-2!  Son of a gun. 

jm - I think its more the play of the rookie Reimer in goal more than anything to do with the absence of Orr.  The talk up here is Reimer has instilled a boatload of confidence in the club with his calm, cool play.  The loss last weekend to the Thrashers seemed to illustrate it. 

He left the game after taking a knee to his head from Kane.  As soon as Giguerre came in, the Leafs seemed to visibly sag and certainly stopped skating, allowing Atlanta to bring the game to them which they did in waves. 

Unfortunately, there weren't enough folks in the stand to see it.  We can't overlook Kessel's recent hot streak plus Phaneuf seems to be playing more like the player Burke thought he was obtaining last year when he made the deal for him.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I guess I just have to say...

aaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

How could you root for Philly tonight.  Because Toronto was able to win in regulation we sit three points behind Philly.  Philly does have a game in hand, but this is a race and I will take every point I can get, the pick be damned.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

How could you root for Philly tonight.  Because Toronto was able to win in regulation we sit three points behind Philly.  Philly does have a game in hand, but this is a race and I will take every point I can get, the pick be damned.
    Posted by RickyHussle

I want both.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker : Geez, those Leafs will not go away!  They win in Philly 3-2!  Son of a gun.  jm - I think its more the play of the rookie Reimer in goal more than anything to do with the absence of Orr.  The talk up here is Reimer has instilled a boatload of confidence in the club with his calm, cool play.  The loss last weekend to the Thrashers seemed to illustrate it.  He left the game after taking a knee to his head from Kane.  As soon as Giguerre came in, the Leafs seemed to visibly sag and certainly stopped skating, allowing Atlanta to bring the game to them which they did in waves.  Unfortunately, there weren't enough folks in the stand to see it.  We can't overlook Kessel's recent hot streak plus Phaneuf seems to be playing more like the player Burke thought he was obtaining last year when he made the deal for him.
    Posted by RichHillOntario

Good point. I am starting to adhere to the strong witchcraft theory myself. This is getting stupid....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Where's those people with the laughing at the idea of Toronto winning games?

[crickets]

PS, I was rooting for Philly.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

And a really rough schedule remaining. Last game of the season vs. Habs Bruins, Pitts, Flyers twice each. Chicago TB Detroit NJ Washington. At this moment in time, aside NJ, 5 games against teams lower than them in the standings the rest of the year. That is a tough schedule.
    Posted by BadHabitude

All of a sudden the schedule doesn't look like it is very hard does it BH? .. have to hand it to these guys.. they manhandled Phily who everyone raves about being the beasts of the East..  I see a lot of winnable games remaining this month, I can even see them beating Chicago on Saturday at home... then Islanders, Buffalo (twice ) Carolina,Florida,Minnesota, Colorado..all very winnable indeed..The kid in goal has been the difference...Give this team credit..

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker : All of a sudden the schedule doesn't look like it is very hard does it BH? .. have to hand it to these guys.. they manhandled Phily who everyone raves about being the beasts of the East..  I see a lot of winnable games remaining this month, I can even see them beating Chicago on Saturday at home... then Islanders, Buffalo (twice ) Carolina,Florida,Minnesota, Colorado..all very winnable indeed..The kid in goal has been the difference...Give this team credit..
    Posted by cowboys9

Perhaps the positive to be taken out of this is that maybe Philly was exposed as baing not as dominant as everyone thought...

Either that or the Buds simply did not stimulate the Flyers enough to want to care to try...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker : Perhaps the positive to be taken out of this is that maybe Philly was exposed as baing not as dominant as everyone thought... Either that or the Buds simply did not stimulate the Flyers enough to want to care to try...
    Posted by jmwalters

Hi-lite of the night for me was watching " Muhammad" Aulie beat the tar out of Hartnell soundly... He obviously stimulated his team.. I will never understand Philly wasting years of having decent teams and never going out to get a #1 goalie to put them over the top.. If they think Bobo is taking them to the finals they are delusional.. Last year Leighton was a fluke, won't happen this year..they have had a great year mind you and not hit any bumps so maybe losses to Ottawa and now Toronto are just a blip or could be the start of a slide.. Bruins now in line to challenge for #1 overall in the conference.. I like that a lot...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Posted by RickyHussle

Ricky - I hear you but its not often that an already contending club has the chance to load up on potentially blue-chip, impact players courtesy of a team that has chosen to part with these elements usually precious to the return to respectability. 

The situation reminds me of reading how the Habs' Sam Pollock used to trade players to lowly teams like LA for their picks.  It would be great to see the Bruins with a one-two combo perhaps like the Oilers' Hall and Eberle.  Cheers!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker : All of a sudden the schedule doesn't look like it is very hard does it BH? .. have to hand it to these guys.. they manhandled Phily who everyone raves about being the beasts of the East..  I see a lot of winnable games remaining this month, I can even see them beating Chicago on Saturday at home... then Islanders, Buffalo (twice ) Carolina,Florida,Minnesota, Colorado..all very winnable indeed..The kid in goal has been the difference...Give this team credit..
    Posted by cowboys9

I am eating crow, no doubt about it.
    They certainly deserve credit over this run, no excuses.
    And after dumping Kaberle and Versteeg?

And - I've noticed Kessel is doing what he should be doing, he's going into traffic, he's skating both ways.  Funny thing is that when he focused on the defense more, his offensive numbers go up. 

The question does remain as to whether they can keep it up.
    The playoffs will still be tough for them to make, they have the Devils in the rear view mirror getting bigger every second.

And they are still fragile, a lot seems to hinge on Riemer.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker : Ricky - I hear you but its not often that an already contending club has the chance to load up on potentially blue-chip, impact players courtesy of a team that has chosen to part with these elements usually precious to the return to respectability.  The situation reminds me of reading how the Habs' Sam Pollock used to trade players to lowly teams like LA for their picks.  It would be great to see the Bruins with a one-two combo perhaps like the Oilers' Hall and Eberle.  Cheers!
    Posted by RichHillOntario

I hear where you are coming from, but by all accounts we are not getting a "Malkin" type man to come in and play Robin from this draft.  Good news though this team has enough Robin's that there carrying there unprepared Batman on what could be a lengthy playoff run.  If we didn't have the Toronto pick at all  we would have a VERY healthy looking future.  Meanwhile there's nothing better for a young player then adding meaningful playoff games to there experience.  A month ago I thought it looked like this team had a fighter's chance against any team in the playoff's but I shied away from the terms "Cup Contender" and "Elite Team".  I think they are showing us that those things are not outside of there reach.  I count 7 teams with a great shot to win it all.  Top 3 in each conference plus Chicago, if Crosby comes back we can discuss them based on his play.  At this point anytime Toronto plays a team in the Eastern conference playoff hunt especially the top teams in that hunt, I'm thinking stanley cup implications and not draft pick implications.

By the way isn't everybody saing the draft is very bunched this year.  A top 5, a solid 6-15 and then a precipitous dropoff.  I mean it certainly looks like we might fall out of the top 5, but talent like Jeff Skinner and Cam Fowler were available in last year's solid but not elite grouping.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

"And - I've noticed Kessel is doing what he should be doing, he's going into traffic, he's skating both ways.  Funny thing is that when he focused on the defense more, his offensive numbers go up. "

Looking back wasn't that what Julien was trying to instill in him when he was here.. God, the dreaded word " maturity" Does that apply to Kessel? Is he finally getting it? That's what a lot on here don't see when they comment on Seguin and his progress ... The same thing applies.

Devils have a very favourable schedule - 3 games against Islanders, two against Atlanta, and two against Ottawa..and the way the Rangers are sinking should be fun to watch down the stretch.. Agree, wouldn't put it past them , but they would have to go on similar 9-1 run in next ten games like they have just done and get some help.. it would be one of the greatest comebacks in the history of the game..and for sure I wouldn't want to play them in the first round either..

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I'll give them credit although lately playing twice a bad Pens team and a Philly team that is just wrong can be deceiving.
    I think it'll be hard to continue this run for the Leafs only because I feel the Canes and Sabres have better teams.  They should shore up 7th and 8th.  The Habs will be in that mix and most likely finish 5th or 6th.
    The only thing that this Leaf's run has done is takeway a lottery pick for the Bruins .  They still will not make the playoffs, sorry LRH (you guys do deserve better).
    Florida and THAT GM gutted the team purposely to tank.  They were in position to finish in front of TO (unlike Ottawa) but their GM is more interested in his team becoming the Florida Black Hawks in the next century.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker : Hi-lite of the night for me was watching " Muhammad" Aulie beat the tar out of Hartnell soundly... He obviously stimulated his team.. I will never understand Philly wasting years of having decent teams and never going out to get a #1 goalie to put them over the top.. If they think Bobo is taking them to the finals they are delusional.. Last year Leighton was a fluke, won't happen this year..they have had a great year mind you and not hit any bumps so maybe losses to Ottawa and now Toronto are just a blip or could be the start of a slide.. Bruins now in line to challenge for #1 overall in the conference.. I like that a lot...
    Posted by cowboys9

Just watched that fight. Why Hartnel bothers to drop the gloves I will never know:
    http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/103399

I have always wondered about the goalie thing also (Leighton, Boucher, Snow, Chechmanik, Nittimaki, Esche, et etc) . I believe they would have gotten a major name this year had not the Chicago "cheap goalie" trend happened in the playoffs. Had they been able to snag Nabokov at the beginning of the year like I think they were intending to do then they would probably be unstoppable this year....

Sections
Shortcuts