Toronto Record Tracker

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

Re: Toronto Record Tracker

In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker:
    In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker : Just watched that fight. Why Hartnel bothers to drop the gloves I will never know: http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/103399 I have always wondered about the goalie thing also (Leighton, Boucher, Snow, Chechmanik, Nittimaki, Esche, et etc) . I believe they would have gotten a major name this year had not the Chicago "cheap goalie" trend happened in the playoffs. Had they been able to snag Nabokov at the beginning of the year like I think they were intending to do then they would probably be unstoppable this year....
    Posted by jmwalters

I agree with you on the flyers having been influenced by CHI with Niemi.  I think the most likely high profile goalie they would have acquired in the offseason would have been none other then Tim Thomas.  Pheww glad that didn't happen.  On top of them getting the best goalie in the NHL I think the thought process was that we were going to have to take little to nothing in return just to shed his "bloated" contract.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker : I agree with you on the flyers having been influenced by CHI with Niemi.  I think the most likely high profile goalie they would have acquired in the offseason would have been none other then Tim Thomas.  Pheww glad that didn't happen.  On top of them getting the best goalie in the NHL I think the thought process was that we were going to have to take little to nothing in return just to shed his "bloated" contract.
    Posted by RickyHussle

Yes, I do remember now that there were rumblings of a Thomas for Carter trade. Then PC fleeced Florida for Horton and Campbell and those rumours faded. In hindsight PC made the right call....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

"And - I've noticed Kessel is doing what he should be doing, he's going into traffic, he's skating both ways.  Funny thing is that when he focused on the defense more, his offensive numbers go up.  " Looking back wasn't that what Julien was trying to instill in him when he was here.. God, the dreaded word " maturity" Does that apply to Kessel? Is he finally getting it? That's what a lot on here don't see when they comment on Seguin and his progress ... The same thing applies. Devils have a very favourable schedule - 3 games against Islanders, two against Atlanta, and two against Ottawa..and the way the Rangers are sinking should be fun to watch down the stretch.. Agree, wouldn't put it past them , but they would have to go on similar 9-1 run in next ten games like they have just done and get some help.. it would be one of the greatest comebacks in the history of the game..and for sure I wouldn't want to play them in the first round either..
    Posted by cowboys9

Yah, about that maturity, it seems obvious to me that Seguin is more mature than Kessel right out of the bucket.  When they sit him, the body language, what he says in interviews, staying late at practice  all say he's dealing with it like he should - a professinal.

Kessel started the year playing like this and I was concerned.  So it still remains to be seen if he'll keep up the work ethic.

It ain't over til its over.  And as you point out, I would be shocked if the Devils didn't overtake them.

Plus, depth is a problem.  Grabovski, MacArther and especially Riemer, if they get hurt they are in big trouble.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

I think this should be here:

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

I just really hope the tor pick ends up top 8 at this point, I would be happy with hamilton/hubredeau/strome and maybe murphy.  I think this second tier of guys in this draft are very underrated at this point. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I think this should be here: http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=35&id=101262
    Posted by DrCC

Most interesting to me, check Kessel in the last few frames.  My flashback: me and the other guys playing pond hockey and my 5 year younger sister coming over  without her skates saying "can I play?  can  I play?  I want to play!" and no one even hearing her.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

I think this should be here: http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=35&id=101262
    Posted by DrCC

DrCC - Good one!  That's $10 million worth of 2010/11 salary colliding together.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker : Most interesting to me, check Kessel in the last few frames.  My flashback: me and the other guys playing pond hockey and my 5 year younger sister coming over  without her skates saying "can I play?  can  I play?  I want to play!" and no one even hearing her.
    Posted by BadHabitude

I heard one of THE FAN 590's on-air personalities today refer to this talented Leaf player being largely responsible for their recent run: "Pion Kaneuf." 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

About one month ago, remember this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhCbLfHm1rw

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

About one month ago, remember this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhCbLfHm1rw
    Posted by BadHabitude

I guess Kessel scoring and them winning can make for one happy blue and white family. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker : I guess Kessel scoring and them winning can make for one happy blue and white family. 
    Posted by RichHillOntario

The most interesting part of that interview was the explanation by Phil's team mates that when Phil says "here" he means "right now."
    Just how stupid is this guy?  I have to wonder how much it effects his on ice effectiveness.
    It's not as if I'm the only one who's noticed, bloge salming has pointed out on more than one occasion that he seems to have a hard time remembering and pronouncing his own name.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker : The most interesting part of that interview was the explanation by Phil's team mates that when Phil says "here" he means "right now." Just how stupid is this guy?  I have to wonder how much it effects his on ice effectiveness. It's not as if I'm the only one who's noticed, bloge salming has pointed out on more than one occasion that he seems to have a hard time remembering and pronouncing his own name.
    Posted by BadHabitude

Even during their recent good play, on-air heads up here were questioning the accessiblity of both Captain Phaneuf and Kessel as they're noticably absent as team spokespeople but for different reasons. 

Apparently, Phaneuf responds to questions as if they were a waste of his time while Kessel's often uncomfortably tongue-tied.  Neither is in any ads that I'm aware of other than one in which they skate towards the camera in slo-mo and spray the lens with snow. 

BTW, its 3-0 Hawks near the end of the first period.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Chicago 4-1 over the Leafs with under 8 minutes left in the second period.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Chicago 4-1 over the Leafs with under 8 minutes left in the second period.

Looks like I'm going to get the Leafs loss as the consolation prize tonight.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker : Looks like I'm going to get the Leafs loss as the consolation prize tonight.
    Posted by BadHabitude

You never know, BadHab.  The Bruins could match tonight's opposition and put a couple behind Fleury.  They certainly assisted the Pens with their spectator display during the second period but should they climb back into it for a win and the Leafs go down, it will be a good night all-around.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Armstrong gets one for the Leafs to make it 5-2 Hawks four minutes into the third.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Grabovski just missed scoring on a penalty shot with one of his dipsy-doodle moves but Crawford gets a toe on it.  Still Hawks 5, Leafs 2 with 13 minutes left in regulation time.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Well at least they figured out Reimer tonight.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Well at least they figured out Reimer tonight.
    Posted by BsLegion

Legion - Former Blues goalie, now CBC analysist, Greg Millen, for what its worth, announced during the game that shooters around the league are now going upstairs on Reimer as he's shown a tendency to go down early leaving the top corners open.  We'll see.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

BTW, the home Leafs lost 5-3 tonight to Chicago.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker : Legion - Former Blues goalie, now CBC analysist, Greg Millen, for what its worth, announced during the game that shooters around the league are now going upstairs on Reimer as he's shown a tendency to go down early leaving the top corners open.  We'll see.

The same thing has been said about Rask....I think the kid just had an off night The way the Hawks played tonite...they would have beaten just about anybody. With the Leafs losing , it makes The Bruins loss a little more palatable

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

No score between the visiting Leafs and Isles at the end of the first.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Zenon Zonopka gave the Isles and early second period lead only to have Keith Aulie tie it for the Leafs seconds later.  1-1.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Isles now lead 2-1 late in the second.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Its 2-2 NYI and the Leafs after two periods.

Sections
Shortcuts